Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 16/4/2009 10:42:30 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim

Yeah, I can do charge moves but I find them really awkward to do in an actual fight - I actively avoid using any characters with charge moves.

It's 2 seconds you need to charge for and personally, although they're not my favourites, I think it's nice to mix it up by using a charge backer every now and again. Basically you're blocking while you charge, plus if you're holding diagonally down and back then you're primed for 2 different moves. You can go forwards and punch for say a sonic boom or up and kick for the flashkick.

They take a while to get used to but it shouoldn't take too long before it clicks into place. Personally I prefer Ken though. I've been using him as my main character for over 15 years so I couldn't really give a rats arse what anyone thinks.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 241
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 16/4/2009 11:09:12 PM   
the anomaly

It's a good idea to get used to playing as every character. Even if you never get good enough to use them in a competitive fight. Simply because if you play as a character it's the best way to learn their strengths and weaknesses. It will make it so much easier to read the game.

It alway's makes sense to mix it up. Every character has their own strengths and weaknesses and the game is well balanced. So be who ever you like but try someone new...you may be pleasantly surprised.

After about 500 online battles I feel I have improved and gotten used to the game. I still need to work my way through the challenge mode though. Some of those combo's feel impossible on my control pad. Or extremely hard to repeat once done.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 16/4/2009 11:10:40 PM >

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 242
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 17/4/2009 4:42:00 PM   
James2183

Championship mode hits the web next week - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a153031/new-mode-coming-to-street-fighter-iv.html

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 243
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 17/4/2009 8:24:09 PM   
Ell

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Championship mode hits the web next week - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a153031/new-mode-coming-to-street-fighter-iv.html

Meh. Bring back knocking the hell out of cars and brick walls and barrels in between fights in Arcade mode

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 244
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 18/4/2009 11:18:58 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Meh. Bring back knocking the hell out of cars and brick walls and barrels in between fights in Arcade mode

While I can't really be disapointed about free DLC...the above would be awesome and a worthy addition to the game.I have been looking forward to the DLC though. The tournament idea is great.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 18/4/2009 11:19:36 AM >

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 245
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 19/4/2009 11:34:37 AM   
the anomaly

Cheers for the games Swoz! I was starting to think we would never get a game in. Though it probaly wasn't the best time to play. I was just about to go to sleep but I saw you on and I thought I would try to ask you for a game again. I actually needed the loo the whole way through...but SF4 is just bloody addictive! 

Oh and if you could not already hear me...I hate you as M.Bison! lol. I did not think much of your first win as I am not that great with Abel. But when you beat me as Ryu...it was on! Still he was the only character of yours I could not crack. It has to be said I have hardly played anyone who uses M.Bison in SF4. Infact I could probaly count them on one hand. So you took me by surprise. I look forward to a rematch.

Post #: 246
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 19/4/2009 11:56:57 AM   
Swoz_MK

Really enjoyed it.
I'd been up for 23 hours and had a head full of booze (excuses, excuses...haha) but it was pretty evenly matched, your throw timing is spot on and you had me swearing at times. Nice use of EX moves too, people seem to forget them.
I've been maining Bison since a week after the game came out, so I guess that's why I'm ok with him. For me he has everything.
I never use my headset, so sorry about that, haha.

Post #: 247
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 19/4/2009 4:09:42 PM   
Sleazy

Well after you beat me twice yesterday Anomoly I ended up on something like a 6 game losing streak. Everyone was using Ken or Akuma and being real cheesy too. I kept losing by a tiny amount. Luckily I managed a couple of wins later on.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 248
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 20/4/2009 1:00:42 AM   
Swoz_MK

You on Xbox Sleazy?

Anyway, US Nationals were last night - http://www.kineda.com/justin-wong-wins-sfiv-national-tournament-and-daigo-wins-international-title/

Wong was being his usual mouthy self, which didn't help him when Daigo made an appearance for an exhibition match and showed the world how to use Ryu.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 249
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 20/4/2009 1:48:15 AM   
SWOTBM

Starting to get the hang of it now, though only with a few characters (Crimson Viper and Abel), but I still cant pull off their ultra/super moves with any consistency.  Is there some sort of secret to doing it right?  I'm using the directional pad on the PS3, are you guys using that or the analogue stick?

Btw that Daigo guy is immense. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 250
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 20/4/2009 8:59:57 AM   
Sleazy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

You on Xbox Sleazy?

Anyway, US Nationals were last night - http://www.kineda.com/justin-wong-wins-sfiv-national-tournament-and-daigo-wins-international-title/

Wong was being his usual mouthy self, which didn't help him when Daigo made an appearance for an exhibition match and showed the world how to use Ryu.

Certainly am, gamertag: Sleazycome if anyone wants an easy win.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 251
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 20/4/2009 12:31:32 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Really enjoyed it.
I'd been up for 23 hours and had a head full of booze (excuses, excuses...haha) but it was pretty evenly matched, your throw timing is spot on and you had me swearing at times. Nice use of EX moves too, people seem to forget them.
I've been maining Bison since a week after the game came out, so I guess that's why I'm ok with him. For me he has everything.
I never use my headset, so sorry about that, haha.

Yarrrrr we had some good games mate. As I say to anyone else on here if I am on SF4 just give me a buzz! I am always up for a few matches. Cheers for the compliments. You are a demon with M.Bison! I'll have to train up against him before I play you again.

Oh and I did find it strange when you invited me to an xbox live party but did not say anything But no worries mate. Sometimes I can not be bothered to use my headset either.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy
Well after you beat me twice yesterday Anomoly I ended up on something like a 6 game losing streak. Everyone was using Ken or Akuma and being real cheesy too. I kept losing by a tiny amount. Luckily I managed a couple of wins later on.

Pratice pratice and practice. That's all there is too it. Are you using Ken as you main character? One tip I would give to you is to lay off that flaming dragon punch. If you miss you go 40ft into the air leaving you open to all sorts of attacks. So try using a lighter punch as you won't go so far into the sky and you may even be able to land without taking a hit. Just mix it up and leave people guessing.

When fighting an Akuma player you want to close the gap right away. You don't want them spamming that air hadoken. As soon as they have their ultra/super meter full...get AWAY...a novice Akuma player will probaly use it as soon as. If your playing a decent Akuma player...just be up for a good ruck.

quote:

Indeed. I have been trying to include my focus attack as a defense and feint with dash but sometimes it can really back fire. I still can't cancel from dragon punch to ultra though. It's just so badass that Daigo just pull's it off whenever he needed to effortlessly.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Starting to get the hang of it now, though only with a few characters (Crimson Viper and Abel), but I still cant pull off their ultra/super moves with any consistency.  Is there some sort of secret to doing it right?  I'm using the directional pad on the PS3, are you guys using that or the analogue stick?

Btw that Daigo guy is immense. 

Most of us are playing on the Xbox 360. I use the stick myself. Regarding the ultra's/super's...just be quick and just practice. Use practice mode. Just get used to the feeling of doing it. It will come.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 20/4/2009 12:35:00 PM >

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 252
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 20/4/2009 1:02:45 PM   
Swoz_MK

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

Indeed. I have been trying to include my focus attack as a defense and feint with dash but sometimes it can really back fire.

A nice easy one is to hit them with medium punch mid-air (it connects twice), you land before them so can hit them with the Ultra as they're coming down from the 2 hits.

Post #: 253
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 20/4/2009 1:09:46 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

Indeed. I have been trying to include my focus attack as a defense and feint with dash but sometimes it can really back fire.

A nice easy one is to hit them with medium punch mid-air (it connects twice), you land before them so can hit them with the Ultra as they're coming down from the 2 hits.

Oh I have utilized that...believe me. Just that fancy canceling is damn tough to pull off. Oooooh the DLC is out this friday!

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 254
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 22/4/2009 3:31:49 AM   
Swoz_MK

Official Euro tourney = entered!

Post #: 255
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 22/4/2009 10:49:18 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

Official Euro tourney = entered!

What? Where?  When? Why? How?

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 256
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 23/4/2009 11:43:29 PM   
Swoz_MK

Update best be ready by the time I finish work!

Post #: 257
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 24/4/2009 2:48:37 AM   
SWOTBM

Starting to get pretty good with C.Viper.  I've managed to combo her EX thunder knuckle with her ultra and I can actually pull it off 9 times out of 10 (but only from the right hand side...). 

But has anyone else done her challenges?  I'm stuck on the burning kick in air on the second level, and I just dont know why the game isnt registering a hit.  I have a similar problem with Zangief and the backward pile driver (I think thats what it is called anyway).  Anyone had these problems or got any tips on what I'm doing wrong. 

Btw, what characters does everyone here use?  I obviously main C.Viper

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 258
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 25/4/2009 1:53:43 AM   
Swoz_MK

Can you post the moves needed to complete the challenge, I'm guessing it's a linking issue but need to see the other moves to offer advice.

I main M. Bison and second Ryu.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 259
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 25/4/2009 3:34:15 AM   
SWOTBM

Its her Challenge on normal, the second level.  The first one is just a burning kick (so facing right its from 6 to 9 o'clock and kick button).  Once that challenge is done (and I can do that one alright), it asks for a burning kick in air (with the same method as for the normal burning kick).  I just cant seem to register a hit even though I am doing the move.  Incidently I have a similar problem with completing the challenge for Ryu and Ken's spinning kick in air. 

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 260
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 25/4/2009 4:18:22 AM   
Swoz_MK

I haven't used Viper since release day, if you can wait until about 08:00hrs when I finish work I'll give it a go and try to put the neccessary actions into words.

I noticed a few posts back that you use the PS3's D-Pad, stick with that rather than the analogue. The placement of it would be too fiddly to use correctly.
I used to use a PS pad with Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and the d-pad was absolutely perfect.

Still having trouble with the Ultras?

< Message edited by Swoz_MK -- 25/4/2009 5:20:33 AM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 261
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 25/4/2009 8:12:33 AM   
Swoz_MK

Ok. Two ways.
1. Stand 2/3 of the screen away from Dan. Forward-jump at him then input the move on the way down from the jump, like super late. It'll connect.

2. Stand real close, jump then instantly put the move's input in. It'll connect.

Check this video for reference - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S_KrKcUEGQ

Should be child's play from there.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 262
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 25/4/2009 3:54:14 PM   
SWOTBM

Thanks for the tips.  In the end I just ended up spamming burning kicks until one finally connected in the air, very noobish I know, but I dont really use the burning kick that much as it is really easy to be countered.  I have stuck with the D-pad, as I find the analogue stick too sensitive and hard to control.  In terms of my ultras, I can only seem to pull them off with any consistency when I am facing left, and even then that is for characters that have relatively simple ultra moves (I still cant consistently do the ultras for Guile/Vega/Zangief/Chun-Li and I find that for these ultra moves it is easier to do it with the analogue stick). 

For C.Viper I can finally combo her ultra with the EX-thunder knuckle (which I am really pleased about and it works really well on multiplayer).  I also find that when playing online as C.Viper one of the best moves is to do a heavy punch thunder knuckle to start off, as the opponent invariably jumps at you and you usually get a first attack bonus and sometimes a counter attack.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 263
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 26/4/2009 3:25:21 AM   
the anomaly

My main characters are Ryu or Ken. Though I have a few I am happy to play with. It depends how good the opposition is. I try to mix it up if I can. I also find some characters work well against others.

I am a bit disappointed with the DLC. You can not just save replays when ever you like. You can only do it if you win a championship. I have to say I have found the championship mode a bit laggy. You'd only notice if you were actually playing. But it fucked up my timing totally. When I went back to trying player or ranked matches I really felt the difference.
Hopefully it will get smoothed out.

Still can't complain too much. It's all free! I just hope they do add smashing up cars/barrels and replays any time you like. Then it would be perfect. Oh and I wish they made the costumes cheaper and in one bundle.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 264
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 26/4/2009 8:16:36 AM   
Swoz_MK

There is so much lag in C mode it's ridiculous.

My two saved replays are AWFUL! haha, I wish I could delete them.

Fei Long has had his loop removed apparently, and, thank God, Zangief's lariat has been nerfed to allow easier low attacks against it. Chun doesn't even get hit if crouching.

Fei Long REALLY didn't need a nerf.

Post #: 265
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 26/4/2009 12:42:47 PM   
Sleazy

I usually use Ken, sometimes Ryu. I use Vega now and again, he used to be my fighter of choice on snes.

When SF2 originally hit the arcades and snes I prefered Guile, I'll have to try him online.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 266
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 26/4/2009 2:29:11 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

There is so much lag in C mode it's ridiculous.

My two saved replays are AWFUL! haha, I wish I could delete them.

Glad it's not just me! But I did not think it was. As I said as soon as I tried a player match or ranked match it was fine. I did manage a few wins despite the lag but I should have won many more. When I finally won a championship my match was pretty rubbish too! I was really feeling the lag and could hardly pull anything off.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 267
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 27/4/2009 11:23:13 AM   
boys_dont_cry

Got utterly schooled by The Anomaly last night.....what as it? 7-0 before I decided to quit???

Id just had such a good run on championship mode as well!!!

Still.....back to practice......

http://flavors.me/gavweir

Post #: 268
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 27/4/2009 6:11:36 PM   
directorscut

If you think the 360 D-pad is bad try playing the Street Fighter II emulated on the DS. 

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to boys_dont_cry)
Post #: 269
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 28/4/2009 10:51:26 AM   
Ell

Slightly off topic, but for those of you that were fans of a little game for the PS2 known as Marvel VS. Capcom 2 may want to check this out...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/27/marvel-confirms-marvel-vs-capcom-2-coming-to-xbla-psn/

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI