Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: !!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: !! Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: !! - 8/12/2010 1:29:34 PM   
From_Hell

I really want to put some more time into this game, but I can't get to grips with the standard Xbox 360 control pad..... Is it worth perservering with the 360 control pad, or are the Mad Catz Fight Pads worth a look?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 601
RE: !! - 8/12/2010 9:02:53 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

I really want to put some more time into this game, but I can't get to grips with the standard Xbox 360 control pad..... Is it worth perservering with the 360 control pad, or are the Mad Catz Fight Pads worth a look?

I happily use the Xbox 360 standard pad. I got used to it and I find it the easiest to use. I use the stick instead of the D-Pad.

I've got a fight pad. They are decent if your used to using a D-Pad. Annoying that they are wired on the 360 ... but they look nice.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 602
RE: !! - 9/12/2010 8:54:08 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

I happily use the Xbox 360 standard pad. I got used to it and I find it the easiest to use. I use the stick instead of the D-Pad.

I've got a fight pad. They are decent if your used to using a D-Pad. Annoying that they are wired on the 360 ... but they look nice.

Thanks Mr. Anomaly, I'll perservere with the Xbox 360 control pad for now, and if I'm having no luck after Christmas maybe I'll pick up a Mad Catz pad. Going back to the old SNES days, I prefer the D-Pad configuration and I find that there seems to be too much 'travel' with the sticks. I guess I just need to put more time into the game!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

Post #: 603
RE: !! - 9/12/2010 11:22:50 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks Mr. Anomaly, I'll perservere with the Xbox 360 control pad for now, and if I'm having no luck after Christmas maybe I'll pick up a Mad Catz pad. Going back to the old SNES days, I prefer the D-Pad configuration and I find that there seems to be too much 'travel' with the sticks. I guess I just need to put more time into the game!

Gotta do what's right for you! If your down with the D-Pad then I'd say go for the fight pad. HMV  were doing a two for ...ermmmm 30 deal or something like that. They've had that going for awhile.

I've tried them all and I'm best with the stick. Though I can use the others. My skills probaly go like this. 360 pad >> Mad Catz >>>> Arcade stick. I'm much better using the stick than I used to be ... but I've never put the time in and I'm just not used to it.

MORE MvsC3 characters:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1139361p1.html

C.Viper is an interesting choice. I'll be honest she is one of my least favourite SF4 characters to play as. Though I like the character design etc.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 9/12/2010 11:23:03 PM >

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 604
RE: !! - 22/12/2010 3:15:16 PM   
Swoz_MK

Yun appears to be everyone's AE character of choice, and it's easy to see why in match videos. He really does look excellent to use.

Post #: 605
RE: !! - 22/12/2010 4:18:25 PM   
directorscut

MvC2 hurts my hands.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 606
RE: !! - 24/12/2010 3:37:40 PM   
Ell

MvC3 'special December' trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTzzCfBXwLo&feature=recentlik

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 607
RE: !! - 25/12/2010 2:16:15 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

Honestly ... for the first half of next year ... it's the only game I'll be picking up. Looks mint.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 608
RE: !! - 4/1/2011 4:49:14 PM   
Gojira!

Hi there, newbie/lurker here. Any of you guys still playing this?

I picked it up for the 360 today along with two of the MadCatz fightpadz. HMV are doing the pads on a 2 for 30 deal which seemed pretty worth it to me. I'd held out for ages on buying this due to the naff official 360 controller.

Regards,
G!

< Message edited by Gojira! -- 4/1/2011 5:10:09 PM >

Latest Cinema Outings:
Somewhere:
Tron Legacy:
Inception:

Post #: 609
RE: !! - 5/1/2011 12:11:58 PM   
Swoz_MK

Hey man. If all goes to plan I'll have my new Xbox in a month and I'm always up for some games. Add Swoz138 (unless I lose my gamertag in the HD transfer process...)

(in reply to Gojira!)
Post #: 610
RE: !! - 6/1/2011 4:22:23 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

quote:

Honestly ... for the first half of next year ... it's the only game I'll be picking up. Looks mint.

I never got that into MvC2, but I don't think I'll be able to resist buying this. Too mental.

All things digested have a similar hue.

Post #: 611
RE: !! - 17/1/2011 9:22:47 AM   
Swoz_MK

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/17/akuma-and-taskmaster-revealed-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 612
RE: !! - 24/1/2011 3:58:55 PM   
Swoz_MK

Evil Ryu and Oni (suped-up Akuma, not Shin Akuma) have been unlocked in US arcade editions of Super.
Before schedule too, Capcom aren't happy.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 613
RE: !! - 25/1/2011 4:05:42 PM   
Ell

Pretty insightful interview with the producer of MvC 3:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-25-mvc3-netcode-balance-and-rejects-interview

Oh, and I read a couple days ago that Frank West has apparently been cut from the roster.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 614
RE: !! - 25/1/2011 8:37:14 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Pretty insightful interview with the producer of MvC 3:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-25-mvc3-netcode-balance-and-rejects-interview

Oh, and I read a couple days ago that Frank West has apparently been cut from the roster.

NOOOOOOOOOoooooo!

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 615
RE: !! - 28/1/2011 7:03:06 AM   
Swoz_MK

Yeah Frank's been cut for a while.
Sentinel and Hsien-Ko (YES!) were revealed yesterday.
Early days yet (not even getting my new Xbox til monday...) but Dante, Iron Man, Hsien-Ko looks like the team for me.

Post #: 616
RE: !! - 30/1/2011 10:57:48 PM   
the anomaly

I've still not seen any news regarding a special edition over here. I've just pre-ordered my copy from Shop to for 32.99 with the comic. I've bough myself some MS points too as well I'm not going to lie ... I'll be picking up any DLC a.s.a.p. I don't want to be missing out.

Back to SSF4. Wow, I'm so out of practice on this game. Started playing again with some mates and it's been fun. But I don't have the time to train up like I used to. Though there's no real need as there's only one new challenger that's quite ... a emm challenge. The annoying thing is it just shows how little I got to play SSF4 compared to SF4 etc. I've been using a few characters and realised I've not touched on them. Just not had the chance. Sigh.

Any news on the SSF4AE? Will it be DLC? Fingers crossed it won't be ... I don't need another set of characters who I won't be able to play with ...

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 617
RE: !! - 31/1/2011 7:34:58 AM   
Swoz_MK

Got my new Xbox yesterday. My God it feels good to be back!
Pre-ordering MvC3 from HMV for the lovely t-shirt and 5 voucher.

Yeah AE is looking more and more like it's coming to consoles by the week.
There was even a rumoured release date that was announced on a Chinatown Fair stream that I've also seen elsewhere (I think it was early/mid June).
The leaked shots of new achievment icons featuring Evil Ryu and Oni pretty much sealed the deal.
I'll definetly pick it up (despite the ridiculous changes to Cammy, who I'm sticking with) but I forsee MvC3 taking up the vast majority of my play-time for a long time.

Post #: 618
RE: !! - 2/2/2011 11:20:37 AM   
Swoz_MK

Started with Rose last night and I'm getting on really well with her.
Seems like as she's so underused online people are quite wary of how to react against her. Which is daft as she's not got many tools (other than U2) that make her a real threat.
And it seems U2 has been nerfed in AE....

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 619
RE: !! - 8/2/2011 2:32:58 PM   
Swoz_MK

NAT settings are ruining my life, that's what the issue was the other day Mr Anomaly :(

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 620
RE: !! - 9/2/2011 11:05:41 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Got my new Xbox yesterday. My God it feels good to be back!
Pre-ordering MvC3 from HMV for the lovely t-shirt and 5 voucher.

Yeah AE is looking more and more like it's coming to consoles by the week.
There was even a rumoured release date that was announced on a Chinatown Fair stream that I've also seen elsewhere (I think it was early/mid June).
The leaked shots of new achievment icons featuring Evil Ryu and Oni pretty much sealed the deal.
I'll definetly pick it up (despite the ridiculous changes to Cammy, who I'm sticking with) but I forsee MvC3 taking up the vast majority of my play-time for a long time.

Indeed. Not sure I'd rush out to get DLC for SSF4. But I'll see how I feel when the time comes I guess.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

NAT settings are ruining my life, that's what the issue was the other day Mr Anomaly :(

Ahh right. That can be a pain. I have that problem too, with this BT home hub. I have to reset everything before I try playing and that usually sorts it.

Played Marvel Vs Capcom 3 today! It can't be released soon enough. The new button layout felt quite odd at first. I was expecting to just jump right into it. But I'm gradually getting the hang of it. The air combos ... well I'm still not any good at them, but it's easier to launch now as A is a launch attack.

Visually the game is a treat ... that makes your eyes water. So many colours on screen ... yet it works and everything is well polished. Loving the roster of characters. We only played VS for a bit and seemed to unlock Akuma and then the Sentinel. Even if they are quite easy to unlock I do like earning new characters in beat em ups.

Got my copy pre-ordered and hoping it comes early!

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 9/2/2011 11:06:22 PM >

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 621
RE: !! - 16/2/2011 10:17:10 AM   
Chief

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/marvelvscapcom3/review.html

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 622
RE: !! - 16/2/2011 11:34:46 AM   
Ell

Back later, maybe...

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 623
RE: !! - 16/2/2011 11:58:51 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Back later, maybe...

My copy came today too. Although I didn't get much time on it ... glad I played it last week.

Question: Does your copy of the comic have an error? 
Look at Iron man and Captain America. On mine they seem to have to images layed on top of one another. Iron Man has a face on top of a face as does Captain Amercia (though not as bad). Just wondered if they are all like that.

Gutted we don't get the special edition over here.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 624
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 17/2/2011 11:54:07 PM   
the anomaly

Postives
  • Looks awesome.
  • The colors burn your eyes.
  • All the characters you know and love from marvel & capcom.
  • You know it will be a polished 2D fighter experience.

Claws out ....

Negatives
  • No replay mode ... local or online.
  • No survival or time trial mode.
  • No story mode ... well there's arcade but there's no story there.
  • Starting to look like this will live off DLC ... extra characters & modes.
  • The comic has an error on the front cover (confirmed now as I've seen a few copies).
  • When choosing each characters assist it does not explain fully what it does. The old game used to explain if it was an air attack or a capture etc. This kind of does but it's not clear enough.
  • In mission mode it doesnt allow you to display the inputs and instead shows the stupid move names which mean nothing to you when first playing.
Most of the features are the same ones that are missing from SSF4 ... honestly I don't get it. I'm not a fan but EA wouldn't release the latest fight night without pretty much all the modes the last ones had ... Capcom need to get with the times. Your meant to keep adding to the experience not chipping away and charging for every little thing. I can actually forgive DLC I actually even quite like it when it's great content ... but RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! ... RANT OVER.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 20/2/2011 12:10:32 PM >

Post #: 625
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 20/2/2011 12:38:07 PM   
simonmckergan1

While the lack of different game modes may hurt this game long term, after playing it last night, I have to say I am really enjoying this so far.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

Post #: 626
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 20/2/2011 5:52:59 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: simonmckergan1

While the lack of different game modes may hurt this game long term, after playing it last night, I have to say I am really enjoying this so far.

The actual gameplay is fine. I'd expect nothing less. But it's seriously lacking the additions I mentioned above.

Oh and look what's this ... DLC ... featuring another game mode and some more character colors and costumes.

Oh and then there's DLC with two characters ...

It just reinforces my fear ... this is going to live off of DLC which is just sad. I'd have no problem with DLC if the full package had lot's of the features with the DLC being icing on the cake. But it's annoying having these tiny additions that should have been in the game. DLC can be great if used properly but Capcom don't have a grip on that.

Back to the game well I've just been working through the missions. Getting to grips with how it plays and just learning. Not gone online. That's not happening for awhile. Playing the PS3 version at work and that should provided the much needed friendly competition and training against real people ... without the fear of lag and rage quiting.

I've had a lot of fun so far. I think I'm looking at using Trish, Phoenix and Storm at the moment. I used Ryu, Akuma & Chun Li and I combo well with them but they lack the reach of people like Dante & Taskmaster with their long swords. I quite like the last two mentioned but not used them much. Well I can tell you who I don't think I'll be using ... M.O.D.O.K still I'm glad he's in the game but he's tough to use. Hard starting though as it's without doubt one of those games were beginners can get away with button mashing. But I'm getting there with basic combos & air combos being quite polished.

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 627
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 21/2/2011 1:37:40 PM   
Swoz_MK

What a game. Dr Doom, Dante and Zero are working wonderfully for me at the minute.
Taking to the combo/air combo system much quicker than I thought I would.
Overall a really fun game.

BUT.

In Ranked XBL matches you can't see your opponent's connection strength!!! EVERY Ranked match I've had has been crazily laggy, obviously I wouldn't have played that person if I could have seen how poor their connection was. A massive flaw for me and certainly will not be playing Ranked matches again until this is patched.

Post #: 628
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 21/2/2011 1:45:55 PM   
jinks

quote:

Oh and then there's DLC with two characters ...

It just reinforces my fear ... this is going to live off of DLC which is just sad. I'd have no problem with DLC if the full package had lot's of the features with the DLC being icing on the cake. But it's annoying having these tiny additions that should have been in the game. DLC can be great if used properly but Capcom don't have a grip on that.

Didnt our US cousins, in their special editions, get Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath (never used him/it in MvC2) as a coupla DLC characters with it? Typical Europe, being left out as usual.

So dudes, who'd you all like to see as downloadable characters?

Post #: 629
RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 21/2/2011 2:33:47 PM   
Swoz_MK

Red Arremer, Phoenix Wright and Frank West for Capcom.
Luke Cage, Blade and Jubilee for Marvel.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: !! Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI