Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Apprentice 2008

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Apprentice 2008 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 9:40:42 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

The posh boys may have been arrogant, but the others were total tools.

I disagree. Selling £136 worth of fish for £50? Terrible bartering. Looked like they sold to an office too. I know the market there are alot better places to sell to. A restuarant perhaps? One of them was almost in tears as he was not mentioned as a top seller and because the leader wouldn't be his friend.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 31
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 9:42:19 PM   
clare_star_

I know I should be watching but oh my goodness. Some of those boys are twits! The split seems to have been made worse by the fact the four boys started bitching about in the car on the way there - it sounds like they went out their way to attack before they were blamed.

That bath in the house is ace.

''Twitter''

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 32
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 9:47:55 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

I disagree. Selling £136 worth of fish for £50? Terrible bartering. Looked like they sold to an office too. I know the market there are alot better places to sell to. A restuarant perhaps? One of them was almost in tears as he was not mentioned as a top seller and because the leader wouldn't be his friend.

And yet the guy responsible for that terrible bartering was spared at the expense of the posh boys.  The project manager is a tool.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 33
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 9:51:23 PM   
KnightofZyryab

It will be the equivalent of a gladiatorial match ...

Right ...

What the fuck are they talking about football for ?

< Message edited by KnightofZyryab -- 26/3/2008 9:52:00 PM >

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 34
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 9:54:12 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

And yet the guy responsible for that terrible bartering was spared at the expense of the posh boys.  The project manager is a tool.

I have not have seen enough of him to say that. The two guys he bought in made serious mistakes too. The guy who did the bartering did at least admit he right away he sealed the deal and the guys who went with him said they all agreed too so you can't just blame him alone. Besides I critized the whole group too. I thought both the guys and girls were terrible.
EDIT: Agreed with Sir Alan's choice here.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 26/3/2008 9:59:55 PM >

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 35
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 10:03:30 PM   
Mozza

They were all tools, and the only reason that Captain Soul Patch was fired because he dug himself into a hole with his "some are more cultured" blatherings.

But if they were good, it wouldn't be good TV.

Watching You're Fired!, and he looks like a doll brought to life.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 36
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 10:10:07 PM   
deniseA

There could be trouble ahead….

My goodness, what an absolute, can't find the words……arrrrrrrghhhhhh

I just don't know what to say really.  Maybe it being the first task had something to do with it being that they were just thrown in, but my word it was inept.

Firstly, the boys.  Just like last year they all did their best to avoid being Project Manager, with Alex eventually stepping up.  The girls seemed to sort it quite quickly.

How many people does it take to run a fish stall?  Good lord, identify and mark up your fish first, get a couple of people on the stall, send everyone else off to try and drum up business.  You are sales people for crying out loud.   

I kept getting distracted by the boys team, well not the team, but Kevin.  I kept seeing Matt Lucas, but slimmer and with hair.  Not that you saw much of him which might suggest he's going to be one of those people that hangs around for a little while then slips out the door without anyone noticing.

Neither team was good though, the girls ineptness was just outweighed by the boys attempts to be even more so.

< Message edited by deniseA -- 26/3/2008 10:29:05 PM >

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 37
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 10:27:29 PM   
Achtung Englander

could be The Apprentice fatigue but I got bored with the 1st episode by about half way through

they talk the same shite and they are all crap

I just feel sorry for Sugar

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 38
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 10:36:04 PM   
deniseA

It was a poor first episode, so just hope that things pick up, but there wasn't an awful lot to shout about at all.

(in reply to Achtung Englander)
Post #: 39
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 10:46:19 PM   
Timon

Priceless stuff. All indept, all complete tossers (with the exception of a few standouts...who stood out because they didn't cock up).

What the hell does that Raef have on his head?! And Raef? RAEF? What a spanner.

I quite liked Alex. Sure he messed up as leader but compared to the other two, he seemed like a winner.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 40
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 10:54:33 PM   
star_fire

quote:

ORIGINAL: deniseA

I kept getting distracted by the boys team, well not the team, but Kevin.  I kept seeing Matt Lucas, but slimmer and with hair. 

Glad it wasn't just me that spotted this.

Maybe this is what's under that suit.....

< Message edited by star_fire -- 26/3/2008 10:55:04 PM >

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 41
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 11:15:55 PM   
Hobbitonlass

My first thought when I saw him was "my god it's Matt Lucas with hair" 

Did you notice when the guys came into the house, one of them muttered "alright girls, you scrubbed up well"  What a charmer!   

Neither team made even close to something resembling a success of this task.  The both manage to piss off the local traders and seemed completely inept at setting up and sorting out the stall.  It's a well known secret at car boot sales that as soon as you spot a "newbie", don't give them a chance to get themselves sorted on their stall.  Crowd them and confuse them which is exactly what the locals did with the girls and managed to get stupid bargains.

I wanted to punch Raef and Alex.  How many plums can they fit in their mouths? 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to star_fire)
Post #: 42
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 11:29:59 PM   
star_fire

I love the Apprentice, so glad it's back. 

But whilst I was thinking about what the hell Matt Lucas was doing in there, I also wondered if Katie Hopkins had cloned herself and maybe added some DNA from Clare off Eastenders...

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 43
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 26/3/2008 11:36:44 PM   
Sugar Kowalczyk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Priceless stuff. All indept, all complete tossers (with the exception of a few standouts...who stood out because they didn't cock up).

What the hell does that Raef have on his head?! And Raef? RAEF? What a spanner.

I quite liked Alex. Sure he messed up as leader but compared to the other two, he seemed like a winner.

On You're Fired funniest thing tjey showed was Alan Sugar's comment on Raef's CV where it was written that Raef had near death experiences, to which SurAlan said 'Near death experience?!? Where was that - at the hairdressers?'

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 44
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 7:17:36 AM   
clare_star_

quote:

ORIGINAL: star_fire

quote:

ORIGINAL: deniseA

I kept getting distracted by the boys team, well not the team, but Kevin.  I kept seeing Matt Lucas, but slimmer and with hair. 

Glad it wasn't just me that spotted this.

Maybe this is what's under that suit.....

The thing that terrified me was that from the side he looked like David Cameron, sounded a bit like him as well. Honestly, what an idiot. That 'I'm not accusing anyone of being unceducated -I'm just more intelligent than you' speech was never going to impress Sugar!

''Twitter''

(in reply to star_fire)
Post #: 45
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 8:21:56 AM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

Alex & Ethan Hawke seperated at birth

Alex Wotherspoon?

Ethan Hawke?

Okay the picture above is not that good but watch the program again and you'll saee what I mean.

(in reply to clare_star_)
Post #: 46
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 9:25:05 AM   
Timon

I said that to my girlfriend! In fact, I took to refering to Alex as Ethan for most of the show. I think i'll keep it up.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 47
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 9:28:39 AM   
Peter Dragon

I'm sure we'll all agree that Nicholas was doomed the moment we saw him wearing his Saville Row suit and the Ray Bans the morning of the elimination. Oh how I guffawed at the screen.
I was so glad Alan got rid of that man-boy, you could tell the guy has had absolutely no real world experience at all.

And to anybody that criticizes Alex and the "front of stall clique" have you ever tried face to face selling?
You have to be loud and brash, they did well imo.
Sophocles really dropped it, getting haggled down from £120 to £50, call yourself a salesman?
Hang your head in shame.

< Message edited by Peter Dragon -- 27/3/2008 9:29:37 AM >

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 48
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 9:31:19 AM   
Timon

Plus he almost cried when Alex didn't name-check him.

The big baby.

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 49
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 9:35:10 AM   
Marky_Mark

quote:

Captain Soul Patch

Nuff said!!

Great entertainment value last night....absolute TV gold. Loved 'You're Fired' on BBC 2 afterwards as well; they spotted a whole set of howlers that I missed - such as the Dafyd lookalike selling the fish on the quality of their "breasts"

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Did you notice when the guys came into the house, one of them muttered "alright girls, you scrubbed up well"  What a charmer!   

Ah yes I clocked that one too- I can't believe he got away with that! He's about as wide as wideboys get.

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 50
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 11:54:12 AM   
Fluke Skywalker

Can't believe not one of them sought to question lobsters going for a fiver. If they were that cheap you would be getting them in the supermarkets.

To get that pricing wrong cost them a wad of cash. It didn't seem to click when that woman was stuffing a load of them in a bin liner - she couldn't believe her luck.

Sacking the smarmy lawyer was the right move - at least Alex stood up to be counted when the rest of them were shitting it right from the off. Raef comes across a bit of a twat but I don't think he was as bad as Mr 'I've never failed at anything' - well you have now you tosser!!!

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 51
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 11:57:05 AM   
shool

Legendary, what a bunch of muppets.

So glad this show is back. Glad to see that they are all full of humility. NOT!

I thought Alex strategy as a whole was ok he seemed to try and set up the stall correctly and price up. There was just a few fundamental errors that crept in which nobody picked up on.

Those toffs are hilarious, all bad style and no substance.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 52
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 12:02:48 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Can't believe not one of them sought to question lobsters going for a fiver. If they were that cheap you would be getting them in the supermarkets.

If I had been asked to price up a lobster then I wouldn't have had a clue as I don't eat anything remotely associated with the sea  

However I have a vague idea that lobster is considered a delicacy and therefore expensive so someone who moves in the upper class circles should certainly have thought that.  Or any of them actually. 

Be interested to see why one of the girls is crying next week.  Strikes me that she won't last long amongst a gaggle of bitches.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 53
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 12:09:03 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

If I had been asked to price up a lobster then I wouldn't have had a clue as I don't eat anything remotely associated with the sea  

However I have a vague idea that lobster is considered a delicacy and therefore expensive so someone who moves in the upper class circles should certainly have thought that.  Or any of them actually. 

Exactly - it's just basic common sense for people who are supposed to be fairly intelligent

Post #: 54
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 12:18:13 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I can't believe these are brightest people they can find. You would expect a set of decent managers should have been making 30% profit on this at least. Given their talent probably much more. Incredible how inept these contestants are, I think since the first series they have got less and less business capable and more, more flamboyant, arrogant idiots.

How can you honestly have someone like Alex as a Sales manager? Who does he work for?

All that said it's great TV.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 55
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 12:24:35 PM   
Hobbitonlass

According to his profile on the BBC page he is Regional Sales Manager (and didn't he point that out enough times last night REGIONAL!!) for Sainsbury's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidate/id/22/type/contestant.html

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 56
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 12:28:47 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

According to his profile on the BBC page he is Regional Sales Manager (and didn't he point that out enough times last night REGIONAL!!) for Sainsbury's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidate/id/22/type/contestant.html

Alex reckons that he could win The Apprentice because of his tenacity and communication skills, but admits he can sometimes be forgetful. He believes he works with integrity but admits he is angered by freeloaders and loafers. When he's not working he enjoys water sports including knee-boarding, and going to the gym. He's single but has a girlfriend.

I loled

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 57
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 12:30:30 PM   
Diggler

Enjoyable first episode. I was glad Raef didn't get fired. He looks so annoying that he should make good TV viewing in the coming weeks.

"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"

Post #: 58
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 12:44:13 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal
He's single but has a girlfriend.

Yeah, reckon his girlfriend would have been chuffed to have seen that......

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 59
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 1:04:44 PM   
Base

Great stuff, where do they find these losers

At least they are finally learning that you never want to be the manager in the first week, especially of the boys team, you may as well just pack up and go straight home (well, until last night anyway)...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Apprentice 2008 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI