Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Frank Miller Talks Sin City 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Frank Miller Talks Sin City 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Frank Miller Talks Sin City 2 - 19/12/2005 10:26:49 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
tim v.s 13 unemployed drunk & proud of it - 2/1/2006 8:53:08 PM   
timvs4000

sin city is awsome . being from the "mtv generation" its not expected of me 2 be able 2 sit threw a black & white film but sin city is one hell of black and white film. its so stylish and violent
perfect for growing adoleessants who wil surrport the econemy when your all in old people homes
sin city hell yeah bring on 2,3,4,5 tim 13

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Huzzah! - 3/1/2006 1:25:00 PM   
Funkyrae

Rodriguez and Miller. What a team! I was completely blown away by Sin City, I'd heard of the graphic novels and had taken a sneaky peek at them but not really paid much attention to them being more of a Gaiman fan. Now I have all of them and have been amazed at how true to the stories they are. As far as I'm concerned, as long as any sequels have the same gritty edge to them as the first one has, and hopefully the same actors then bring 'em on. More Hartigan please!!!!!!

Post #: 3
RE: Huzzah! - 3/1/2006 10:29:20 PM   
Da Big Cheese

Just as long as they stick to the same formula the new Sin City films will be awesome. As well as the short stories we saw in the first movie, I reckon they'd be onto a winner if they have a long story that runs in the background throughout the saga. Like Josh Hartnett's character in the first movie, you know that he's going to appear in a sequal and it would be good to have a background story that makes random appearances throughout the 5 films.

Trust No One

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 4
Agree!! - 4/1/2006 10:00:14 AM   
jameslowe

Sin City was a perfect antidote to the remakes, re-hashes, chick flicks and pop kiddie flicks that are not gritty enough to treat us like adults. There are few 18 rated movies these days and Sin City hit all the right buttons. Pure adult entertainment....for adults! I applaud the decision to do a new one. I hope it introduces new characters and doesn't just fill in back stories of those already played out, but if done as faithfully as the first and not watered down to appeal to a greater catchment of cinema goers then I for one can't wait!

Post #: 5
Courtney Daynes not going to be happy - 4/1/2006 11:47:55 AM   
Kitfistoslovechild

Your not going to get your wish.Rumor has it that they are going to do book two "A dame to kill for" Dwights back story.But a dame to kill for is my favorite Sin City book it's a really good story and this is why - Dwight and Marv team-up.......O and one word pre-op

Post #: 6
Courtney Daynes not going to be happy - 4/1/2006 11:51:38 AM   
Kitfistoslovechild

my bad first post and all

< Message edited by Kitfistoslovechild -- 4/1/2006 11:56:35 AM >

Post #: 7
Agree, but... - 4/1/2006 6:44:58 PM   
Andradesamuel

... I think that five movies will be too much. Unless Rodriguez finds a refreshing way to adapt Miller's stories, audiences may become bored with the same HD technique.

Post #: 8
bad casting +bad directing+good fx=fustrating movie - 4/1/2006 8:52:44 PM   
aramirez

I hated the way R.R. shot this movie.
the direction was totally off.
you never really cared about the characters unless you are familiar with noir and knew what they were trying to do.
people laughed at the serious parts in this movie.
(when hartigan is taking a shower, you don't feel the weight, you just feel the sophmoric humor- hes taking a shower 'cause he's horny ha ha)
Ithink Bruce as young Hartigan would work but not old hartigan. He didn't age at all and this is what 20 years later?
hartigan should have been played by Clint Eastwood since he has been playing that type of charactrer the majority of his career (especially the dirty harry movies) alba wasn't really sexy in a vamp way.
more like -'im flaunting my sexuality 'cause no let me when i was growing up but i really don't know how to embrace it or use it properly.' sexuality is like a winter coat for her, not part of her.
case in point-her line 'im the only one that gett this car started' barely heard what she said or even believed that she believed that.
only really good scene where everthing clicked was quentin's.
fx were amazing.
hopefully this is better than 1.

< Message edited by aramirez -- 4/1/2006 9:03:37 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: Jessica Alba - 4/1/2006 8:59:35 PM   
aramirez

no it wouldn't because that would require acting skills.
Post #: 10
RE: so scared - 5/1/2006 1:33:22 PM   
Alive in oblivion

quote:

ORIGINAL: JaapCaneel

Sin City was the best film of 2005. But i scared another sincity film could go all Matrixisch. 'How to kill a brilljant film in two seqeuls'

Sin city was never the film people made it out to be, it lacked so many things a film noir should have, the female roles didn't show enough vulnerability. There was no seduction from the female roles, it was all obvious sex appeal, no real depth, to name a few. As for the matrix analogy, The matrix sequels have out done any sequels released in a long time, the band wagon is full when it comes to insulting the matrix sequels, and againg all it comes down to is action, cgi, and sex appeal. Yes the matrix 2 didn't have the action from the first, but it the point behind the second, was to enter the matrix with more depth, look deeper than, the oracle, neo, morpheus. As for the third, my least favourite, but it still beat episode 3, and managed to end the trilogy well. BEtter than george lucas ever could.

My art keeps me sane
Post #: 11
Fresh - 16/1/2006 8:51:23 PM   
moviemaven

Miller's Sin City is fresh and vital. I hope he brings that same energy to SC2.

I'm really looking forward to 300 -- his comic to film directed by Zack Snyder. That looks fabulous!

Post #: 12
Fingers Crossed 4 Sin City 2 - 11/2/2006 7:47:23 PM   
4hq

As long as the integrity of original story stays intact & Miller behind the control room, we all can bet it's going 2 B one helluva film

Post #: 13
Fingers Crossed 4 Sin City 2 - 11/2/2006 7:48:33 PM   
4hq

As long as the integrity of original story stays intacted & Miller behind the control room, we all can bet it's going 2 B one helluva film

Post #: 14
caps sorry - 6/4/2006 1:27:42 PM   
BlueDragon21120

aS LONG AS THEY ARN'T ALL CALLED SIN CITY THENA NUMBER I'M IN FOR 5IVE FILMS

Post #: 15
RE: bad casting +bad directing+good fx=fustrating movie - 6/4/2006 1:31:52 PM   
BlueDragon21120

How do you know it wsn't meant to be funny, maybe you read the books wrong. i didn't laugh and still foudn the film both humourous and smart. I hope the sequel is better but it only really ahs to be half as good to be a great movie.

(in reply to aramirez)
Post #: 16
RE: Agree, but... - 6/4/2006 1:32:59 PM   
BlueDragon21120

No one got board of lightsabres did they?

(in reply to Andradesamuel)
Post #: 17
RE: - 6/4/2006 2:31:35 PM   
mrsumner

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdruck

5 is too many but a trilogy would be great.

Maybe they will divide them into a trilogy and then 2 direct-to-DVD movies
Post #: 18
RE: RE: - 6/4/2006 4:42:43 PM   
BlueDragon21120

and how much to straight to dvd movie suck... oh yeah, entirely. All or nothing i say

(in reply to mrsumner)
Post #: 19
No Way - 13/5/2006 9:44:28 PM   
grapefloss

This movie was not what I expected. I appreciate the quality and the effects of the film but I wasnt to big on the story. I guess this whole comic isnt my thing.

Post #: 20
Being the times - 16/5/2011 10:00:49 PM   
Fenster30

Guessing that won't be happening then or have I missed something else!

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Frank Miller Talks Sin City 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI