Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Thoughts...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Thoughts... Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Thoughts... - 4/3/2009 5:43:24 PM   
rich

Completed it as Seth. Even on easiest mode this game makes me swear quite alot.... especially when ultras get blocked. 

Meanwhile...

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 181
RE: Thoughts... - 5/3/2009 3:43:52 PM   
Mojo

My housemate just got this for the PS3 so no doubt I'll get my arse kicked x10. He always picks Ryu and I always pick Ken... its destiny.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 182
RE: Thoughts... - 5/3/2009 3:50:55 PM   
James2183

Not played it in a few days but I have managed to get all the characters bar Seth. I'm currently working my way through the challenges but the one in which you have to do moves on command is really starting to annoy me. I'm stuck on the one where you have to break a persons block with moves and cannot do a hard kick/fireball combo with Ken, no matter how hard I try. 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 183
RE: Thoughts... - 5/3/2009 10:18:36 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Not played it in a few days but I have managed to get all the characters bar Seth. I'm currently working my way through the challenges but the one in which you have to do moves on command is really starting to annoy me. I'm stuck on the one where you have to break a persons block with moves and cannot do a hard kick/fireball combo with Ken, no matter how hard I try

I tried that last night. Such a pain I agree. It sounds so simple and I can do it but it just does not seem to be fast enough! Also I found it hard to even read some of the commands. Probaly because I am not playing in HD.

Speaking of the combos is anyone decent at canceling yet? For instance doing a dragon punch then canceling it with a focus attack before you leave the ground, dashing forward and then pulling off your ultra combo with Ken... I can pull off the moves ok and am used to using the xbox pad but I find it hard to dash in battle and perfom cancels.

I have had a good time online. I am surprised that it is not full of crazy uber players. I have won 50 out of 71 matches so far. I always try to mix it up as long as the other player does by being different characters just for fun. After all beating people with Dan is just brilliant and so shameful/annoying for the other person. I have only really lost about 6 matches where I was tottaly out classed the others I would have won if I was Ken or someone I am great with but it would be boring being the same person all the time! When I am being competitive I stick with Ken, Sagat & E Honda but I do dabble with Dan, Abel, Sakura & Dhalsim once I am in the lead with wins or clearly better than my opponant.

The most annoying thing is when obviously shit players jump to Akuma, Seth or Gouken. Just because they are Boss characters. They are never good and just rely on using them as they are overpowered. It is great to beat them though. So I am always overjoyed when people pick other characters. Also happy that some people even when I have beaten then 8 times in a row stick around for the fun.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 184
RE: Thoughts... - 12/3/2009 4:45:43 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Jesus fucking wept, Seth has to be the cheapest end boss ever. Unavoidable/unblockable moves should have absolutely no place in fighting games in this day and age but lo and behold Seth and his fucking shitty washing machine Ultra move.

Loving it so far apart from that minor hiccup, although they really need to bring out a decent pad for the game, one with 6 buttons on the face and a decent D-Pad. The current joypad is wank and I'm struggling with my Hori Arcade stick as well at the mo. I'll get better with the stick with some practice no doubt but I would still prefer a decent pad (something like the official Megadrive 6 button pad would be awesome, or even like the Saturn pad).

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 185
RE: Thoughts... - 12/3/2009 5:07:07 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Jesus fucking wept, Seth has to be the cheapest end boss ever. Unavoidable/unblockable moves should have absolutely no place in fighting games in this day and age but lo and behold Seth and his fucking shitty washing machine Ultra move.

Loving it so far apart from that minor hiccup, although they really need to bring out a decent pad for the game, one with 6 buttons on the face and a decent D-Pad. The current joypad is wank and I'm struggling with my Hori Arcade stick as well at the mo. I'll get better with the stick with some practice no doubt but I would still prefer a decent pad (something like the official Megadrive 6 button pad would be awesome, or even like the Saturn pad).

You can block his Ultra. I did not think you could but you can. His throw into the suplex is cheap though! Akuma's Ultra you can not block. That is why everyone seems to use him online. It is a joke. I can even see them struggling to pull it off as they stand on the other side of the screen randomly jumping, kicking or punching. They just rely on pulling it off and if they miss it they have nothing else to use. Easily avoided though as soon as I see them with their ultra full I just hang back and let them pull it off so I can counter them.

I got my 69% win ratio back yesterday. Storming night of 19 ranked match wins in a row! Shocking really. I tried 4 times before on ranked and got close but not one win. But last night nothing could stop me. Out of those 19 about 9 of the fights must have been against an Akuma.  So they were all easy enough wins. Then most of the rest were Ken or Sagat. I have to say I think it was the time of day or somthing too as most of the fight's were push overs. I was even on the phone the whole time. A tip for anyone trying to get 10 online wins in a row I noticed about half way through though I could be wrong but if you choose a match that is a "fight request" then chances are it's just someone out to get that achievement. So they will probaly just pick Akuma and be terrible so it should rack up an easy win for you. Still I am pleased with the win streak I really should have got to 20 too.

I also faced the first person to ever cutt out of a game midway yesterday which was pretty annoying. It was 3-1 to me and I had beaten him with Dan already. We start up a Sagat Vs Abel match and as I am winning he cutts out. I asked him why and he said I was using the same moves! Firstly that's bollocks as I used various characters in our fights. But in the fight he cutt out I just kept him at bay with Sagat. Fireballs when he was afar, Tiger Knee's as he got close and uppercutt when he tried to punch...well that's the basic's but finnaly even if I was just spamming the fireballs only a shit player would get battered by the same move over and over again. Needless to say I was not impressed and invited him to a rematch anytime... the_anomaly...taking SF seriously since 1994 lol.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 186
RE: Thoughts... - 14/3/2009 8:52:41 PM   
Diggler

When I went to pick Resident Evil 5 up yesterday I noticed Streetfighter and was unsure which to get. I went with RE5 in the end but I was thinking I should have picked up Streetfighter. Anyway, I went back today and got it. My initial thoughts are "wow". 

First thing I did when I unwrapped it was play anomaly online for a few versus matches. Let's just say I lost (a lot more) than I won! Since then I've played single player and am finding Ken's special moves quite easy to master. I can pull off fireballs and uppercuts pretty regular as well as the odd special move. I don't think I've managed an ultra yet but I'm sure it's coming.

Once I've got the hang of one character I'll bring my battered and bruised ego back online anomaly. I'm coming for ya!

Edit: Just spotted you online playing streetfighter. Let me get my wraps on......

< Message edited by Diggler -- 14/3/2009 8:57:24 PM >

"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"

Post #: 187
RE: Thoughts... - 14/3/2009 11:24:36 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Diggler
First thing I did when I unwrapped it was play anomaly online for a few versus matches. Let's just say I lost (a lot more) than I won!

Understatement of the year!

quote:

Once I've got the hang of one character I'll bring my battered and bruised ego back online anomaly. I'm coming for ya!

Bring it! I won't go easy on you this time... Nah it's to be expected anyway. You did only just get the game and I've never really stopped playing SF. You did well to win the matches you did lol! I am sure you will get a lot better I could see the improvement throughout our games. Especially with Ken.

To be honest I had a shit day online. I lost 6-2 to someone. Most of the matches were close but they just seemed to be that much better than me. It was damn annoying. I was struggling to pull certain moves off too for some reason. Still I got to 100 online wins and still have a 70% win rate so far so happy enough. Oh and if you couldn't tell I am loving the game.

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 188
RE: Thoughts... - 15/3/2009 12:42:35 PM   
Ell

If I can't round anybody up for L4D before 3ish today, anybody fancy a few rounds on this (360)?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

Post #: 189
RE: Thoughts... - 15/3/2009 12:56:17 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

If I can't round anybody up for L4D before 3ish today, anybody fancy a few rounds on this (360)?

Sure I will be on at around 2ish?

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 190
RE: Thoughts... - 15/3/2009 1:00:23 PM   
Ell

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

*gulp* Looking through this thread alone, your reputation for this game precedes itself! I look forward to learning a thing or two

Post #: 191
RE: Thoughts... - 15/3/2009 1:04:00 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

*gulp* Looking through this thread alone, your reputation for this game precedes itself! I look forward to learning a thing or two

Hahaha I am really not that good honestly! I have met a few monsters online and I am just not in their league. I have my weaknesses for sure...(lulls Ell into a false sense of security lol)...we will just have a few friendly games.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 192
RE: Thoughts... - 15/3/2009 9:54:53 PM   
Ell

Thanks to anomaly for the games earlier today. If there's one thing I learnt from my ultra beatdown from him, it's that I really need to work on my defence

Post #: 193
RE: Thoughts... - 16/3/2009 11:24:30 AM   
the anomaly

See this is kind of stuff I am talking about. It may seem like a normal throw to some. But look at the speed and distance Ken makes up for in the second throw attempt! Ell if you think I am good just to let you know before I played you I got not only defeated online but for the first time ever someone actually got a PERFECT round against me!

It's because of stuff like the above. Annoying thing is all this crazy stuff is always easier to pull off on the arcade stick which I do not have. Still growing up playing this I never even dreamed of some of the inputs people pull off all this talk of poking, piano input, buffering, kara throws etc baffled me. There are some things you have always done that I just never really thought about of course but still some people have analysed the games immensely.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 16/3/2009 11:25:17 AM >

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 194
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 2:13:08 PM   
Sleazy

Got this yesterday, went for Resi5 but saw this for 25 (in a funky cardboard sleeve for some reason). brilliant game, I downloaded SF Alpha on Friday night on PSN and it wetted my SF appetite (got 4 on 360 though).

I have already got "Streetfighter thumb" from too many dragon punches and I agree that the difficulty level on medium is too high and that Seth is a cheap bastard. Havent played online yet. Always thought of myself as good at SF (at least I used to be on SNES or Whitley Bay arcades back in the day) and I'm not ready to have that illusion shattered just yet.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

Post #: 195
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 2:46:56 PM   
directorscut

Abel is incredibly cheap even if he's one of the first opponents.  Anytime you jump at him or do a hurricane kick (even if you hit him!) he just plucks you out of the air and throws you down.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 196
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 5:15:00 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy
I agree that the difficulty level on medium is too high and that Seth is a cheap bastard.

Trust me it is down to how you are playing. Once you get used to the game it will become a breeze. I get through the game on Hardest with no trouble and no continues apart from Seth. Even on medium I have not beaten the game without losing to Seth at least once. Seth is a bastard. I have to say it shocked me to learn he has the lowest health in the game! His Ultra is weak though but every other move is so powerful.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 197
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 6:07:10 PM   
Sleazy

I'm starting to find it easier you are right. I just beat it on medium with Ryu and I think I only used one continue. The problem seemed to be me trying to play it as if its SF2, you have to adjust your style a bit.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

Post #: 198
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 6:28:52 PM   
Diggler

I've finished it on very easy and got to Seth on easy. I can get my way to Seth on both settings without using a continue but when I get to the final battle he destroys me. The thing is when I play Seth in round one I beat him with 3/4 health left but in the 2nd round he seems to go up about 10 levels.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 199
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 6:39:30 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

I've finished it on very easy and got to Seth on easy. I can get my way to Seth on both settings without using a continue but when I get to the final battle he destroys me. The thing is when I play Seth in round one I beat him with 3/4 health left but in the 2nd round he seems to go up about 10 levels.

He does. He really does. You could try setting it to one round to make it easier on yourself. It doesn't help me getting the no continues achievement because it put's a lot of pressure on me to win the round. Even though he get's harder in the second round I can always take him out in the first and hope to take him down in the third.

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 200
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 6:46:30 PM   
Diggler

anomaly, having played you I see you have unlocked every character. I haven't unlocked anyone other than the standard players as yet. I'm not asking for a list of how you unlock the other players but as someone who's played it did you unlock most without knowing or did you 'google' to find out exactly how?

Post #: 201
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 6:52:43 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

anomaly, having played you I see you have unlocked every character. I haven't unlocked anyone other than the standard players as yet. I'm not asking for a list of how you unlock the other players but as someone who's played it did you unlock most without knowing or did you 'google' to find out exactly how?

It's was nothing ground breaking mate. Just the typical "complete the game with every character" will do it. Though there are certain characters who unlock others right away. The only one I looked up was Gouken because it is quite random.

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 202
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 6:58:15 PM   
Diggler

But I've completed it with Ken on very easy and unlocked nobody. Does it have to be at a certain difficulty?

Post #: 203
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 7:06:41 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

But I've completed it with Ken on very easy and unlocked nobody. Does it have to be at a certain difficulty?

No you've misunderstood me. Once you have completed the game with EVERYONE you will have almost all the characters. Meaning you will have to complete the game with other characters and not just Ken and Ryu. The difficulty does not matter.

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 204
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 7:13:02 PM   
Diggler

Aah, I see. I swore I'd never play with Dhalsim again 10 years or so ago since my mate perfected me. I guess I'll have to break that promise

Post #: 205
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 7:14:36 PM   
Diggler

Anomaly, fancy a few bouts before we switch to L4D at 19:30?

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 206
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 7:18:12 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Aah, I see. I swore I'd never play with Dhalsim again 10 years or so ago since my mate perfected me. I guess I'll have to break that promise

EDIT: Yeah go on then I will jump on now.

He is an acquired choice. He feels so s-l-o-w when he jumps on this one. Though his teleport feels easier to do. His ultra ... pretty weak. Needless to say I just turned it down to easy to complete the game using him. I think El Futre is the worst in the game though. I can not get to grips with him at all. Though there is a character for everyone in the game.

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 207
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 7:19:53 PM   
Diggler

2 mins mate.

Post #: 208
RE: Thoughts... - 22/3/2009 7:42:52 PM   
directorscut

quote:

Ken doesn't unlock anyone (except for the ones where you need to win the game with every character).

Ryu, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Crimson Viper, Abel and Sakura are the characters that unlock other characters.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 209
RE: AWESOME SF4 TRAILER!!!!!! - 23/3/2009 12:09:22 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Willie Mayes Hayes

regarding the d-pad problems - I know this is blasphemy (I feel a bit dirty even mentioning it), but has anyone tried playing it with the thumbstick?

The only way of progressing through the harder difficulties is use of the super and ultra combos. The only way of pulling them and this exclude accidently is the use of the D pad. Without them then you WILL HAVE PROBLEMS DEFEATING THE FIRST BOSS ON EASY. However there are two difficulties settings below called very easy and easiest.

I use the stick and I am awesome. It just takes a bit of getting used to. When I first got the game I was always switching between the stick and the d-pad. But now I always use the stick.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Thoughts... Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI