Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 11/3/2008 10:16:41 PM   
Caster

Well it was pretty clunky, no real surprises or wit.  But lots of Michelle Ryan...and that's enough to suit me for now but I hope it gets a bit more meatier in terms of plot.  Why would she jump off a building?  Yeah she's now bionic, but she also never wanted those powers and any normal person would be scared shitless and freaking out - not doing Spiderman impressions a few hours later.
Post #: 1
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 7:12:59 AM   
Wedge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caster

Well it was pretty clunky, no real surprises or wit.  But lots of Michelle Ryan...and that's enough to suit me for now but I hope it gets a bit more meatier in terms of plot.  Why would she jump off a building?  Yeah she's now bionic, but she also never wanted those powers and any normal person would be scared shitless and freaking out - not doing Spiderman impressions a few hours later.

Yeah, it lacked charm or a certain spark.  Everyone, including Michelle Ryan's character, was a bit dull.  A competent but 'by-the-numbers' sci-fi show.  What I don't understand, is why she didn't enquire about the condition of her boyfriend, after he was dragged into the ambulance.  Had he died in the flat and I just missed it?  Hence, why she rushed off to attack Starbuck, rather than say giving first aid/talking for help.  Still, it shows some promise, so I'll keep watching.

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 2
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 12:41:09 PM   
FlangeBags

Was better than I was expecting, even if there was a slight lack of logic.
Thought Michelle Ryan was a little meh though, seemed like Katee Sackhoff had much more charisma when they were on screen together.  Might just have been because she got to ham it up a bit more as the villain.

My homepage - http://allendonnelly.squarespace.com/

My debut novel, BUY IT (please)! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Eyes-ebook/dp/B005ZJ56GY

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 3
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 1:17:24 PM   
Caster

And what was with the 'I'll bury every one of you' line at the end?  She's suddenly willing to kill people?  Seemed to come out of nowhere.

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 4
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 1:20:25 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It was a bit meh hope it improves... Ryan said she was disapointed when it was cancelled as she'd audioned for ages to get the part

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 5
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 1:39:43 PM   
theram05

Cancelled? Ah shucks, sorry for Ryan, she wasnt bad in teh role, but the writing was shite.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 6
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 2:58:50 PM   
Caster

'As of March 1, 2008 the fate of the series remains in limbo as NBC has yet to announce officially whether the series has been cancelled or will return for additional episodes as previously announced. On Feb. 20, the blog SyFy Portal, citing a TV Guide column, reported that cast and crew of Bionic Woman had been informed the series was cancelled, and in fact the report itself was headlined "Bionic Woman cancelled". As a result news forums began buzzing with discussion that the series had been cancelled. However, as the SyFy Portal writer indicates, NBC has as of Feb. 20 had made no official announcement, and he stresses that discussion of the series' demise is to be treated as a rumor only. '

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 7
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 3:52:31 PM   
Newander

I watched it too and was a bit disappointed. Should have stuck with the original format and that 'bionic' noise every time she runs like the original one did
Was odd how she didn't enquire to her boyfriends condition..all a bit pants.

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 8
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 8:04:35 PM   
discodave101

So has this show already been cancelled in the states or what? I read it had, but now I'm seeing reports that they've yet to make a final decision.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 9
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 8:16:09 PM   
Caster

quote:

So has this show already been cancelled in the states or what? I read it had, but now I'm seeing reports that they've yet to make a final decision.

See above.

Everyone seems to think it will be given the chop but nothing has been officially set in stone yet.

< Message edited by Caster -- 12/3/2008 8:17:24 PM >

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 10
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 8:42:55 PM   
discodave101

quote:

quote:

See above.

Everyone seems to think it will be given the chop but nothing has been officially set in stone yet.

Doh! Sorry Caster. That was lazy posting on my part, as I didn't even read the posts!

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 11
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 12/3/2008 8:52:04 PM   
darth silas

Its been offically cancelled.There was an offical statement from the network about it not too long ago.

I wont miss it.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

Post #: 12
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 13/3/2008 12:52:54 AM   
Caster

Link? 

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 13
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 13/3/2008 4:11:52 PM   
Mason Verger

Record audience for Bionic WomanThe Bionic Woman remake starring ex-EastEnder Michelle Ryan delivered ITV2 a record audience.

Record audience for Bionic Woman

pa.press.net
The Bionic Woman remake starring ex-EastEnder Michelle Ryan delivered ITV2 a record audience.
On Tuesday night the 60-minute drama, in which Michelle, 23, plays robotically-enhanced Jaime Sommers, gave ITV2 its largest audience ever.
The remake of the 1970s show was watched by a peak of 2.4 million viewers.
The digital channel's previous best was 1.9 million viewers for Footballers' Wives: Extra Time in 2005.
Bionic Woman averaged 2.2 million viewers and a 10.5 per cent share of the 9pm to 10pm audience.
The performance was 1.1 million viewers up on Sky Sports 2, the next best performing multi-channel station, which was showing the Inter-Milan v Liverpool football match.
ITV2 Controller Zai Bennett said: "Bionic Woman is a fantastic show and we are very excited that an audience of over two million viewers, our best ever audience, tuned in for last night's show.
In the US, the show is expected to be axed by the NBC network after just one season.
Ratings dropped after the first episode, which was a hit with 13.9 million viewers.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 14
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 13/3/2008 4:41:19 PM   
dracovir

The first episode was okay, but not much more than that.  Mainly for me the biggest gripe was the pacing and timeframe - there was very little to show the passage of time after the accident (and then we find that three days had passed between the accident and Michelle Ryan escaping the base, although for some reason it felt like it should've been longer).  The general pacing was also very fast, perhaps leaping into action a little too early?  Maybe this should've been a feature length pilot, but meh.  Will carry on watching though, it's not completely right to judge solely off a first episode (I thought Firefly Ep 1 sucked, but the rest of it is amazing).  In fact I'm rather looknig forward to it.  Given this country's obsession with soaps, it is always nice when one of their 'stars' manages to prove that there is life after Corrie/Enders, even better when they land big roles stateside.

Medals don't help me sleep at night...

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 15
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 13/3/2008 8:42:51 PM   
The Mighty

Not yet cancelled, but I can't imagine it being picked up. The got great numbers at the start, so NBC don't really have much chance of building up an audience if they've already left. And theoriginalcynic, on Jonathan Ross, Michelle Ryan said that she got the part within a week or so. I thought she was alright in the part, but I do agree that the whole thing was a bit dull.

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 16
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 14/3/2008 11:29:13 AM   
Mason Verger

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

Not yet cancelled, but I can't imagine it being picked up. The got great numbers at the start, so NBC don't really have much chance of building up an audience if they've already left. And theoriginalcynic, on Jonathan Ross, Michelle Ryan said that she got the part within a week or so. I thought she was alright in the part, but I do agree that the whole thing was a bit dull.

It may get picked up by British TV. That's what happened when the BBC saved Due South.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 17
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 14/3/2008 11:41:05 AM   
Sinatra

Awful awful first episode... and she didn't even get her tits out..!

Post #: 18
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 14/3/2008 11:43:29 AM   
LEEJGM

I thought it was all about 10 years out of date.  Mysterious government organisations and not being able to trust anyone seems to be the norm for most TV shows now (24, LOST, Prison Break, X Files etc).  The fist fighting in the rain and jumping buildings was all very Matrix which is hardly original now either as every bloody sci-fi show or film seems to rip-off the Matrix in many ways.  I had read that this was supposed to be pretty good and Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles was supposed to be bland.  I'd put it the other way round personally.  I'll watch the next episode but if it's more of the same, I won't bother anymore. 

Also, for a show that's apparently so expensive to produce, the special effects were shite, particularly the running in the forest bit.  It reminded me of Superman 1.

Actually forget all of the above:
quote:

... and she didn't even get her tits out..!

Spot on sir!

< Message edited by LEEJGM -- 14/3/2008 11:51:40 AM >

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 19
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 14/3/2008 1:27:30 PM   
Cruisecontroller

I thought it was good sci fi fun. Not great by any means but worth seeing especially if you enjoyed the orgional like I did as a kid. Love to see some Fembots but I think they`d be too silly and camp for this more gritty version. I thought Michelle Ryan did a really good job and was a convincing American. It makes a change for us to have a good actress like her that can be convincing unlike the Canadian location that looked nothing like San Francisco where the shows set (I know I`ve been to San Francisco). I think she will have a good career from here regardless of whether the shows finished or not. Its given her a good foot in the door, shes proved brilliantly in Eastenders she can act, shes very pretty too a complete package good luck to her. If not maybe I`ll see her shopping again in Tesco`s Enfield either way its cool! 

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 20
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 14/3/2008 2:26:41 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

That's strange she said in TV and satallite week she was annnoyed after she fought to get the part... that it was a tough audioning process.  I imagine ratings will drop this week as the first episode wasn't very good

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 21
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 14/3/2008 6:13:08 PM   
Captain Mainwaring

I thought first episode was a bit hurried, (surely most American pilots are over an hour and a half in length) so there was a lot going on that wasnt always been explained. I did think there were lots of good points though, especially her coming around after the accident.

It was a lot grittier than the original and nowhere near as airy-fairy. Michelle Ryan was brilliant, she is an outstanding actress and I think its a shame she was never picked up for Doctor Who (she was originally tipped to be an assistant when leaving EastEnders).

I dont think the show was that bad, I've seen much worse.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 22
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 15/3/2008 5:05:16 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Watchable enough I suppose. Nothing spectacular but a decent enough way to pass the time. The running scenes looked laughable though.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Captain Mainwaring)
Post #: 23
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 15/3/2008 4:29:44 PM   
jediwarrior

It was a ok episode, but seemed very rushed could have done with being an extra 30 - 45 minutes longer. I mean she was bionic within 15 mins of the opening episode.

I agree with Gimli about the running scenes those looked really dodgy

I shall continue watching just to see what it turns out like and also just to watch Michelle as well

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 24
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 18/3/2008 10:33:30 PM   
Caster

Bit better this week, she had a task to do although it ended just when it was getting interesting.  Liking the old bionic woman subplot.

Oh and what happened to Anne?  Did they replace her after the pilot or something?

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 25
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 18/3/2008 10:36:48 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

Bit better this week, she had a task to do although it ended just when it was getting interesting. Liking the old bionic woman subplot.

Oh and what happened to Anne? Did they replace her after the pilot or something?

Who's Anne?

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 26
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 18/3/2008 11:18:10 PM   
Caster

quote:

Who's Anne?

Her from Arrested Development.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3233650944/nm0926165

Replacing a short funny actress with a bland good looking one.  Didn't see that one coming.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-lucyhalebionicwomancasting,0,826070.story

< Message edited by Caster -- 18/3/2008 11:21:12 PM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 27
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 18/3/2008 11:26:04 PM   
Zaphod121

"Anne" was only in the unaired pilot, they recast her character and re-shot her scenes with a new actress, which was the version that aired in the US, odd that seemed to have aired the wrong version of the pilot on ITV.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 28
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 19/3/2008 4:27:23 AM   
Eyecatching

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

"Anne" was only in the unaired pilot, they recast her character and re-shot her scenes with a new actress, which was the version that aired in the US, odd that seemed to have aired the wrong version of the pilot on ITV.

Having downloaded and watched all the episodes last year, I didn't see this, but that is a bit of a goof!  I remember questioning someone's taste when he admitted to me that he fancied the sister, as this was after I'd only seen the original pilot, and not finding Anne any way attractive ;-)

My personal feelings for the failure of the franchise is that it was too downbeat and depressing. Add to that, the poor casting of Grey's Anatomy's sacked homophobe, Isaiah Washington, when the Jae Kim character seemed far more interesting.  Them add the fact that she starts a relationship, and no-one likes to see the star become romantically involved, as it's a sure fire way of killing a show.  We all love underlying sexual tension, but as soon as the leads start dating, it kills a show.

I'm interested to see that the IMDB shows Michelle Ryan having starred in 14 episodes, while the plug was pulled after 8... I wonder where they get their facts from?....

< Message edited by Eyecatching -- 19/3/2008 4:29:53 AM >

*.. )) -::-
. .))
((. . -::- *Eyecatching* -::-
-::- ((.*

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 29
RE: The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed - 19/3/2008 8:08:32 PM   
Caster

No advanced spoilers please.

(in reply to Eyecatching)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Bionic Woman - ITV2 Speed Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI