Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/4/2008 12:20:26 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Terminator 3 was a bloody cash in on Terminator 2. Sure SCC don't have the budget or director to fit in nicely with the first two movies but at least they done something different for a change. The show wasn't great but pretty good.

Terminator 3 is a complete copy of Terminator 2 but dumb down, shorter, less action, stupid acting and so on. The only bit that is different is the nukes went off and to be honest I didn't really know or care 3 billion people got nuked at the end. They made the whole thing into a joke but when something tragic happen, no one give a shit.

Terminator 4 should of been Terminator 3, or a prequel to the original two films.
Well lets face it,by that reckoning,every sequel made to any successful movie is a cash in.TSCC doesnt do anything different tothe latter two movies since it follows the same basic plot(Terminator sent to kill John,good terminator sent to protect him,Sarah and/or John and good Terminator try to prevent Judgment day).The only different thing they have done is have lame high school humour to appeal to the O.C audience.

And if what you want ''stupid acting'',look no furher than the guy(s) who play Kromarti.The guy whos playing him now apparently thinks hes doing an SNL sketch,whereas the guy from the pilot was doing a bad Arnie impersonation.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 91
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/4/2008 12:40:42 PM   
The REAL Bozz

What are you on about?

Have you ever even seen the OC? The humor in this show if nothing like The OC. Yes John and Cameron are in school and in total out of the whole season thus far the time spent at the school would add to about 15 min tops. Also most of that is plot driven and has no humor at all. I swear some times people just toss about blanket statements.

The show has no other themes than Terminator the movie? Get real. Sky Net sends robots back to infiltrate and observe, not just to simply kill. Its a wide expansion of the mythology of the show. More emphasis is spent of the fact these robots are machines first and foremost. The whole idea of the Turk is a now the maguffin for the show and is the potential threat they have to disolve before Sky Net uses it to become active.

As for the show not being action packed well good. T2 wasn't action packed, in fact there are some lenghty secenes in that film and it's the same here. When the action does kick off its gret and harks back to the gritty tone of Terminator.

Ive said countless times Silas, I aint getting in a pissing contest over which is better T3 or the show but I can't sit here and just let you write out bull shit generalisations.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 92
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/4/2008 12:58:25 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

What are you on about?

Have you ever even seen the OC? The humor in this show if nothing like The OC. Yes John and Cameron are in school and in total out of the whole season thus far the time spent at the school would add to about 15 min tops. Also most of that is plot driven and has no humor at all. I swear some times people just toss about blanket statements.

The show has no other themes than Terminator the movie? Get real. Sky Net sends robots back to infiltrate and observe, not just to simply kill. Its a wide expansion of the mythology of the show. More emphasis is spent of the fact these robots are machines first and foremost. The whole idea of the Turk is a now the maguffin for the show and is the potential threat they have to disolve before Sky Net uses it to become active.

As for the show not being action packed well good. T2 wasn't action packed, in fact there are some lenghty secenes in that film and it's the same here. When the action does kick off its gret and harks back to the gritty tone of Terminator.

Ive said countless times Silas, I aint getting in a pissing contest over which is better T3 or the show but I can't sit here and just let you write out bull shit generalisations.
Calm down Bozz.This is a forum.One for offering different viewpoints.Not a ''pissing contest''.You like TSCC.Thats fine.I dont like the show.Accept it.Dont take it personally

T2 is one of the greatest action movies ever made.How can you say its not action packed?As for the ''action'' in TSCC harking back to the ''gritty tone of Terminator'',i dont remember Arnie killing a bunch of cops OFFSCREEN AND CHUCKING THEM INTO A SWIMMING POOL SCOREDTO JOHNNY CASH MUSIC!

If the show was really gritty like the original movie,it would have had the terminator rip those guys apart with gunfire and the cyborg wouldnt have been played by such camp actors.Need i remind you ''Class dismissed''?

And please dont get me started on the idea of Terminators that can get jiggy with the ladies!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 93
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/4/2008 1:05:35 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Silas Im not ! fumeing bud (Thats the problem with forums you prob pictured me bashing my reply into the keyboard!

Im just debatein mate! Come on though Silas you are on a pure hate campaign over the show though! Anyway dude best leave here but I'll throw down on the TV show thread mate!!! Taking this thread a bit OT.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 94
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/4/2008 1:09:59 PM   
darth silas

Agreed.Im happy to continue TSCC bashing over on the tv thread.

Post #: 95
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 21/4/2008 9:47:52 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Moon Bloodgood has been cast as Lt Blair in the new film. (It hasnt shut down)

She is a pilot for the resistance and is rumored to have romantic links with Connor. She will also be the female lead for the new films. The new films are meant to be male heavy and from what I understand she'll actually be the only featured female character. (Kathryn Brwester's fate I believe will be addressed with a line or two from John and may mention illness and er....death. Good riddence).

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 96
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 21/4/2008 1:01:16 PM   
darth silas

quote:

She is a pilot for the resistance and is rumored to have romantic links with Connor. She will also be the female lead for the new films. The new films are meant to be male heavy and from what I understand she'll actually be the only featured female character. (Kathryn Brwester's fate I believe will be addressed with a line or two from John and may mention illness and er....death. Good riddence).
AWW..Thats a pity.I liked Katherine brewster.Hang on a sec,didnt the Terminator say to Katherine in T3 that he killed John connor and Brewster reprogrammed him and sent him back to protect John? This is supported by The T3 game that i played on my PS2 at the time which had a cut scene of Terminator killing John and Brewster reluctantly sending the cyborg on a new mission.

Dammit i hate it whe they dont respect continuity!

Post #: 97
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 23/4/2008 12:59:37 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

Better yet Terminated.

Post #: 98
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 23/4/2008 1:31:25 PM   
kumar

y
quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

AWW..Thats a pity.I liked Katherine brewster.Hang on a sec,didnt the Terminator say to Katherine in T3 that he killed John connor and Brewster repogrammed him and sent him back to protect John? This is supported by The T3 game that i played on my PS2 at the time which had a cut scene of Terminator killing John and Brewster reluctantly sending the cyborg on a new mission.

yeah but you see, the future isnt written yet. isnt that what one of the films said anyway?

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 99
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 23/4/2008 3:38:47 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

And that why most people dislike Terminator 3.

Post #: 100
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 23/4/2008 5:11:31 PM   
darth silas

quote:

quote:

And why most people dislike TSCC.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 101
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 23/4/2008 10:06:00 PM   
Tech_Noir

Why does there have to be a love interest? Surely there are other areas of drama in a story about a post nuclear holocaust world with soul-less machines trying to wipe out what's left of the species.

I still wish the Terminator series kept John Connor in the shadows like the original, there was so much mystery around him in the original, now we've seen him as a Bart Simpson slacker, a paranoid tranq-addict, a lonely teenager, and now Christian Bale - who will no doubt be a macho action hero of some sort.

Post #: 102
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 23/4/2008 10:13:46 PM   
Biggus

quote:

quote:

How does T3 disrespect continuity? It's no more guilty than T2 in that department.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 103
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 24/4/2008 3:52:41 PM   
shool

Michael Biehn should have played John connor too.

I'm actually looking forward to this, but hope that McG can add some more depth and atmosphere than his recent (TV) direction has shown.

Its all been a bit light and fluffy the stuff I've seen.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 104
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 24/4/2008 4:22:45 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

A Michael Biehn voice-over in a Kyle Reese story is what I'd prefer. 

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 105
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 24/4/2008 4:39:26 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

A Michael Biehn voice-over in a Kyle Reese story is what I'd prefer. 

Yup that would also be good.

I just hope he captures the desperation and darkness of what the apocolyptic environment should be like, with the resistance rising from the ashes under the great shadowy leader.

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 106
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 14/5/2008 7:42:40 PM   
Ghidorah

3 questions

1st. Skynet would need labour to crate factories and machines to gather resources etc so how did it get to this pass stage? They would need people and this explain work camps in Terminator 1. They must had machines under skynet control to force people to create the foundation of Skynet true independence. So how did it get to this stage after Terminator 3. All the machines in the 3rd film was controlled by the TX and not skynet.

2nd. In the 3rd film Skynet is now through every working computer so is it unstopable? If the resistance does beat the base the of operation then it is a good chance skynet will remain in every effected computers. So skynet may be able to rebuild itself and pop up again or spring back to life when mankind start using technology again.

3rd. Skynet would take a while to pop up on it feet so how the resistance take down skynet when it is very weak. John Connor now has the army on his side when in the previous film settings, he had prisoners to fight skynet.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 107
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 14/5/2008 7:46:01 PM   
Tech_Noir

I think you're reading too much into that Terminator spoof from 2003.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 108
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 17/5/2008 6:25:58 PM   
IsabelB

this film seems rather pointless, as they're never going to get arnold seeing as he's like, 156 years old and any other actor playing the terminator will be crap. hope it isnt like T3 as that was shit

(in reply to Dark Knight 84)
Post #: 109
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2008 3:55:12 PM   
dougall78

Just heard on BBC Radio 1 News that it has been announced in Cannes that there will be 3 - yes THREE - more Terminator films. The mind boggles at just how they are going to manage to stretch out the franchise beyond TS:TFB.......?

(in reply to IsabelB)
Post #: 110
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2008 4:09:16 PM   
Heskin Radiophonic

AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! If they make any more they'll have to call one Carry On Terminating.

Heskin Radiophonic - Wait For No Man
new ep free download

(in reply to dougall78)
Post #: 111
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2008 4:12:17 PM   
Timon

I think that if they continue with John Connor, the story is going to get convulted and watered down.

The man should never really be seen as he's more of a Messiah character than anything else - how does he defeat Skynet? It should be kept a mystery. If he simply has the plan to 'run, hit and hide', then that's pathetic that no-one else could think of that.

I agree with Tech, Reese spin off story is needed - growing up in the ruins of LA (we'll leave the Sarah Connor Chronicles revised timeline to the small screen) and his time in the prison camps to joining Tech-Com. The less we see of Connor, the better - storywise.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Heskin Radiophonic)
Post #: 112
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2008 4:50:09 PM   
Leeorami 2.0

Found this on BBC news. Dunno ive someone has already posted it but her eit is anyway:

Christian Bale is to play rebel leader John Connor in three sequels to the Terminator franchise, its producers have revealed.

The Welsh-born star, who is soon to be seen in Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight, has already started shooting the first of those films, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins.
"He's really an actor's actor, so we're very proud," said Victor Kubicek of film company Halcyon.
Charlie's Angels director McG is directing the new film, which is due to be released on 22 May 2009.
Send your questions to the Terminator producers
"Christian was our first choice and he's a big fan of The Terminator, so we're very lucky," Kubicek told the BBC at the Cannes Film Festival.
"But with Batman he's already done the whole franchise thing, so we weren't sure he'd respond."
Luckily, said Kubicek's business partner Derek Anderson, "he read the script and he loved it, so he's signed on for all three."
US rap star Common will also have a lead role in the film, as will Australian actor Sam Worthington, who will soon be seen in Titanic director James Cameron's science-fiction epic Avatar.

[image]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44673000/jpg/_44673771_arnie1_body1ap.jpg[/image]
Schwarzenegger played the Terminator in three blockbuster filmsThe producers would not reveal whether Arnold Schwarzenegger would reprise his role as the Terminator. Nor would they discuss character names or plot details.
"We can't talk about the story points at all," said Kubicek, adding the project was being kept strictly under wraps.
"Not everyone gets to see the script. They only see the part of the script that's relevant to the job they're doing."
But the producers promised not to disappoint fans of the time-travelling franchise, which has also spawned TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
"We're both huge Terminator fans and we're just approaching it from the point of view of what we'd like to see," said Anderson.
"Any time we're feeling pressure we just take a step back and say, as fans, 'what would we like to see?'"
Terminator producers Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek will answer your questions about the latest film on 21 May. Send your queries using the form below.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 113
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2008 4:51:50 PM   
Mojo

[image]http://www.schadenfreude.net/upload/2007/08/connor1.jpg[/image]

I think Bale will look awesome as Connor if he's got the same look as this. I agree, he should defnitely be more of a background character. However, i don't think its more of him thinking of some amazing way to defeat Skynet, as much as it is him finding the courage/strength to urge the other humans to rise and fight them.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 114
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 21/5/2008 10:36:16 AM   
CORLEONE

While I'm sure Bale will do a fine job as Connor, I also think he would have made a great Terminator. He's got that whole cold hearted Robert Patrick look...

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 115
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 21/5/2008 11:28:11 AM   
Workshed

This film is going to be bilge.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 116
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 21/5/2008 11:31:12 AM   
shool

I've still got my fingers crossed. If the script is as good as they keep saying then hopefully they can pull this off.

Wont be surprised though if it is indeed bilge.

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 117
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 24/5/2008 10:08:14 AM   
Timon

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45401

I didn't know Jonah Nolan was polishing the script.

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 118
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 24/5/2008 10:18:10 AM   
Chris66

Here's some new concept art
http://www.worstpreviews.com/media.php?id=333&image=0&place=photos&place2=shots

"We just wanted to say we're a big fan of your work. When it comes to killing Nazis... I think you show great talent. And I pride myself on having an eye for that kind of talent. Your status as a Nazi killer is... still amateur. We all come here to see if you wanna go pro... '"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 119
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 24/5/2008 10:34:09 AM   
Rgirvan44

Kate Brewster is in this!

Take that T3 haters!

If that concept art is real then it could look good - although I hope they don't make the sky that Matrix greenish colour - give me blues and blacks.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Chris66)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI