Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

sounds crazy, and may never happen...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> sounds crazy, and may never happen... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sounds crazy, and may never happen... - 11/3/2008 9:28:26 PM   
spaceghostc2c

but i would love to see a movie ot television adaption of Red Sun. Remember that one? where superman was born in Ukraine? I absolutely loved it. Its one of the best superman comics ever, and would look great on screen. Needs a good russian or ukranian actor though.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Yay! - 11/3/2008 9:36:49 PM   
Flanboy

I seem to be one of the few people who actually thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated Supes Returns,,, and I can say that I'm thrilled by the news. Singer = Awesome.
Mr B Routh better be returning though.

Post #: 32
- 11/3/2008 9:39:00 PM   
Rizey

Sorry, but the last time I checked, stopping a plane from crashing, saving a city from an earthquake, pulling a boat out of the sea and chucking a huge hunk o' kryptonite-infused rock into space pretty much qualified for the label of ''Action''.

Post #: 33
I love superman - 11/3/2008 9:54:10 PM   
Ghetto Jen

I want his babies.

Bring him back!

Post #: 34
Yay!!! - 11/3/2008 10:01:52 PM   
RASHLING

Thank god!! The world makes sense again! I heart bryan singer.

Post #: 35
RE: - 11/3/2008 10:11:15 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rizey

Sorry, but the last time I checked, stopping a plane from crashing, saving a city from an earthquake, pulling a boat out of the sea and chucking a huge hunk o' kryptonite-infused rock into space pretty much qualified for the label of ''Action''.

Sure if you want to define "lifting increasingly heavy objects" as action...

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rizey)
Post #: 36
- 11/3/2008 10:25:58 PM   
The Lensman

news that made me cry in joy!

Post #: 37
Superman Returns - 11/3/2008 10:28:44 PM   
leighkbrown

apart from a few action parts, superman returns was one of the most disapointing films of all time. a sequel should never happen they should start from scratch. And make superman Super again

Post #: 38
- 11/3/2008 10:31:46 PM   
LeighVenus

fantastic film, for my money its easily in the upper tier of comic book films. Roll on part two...or is it part three, or six

Post #: 39
400 million /? - 11/3/2008 10:34:14 PM   
mserpico88

400 million ??? that's worldwide gross Mr Singer. anyhow , I'm looking forward to the next one.. the first one was -- well , i didn't think the first one was as good as it could have been. I mean geeezz the budget was kindaa highh . topped 200 mil i believe and action films tend to do better than that.

Post #: 40
YES!! - 11/3/2008 10:34:22 PM   
Gabriel

Look at the huge, enormous, astronomical leap in quality Singer achieved between X-Men 1 & 2. Now imagine that transferred to Superman Returns (loving the praise for that film here in the forum btw). Anyone else just get a boner?

Post #: 41
RE: Superman Returns - 11/3/2008 10:34:54 PM   
mackey

I really liked Superman Returns and felt it was the perfect re-introduction of the character and I didn't feel it lacked action at all.  I suppose people want balls to the wall action these days but I find it's usaully at the expense of story and character, such as the abomindable Transformers or bloated Spidey 3.  Can't wait to see what Singer does with it next. 

I know that look; it's the same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

(in reply to leighkbrown)
Post #: 42
- 11/3/2008 10:36:41 PM   
LeighVenus

fantastic film, for my money its easily in the upper tier of comic book films. Roll on part two...or is it part three, or six

Post #: 43
WE WANT ACTION WE WANT ACTION!! - 11/3/2008 10:38:35 PM   
HarryHavoc

To be honest, without the focus on Lane and supes this film would've been shite even if it had "more action"

I enjoyed this movie, Superman never really showed me much reason to go and spend some pennies on his comics.

This is good news along as the action isnt too much, Get bored of mindless explotions in blockbusters.

:):)

Post #: 44
SUPER NEWS MAN !!!! - 11/3/2008 10:43:35 PM   
boredbluekoala

BRYAN SINGER'S Superman Returns (as I've said before) was THE best film af 2006, and reading now that he WILL be doing the sequel is the best news I've heard this year. Ease-up on the negative folks, Singer really understands Superman, and NO other director is going to make a film with as much heart as he will.

Post #: 45
Great News!!!!!!!!!! - 11/3/2008 10:44:14 PM   
Navin

Tank god Warner bros are still focusing on this film, anyway I should say introduce either Brainiac, Mettalo, Mongol or ressurect Zod(Jude Law maybe) but Superman Return did not deserve criticism for not alot of action sequences (there are some but ppl are ignorent) , Singer needed to reintroduce the character back into our screen from a 19 year absence which he did succesfully and he will contine to do well, I have alot of faith in Bryan Singer!

Post #: 46
Super baby - 11/3/2008 10:50:44 PM   
shay007

The whole super baby hybrid thing??? I enjoyed the movie up to that bit. Seroiusly, how can we take a sequel seriously with this particular thread of the storyline in tow...more like The Incredibles part 2!! What will he do, stamp out bullying in his school? Play all the parts in the Nativity play? Win the spelling bee in super fast time??

Post #: 47
No Luther real estate.. - 11/3/2008 10:50:50 PM   
EVIL BSTD

If they ditch the pathetic plots of luther trying to make money in real estate and actually try to make sense rather than supes crappy 5 year trip into space,come on what the hell was that about.

Post #: 48
- 11/3/2008 10:50:57 PM   
LeighVenus

Post #: 49
Superman Should Return.... the Kid should NOT - 11/3/2008 11:10:28 PM   
jbar7406

This was one of the best looking comic films ever. Singer directed with style and a sense of the enormous history of Superman but the whole thing was mired by the introduction of the kid. I just hope the sequels can sufficiently move around that awful [major] subplot.

Post #: 50
Superman: The Wrath of Zod - 11/3/2008 11:13:20 PM   
Cameron1975Williams

...Or whatever the title ends up being, I've heard that the sequel will resemble Wrath of Khan in plot. That is the perfect film to use as a template. The first teaser for Superman Returns gave me goosebumps when I heard Brando's voice.  So, my only request for the sequel is more Brando!

< Message edited by Cameron1975Williams -- 11/3/2008 11:15:34 PM >

Post #: 51
DOOMSDAY - 11/3/2008 11:25:51 PM   
superseany2

come on give superman a real fight one that will make me be pushed to the limits or even to his death, lets get lex bak on track to kill superman bring in BRANIAC, ZOD, or even last resort Bizzaro

Post #: 52
- 11/3/2008 11:32:57 PM   
Tenacious P

Bring in some Brainiac take out some Kate Bosworth. Superman Returns was fantastic apart from her. Her Lois came across as a wet fish! I think maybe Jennifer Morrison from TV's House MD would be a good replacement, she has tenacity & can be pretty balsy just like Lois Lane shold be. Then up the action ante and Bob's your uncle. Roll on Man of Steel!!!

Post #: 53
DOOMSDAY - 11/3/2008 11:44:47 PM   
superseany2

come on give superman a real fight one that will make me be pushed to the limits or even to his death, lets get lex bak on track to kill superman bring in BRANIAC, ZOD, or even last resort Bizzaro

Post #: 54
Superman Returns Again. - 12/3/2008 12:31:41 AM   
Alistair

I'm a big fan of Superman Returns, although I can see its many faults plainly.
I was so supportive of the film that Warner Bros contacted me (through the forum) and allowed me a Q&A with the cast and crew and sent me loads of marketing stuff (plus the DVD when it came out).

I'm so glad Singer is returning to Superman. I think we can all safely say that he's going to deliver a Superman film that many fans have been waiting for, for a long time indeed.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to superseany2)
Post #: 55
Hell yeah! - 12/3/2008 12:34:54 AM   
thepluginbaby

I love Superman and I loved Superman Returns. Hell yeah I'd like to see Singer to a sequel. There maybe only so much you can do with an invincible flying man in a red cape, but its Superman! c'moooooooooooon!

Post #: 56
RE: Hell yeah! - 12/3/2008 12:45:25 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Roth was great, hope he returns. I hope they recast Lois, Bosworth is fine but she just wasn't right for the role. Also for me personally no Zod, no Luthor and instead let's see some of the other villains coming into the series.

Singer had a good eye and Supes Returns was a lovely looking film but it was also self indulgent on Singer's part. This is why Im surprised he is back as rumor has it there have been words behind the scenes at WB and Singer has been set some rules by the studio for the new film hence the new writing team.

I lost a bit of respect for the guy when he stated the reason Returns was underwhelming for some was because he had to establish the characters and universe. Right mate yeah, 60 odd years of comics, tv shows, movies and cartoons.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 57
Go for it... - 12/3/2008 1:38:12 AM   
Kenesu

Yes. I'd love to see another go with Routh and Singer. Superman just needs somebody he can hit, is all. Ignore the kid, maybe recast Lois and the sequel should rock. Seriously, Parker Posey seemed like she would have made a better Lois Lane than Kate Bosworth. I can live with Kate staying on, but if they decide to slip somebody else in, I won't compalin.

Post #: 58
Umm..Yes! - 12/3/2008 3:32:22 AM   
ilovereggiee

I think singer and routh would be AWSOME!! Dont get me wrong there was a couple flaws in the first film, but i think with the action in the second xmen film proves singers ability. If you watch x men one and compare it to x men 2 , the first film was charecter development, and the second film was action packed. One thing i dont understand is how singer contradicts himself, while making superman returns , he said he didnt want to establish charecters and orgins of superman because evryone already knows who he is and what hes about, but in his recent interview he claims the first film was just based on charecter devlopment.

Post #: 59
Bring On Doomsday!!! - 12/3/2008 4:31:20 AM   
datdudecalvin

the next Superman movie can be whatever but i think it should end with Doomsday. what i mean by that is....you know how in the comic Doomsday is buried underground but he punches his way to the surface, well the last 3 to 5 minutes of the next Superman movie could feature the screen going black and the words come on the screen saying "Several Hundred Miles Away..." then an image of an empty field and a lone tree pops on screen. and the camera does the CSI zoom thingy where it goes all x-ray. well the cam does that and goes underground to show the glare of two red eyes,,,,,and thats the end of that.....and we all know what comes next. this idea opens the door for spin-offs (Superboy, Supergirl, Fire & Ice, a WAY BETTER Steel movie....which is good because of the new Iron Man movie coming out) and i just think it'll be pretty awesome to finally see the epic battle of good and evil!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> sounds crazy, and may never happen... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI