Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 17/10/2008 11:34:52 PM   
Naked_Assassin

One good thing is that I can now wield 2-handed weapons in 1 hand. Mmm. 

Dropping your pants on stage DOES NOT deploy star power

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I practically creamed myself

Member of the 100% on Infinity Ward Call of Duty games...

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 91
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 26/10/2008 10:40:32 PM   
sanchia

Is it just me or is this Zombie attack prequel to the expansion one of the worst things to hit Warcraft in recent times? I spent over 30 minutes trying to rez. Everytime I rezzed I was instantly infected again and the Argent healers had all died and my Paladin cleanse powers failed to work. It is very irritating!

< Message edited by sanchia -- 26/10/2008 10:42:59 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Naked_Assassin)
Post #: 92
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 26/10/2008 10:53:57 PM   
FlangeBags

I really like the zombie invasion - just stupid fun!
I can see why it would be annoying if you were trying to complete quests in some of the main cities though - Orgrimmar and Shattrath were zombie warzones.
The couple of alts I've been levelling are in out of the way places (ghostlands, south of Silvermoon, and the Hinterlands) so I've not had any problem.

My homepage - http://allendonnelly.squarespace.com/

My debut novel, BUY IT (please)! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Eyes-ebook/dp/B005ZJ56GY

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 93
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 27/10/2008 10:18:09 AM   
Naked_Assassin

Nice to see the weirdo's still play WoW... Rolled a new character and called him 'Gigalo'. And as soon as I launched in, a strange character came up to me, beckoning me over to follow... I just ROFL'd.

quote:

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 94
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 27/10/2008 10:30:35 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Like my druid beserk don't like my afflic lock as much.

Trying to complete the new quests now, and off to the second half of Kara tonight with my druid. Hopefully.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 95
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 27/10/2008 10:36:00 AM   
Naked_Assassin

Don't like Affliction lock? I stayed that until 50, was quite fun. Did lots of damage and had infinite Mana. Just wasn't brilliant at taking multiple mobs. So I use the Felgaurd now and it's uber. 

quote:

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 96
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 4/11/2008 2:00:10 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Just had one of my on-line friends call me and ask me how I was on-line when I was at work. hmmmm says I.

So account been hacked have to wait till I get home to log a complaint as they need my original CD key... asked one of my guild mates to chuck me out of the guild for safety sake. Don't want my toon emptying the guild bank.

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 97
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 4/11/2008 2:04:44 PM   
sanchia

Nasty when they hack you but a more regular occurance sadly.

Ever since the new patch has come in I have been having connection issues and seem to be dropping off the server in a regular manner. Very annoying to be in the middle of something drop off and come back online only to be dead.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 98
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 4/11/2008 2:16:45 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Aye the new patch has been terrible, so many bugs.

Had my druid all set for a Maggy/Gruul run and got to the entrance unable to move. Managed to bring my warlock (who really doesn't need the gear) but everytime I logged the druid he was unable to move. So bloody annoying.

horribleives

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 99
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 4/11/2008 2:28:04 PM   
sanchia

I am also finding terrible lag. I go to pick something up and spend 5 minutes on my knees whilst the nasties come over and chew on my delicates. Not pleasant.

I have been through the trouble shooter shut down background programmes, ensured my firewall had allowance for WoW, deleted addons and various other processes but to no avail.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 4/11/2008 2:29:30 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 100
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 5/11/2008 10:34:29 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Ooooh new patch, hitting pallys with the nerf bat.

horribleives

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 101
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 6/11/2008 8:12:01 PM   
sanchia

Not too bad though the ret. pally hasn't been hit that hard although we have lost about 100 damage off our critical strikes.

I had an annoying experience last night. I was teamed with a friend and communicating via mikes, as such I wasn't keeping an eye on the guild speak. Suddenly one of the guildmates starts complaining that we are ignoring her. we explain the situation but she just gets more irrate and being friend of the guild leader has made threats about arranging to get us thrown out of the guild. I came very close to telling her what she could do with her threats and quitting anyway. I want to enjoy the game not get embroiled in someones petty nature.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 6/11/2008 8:13:14 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 102
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 - 7/11/2008 2:06:14 AM   
Captain Trips

Ooooh, nice to see this thread still going strongly!

A lot has happened since I last posted in here - I changed my main character from my holy priest to my rogue, the almighty Redrouge! My guild reformed to a new guild with a new name to ditch our casual image, and renamed ourselves Chapter II. Since reforming we have cleared Black Temple, and have killed two bosses in Sunwell Plateau.

I am sooooooooo looking forward to Wrath, and have a collector's edition on order. I was in the beta, but tried to not play it too much so not to spoil it for myself. I did play more or less all of Howling Fjord, and have to say that Blizzard have done it again - even in the first starting zone the content surpasses everything in TBC.

I'll likely be keeping an eye on this thread, so if any of you new guys have any questions about the lower level zones or the mechanics of your class then ask away - I have dabbled in most of them at some level (I have 4 level 70s!), so am usually able to give some advice

If any of you fancy rerolling and have no one to play with, I can be found on Turalyon EU.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 103
WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 13/11/2008 3:15:09 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

It's in my coat pocket. Only a mere 3 hours until I can spend hours trying to get the bloody thing installed and make my way to the new super laggy content. Huzzah!

horribleives

(in reply to Captain Trips)
Post #: 104
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 13/11/2008 8:12:33 PM   
sanchia

I ordered mine months ago and it was posted four days ago but I still await it's arrival. Not only that but I have just spent the last 1 hour and 30 minutes waiting in a queue to log on due to server overload. And I am still 436 in the queue.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 13/11/2008 8:13:04 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 105
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 13/11/2008 8:18:57 PM   
FlangeBags

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I ordered mine months ago and it was posted four days ago but I still await it's arrival. Not only that but I have just spent the last 1 hour and 30 minutes waiting in a queue to log on due to server overload. And I am still 436 in the queue.

Likewise - dispatched from Amazon on Monday (apparently) and yet my letterbox remains WOTLK free.

Damn you Royal Mail, damn you to hell!!!

My debut novel, BUY IT (please)! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Eyes-ebook/dp/B005ZJ56GY

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 106
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 13/11/2008 10:51:18 PM   
sanchia

Got online and the guild is now full of Death Knights. I want one. (goes and sulks)

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 107
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 14/11/2008 12:24:29 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Was on last night for a few hours, am a few bars away from 71 ding on my druid. Saw a level 68 death knight in Outland. Some people have too much time on their hands...

horribleives

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 108
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 15/11/2008 12:45:30 AM   
FlangeBags

Well, earlier today the first player in the world hit 80
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=300575

How can you enjoy a game doing that?

I do now have WOTLK - started a death knight but not got past the first level yet.
High point was the free peons from the cocoons quest outside Warsong Hold - one of them said, "Why it keep telling me to put da lotion in da basket? Me no like da lotion!"
I did chuckle.

Post #: 109
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 15/11/2008 3:24:36 AM   
Captain Trips

Having a blast at the moment. Level 72 and a bit, and trying to take my sweet time and soak up the lore and atmosphere.

Just finished in Howling Fjord, which I completed in the beta, and I am now off to Borean Tundra, which will be unkown content for me.

My favourite easter egg so far? The guy in Howling Fjord called Lebronski, with friends Walt and Donnie (who is clearly out of his element). Oh look, someone has made a mess on Lebronski's rug!

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 110
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 16/11/2008 12:59:00 AM   
FlangeBags

To continue the easter egg theme - I just had to kill Mayor Quimby!

Post #: 111
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 16/11/2008 3:52:00 PM   
Captain Trips

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlangeBags

To continue the easter egg theme - I just had to kill Mayor Quimby!

Haha! niccce!

There is a hotshot Gnome pilot in Borean Tundra called Kara Thricestar - a clear reference to Starbuck from BSG.

Level 73 and still going strong! Another thing I forgot to mention is that I was the first player on my realm to max out their skinning, earning a Feat of Strength for my efforts.

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 112
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 18/11/2008 9:28:41 PM   
FlangeBags

I've been neglecting Northrend - become addicted to my Death Knight!
The introductory quests were brilliant, great fun.
If you've not tried, I recommend it

Post #: 113
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 19/11/2008 5:24:13 PM   
Captain Trips

Yeah I played the Death Knight starting zone, and have my own character waiting in the wings (the mighty Arthasdk - I'm English, but I find the "dk" suffix people add to their names amusing ), but I am simply having far too much fun with my main to think about doing anything else.

Currently at level 76, with only three zones of the continent complete - Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord and Dragonblight. I am planning on spending some time in Grizzly Hills tonight. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but once you complete the "Wrathgate" questline in Dragonblight you will look at the quests of other MMOs (and possibly standard RPGs) and find them sorely lacking.

As for dungeons, I have done Uttgarde Keep, The Nexus, Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'Kahet, the latter been particularly amazing. A-N is really short - took about 20 minutes in total, and I can see this becoming the heroic dungeon that people farm daily for their new emblems. I am trying not to go to instances until the lore takes me there, so maybe I'll get to go to that Troll place tonight once I finish in Grizzly Hills.

One last thing I want to comment on is the improvements in professions - I have always been a Skinner and Leatherworker on my rogue, and it was pretty much common knowledge that Leatherworking was the poor cousin of other crafting professions. This has really changed in the new fur linings which LWs can make for their own equipment only - there is a lining which gives +120 AP to bracers, some 70 more than the standard enchant. I have had reports from my guildies that there is something like this for all professions (Tailors can craft FLYING CARPETS!!).

So far, I really have nothing bad to say about this game. It might sound fanboyish, but this is the game of the year for me.

< Message edited by Captain Trips -- 19/11/2008 7:13:46 PM >

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 114
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 20/11/2008 1:58:57 PM   
damn im good!

I managed to hit 71, get a DK to 60 all in one sitting and now havn't touched the game since Sunday as I've been far too busy....:(

Can't wait for this weekend. I'm doing nothing but WoW! Got to get my Roguie up to spec as my whole guild are already ages in front of me now! Doh!

And although I've only put in about 6 hours so far, it's awesome! Blizz have excelled themselves with this.

Don't fuck with the Jedi Master, son.

Post #: 115
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 22/11/2008 9:41:06 PM   
sanchia

I created a DK but got bored with it after a couple of nights. Back on my pally and playing on a not particularly regularly basis I have just hit 73. I seem to be progressing through the levels quicker in the expansion than I did getting to 70.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to damn im good!)
Post #: 116
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 25/11/2008 12:16:58 PM   
damn im good!

Seriously? Bored of the DK? I think they are great fun. But maybe thats as I normally play a melee class, so something that enables to me to do a lot more than CS-SS-SS-SS-EV and repeat is actually quite entertaining!

65 on my DK now and got the Rogue up to 73. Slowly catching up! lol!

Don't fuck with the Jedi Master, son.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 117
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 12/12/2008 9:55:06 PM   
FlangeBags

If any of you are ever planning to visit China, you might want to check this place out:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=203818

(in reply to damn im good!)
Post #: 118
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 3/12/2009 6:50:07 PM   
Base

Hi

Not sure if this is quite the right thread, but please help!!!

I bought WoW battle chest, with WoW & Burning Crusade, never played any of them before. Only one disk in the box, called battle chest, so I figure both games are on there, tho throughout the installation it only refers to it as burning crusade.

Once it's installed, it starts trying to download a patch. Fine, but it's about 2Gb. I'm on mobile, that will cost me more than the frickin' game did in the first place!?!?!?!? HTF does anyone justify that!?!??!!?

I can kind of bypass it by quickly hitting play before the d/l starts, and it starts up wrath of the litch king, which I thought was an entirely different expansion?!?!?

Anyway, now I can't start anything, it just says I have an old version of directX (I don't)!!!

Should it really be this confusing!??!?!? Ready to take the damn thing back now...

edit - Ok, it's the patch you are all talking about, do I have to d/l it?? It's a bit of a showstopper!!

< Message edited by Base -- 3/12/2009 6:52:09 PM >

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 119
RE: WRATH OF THE LICH KING! - 3/12/2009 8:57:47 PM   
FlangeBags

There's a patch due out soon (probably next week), but there have been plenty of others that have come out since Burning Crusade.
The patch you're downloading will likely be a mix of all the updates since then. And the game won't run without it - sorry.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 3.0.2 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI