Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

South Park Season 12

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> South Park Season 12 Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
South Park Season 12 - 13/3/2008 10:49:54 AM   
bozo

Just watched Tonsil Trouble. Pretty average episode, wasn't it?
Post #: 1
RE: South Park Season 12 - 13/3/2008 11:01:19 AM   
Swoz_MK

I thought it was brilliant. Kyle was incredible.

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 2
RE: South Park Season 12 - 13/3/2008 11:57:13 AM   
Kenny

Im HIV-positive that I liked it! While not the best episode of all time I thought It was a pretty funny episode! Did anybody else spot the Airplane homage at the airport?

Well Ive Had a Lovely Evening But This Wasnt It! - Groucho Marx

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 3
RE: South Park Season 12 - 13/3/2008 12:32:06 PM   
Mojo

I really liked it. This is the first time I'm watching South Park properly, in the past I've only ever caught the odd episode, but I'm gonna watch Season 12. I wanna collect all the dvds but that'll be quite expensive.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 4
RE: South Park Season 12 - 13/3/2008 8:03:09 PM   
paul_ie86

Yep, caught that. I agree with bozo. Very average

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 5
RE: South Park Season 12 - 13/3/2008 9:16:19 PM   
bozo

I just hope the general quality of the episodes doesn't slump. The 11th season was not as good as the 10th. I hope it's not a trend. There's something about US TV though, isn't there? Too many seasons, too many episodes. They don't know when to call it a day. Prime example - The Simpsons. Quit when you're ahead, I say. Or like Blackadder - with the best episode EVER!  

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 6
RE: South Park Season 12 - 14/3/2008 2:20:21 PM   
Kenny

quote:

ORIGINAL: bozo

I just hope the general quality of the episodes doesn't slump. The 11th season was not as good as the 10th. I hope it's not a trend. There's something about US TV though, isn't there? Too many seasons, too many episodes. They don't know when to call it a day. Prime example - The Simpsons. Quit when you're ahead, I say. Or like Blackadder - with the best episode EVER!  

But South Park has a much smaller number of episodes per season as its on cable, theres only 12 or 13 episodes per season for South Park. I dont think in any way South Park has dropped in quality, its by far the best animated show on tv today.

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 7
RE: South Park Season 12 - 14/3/2008 3:27:29 PM   
Rgirvan44

At first I thought the epsiode would be average at best...then they found the 'cure' and it all came together.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 8
RE: South Park Season 12 - 15/3/2008 9:57:13 AM   
bozo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kenny

quote:

But South Park has a much smaller number of episodes per season as its on cable, theres only 12 or 13 episodes per season for South Park. I dont think in any way South Park has dropped in quality, its by far the best animated show on tv today.

The best show on TV period. But 12 seasons? 160 plus episodes? It's a bit much me thinks. The show's definitely past its prime - seasons 6, 7 & 8.

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 9
RE: South Park Season 12 - 15/3/2008 12:55:36 PM   
Kenny

quote:

quote:

quote:

The best show on TV period. But 12 seasons? 160 plus episodes? It's a bit much me thinks. The show's definitely past its prime - seasons 6, 7 & 8.

I wouldnt say best show on TV period, for me that definately goes to Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia (I URGE you all to give it a chance, its like watching Arrested Development for the first time again)

You say the show is past its prime but I think its held its quality throughout (apart from maybe its first and second season where it was more juvenile) there has always been one or two episodes in each season which were not as funny as the rest, but still very watchable, I wouldnt want it to do a Simpsons though and reach up to 400 episodes, I defy anyone to write 400 episodes of anything and keep it fresh.

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 10
RE: South Park Season 12 - 15/3/2008 5:15:52 PM   
bozo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldnt say best show on TV period, for me that definately goes to Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia (I URGE you all to give it a chance, its like watching Arrested Development for the first time again)

You say the show is past its prime but I think its held its quality throughout (apart from maybe its first and second season where it was more juvenile) there has always been one or two episodes in each season which were not as funny as the rest, but still very watchable, I wouldnt want it to do a Simpsons though and reach up to 400 episodes, I defy anyone to write 400 episodes of anything and keep it fresh.

Yeah, I hope you're right and Tonsil Trouble is just a bad start to a great season.

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 11
RE: South Park Season 12 - 16/3/2008 3:54:47 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

At first I thought the epsiode would be average at best...then they found the 'cure' and it all came together.

You could see that coming a mile off.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 12
RE: South Park Season 12 - 17/3/2008 9:33:16 PM   
kingalan

It was ok but wasn't particularly funny or clever. I hope it's not a reflection on the season as a whole.

The bit at I laughed most at was Cartman's Mum and the doctor cornily chuckling at Eric's enthusiasm for ice-cream near the beginning.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 13
RE: South Park Season 12 - 17/3/2008 10:39:10 PM   
paul_ie86

Just on Wikipedia. The next one is will be a Britney episode. *puts head in hands*

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 14
RE: South Park Season 12 - 18/3/2008 3:29:51 PM   
shawshank prisoner

i thought it was a great episode, can't wait for the second one. "I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive" classic!

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 15
RE: South Park Season 12 - 18/3/2008 10:41:59 PM   
BobaJango

The next ep (march 19th) is titled "Britney".
Gee, wonder what that's about.

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to shawshank prisoner)
Post #: 16
RE: South Park Season 12 - 19/3/2008 5:17:39 AM   
Eyecatching

quote:

It actually varies from 14 to 17 episodes....not that it means that much... I agree about South Park being better than the anything else, and when you think that the Simpsons has over 20 writers at any one time, while South Park has had that many in it's entire history....

*..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:- *Eyecatching* -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 17
RE: South Park Season 12 - 19/3/2008 10:17:47 AM   
Mojo

I think the great thing about South Park is how the episodes really do reflect whats happening in the world. As long as there is stuff going on, the South Park boys will make a hilarious spin on it in an episode and I think it will be a while before the show goes down the toilet.

(in reply to Eyecatching)
Post #: 18
RE: South Park Season 12 - 19/3/2008 2:23:46 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

I think the great thing about South Park is how the episodes really do reflect whats happening in the world. As long as there is stuff going on, the South Park boys will make a hilarious spin on it in an episode and I think it will be a while before the show goes down the toilet.

I agree. I don't get it when people go on about the show going downhill. I've seen every episode and i honestly can't detect a significant drop in quality.

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 19
RE: South Park Season 12 - 19/3/2008 11:17:04 PM   
bozo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Well, after season 9 Parker & Stone quite seriously considered quitting, because the writing had become very difficult.  

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 20
RE: South Park Season 12 - 20/3/2008 1:30:08 AM   
thepluginbaby

The new episode was great, even though it it is just mimicing that kind of dumb movie plot line that South Park has done for what the last four seasons? 

Opens the door to his bedroom, full of money. 

"Wait, you don't think..."

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 21
RE: South Park Season 12 - 20/3/2008 9:56:22 AM   
bozo

Well, just watched the Britney episode and it was quite good. Better than Tonsil Trouble at any rate. But again the laughs were few and far between. Nice idea, good point, but where's the funny?

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 22
RE: South Park Season 12 - 20/3/2008 11:29:27 AM   
Swoz_MK

Oh dear, I laughed once at this new Ep and that was only when I noticed Butters was asleep at the beginning, oh dear...

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 23
RE: South Park Season 12 - 20/3/2008 11:46:52 AM   
Mojo

I quite liked it. Yeah, not as funny as it should have been really, but still pretty good.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 24
RE: South Park Season 12 - 20/3/2008 1:16:57 PM   
shawshank prisoner

episode 1202 is pretty awful, one of the worst ever IMO.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 25
RE: South Park Season 12 - 20/3/2008 4:59:02 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: shawshank prisoner

"Britney's new look" isn't as funny as recent eps but i certainly wouldn't rate it within a mile of such eps as "A million little fibers".

Post #: 26
RE: South Park Season 12 - 20/3/2008 6:00:23 PM   
shawshank prisoner

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: shawshank prisoner

"Britney's new look" isn't as funny as recent eps but i certainly wouldn't rate it within a mile of such eps as "A million little fibers".

at least fibres made me laugh. The Britney one was frankly rather awful.

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 27
RE: South Park Season 12 - 20/3/2008 10:49:05 PM   
bozo

Starting to worry... if the third is also a turd, it would be time to panic. 

Post #: 28
RE: South Park Season 12 - 21/3/2008 11:42:45 AM   
hongkongphooey

Yeah it was pretty bad - I only laughed at Butters dressed up as a squirrel. Hope next week's is better.

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 29
RE: South Park Season 12 - 21/3/2008 1:15:49 PM   
nutteronabus

I actually quite enjoyed the Britney one.

Thing is, I spent 6 weeks in America about two months ago, and that is exactly what the media is like over there. It's pretty satirical, though I guess unless you've really seen the coverage she gets on the news (which was similar to the amount of coverage given to the Presidential debates), you probably won't really get it.

That's not me saying 'I'm better than you,' or anything- it's just one of those ones that doesn't really resonate around the world. Thank God for the BBC.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> South Park Season 12 Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI