Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 chat

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 chat Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 chat - 11/3/2008 7:39:32 PM   
DMC4

I looked and could not find a WoW thread so I thought I'd start one.
Anyone still play? Who's looking forward to the new expansion pack?

I only started playing properly a few weeks ago and I have an alliance priest at level 39 in hellfire realm not far off getting to 40 and buying a mount

< Message edited by DMC4 -- 25/3/2008 9:52:57 PM >

"She's trying to act all sexy and dirty which in a fantasy is great, but in reality you just want to say, Izzie, just because you can do that with your legs doesn't mean you should."
George - Greys Anatomy
Post #: 1
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 11/3/2008 8:13:14 PM   
FlangeBags

Welcome!
There have been a couple of WoW based threads but they do have a slight tendency to vanish without trace after a couple of days.

Oh yeah, and, er, For the Horde, etc...

My homepage - http://allendonnelly.squarespace.com/

My debut novel, BUY IT (please)! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Eyes-ebook/dp/B005ZJ56GY

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 2
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 1:57:08 AM   
ilovebeerme

The old screenshots thread ran for ages.  The thing with WoW threads is that people that play WoW tend to be too busy playing WoW to post in them. 

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 3
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 2:18:41 AM   
dracovir

I played almost religously for the first few years, lost interest not long after TBC came along, then my motherboard self destructed forcing me to take a few weeks' break until I could sort a new rig.  Since then I've not been game for it, my guild had moved on (migrated without contacting me) despite me haivng main tanked them through a lot of the vanilla-WoW raid content.  I cancelled in September, but returned in January to help along some family members, who have since rerolled or quit, so my account ends (again) in a few weeks.

It's a great game, dangerously addictive, and in the first months (before the honor patch) it was pure bliss to play.  However, I've been a major fan of the franchise since the very first game, and I do not like the systematic destruction of the lore.  I will probably not look at WotLK, as I just can't bear to see Arthas reduced to a purple lettered loot-bag in the way that Illidan was   He is gaming's closest equivalent to Anakin / Darth Vader in terms of hero rising then falling to the Dark Side.

Was great while it lasted, and despite only playing Humans for the first year, I'm big on Orcs nowadays, so For The Horde!

...Oh, and no, you can't have my stuff   (I might get talked back into rejoining the game at a later date...)

Medals don't help me sleep at night...

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 4
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 5:08:11 AM   
ilovebeerme

I gave away almost all my stuff when I quit.  That included about 4000g and about another 5000g worth of reagents, metals, potions etc.  That's a lot of wasted time right there .  I didn't nuke my stuff though.  Just couldn't do it.

Your guild emigrating without contacting you is harsh!  That's gratitude for all those high MC and BWL repair bills, eh?  Swine.

I think that's me done for good now too.  The worst ting about it (only bad thing really aside form general amount of time invested) was that I didn't look at any other games for over 30 months.  Playing anything that wasn't WoW just seemed like a waste of game time.  That's pretty sad considing how many other good games are out there......just not as good as WoW.  See!!!  Dammit.

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 5
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 8:36:44 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I'm a level 70 Warlock and have just started raiding kara, although as a guild we need to get our DPS up a lot as couldn't really take on the Curator last night. Re-set last night so need to start it all over again. Got really bored with it when I hit 70 until we started doing the real end game raiding which is just excellent. Well worth waiting around for, you need a good guild though. People to help you because getting instance groups together is a nightmare.

As a true warcraft fan, I dream about fighting Zul'jin. So want to go to Zul'Aman soon. "I got axe for you".

Should be good seeing ROTLK although I know it upsets alot of people because suddenly all your gear becomes redundant.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 6
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 10:28:47 AM   
jeemer

I need to cancel my wow account. stat. Don't want to pay for something I don't play at all.

I got a new desktop pc late last year after only using a laptop for about 3 years, and I was going through some really bad shit in real life, so I was using wow as an escape from that when I could. I was absolutely hooked.

I was the same with Diablo years and years ago, and when I got hex editing software for it and started making my own uberpwn items it just took all the fun out of the game for me. On remembering this, I intentionally did this then with wow, looked up a youtube video of someone on a private server instantly levelling themself to 70 and getting a full epic set etc within a few seconds. After seeing it i was just like "oh yeah.. thats pretty much all you play it for, levelling and items" and i haven't even loaded it up since, for about 2 months now... I was keeping my account alive because my mate who is now basically housebound was going to get a copy, and I was going to help him level up a bit, but his computer has kicked the bucket, so it's looking unlikely in the near future.

I had a few toons, mostly on aerie peak. My main was a level 52 nelf hunter called Icharon.

Now I'm too addicted to tf2 to play anything else, haven't even played through much bioshock :/

< Message edited by jeemer -- 12/3/2008 10:30:02 AM >

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 7
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 10:39:10 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

See it's all different when you hit level 70 and are into the big 10 man and 25 man raids. It's exciting and challenging. Such a different game from running around the barrens grinding the little pig men. It's nice when people complement you on your strategy and the way you play the character.

Best thing about Warlocks is they have so many options. Such a great class.

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to jeemer)
Post #: 8
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 11:47:05 AM   
FlangeBags

Nurf worlockzzz!!11!!1
Tehy are liek soooo OP
Gief drood buff etc...

Only kidding.  Strange how the barely literate leet speak leeches into your mind.

Fear the Boomkin!!!

My debut novel, BUY IT (please)! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Eyes-ebook/dp/B005ZJ56GY

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 9
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 3:36:36 PM   
jeemer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

See it's all different when you hit level 70 and are into the big 10 man and 25 man raids. It's exciting and challenging. Such a different game from running around the barrens grinding the little pig men.

Yeah you go ahead and try and excuse your addiction!! :D

I dunno, even at those levels, why are you raiding? It just comes down to boss fights and hoping for epics and whatnot.

I'm just loving having multiplayer online fps' back. I can use different strategies and work as part of a team in tf2. And if I want to change character class I can change to one of an equal ability level at the click of a button, without having to spend days/weeks quest grinding to get myself up to an acceptable level.

Don't mind me, I'm just excusing my own addiction here!

Post #: 10
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 3:48:26 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlangeBags

Nurf worlockzzz!!11!!1
Tehy are liek soooo OP
Gief drood buff etc...

QQ. Lock ftw.

horribleives

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 11
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 4:41:41 PM   
DMC4

i got my first mount! yay!!

"She's trying to act all sexy and dirty which in a fantasy is great, but in reality you just want to say, Izzie, just because you can do that with your legs doesn't mean you should."
George - Greys Anatomy

Post #: 12
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 5:00:18 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: DMC4

i got my first mount! yay!!

Much better than walking ain't it?

horribleives

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 13
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 6:39:41 PM   
DMC4

it sure is

George - Greys Anatomy

Post #: 14
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 12/3/2008 10:11:16 PM   
ilovebeerme

I still check my guild website a bit and they are all just heading to Mount Hyjal and Balck Temple.  All this WoW talk has me itching to join them.....which is why I left the game in the UK  .

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 15
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 13/3/2008 1:51:22 PM   
Captain Trips

I envy anyone playing through WoW for the first time - it is absolutely amazing. I do feel sorry for you in the sense that you will unlikely ever get to see the likes of Molten core and Blackwing Lair however - the latter in particular was a masterclass in dungeon design.

My guild is currently working on Lady Vashj, and have her at phase 3, so we do anticipate killing her next week. My main character is still "Trips" - a level 70 holy priest with mostly tier 5 quality gear:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Trips

I have also taken a renewed interest in PvP lately, haivng formed a 3v3 team with my guildmates, and participating in the odd pre-made battleground with them after raids.

I would recommend WoW to anyone asking for a good PC game - it has an atmosphere and polish that most games dream of, and despite the subscription fee has SAVED me money on games over the past 3 years. It probably has contributed to the decline of the PC industry by effectively monopolising it, though

Post #: 16
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 13/3/2008 4:22:32 PM   
James2183

Quick question regarding the monthly fee. How much is it? The reason I ask is because WoW is currently selling at 8 in GAME and if it's possible to keep your character after you uninstall the game or something, then surely it would be cheaper to just keep buying the game instead of the monthly fee? 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Captain Trips)
Post #: 17
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 13/3/2008 5:45:41 PM   
Captain Trips

Buying the game gets you a CD key, which is used to create an account, and comes with one month free. After this month it costs a further 8.99 a month to play. It isn't possible to play the game offline, and the character you create is tied to your account at all times - if, for example you buy a new copy of the game every month, the CD key you use will be tied to a fresh account with no characters, and you will be starting over.

There is a free trial offer available on the WoW website:

http://teaser.wow-europe.com/

This includes a download of the full original (non-expansion) WoW client, and allows you to level to 20. Only restrictions that are in place are that you cannot use the mail or auction system, and you can only whisper players who have you on their friend's list. If you take it up, let me know - if you make a character on Turalyon I will level a new character to 20 with you and add you to my friend's list.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 18
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 13/3/2008 10:48:55 PM   
FlangeBags

It's definitely worth having a go on the trial.  If you can't be arsed to download it (which might take awhile), if you've got a friend who's got it they can lend you the discs and a trial key (lasts 10 days if memory serves).
A word of warning though, once you start it's very hard to stop - I've heard it called World of Warcrack before.

And roll a Horde character - they're far cooler...

Trips - what's levelling a Priest like?  Been thinking of starting one at some point.

(in reply to Captain Trips)
Post #: 19
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 14/3/2008 6:01:31 AM   
ilovebeerme

Level as shadow. Levelling a holy priest is like pulling teeth.

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 20
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 14/3/2008 6:45:21 AM   
DMC4

i tend to agree, it is a nightmare levelling a priest, it is taking me ages
i am lvl 41 now though

George - Greys Anatomy

Post #: 21
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 14/3/2008 8:35:40 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

You need a warlock. You get to curse people and then walk away from them as they slowly die behind you.

horribleives

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 22
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 14/3/2008 10:59:29 AM   
Figures

quote:

ORIGINAL: DMC4

i tend to agree, it is a nightmare levelling a priest, it is taking me ages
i am lvl 41 now though

The 40s can be tough... but  levelling a priest, especially as a Holy Speced one, everyone knows that it's a bit like  completing the game on the hardest difficulty

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 23
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 14/3/2008 1:22:27 PM   
jeemer

I also wanted to say - even if you don't like/know south park (i've only seen a handful of episodes myself) - get a hold of Make Love, Not Warcraft. It's a great episode if you're a wow addict. Probably available on all those dodgy streaming video sites around.

(in reply to DMC4)
Post #: 24
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 14/3/2008 1:45:55 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovebeerme

All this WoW talk has me itching to join them.....which is why I left the game in the UK  .

I think the same thing every time one of these threads crops up!

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

Post #: 25
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 14/3/2008 9:10:39 PM   
FlangeBags

quote:

Aye, it was always going to be shadow, I'm not altruistic enough to be a dedicated healer (hence my druid's a boomkin instead of a tree).
Warlock has never interested me, just can't be bothered with pets - got a hunter to 26 and have more or less given up on it.  Soo boring.  Send pet to attack, stand there like a lemon shooting arrows, repeat until will to live has completely gone.  Might pick it up again later at some point...
Guess a warlock isn't quite so bad - no pet feeding or needing to buy ammo every couple of hours.

Post #: 26
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 14/3/2008 9:42:09 PM   
dracovir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

I'm a level 70 Warlock and have just started raiding kara, although as a guild we need to get our DPS up a lot as couldn't really take on the Curator last night. Re-set last night so need to start it all over again. Got really bored with it when I hit 70 until we started doing the real end game raiding which is just excellent. Well worth waiting around for, you need a good guild though. People to help you because getting instance groups together is a nightmare.

As a true warcraft fan, I dream about fighting Zul'jin. So want to go to Zul'Aman soon. "I got axe for you".

Should be good seeing ROTLK although I know it upsets alot of people because suddenly all your gear becomes redundant.

Before me PC died, and before my old raiding guild migrated away, the furthest I'd been was a 2% (two effing percent) wipe on Prince whatsisname in upper Kara.  Curater was easy, the other bosses tougher to learn but once you got em, they were piece of piss.  We had done a few test runs against those 5 bosses at the start of Gruul's Lair, but the peeps we had in the guild at that time were too impatient to deal with mass wipings when learning the content (repair bills aside, that was most fun for me).

I loved tanking, but since I havent played my Orc Warrior (the coollest race/class combo in the game bar none) I got a little rusty and cannot be bothered to sort out me macros again (lost them when I got me new pc).  I also deliberately made the cahracter a pain to level - he was prot specced since level 10, only once went to a different spec (the free respec everyone had in the last patch before TBC launched) to use some MS, and hated it - although, I still had to MT instances as I was the only one with the fire resistance, MS tanking Onyxia then was sheer fun haha.

FYI: Get as many of the dps and healing raid members in as much of the Scryer crafted Arcane Res sets and Curater should be easy (the MT does not need it much as (s)he will not be taking too much of that type of damage at all - I did it with only the four Enchanted Adamantium Plate items).  If your MT hasn't yet, get him to loot Moroes' Pocket Watch next time it drops, for the Prince - he will need at least 25% chance to dodge on top of a total 25% chance to block/parry (and make sure it is a shield wearing tank, unfortunately it is very hard for Druids) for Prince when he hits phase 2 of the encounter.  Kara is one of my fave raids, very fast paced, not much time for downtime.

Aah, this takes me back.  I'm still tempted to launch wow.exe again now

I wonder, just for fun, should us forumites try rolling on a server together, just for the fun?  Level 1 raids on Elwynn Forest's true god, Hogger, are really really fun

Post #: 27
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 14/3/2008 9:46:30 PM   
dracovir

quote:

Holy/disc (especially disc) is atm far more viable and easy, if not OP, than shadow, even for levelling.  Devs, gief shadowpriest some lurv!  Pure Holy is a bitch to lvl with.

(Dammit why, when in the context of WoW, must I descend into typing like I'm on the dreadful minefield that are the wow-europe forums?)

Post #: 28
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 15/3/2008 11:42:34 AM   
FlangeBags

quote:

ORIGINAL: dracovir

quote:

Holy/disc (especially disc) is atm far more viable and easy, if not OP, than shadow, even for levelling.  Devs, gief shadowpriest some lurv!  Pure Holy is a bitch to lvl with.

(Dammit why, when in the context of WoW, must I descend into typing like I'm on the dreadful minefield that are the wow-europe forums?)

I love those foums.  Endlessly entertaining!  Never has the English language been given such a kicking as the one it regularly receives on there.

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 29
RE: WoW - World of Warcraft discussion - 15/3/2008 12:02:28 PM   
dracovir

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlangeBags

quote:

ORIGINAL: dracovir

quote:

I love those foums.  Endlessly entertaining!  Never has the English language been given such a kicking as the one it regularly receives on there.

I'm browsing them now.  I love the whine posts about everything and anything.  It somehow makes me feel superior  (and is another reason why I prefer these boards at Empire, the differences in maturity is staggering).  Some people cannot grasp the concept of RockPaperScissors sometimes!

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> WoW - World of Warcraft patch 2.4 chat Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI