Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 12:25:10 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlackJackBauer

The only review I will look forward to is jim cameron's. Wonder what he will think of TS actualy anyone know what he thought of T3?

He said in an Empire interview that he liked it a lot more than he thought he would have. Considering his views on Alien 3 I don't think he would have held back if he thought it sucked.

I've always thought he might have been a bit kind regarding T3 as best pal Arnie was in it....

Definitely, I refuse to believe he was genuinely OK with T3 but openly hated Alien 3.

I believe his words to Arnie before signing for T3 was "Go ahead, ask for whatever you can get"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 781
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 12:31:04 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

quote:

quote:

The only review I will look forward to is jim cameron's. Wonder what he will think of TS actualy anyone know what he thought of T3?

He said in an Empire interview that he liked it a lot more than he thought he would have. Considering his views on Alien 3 I don't think he would have held back if he thought it sucked.

I've always thought he might have been a bit kind regarding T3 as best pal Arnie was in it....

Definitely, I refuse to believe he was genuinely OK with T3 but openly hated Alien 3.

I believe his words to Arnie before signing for T3 was "Go ahead, ask for whatever you can get"

In one word : Great. There was a small part of me that hoped it wasn't good - but another part of me hope'd it succeeded. And it did. And I'm so glad it did. Jonathon's made a great movie. Arnold's in great form. I really like what he's done with it". If he had done it, would he have handled it differently: "Yes. That's only natural. I mightn't have structrued it the same, nor may I have ended it the same way - but coming in where he has, such a hard thing to do, and I give Jonathan points for it.

I'm not sure if Cameron didn't like it he would have said so much about the film. Seems to me he would have given a sentence, if that.

And sure, he might have been kind because of Arnie, but why then release that quote Tech? He talked about it as a pay check for Arnie while it was being made. Could just be he thought it was a decent movie.

Considering that he still rips on Alien 3, a movie made by the company that is making his new movie, I side on the fact that thinks hes being genuine. Cameron does not strike me as a man who is afraid to tell it like it is.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 782
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 12:37:55 PM   
Tech_Noir

He's probably generous to T3 mainly because of his pal Arnie but also because T3  just rehashed a formula he already repeated in T2.

Alien 3 was a lot braver than T3.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 783
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 12:55:15 PM   
Deviation

Didn't he like AvP also? So screw him, that Titanic making lazy bastard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 784
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 1:01:46 PM   
Tech_Noir

He liked AVP and T3 - the success went to his head.

Same thing happened to Peter Jackson after LOTR, he made three dull overlong films then thought he could make another. He succeeded.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 785
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 1:04:05 PM   
Deviation

Yeah, but that doesn't compare to hating a film for killing two characters you make then like AvfuckingP. Shame on you Cameron.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 786
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 1:23:24 PM   
darth silas

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or maybe he actually enjoyed the heck out of it? And was actually disappointed it didnt suck?

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 787
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 1:36:12 PM   
BlackJackBauer

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas
quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlackJackBauer The only review I will look forward to is jim cameron's. Wonder what he will think of TS actualy anyone know what he thought of T3?
Or maybe he actually enjoyed the heck out of it? And was actually disappointed it didnt suck
I dont believe for a second Cameron enjoyed any of T3. from the forced humor to the shitty story. It was im sure a big ole headache for Jim. On another note where are all the reviews? doesn't it open in America today? Its always a worry when reviews are embargoed till the day of release. Maybe there hiding the shitty ending (not that one)

Ray when someone asks you if you are a god you say YES!

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 788
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 1:52:40 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

where are all the reviews? doesn't it open in America today?
quote:

There are a number of reviews posted on both Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes and it is looking far from good. Again though, McG! Hardly shocking news is it!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to BlackJackBauer)
Post #: 789
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 1:56:40 PM   
pete_traynor

Oooooo, double ouch. These numbers have improved since yesterday but:

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/terminatorsalvation  

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_salvation/

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 790
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 2:09:08 PM   
BlackJackBauer

The reviews are hardly big hitters, mostly yank newspapers. The only reviews i trust are from chud with the odd exception from Empire, As long as it stays somewhat true to the Cameron films ill be happy.

Post #: 791
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 3:57:52 PM   
pete_traynor

Yeah that is the main problem with Rotten Tomatoes; you do get some pretty low key and ransom publications quoted on there, Herne Bay Herald and the like! But Metacritic tends to publish more credible sources. But the overall aesthetic of the movie does not appear to fit with Camerons vision of the post Judgement Day world at all. His was a harrowing, eternally dark nuclear winter. This for some reason (probably explained in some fashion in the actual film Ií sure) is a completely sun drenched world that looks really rather pleasant in comparison.

Post #: 792
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 3:58:05 PM   
Timon

Well Mr Knowles hates it with the fury of a 1000 suns... even more than Wolverine.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41140

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 793
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 3:59:36 PM   
Timon

Oh and I haven't read it apart from his 'summing up' paragraph, so no spoilers.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 794
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:08:27 PM   
Tech_Noir

Just browsed through the review too, luckily no spoilers - looks like Terminator: Salvation is a triumph of advertising and post Dark Knight Bale-ploitation.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 795
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:11:27 PM   
Deviation

Well, this as shocking as the twist of The Sixth Sense, after watching the film for eight time. I mean who was expecting this to be good?

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 796
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:15:23 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

Well Mr Knowles hates it with the fury of a 1000 suns... even more than Wolverine.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41140

Whoa! He is angry

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 797
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:17:08 PM   
Kazuya

"Fuck this movie."

He was none too pleased, huh?

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 798
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:19:53 PM   
Deviation

To be honest, I expected to read a rant of his to be more fun, ala Kermode, it wasn't.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 799
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:24:20 PM   
Kazuya

No, it was poorly written, I agree.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 800
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:25:03 PM   
Mojo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

quote:

quote:

In one word : Great. There was a small part of me that hoped it wasn't good - but another part of me hope'd it succeeded. And it did. And I'm so glad it did. Jonathon's made a great movie. Arnold's in great form. I really like what he's done with it". If he had done it, would he have handled it differently: "Yes. That's only natural. I mightn't have structrued it the same, nor may I have ended it the same way - but coming in where he has, such a hard thing to do, and I give Jonathan points for it.

I'm not sure if Cameron didn't like it he would have said so much about the film. Seems to me he would have given a sentence, if that.

And sure, he might have been kind because of Arnie, but why then release that quote Tech? He talked about it as a pay check for Arnie while it was being made. Could just be he thought it was a decent movie.

Considering that he still rips on Alien 3, a movie made by the company that is making his new movie, I side on the fact that thinks hes being genuine. Cameron does not strike me as a man who is afraid to tell it like it is.

And to be fair he is friends with Sigourney Weaver who put a lot into Alien3 - her first role as producer - and didn't soften his review. I think he just dug T3.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 801
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:25:23 PM   
Deviation

Must have been so angry when he wrote he couldn't even think of what sentences to get out.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 802
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:46:22 PM   
Snake-Eyes

"F**k this Movie" - My thoughts exactly from the day it was concieved. I ain't even gonna waste my hard-earned on seeing this inevitable steaming pile.

Snake-Eyes = Old Skool TERMINATOR fan.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 803
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 4:49:59 PM   
hatebox

Its % on RT is slowly climbing, but I think it's safe to judge how good it is by now: far from as good as it should have been but not a total disaster. I'm almost certain Empire will give it 3 stars. 

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 804
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 5:37:31 PM   
losthighway

Well after reading bits of Harry Knowles reviews it doesn't sound good, but then he concludes by relating it to the disaappointment he felt with Alien Resurrection. I'm sorry but I think Alien 4 is a great film and was unfairly slated by fanboys from before it had even started filming ffs!

So, on that recommendation... I'll go and watch TS myself with an open mind.

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to hatebox)
Post #: 805
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 6:55:58 PM   
BlackJackBauer

Read some of harry knowles old reviews of some classics (Godzilla and twilight) the man is a hack, I'd pay more attention to a review my dog wrote.

Even though he says otherwise, it sounds like he saw the film with the review already written.I bet when the Blu ray comes out all will be forgiven, he will have let go of his geek love of all things cameron and enjoy the flick.

< Message edited by BlackJackBauer -- 20/5/2009 7:01:39 PM >

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 806
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 6:57:42 PM   
morg1138

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

Well after reading bits of Harry Knowles reviews it doesn't sound good, but then he concludes by relating it to the disaappointment he felt with Alien Resurrection. I'm sorry but I think Alien 4 is a great film and was unfairly slated by fanboys from before it had even started filming ffs!

So, on that recommendation... I'll go and watch TS myself with an open mind.

Same here.  I just read half of Harry's review and that guy is a complete nutter.  I really hope people judge seeing a film due to his reviews, crazy, crazy i tell you. 

I am still looking forward to seeing it and if it turns out to be shit then, oh well it's just a movie.

We've got to start thinking beyond our guns. Those days are closin' fast.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 807
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 8:09:40 PM   
ED-209

I don't know if I should mention it here but Total Film have given it 4 stars!

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 808
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 8:23:18 PM   
captainrentboy

I hope no other film fans actually pay a blind bit of attention to fat Harry over on AICN. The guy's a gigantic joke, whose review policies pretty much revolve around this simple equation. No invites to movie set + No freebies + No exclusive interviews = Scathing film attack on release.
I personally couldn't give a shit what the useless Ginge has to say, don't get me wrong there are some fairly talented and trustworthy writers on the site, it's just that he isn't one of them.
I've always thought he was a bit of a cunt since he tried to play it all 'profesional' by not mentioning Christian Bale's huge rant, he of course did this by writing a huge news item about the fact he didn't care about it........

I'm still really looking forward to the film, can't wait to see it on June 3rd.
I can't even rely on Rotten Tomatoes anymore, as I've thoroughly enjoyed films that have recieved 35% and less on there.

Edit- Total Film's review is actually pretty good, at least the guy can admit to what is both good and bad about it, rather than coming off like a sad raving lunatic. TF's review has boosted my anticipation about the flick a lil more. Good stuff

< Message edited by captainrentboy -- 20/5/2009 8:31:04 PM >

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 809
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/5/2009 11:18:48 PM   
CORLEONE

Glad to see Total Film have given it 4 stars. I've been trusting them more than Empire lately.

Oh and Harry Knowles can go fuck himself.

If he can find his dick, that is.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI