Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 9/6/2011 11:25:13 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

S'ok, downloaded this last night on PSN for 14.99euros.  Few tweaks here and here and some replay channels plus the additional characters, Evil Ryu: EVERYONE uses online sadly.

PLUS the option the flit between the Super and Arcade versions and new icons and titles, not sure im totally wowed by the update though.

wha?

Sounds a bit ... I dunno ... wish they put EVERYTHING on to this ... ALL the DLC GOTY edition basically ... the FINAL SF4.

I don't mind DLC but Capcom just don't seem to understand how to at least trick people into thinking they got a decent deal.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 661
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 10/6/2011 9:41:44 PM   
the anomaly

YEAH ... YEAH ...

I bought it ... on the DL.

... Yeah ...

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 662
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 14/6/2011 8:35:27 AM   
Swoz_MK

So sick of playing against Onis online it's unreal

Post #: 663
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 15/6/2011 3:28:37 PM   
Swoz_MK

There's a whole bunch of SF x Tekken footage available now since E3. It's still early days but it seems to revolve around lp-mp-hp-hp (which launches/tags in partner), repeat.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 664
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 19/6/2011 12:55:23 PM   
kata

Be picking third strike online up on xbla.  Been playing it a little bit on ggpo in prep so i dont get smashed on day 1.  

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 665
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 19/6/2011 4:14:41 PM   
Ell

Is it just me or is Fei Long unstoppable since the AE update?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

Post #: 666
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 20/6/2011 10:24:31 AM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Try playing against a constant slew of Evil Ryus!

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 667
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 20/6/2011 10:25:17 AM   
jinks

quote:

Try playing against a constant slew of Evil Ryus online on PS3 

< Message edited by jinks -- 20/6/2011 10:26:41 AM >

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 668
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 20/6/2011 12:08:02 PM   
Swoz_MK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

Is it just me or is Fei Long unstoppable since the AE update?

He and the twins are top tier now.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 669
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 20/6/2011 6:21:38 PM   
kata

What sticks/pads are you guys using?

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 670
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 21/6/2011 8:50:33 AM   
Swoz_MK

Madcatz SE that I'm modding with Sanwa and Seimitsu soon

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 671
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 28/6/2011 4:31:30 PM   
Swoz_MK

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/28/800-damage-yun-combo-ssf4-arcade-edition-desk/#comments

Jesus Christ...

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 672
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 5/7/2011 1:48:23 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

What sticks/pads are you guys using?

Standard Xbox 360 pad

I picked up Capcom Fighting Jam randomly. I've not heard great things ... but hopefully it will be a laugh to play with friends.

Been so busy but I'm hoping to get back to SSF4A & MvsC3.

Will pick up Third Strike on release probably too ... I foresee a 1200 points price tag.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 673
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 5/7/2011 2:53:00 PM   
Swoz_MK

Can't wait for 3S, the features are insane. Upload local/xbl live matches directly to youtube? Yes please.

Post #: 674
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 18/7/2011 10:09:24 AM   
Ell

After watching the following video, it's given me hope when going against players using Sagat online.

http://youtu.be/WqA-pUh_N14

Beautiful

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 675
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 18/7/2011 12:10:12 PM   
jinks

CLICKY

Not too sure what to make of this, i'll probably end up buying  it anyways.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 676
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 18/7/2011 1:00:10 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah I read about that. Pisses me off tbh because they seem to do a lot of that with Resi 5, Street Fighter 4 etc. Makes me think it'd be better holding off buyin the games in future. At the same time there were some odd character choices with MVC3 so it will be great to see the likes of Psylocke and hopefully Stryder make a return and then it will be a no brainer with me picking it up.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 677
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 18/7/2011 1:17:05 PM   
jinks

Capcom are often doing this with their beat-em ups (streetfighter being the main offender) - but  s'definate no brainer for me to get (love the series), obviously will have to trade in the orginal.

Curious as to who the extra fighters would be; files on the current disc apparently  allude to Frank West and Dr Octopus as being in the original, but Strider would be a cool addition too as i enjoyed playing as him in MvC2 - like to see another Darkstalkers character in there (one that hasnt been used before in a cross-over, say John Talbain perhaps?) and perhaps Nemesis from Resident Evil 3. Marvel wise maybe Daredevil and Psylocke.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 678
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 20/7/2011 5:11:08 PM   
Swoz_MK

Can't say I'm surprised, but can't say I'm very happy.

quote:

Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, and Marvel Entertainment today announced that Ultimate Marvel® vs. Capcom® 3 is in development for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will take the epic battle to all new heights with new iconic characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, a refined fighting system, eight new stages and new modes when it releases this November for the low MSRP of $39.99.
The highly acclaimed fighting game adds 12 new legends to the robust Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster, bringing the total overall roster of characters up to 50. The first new characters revealed for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 include much-requested Capcom character Strider who slashes his way into the fray along with Ghost ‘n Goblins™ villain Firebrand. On the Marvel side, Ghost Rider will finally exercise his vengeance and Hawkeye will pick apart foes. More characters will be revealed in the coming months.
In addition to characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 features a host of enhancements and new features to improve the game’s balance and online functionality. One of the biggest additions to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is the fan-requested Spectator Mode, which allows fighters to watch live online matches together. With multiple improvements and 12 new characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings home the ultimate fighting experience for newcomers and pros alike.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 679
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 20/7/2011 5:22:21 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Im glad Strider is in the game but if they don't include Psylocke I'll be so annoyed.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 680
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 20/7/2011 11:00:14 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Im glad Strider is in the game but if they don't include Psylocke I'll be so annoyed.

They haven't

Everyones been leaked!

SPOILERS! for Ultimate MvsC3 Characters

Pictures here: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1182876p1.html

Capcom:
Firebrand
Strider Hiryu
Phoenix Wright
Vergil
Nemesis
Frank West

Marvel:
Hawkeye
Ghost Rider
Dr Strange
Iron Fist
Rocket Raccoon
Nova

quote:

Can't say I'm surprised, but can't say I'm very happy.

Glad I'm not the only one. I mean I could see it comming the future but damn .... it's been out 4 months?! and I've barely touched it.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 20/7/2011 11:01:26 PM >

Post #: 681
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 21/7/2011 10:06:39 AM   
Swoz_MK

The game wasn't even finished upon release which really bugs me. It was patched almost daily for a few weeks, the "DLC EXCLUSIVE!!!!" characters were half-finished chars that were already on the disc and now this.
WELL happy with the choice of new characters though, Firebrand looks incredible, like an even more mobile Wolverine.

Post #: 682
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 21/7/2011 10:28:50 AM   
The REAL Bozz

I hated that leaked roster and then I had a gander at the gameplay vids over at www.fightersgeneration.com and they look brilliant. (OT:Some pretty cool looking Soul Calibur 5 character reveals there also). I'm still annoyed they left Psylocke out. A fighting game and they don't include the telekentic ninja gal? Madness!!

Hawkeye, Fireband and co all look great though.

Where Jill and Shuma really half finished characters that were already on the disc??? Surely you could have just unlocked them without DLC if that was the case?

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 683
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 21/7/2011 2:51:19 PM   
Swoz_MK

The DLC made them available for selection and patched what was missing from their code.

There's still characters to be revealsed for UMVC3, I'd put good money on Psyloche being announced.
The fans wanted Frank and Phoenix W, they got them.

Post #: 684
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 21/7/2011 2:55:49 PM   
Swoz_MK

Oh and if anyone still plays AE, I'm always up for a few matches. XBL = Swoz138
Putting a lot of work in with Cody at the minute.

< Message edited by Swoz_MK -- 21/7/2011 2:56:31 PM >

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 685
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 24/7/2011 9:59:27 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

The game wasn't even finished upon release which really bugs me. It was patched almost daily for a few weeks, the "DLC EXCLUSIVE!!!!" characters were half-finished chars that were already on the disc and now this.

Indeed. As I said I expected something to happen in the future but it's been handled poorly. Capcom really are the worst when it comes to DLC etc ... just don't make the customer feel like they are getting ripped off! The Street Fighter 4 series played it's cards much better in comparison. I was happy enough to buy Super and picked up Arcade when I was ready.

quote:

WELL happy with the choice of new characters though, Firebrand looks incredible, like an even more mobile Wolverine.

Capcoms side looks much better than Marvels. What's up with that random raccoon? I guess Dr Strange will be awesome and Ghost Rider looks interesting. I don't know anything about Iron fist. The bow and arrow dude ermm similar to Taskmaster but I guess they wanted to add more Avengers in there ... so again why the raccoon? I thought they'd do ant man or something. He would have suited the game to a tee with his abilities to change size and his wife could have been an assist too.

Ibuki is relentless on AE!

Granted I've not played for an age but I had some games with a mate the other day.

His mains are Ryu, Ken & Ibuki. The latter I used to be able to deal with well enough and he's one of the best players I know but ... overall I'm better.

Played AE with him and damn Ibuki's combo's just hammered me. She's so fast I had to put so much effort into fighting her. Honestly as Dudley there wasn't much I could do to break through her combo. EX Upper hit but you had to have perfect timing, Standard Upper hit but we always traded blows and I could bring out my second ultra when I had it. That may seem like a few options but considering the combo go thrown at me constantly I didn't always have EX or Ultra so either had to block and try and throw at the end or yeah ... she's fast.

I'm not saying I could never win after a few defeats I clawed it back to being on an equal par. But it was much more effort than Super. Yes we even tested it we went back and tried Super and he never got a look in ... once.

Anyone got a widely agreed list of the character tiers for AE and Super to compare? I read an article earlier and Ono noted Super was made to be balanced where as Arcade Edition was meant to have a few power houses and was rebalanced based on who the community wanted to be more powerful etc? I dunno.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 24/7/2011 10:07:03 AM >

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 686
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 25/7/2011 9:22:31 AM   
Swoz_MK

Super SFIV - May 2010

S  Rufus, Akuma
A+  Abel, Dictator, Ryu,  Chun Li, Boxer, E. Honda
A   Zangief, Ibuki, Sagat, Guile, Blanka 
B+  Cammy, T. Hawk, Juri, El Fuerte, Dhalsim, Ken, C. Viper
B  Seth, Fei Long, DeeJay, Cody, Dudley, Adon, Gouken, Rose
C+  Gen, Claw, Guy, Hakan
C  Makoto, Sakura, Dan

AE - July 2011

Yun, Yang, Fei Long
A+  C. Viper, Sagat, Ken, Akuma, Makoto, Cammy
Zangief, Chun-Li, M. Bison (Dictator), Cody, Sakura, Balrog (Boxer), Adon
B+  Rufus, Juri, Abel, Rose, Guy, Ryu, Vega (Claw), Dee Jay, Seth
B  E. Honda, Guile, Ibuki, Evil Ryu, Blanka, Dudley, Dhalsim, Gen, Dan, Gouken, El Fuerte
Hakan, T. Hawk

< Message edited by Swoz_MK -- 25/7/2011 11:03:24 AM >

Post #: 687
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 25/7/2011 11:41:07 PM   
the anomaly

Cheers for that!

Surprised about how Ibuki is being ranked in Super compared to Arcade. From the way my mate plays he swears she is more powerful in Arcade. He's had an even better run online than Super & as I said I could feel the difference playing him.

Though looking at some of the listings on the tiers I guess they are made up by top players who can/have maxed out all of the characters abilities and rated everything. The average player may not get to grips with all that. Fact is I've not fully fleshed out Dudley & he's not fleshed out Ibuki. So I'm probably making something hard on myself with Dudley in my playing style where as his Ibuki has tapped onto probably her best skills.

quote:

Super SFIV - May 2010

S  Rufus, Akuma
A+  Abel, Dictator, Ryu,  Chun Li, Boxer, E. Honda
A   Zangief, Ibuki, Sagat, Guile, Blanka 
B+  Cammy, T. Hawk, Juri, El Fuerte, Dhalsim, Ken, C. Viper
B  Seth, Fei Long, DeeJay, Cody, Dudley, Adon, Gouken, Rose
C+  Gen, Claw, Guy, Hakan
C  Makoto, Sakura, Dan

This super listing is familiar to me. I'd agree with a lot of those listings even just based off of how tough I've found people to use those characters online etc.
Surprises there ... in my experience I'd say Rufus is awesome but I wouldn't have made him S tier. Akuma ... no way S tier.
A+ seems about right ... apart from Ibuki.
B+ seems about right though not sure on C.Viper being so high
B seems about right though I'd have put Adon lower and Gouken higher.
C+ Guy I'd put higher for sure and Hakan lower
C I'd put Sakura higher

quote:

AE - July 2011

Yun, Yang, Fei Long
A+  C. Viper, Sagat, Ken, Akuma, Makoto, Cammy
Zangief, Chun-Li, M. Bison (Dictator), Cody, Sakura, Balrog (Boxer), Adon
B+  Rufus, Juri, Abel, Rose, Guy, Ryu, Vega (Claw), Dee Jay, Seth
B  E. Honda, Guile, Ibuki, Evil Ryu, Blanka, Dudley, Dhalsim, Gen, Dan, Gouken, El Fuerte
Hakan, T. Hawk

I've not experienced this yet to be honest. Not really played it at all.

Though from what I played with my mate I'd swap Cammy with Ibuki. It didn't feel like Ibuki had been taken down a peg or two to Dudleys level.

Yeah as I said this is all relative and it depends on who your playing and what you can each do. I've used Dan to great affect many a time.You just work the pros and cons ... work the angles etc.

Bah I'd like to play this ...

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 688
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 26/7/2011 9:16:27 AM   
Swoz_MK

Hmm, I wouldn't pay much attention to the AE tierlist, I can't even see Oni in there!

Post #: 689
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 26/7/2011 9:42:28 AM   
Swoz_MK

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Yeah as I said this is all relative and it depends on who your playing and what you can each do. I've used Dan to great affect many a time.You just work the pros and cons ... work the angles etc.

This. Seth is considered mid-to-low tier yet watch any Poongko match from the last few months and you'd think he was S+++++.
Plus, I'd put money on a Daigo (Yun) Vs Poongko (Seth) grand final at Evo this year with Poongko taking it. I've never seen anyone make a character look so damn impressive.

Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI