Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 15/3/2008 12:23:04 PM   
Captain Trips

quote:

ORIGINAL: dracovir

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovebeerme

Level as shadow. Levelling a holy priest is like pulling teeth.

Holy/disc (especially disc) is atm far more viable and easy, if not OP, than shadow, even for levelling.  Devs, gief shadowpriest some lurv!  Pure Holy is a bitch to lvl with.

(Dammit why, when in the context of WoW, must I descend into typing like I'm on the dreadful minefield that are the wow-europe forums?)

I would strongly disagree with this to be honest. While Discipline specced priests have unbelievable survivability, their damage and mana regeneration is not so good. As a shadow priest you have spirit tap, vampiric touch at later stages, as well as vampiric embrace to keep your health topped up. Plus at level 40 you get shadow form, which is hands down the best tool in a DPS priest's arsenal for both survivability and damage increase.

In short, shadow all the way for levelling, at end game it depends what you want to do - take shadow for DPS,  Discipline for Arenas, or Holy for healing raid instances.

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 31
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 16/3/2008 1:57:45 AM   
dracovir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Trips

quote:

ORIGINAL: dracovir

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovebeerme

Level as shadow. Levelling a holy priest is like pulling teeth.

Holy/disc (especially disc) is atm far more viable and easy, if not OP, than shadow, even for levelling.  Devs, gief shadowpriest some lurv!  Pure Holy is a bitch to lvl with.

(Dammit why, when in the context of WoW, must I descend into typing like I'm on the dreadful minefield that are the wow-europe forums?)

I would strongly disagree with this to be honest. While Discipline specced priests have unbelievable survivability, their damage and mana regeneration is not so good. As a shadow priest you have spirit tap, vampiric touch at later stages, as well as vampiric embrace to keep your health topped up. Plus at level 40 you get shadow form, which is hands down the best tool in a DPS priest's arsenal for both survivability and damage increase.

In short, shadow all the way for levelling, at end game it depends what you want to do - take shadow for DPS,  Discipline for Arenas, or Holy for healing raid instances.

From all I've heard of late, slight tweaks to coefficiencies and such have pointed to Disc/Holy being better to level with, at this time.  I've ditched a lvl 37 male squidface priest in Ironforge for the best part of the last year, he's still shadow specced, and I'm not too inclined to go and respec him to see for myself.  Just going by the forums atm, but then almost no one there can agree on anything.

Medals don't help me sleep at night...

(in reply to Captain Trips)
Post #: 32
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 17/3/2008 10:51:48 PM   
FlangeBags

It'll be awhile before I start the priest - want to get my boomkin to 70 first and then level my mage up a bit more.

Speaking of boomkins, have a butcher's at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uadFnQhd-Oc

My homepage - http://allendonnelly.squarespace.com/

My debut novel, BUY IT (please)! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Eyes-ebook/dp/B005ZJ56GY

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 33
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 19/3/2008 8:42:10 PM   
DMC4

Finally managed to find a group and complete Uldaman

"She's trying to act all sexy and dirty which in a fantasy is great, but in reality you just want to say, Izzie, just because you can do that with your legs doesn't mean you should."
George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 34
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 22/3/2008 6:30:19 AM   
DMC4

Anyone gonna sign up for the arena tournament?

"She's trying to act all sexy and dirty which in a fantasy is great, but in reality you just want to say, Izzie, just because you can do that with your legs doesn't mean you should."
George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 35
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 25/3/2008 9:53:33 PM   
DMC4

Its time for patch 2.4

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 36
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 25/3/2008 10:00:30 PM   
DMC4

Sunwell Plateau
For millennia the mystical pool of energy known as the Sunwell fueled the potent magic of the exiled high elves. The Sunwell's inexhaustible power permeated the elves and infused them with a constant supply of arcane energy. For generations the high elves protected and cherished the well, benefiting from its powers even when outside the borders of their homeland, Quel'Thalas.
Although the elves sustained heavy losses in the Troll Wars and the Second War against the Horde, the Sunwell remained secure... until the coming of the Scourge. Without warning the death knight Arthas, a mighty servant of the Lich King, led his undead armies in a merciless attack upon the elven kingdom.
Undeterred by the desperate struggles of the elven defenders, the Scourge marched on toward the Sunwell, slaughtering any who attempted to bar their path. The legendary king Anasterian Sunstrider faced off against Arthas in an attempt to slow the undead advance, but even his unyielding will and extraordinary powers proved insufficient against the merciless death knight.
With the elven capital lying in ruin, Arthas marched triumphantly to the Sunwell and tossed the bones of the fallen necromancer Kel'Thuzad into the radiant beam of light. With this act the sacred well was instantly corrupted. Knowing he had sealed the fate of the high elves, Arthas departed with the newly resurrected Kel'Thuzad to carry on in service of the Lich King. Many of the Scourge, however, remained behind to prey upon the few elves who had not yet fallen.
The ranger Lor'themar Theron organized the remaining survivors to fight the undead, but it was the return of Prince Kael'thas that brought the elves a fragment of renewed hope.
Tragically Kael'thas soon learned that the greatest danger to his people was posed not by the Scourge, but by the Sunwell itself. The corrupted powers of the well still permeated not only the elves, but all that they had built. Given enough time, the vile necromantic energies would kill the elves and spread an incurable poison throughout the surrounding land.
Kael'thas painfully concluded that the Sunwell, the heart of their society, must be destroyed.
And so he executed a plan that would irrevocably change the fate of his people. With the aid of the most powerful remaining magi, accompanied by Lor'themar and a party of volunteer defenders, Kael'thas succeeded in destroying the mystical Sunwell.
Or so he thought.
The Sunwell's energies had been dispersed, and yet not all of its essence was lost. A mysterious individual named Borel gathered what remained of the energies and hid them away in the guise of a mortal girl, Anveena.
In the aftermath of the Sunwell's destruction, Kael'thas declared that his people would be forever known as the sin'dorei, or blood elves, so they would never forget those who had fallen in defense of their homeland.
Although the Sunwell's threat was ended, Kael'thas could not have foreseen the effect its loss would have on his people. The elves suffered terribly from withdrawal, for many of them had been infused with the arcane energies of the well all their lives. Only in the absence of the Sunwell did the blood elves come to realize how addicted they had grown to its powers. Over time the elves grew ill, and the youngest and oldest among them died. Determined to find a cure for his people's crippling addiction, Prince Kael'thas sought a renewed source of arcane power, and he soon fell into the service of the demon Illidan Stormrage.
With Illidan's aid, the blood elves found a temporary reprieve, learning to siphon the magical energies of others to ease their own suffering. As Kael'thas joined the fight against Illidan's many enemies, the prince came to rely more and more on fel energy: the dark and corrupting essence wielded by the demonic Burning Legion itself.
Now, bristling with newfound power, Kael'thas has turned his back on his former master, Illidan, and has finally returned to Quel'Thalas, promising final deliverance to his people. To this end he has harnessed the mortal possessor of the Sunwell's energies, Anveena. Yet many believe that the prince's exposure to fel energies has made him unstable, and that he has sought out a new master, a demon lord of the Burning Legion so terrible that even the mighty Illidan would tremble in fear at the sound of his name:
Kil'jaeden.

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 37
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 30/3/2008 12:53:35 PM   
FlangeBags

Woo hoo - level 66!

Man alive but these last few levels are tough going, especially in Nagrand where I'm experiencing almost Stranglethorn Vale levels of ganking.

My debut novel, BUY IT (please)! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Eyes-ebook/dp/B005ZJ56GY

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 38
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 31/3/2008 2:09:35 AM   
DMC4

Just got my shadow priest to lvl 56. So hard going, I do NOT recommend a priest at all.
Thinking of trying out a warlock next.

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 39
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 2/4/2008 2:39:23 PM   
DMC4

Dinged to 60 last night

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 40
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 2/4/2008 3:42:49 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

New patch has made Dailys so much more do-able. There is real cash everywhere, can managed to do 10 or so dailys in the space of 30 minutes. So lots of easy gold.

Have done magistrates terrace and found it quite good.

Off to Kara again tonight was hopeful but found out we are short two dpss. Anyone on Thunderhorn with any gear is welcome to join us. Probably....

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 41
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 2/4/2008 3:53:57 PM   
FlangeBags

Good grief - have you been doing nothing else but play Warcraft?
Gets harder from there though - think it's something like 734,000 xp points from 66 to 67.  It's a hell of a slog

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 42
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 2/4/2008 4:10:51 PM   
DMC4

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlangeBags

Good grief - have you been doing nothing else but play Warcraft?

No but I did have a mammoth session ysterday including running 2 instances for lots of xp

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 43
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 3/4/2008 8:16:03 PM   
DMC4

Yay just dinged to 61

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 44
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 3/4/2008 8:46:28 PM   
FlangeBags

Bloody hellfire - you're going to beat me to 70 at this rate!

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 45
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 7/4/2008 9:19:09 AM   
Captain Trips

Patch has been great fun. As a holy priest my ability to DPS is quite limited, and most of the new daily quests involve very little killing, which is great news. The fishing quest in particular is proving to be quite lucrative, and the bombing run on Quel'Danas is nothing short of epic.

New 5 man instance is a lot of fun, and I particularly like the second-last boss, which is essentially like a 5v5 Arena fight, but against AI.

My guild were planning our first run into Black Temple last night, but the realm's instances went down about raid time and we were not able to go. We did manage to kill Rage Winterchill first night last week though. Link to my guild's website showing our kills:

http://britclan.net/CoH/blog/

My character is "Trips" - I am generally wearing a murloc costume in most of the kill screenshots.

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 46
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 7/4/2008 10:27:54 PM   
FlangeBags

"I am Murloc!"
Unusually optimistic guild name as well.

Did a proper noob thing yesterday - bumped into some random guy in Nagrand and we ended up trying to do the Ring of Blood.  Goes without saying that we got our asses handed to us.
Eventually we managed to get enough people to actually do it.  All good, very satisfying and so on.
Wasn't until the group was disbanding that I realised that I'd forgotten to complete the 2nd last part of the quest line (I got distracted by something) so I couldn't complete the final stage!  I didn't have the bottle to ask everyone to come back and do the final guy again (Mogor or something) so the questline remains incomplete!
D'oh, etc...

If anyone has any friends on Agamaggan on the Horde side who are thinking of doing the Ring of Blood, give me a shout.

(in reply to Captain Trips)
Post #: 47
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 8/4/2008 8:18:35 AM   
DMC4

Lvl 63 now with around 150k xp to go to 64 but I have completely run out of quests somehow, so I have to grind all that xp, which will take frickin ages

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 48
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 8/4/2008 10:45:51 AM   
DMC4

Just did blood furnace dungeon, 100,000xp in just over an hour!
64 and Nagrand here I come

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 49
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 8/4/2008 11:06:02 AM   
James2183

WoW at 8 in the morning? Oh, my 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 50
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 8/4/2008 11:17:54 AM   
DMC4

In my defence it was more like 9

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 51
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 8/4/2008 9:39:44 PM   
FlangeBags

9 o clock in the morning!
There are probably support groups you could join

I don't know whether to feel admiration, envy or pity!  Probably a combination of all three.

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 52
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 9/4/2008 4:16:18 PM   
DMC4

Lvl 65 now. Yay me!

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 53
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 10/4/2008 10:57:41 AM   
DMC4

Got to lvl 65 and realised I have no professions so I picked up tailoring (and skinning)
Is this a good choice?

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 54
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 11/4/2008 8:42:16 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

How did you get to 65 without any proffesions? How do you make money? Tailoring and skinning is okay. Tailoring will help you because you can make some nice items. Skinning is just a gathering profession, but one you should be able to make decent money from.

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 55
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 11/4/2008 9:00:57 AM   
DMC4

I had just used the money from selling loot and quest rewards etc

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 56
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 11/4/2008 9:35:36 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: DMC4

I had just used the money from selling loot and quest rewards etc

So you got enough for your flying mount?

horribleives

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 57
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 11/4/2008 10:57:23 AM   
DMC4

Hell no

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 58
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 13/4/2008 1:26:43 AM   
DMC4

Had a break yesterday! lol
Lvl 67 now and lvl 351 on tailoring

< Message edited by DMC4 -- 13/4/2008 1:27:17 AM >

George - Greys Anatomy

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 59
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 - 13/4/2008 7:25:40 PM   
Captain Trips

Tailoring is an ace profession as a shadow priest - the Frozen Shadowweave set is better than tier 4 epics, and will last you well into the Tier 5 content if you go that far. There are also some nice BoE tailoeing patterns which can net you a tidy crafting fee for players.

I would dump skinning though - as a gathering profession it is the weakest to earn you money, and you only really need the materials you gather as a rogue, druid, hunter or shaman - if you want a gathering profession which has good use for your class then I would recommend herbalism, as you can both sell the herbs you gather as well as use them for flasks, potions and elixirs at endgame.

I hope this is of some help.

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI