Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 20/8/2010 9:59:28 PM   
Swoz_MK

Oh, and Marvel vs Capcom 3 is incredible and such fun to play.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 571
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 5/9/2010 10:19:06 PM   
the anomaly

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1118295p1.html

Looks like the twins from SF3 are confirmed as new characters ...

Honestly I'm not happy about DLC. Super Street Fighter 4 was meant to be the full final version of 4. If this wasn't going to be the case then I would have waited for them to make it so. I don't think anyone was desperate for sequel so soon after 4. Boo.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 572
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 6/9/2010 2:50:12 PM   
Ell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

The inspiration I get just from looking at this is scary.

I know what I'm having canvassed up on my wall

[/geek]

< Message edited by Ell -- 6/9/2010 2:51:06 PM >

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 573
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 8/9/2010 11:19:04 PM   
the anomaly

Ell, do you have a 360 copy? I'd be up for some matches. Been awhile since I've played. Well till recently I dusted it off. I'd like to get a few more games in again.

Swoz ... how was the supervsbattle? I thought we'd get a play by play of events.

Been watching a few MvsC3 videos ... it's looking awesome. Just looks so fun to play.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 574
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 9/9/2010 11:51:30 PM   
Ell

'Fraid not mate. I parted ways with the 360 a while back now *awaits angry mob*. Shame, because it's the little things such as playing you on the fly now and then (and getting beat HARD) that I valued more than any of the exclusives that I rarely played. But I can do this on the PS3 as well as the added benefit of really enjoying the exclusives

In the end, I came around and since sticking to my guns have enjoyed gaming as a whole more often than not. Don't feel obligated to play a console just because it's there, if that makes sense?

Back to the point though. Whether it's Street Fighter, MvC, Tekken, or bloody Bushido Blade, I'm not fussed. Anytime you wanna piece of the action and mess with the darkside, you know where to find me...

ejayem is my ID on PS3. Please, don't be shy. It gets lonely on the other side.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 575
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 10/9/2010 10:47:13 PM   
Fletcher

I found this on youtube before (don't ask). Thank God they didn't continue down this route!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV6TfJ3rvRI

'Oh come on! Everybody knows this man tried to stab me through the neck, and you MISSED!....... butter fingers!'

The Bunk is strictly a suit and tie motherfucker

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 576
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 10/9/2010 10:55:02 PM   
kata

Used to play that on PS1  

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 577
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 13/9/2010 9:36:43 AM   
Ell

I (along with my nephew) threw myself in the deep end yesterday, and went to a local event. I apologise now for how amateur it all comes across thanks to my exceptional ability to capture the moment.

http://ejayem.tumblr.com

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 578
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 24/9/2010 8:24:35 AM   
Ell

Yun and Yang added to the roster, for the arcade edition 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YkmekrwbIg

Also, a shedload of alternate costume DLC is to be released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOM-RAVjN40

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 579
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 24/9/2010 10:47:38 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

Yun and Yang added to the roster, for the arcade edition 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YkmekrwbIg

Also, a shedload of alternate costume DLC is to be released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOM-RAVjN40

Yun and Yang look great ... but as I mentioned earlier I'm miffed they exist ... as let's all say it together now "super street fighter 4 was meant to be the full and final street fighter 4 experience" ... BUT apparently they had always planned for an arcade exclusive. Part of me hopes they stay there ....

The costumes look AWESOME ... some better than others as always. Cammy's catsuit is pure win! Shame I won't be picking them up as the pricing takes the mick to be honest. If they ever have the full pack or something on sale and I've got money burning in my pocket then i'll consider ... they are great.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 580
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 26/9/2010 6:10:49 AM   
Sotto Voce

Ah, so I still don't have the whole game. I guess they'll be downloadable for console at some point.
I would have liked R. Mika and Oro.

All things digested have a similar hue.

Post #: 581
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 26/9/2010 10:10:42 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Ah, so I still don't have the whole game. I guess they'll be downloadable for console at some point.
I would have liked R. Mika and Oro.

Apparently the arcade was always meant to have exculsives. So it could stay that way. But who knows ...

I played at the arcade the other day. Put my pound in and the dude right away challenged me. I've not been using my arcade stick ... so I wanted to practice for a bit first. Alas he started the game. Then to my dismay I realised it was SF4 and not Super. So no Dudley for me. Well I started and got trounced the first round. The next round I actually put up a good fight but lost. The next two fights were extremely close. But I just couldn't pull off my Super on the stick. I got countless set up's with Ryu but didn't hit them home.

Still ... I payed 3 just to lose. No wonder the arcade is dying. On pad I would have kicked the guys ass no question. He was good and fairs fair he won. I do want to get as good as I am on the pad on the stick. I want to hold up the arcade one day ... I'll probaly do that and some one with Yun will come on who I have no idea how to play against and they will kick my ass.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 582
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 1/10/2010 9:32:00 PM   
Swoz_MK

Cammy's fucking TKCS has been removed in Super AE, annoying isn't the word.

Post #: 583
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 8/10/2010 12:22:50 PM   
Swoz_MK

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 584
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 8/10/2010 5:40:56 PM   
SWOTBM

Went into HMV today in Oxford St and they had a SSF4 set-up with a tiny TV and a couple of small Hori arcade sticks.  There was a group of about 4/5 guys playing and they were all really cool, we werent really all that good, but it was fun so who cares.  I got a few wins with my basic Chun, but got beat by a pretty good 'Gief.  I've never been to a tournament before so it felt really weird playing in front of complete strangers .  I know it's not an arcade, but HMV should really have a few more SF set-ups compared to their crappy FIFA 15, or whatever number EA is at now, as they werent nearly as popular as SF. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 585
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 9/10/2010 1:49:53 PM   
Swoz_MK

Arthur has all the attacks and specials he had in the original Ghost 'n Goblins games.
Spider-man is the first character they're showing who will have alternate costumes. Iron Spider, Symbiote Spidey, and the new Spider-Man costume from the upcoming "Big Time" comics.
The plot of the game is that Doctor Doom, with the help of Wesker, has assembled a team of villains together that could destroy both Capcom and Marvel's worlds. As such, it's a "Battle that will decide the fate of two worlds." i.e. Fate of Two Worlds.
The lead battle designer for MvC3 is the same person from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
There could be a Marvel Super Heroes 2 if there was enough requests for one, but currently there are no plans. This is a pretty standard answer that Capcom gives, though.
New game modes will be announced once more characters are revealed.
Marvel will officially announce two new characters on their side at the Comic-Con panel tomorrow (Saturday) at 10:45 a.m. EST tomorrow. This is likely Magento and M.O.D.O.K who were accidentally leaked.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 586
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 10/10/2010 12:23:41 PM   
the anomaly

MvsC3 ... simply looks more awesome each time I see it. I'll be picking it up on release for sure. 

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 587
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 11/10/2010 1:34:50 PM   
Swoz_MK

Console editions of SSFIV will NOT be getting Arcade Edition's balance changes and new characters. That's from capcom top brass too.
So, the new batch of costumes seems to be the last update for home players.

Post #: 588
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 11/10/2010 11:56:18 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Console editions of SSFIV will NOT be getting Arcade Edition's balance changes and new characters. That's from capcom top brass too.
So, the new batch of costumes seems to be the last update for home players.

Good ... ... kind of ...

The costumes look awesome ... but I this came up with other day with a mate ... pretty much ALL the the other fighters have custom costumes for their characters. Capcoms pricing has been ridiculous too. Dropping out a pack here and there. Then releasing a bundle etc.

Would have been awesome to have the costumes as unlockables for online too. That would give people another reason to play and not quit out etc. If there were targets for each costume etc. Alas hopefully next time.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 589
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 12/10/2010 9:51:41 AM   
Swoz_MK

I'm a bit annoyed by home versions not getting the AE upgrade.
Where will this leave tournament play?
Obviously SBO and other big Japanese tourneys will use SSFIVAE as they only play on arcade cabs in those tournaments.
But EVO/SvB etc will have to be on home edition due to the sheer number of participants, but will be using SSFIV, an "inferior" version of the game
with improperly balanced characters and less characters, in the Japanese's eyes anyway.
Will Daigo, Mago, Sako etc bother going to American and European tournaments to play a version of a game they haven't touched in 6 months? Doubtful.
So on a spectator level (for me at least, watching SSFIV matches online is my Football...) this is gonna change things up quite a bit.

Maybe I'll just concentrate on MvC3, less of a headache...

Post #: 590
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 25/10/2010 2:06:49 PM   
Swoz_MK

- Looks like SSFIV:AE DLC IS coming to consoles after all...
- There's talk of the below being fake, but if it's not I am SERIOUSLY impressed. HOWARD THE DUCK!

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 591
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 26/10/2010 10:50:03 AM   
Swoz_MK

List of SSF4 Arcade Edition changes for five cast members

Ryu

Far Standing Medium Punch is now Special Cancelable.

Close Standing Medium Kick damage increased. This took off 70 life in SSF4.

Close Standing Hard Kick has more frame advantage on hit and block. You can Link into a Shoryuken now with it.

Decreased Crouching Medium Kick's active frames.

Towards + Hard Punch (Dash Punch) damage decreased. This took off 120 life in SSF4.

Jump arc nerfed on his Air Hurricane Kick. It's more difficult to run away with this, but crossups with it will be more ambiguous.

EX Air Hurricane Kick will no longer miss last few hits.

Balrog

Damage for Close Standing Medium Punch was decreased slightly. It now forces opponent to stand on hit, and is Special Cancelable. This move took off 80 life in SSF4.

Far Standing Light Punch will now miss crouching opponents.

Damage on Headbutt was decreased and it now has more recovery frames. This took off 100/120/140/150 for the Light, Medium, Hard and EX versions in SSF4.

Ultra 2 (Dirty Bull) motion changed from a 720 to two half-circle backs + 3x Punch.

C. Viper

Ultra 2's hitbox size increased.

Cammy

Close and Far Standing Light Punch recovery time decreased.

Close Standing Medium and Hard Punch recovery time decreased.

Crouching Light and Medium Punch and recovery time decreased.

These changes give Cammy more frame advantage with her Normals.

Cannon Spike flies less distance away after connecting, making it easier to punish, this is on block and hit.

Regular version of Cammy's Cannon Strike (Dive Kick) cannot be done as low to the ground as before. The EX version was unaffected.

Guy

Crouching Light Kick damage decreased. Has a 3 frame startup now, it was 4 before and took off 30 damage.

Far Standing Medium Kick has faster startup time and less recovery.

Far Standing Medium Punch hitbox improved.

Towards + Medium Punch (Overhead) is two hits now and no longer leaves you at a frame disadvantage on hit.

EX Run timing for followups is the same as the regular version now.

EX Run Stop follow up has Super Armor.

EX Run Slide follow up has projectile invincibility.

Super does more damage, and fixed some problems with it not connecting after a combo.

< Message edited by Swoz_MK -- 26/10/2010 10:51:40 AM >

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 592
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 28/10/2010 8:53:12 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

- Looks like SSFIV:AE DLC IS coming to consoles after all...
- There's talk of the below being fake, but if it's not I am SERIOUSLY impressed. HOWARD THE DUCK!

Damn ... honestly ... I'm probaly going to get it ... but that's annoying. MvsC3 news ace as always.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 593
RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever - 30/10/2010 10:41:44 AM   
Swoz_MK

Post #: 594
!! - 2/11/2010 1:46:41 PM   
Swoz_MK

"It's Urien!!!" "It's Alex!!!!"

"It's Chun Li!!!"

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 595
RE: !! - 6/11/2010 12:40:33 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

"It's Urien!!!" "It's Alex!!!!"

"It's Chun Li!!!"

WHERE?!?

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 596
RE: !! - 20/11/2010 1:42:11 PM   
Ell

She-Hulk reveal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjzQtGtO4WI

The more I see of MvC3, the more fun it looks!

Post #: 597
RE: !! - 21/11/2010 3:28:11 PM   
Swoz_MK

Zero too. Plus Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath announced as PS3 DLC.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 598
RE: !! - 21/11/2010 11:20:19 PM   
the anomaly

The fancy U.S collectors edition :

quote:

The new edition, which comes in some rather impressive packaging, will set you back around $69.99 (40) and includes:
  • Console Decals (Pre-Order Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at EB Games and you receive Exclusive Collectible Console Decals.)
  • These 5 x 7 cards feature precision-cut images and logos from Marvel vs Capcom 3.
  • Durable! High-quality and washable vinyl decals manufactured by Fathead.
  • Reusable! Easily move the decal to a different location without damaging it or the surface.
  • Character descriptions and move-lists are featured on the back of each card.

Niiiiice ... Honestly ... bloody DLC ... annoying. To be fair I can kind of understand the need ... but ahhhhh. I'll see how thing's are next year. I may just go the whole hog.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 599
RE: !! - 5/12/2010 11:55:31 PM   
the anomaly

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade ....

More goodies for the arcade version 

Oni Akuma                                                                                             Evil Ryu

Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Street Fighter AKA the best beat em ups ever Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI