Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 10/3/2008 10:02:05 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Both Terminator 2 and 3 are redundant.

I think Terminator is a masterclass of economical writing and tension. It is perfect as a single film. The final shot is iconic.

Totally totally totally agree.

T2 should have been a future war prequel.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 31
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 10/3/2008 10:44:50 AM   
max314

quote:

I think Terminator is a masterclass of economical writing and tension. It is perfect as a single film. The final shot is iconic.

Then they make a sequel. And while I don't hate the film I have to disagree with everyone who thinks it was the third film which cheapened the concept. From "Bad to the Bone" right through to "Now I know why you cry", T2 is brimming with cheesy moments.

It destroyed what was, even at the end, a dark dark film.

"Dark"?

Could you please explain to me what that word even means - I'm starting to hear it a lot lately.

The Terminator was a fantastic film, no doubt.  And while I've always preferred it to the sequel, Terminator 2 is its own masterclass - a masterclass in how to make a kickass sequel to a kickass original.  You can't fault Cameron for that.

And yes, the second movie is more sentimental than the first.  But it doesn't "cheapen" anything.  In fact, it adds another dimension to the saga.  Each film has its own merits and they excel for what they are.

Terminator 3, however, didn't know whether it was coming or going.  It poked fun at the Terminator in outrageous ways, and it couldn't decide what sort of a film it wanted to be.  It ended up being a highly diluted version of the second film.

quote:

Cameron actully put his foot down and basiclly stopped the idea of Skynet. I found that to be a slap in the face of the first film.

The first film says the future can be changed...but is it?
The second answers that and gives you no room to disagree. The Connors win, Skynet is no longer viable.

If you honestly think that, then you obviously didn't understand the ending.

quote:

T2 is every bit as chessy as T3 and every bit as redudant. But we forgive it because James Cameron made it. And yes, I do enjoy it - but last time I viewed it I rolled my eyes at a lot of it.

No, the reason Terminator 2 is liked so much more than Terminator 3 is because 2 was the better picture.

I fell in love with the first two Terminator movies before I began paying attention to the credits.  Trust me - Terminator 2 is far superior to its successor.

quote:

Think about it - "Hasta La Vista. Baby" - I mean, we went from a robot with no emotion, that couldn't be reasoned with, to something which makes witty puns before it kills.

Yes.  It's called a character arc.

The Terminator is becoming more human, taking on human traits.

That was the whole point.

quote:

So I enjoyed T3 on the same level as T2. Was it as well made? Nope - but I still believe Cameron to be one of the most techincally proficent directors out there and a hard act to follow. But it is in no way a sudden departure from the second film. Not by a long shot.

There's a very thin line to balance when you're dealing with humour in a Terminator film.

Cameron did it.  Mostow didn't.

quote:

I will look forward to this new film, if only because it's about time we saw the Future War storyline play out. Its the only thing left to touch. And who knows, with Bale involved we may be onto a winner.  

Then again...

< Message edited by max314 -- 10/3/2008 10:45:42 AM >

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 32
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 10/3/2008 10:59:21 AM   
max314

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Totally totally totally agree.

T2 should have been a future war prequel.

I have to approach this "future war" scenario with some trepidation.

I mean, I loved the moments in the first two movies where we get to see flashes of the future.  In fact, the second movie was initially going to begin with Skynet being defeated and Kyle and the T-800 being sent back through time to chase the Skynet assassins.

All very enticing.

But whereas those teasing glimpses work well for a few fleeting moments, it's an entirely different thing to maintain audience interest in such a potentially monotone world for upwards of ninety minutes.  The writers will need to create a truly provocative story that is populated with truly provocative characters if they want any chance of pulling this off.  And, given the writers' past credentials (Catwoman, Terminator 3), one wonders if they'll actually be able to do it.

< Message edited by max314 -- 10/3/2008 11:00:20 AM >

MAX

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 33
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 10/3/2008 1:00:12 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: max314

quote:

Then they make a sequel. And while I don't hate the film I have to disagree with everyone who thinks it was the third film which cheapened the concept. From "Bad to the Bone" right through to "Now I know why you cry", T2 is brimming with cheesy moments.

It destroyed what was, even at the end, a dark dark film.

"Dark"?

Could you please explain to me what that word even means - I'm starting to hear it a lot lately.

The Terminator was a fantastic film, no doubt.  And while I've always preferred it to the sequel, Terminator 2 is its own masterclass - a masterclass in how to make a kickass sequel to a kickass original.  You can't fault Cameron for that.

And yes, the second movie is more sentimental than the first.  But it doesn't "cheapen" anything.  In fact, it adds another dimension to the saga.  Each film has its own merits and they excel for what they are.

Terminator 3, however, didn't know whether it was coming or going.  It poked fun at the Terminator in outrageous ways, and it couldn't decide what sort of a film it wanted to be.  It ended up being a highly diluted version of the second film.

quote:

Cameron actully put his foot down and basiclly stopped the idea of Skynet. I found that to be a slap in the face of the first film.

The first film says the future can be changed...but is it?
The second answers that and gives you no room to disagree. The Connors win, Skynet is no longer viable.

If you honestly think that, then you obviously didn't understand the ending.

quote:

T2 is every bit as chessy as T3 and every bit as redudant. But we forgive it because James Cameron made it. And yes, I do enjoy it - but last time I viewed it I rolled my eyes at a lot of it.

No, the reason Terminator 2 is liked so much more than Terminator 3 is because 2 was the better picture.

I fell in love with the first two Terminator movies before I began paying attention to the credits.  Trust me - Terminator 2 is far superior to its successor.

quote:

Think about it - "Hasta La Vista. Baby" - I mean, we went from a robot with no emotion, that couldn't be reasoned with, to something which makes witty puns before it kills.

Yes.  It's called a character arc.

The Terminator is becoming more human, taking on human traits.

That was the whole point.

quote:

So I enjoyed T3 on the same level as T2. Was it as well made? Nope - but I still believe Cameron to be one of the most techincally proficent directors out there and a hard act to follow. But it is in no way a sudden departure from the second film. Not by a long shot.

There's a very thin line to balance when you're dealing with humour in a Terminator film.

Cameron did it.  Mostow didn't.

quote:

I will look forward to this new film, if only because it's about time we saw the Future War storyline play out. Its the only thing left to touch. And who knows, with Bale involved we may be onto a winner.  

Then again...

Its dark in that "a storm is coming". We have seen the Terminator stopped but the Future War is still possible. For me that is a much more thematically satisfying ending than T2. Thank goodness Cameron didn't included the scenes of the future when JC is a senator.

T2 cut the balls off of the Terminator. Now he couldn't kill. Now he had puns (and "I'll be back is not a pun" - its a statement that clues the audience that something bad is about to go down) and at the end he is more "human".

The Terminator from the first one is barely recongised in T2. And yes I do now the plot contrivances of the rebels taking the machine and changing it. But give me a relentless killing machine any time of the day.

I have said that T2 is the better made film but I would actully say T3 has some funnier moments. Arnie telling them to calm down, Danes asking the Terminartor how John died after he just said he didn't want to know.

T2 is a distant relation of T1 - it and T3 have much more in common with each other than the first one.

The Terminator should not have a character arc. Arnie will no doubt have demanded it but its a machine and Cameron took away a lot of its danger in T2.

This makes me sound like I hate T2. I don't. I enjoy them all, but when I read people talking about T3 as if it was somehow a waterd down Terminator film, I have to point out that the process began in T2.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 34
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 10/3/2008 9:14:21 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Darth Silas I may be wrong (So apologies in advance) but didn't you say you only watched like half an ep of the show?  Mate how you sum it up with that?

T3 is ok, but I've said what my issues with it are and they could have made it more believeable (For me) if they had of presented John as a average guy trying to make a go at his life, after all Judgement Day was averted. An early draft of the script sounded much better (God knows why they never used it) in which JC was a successful guy and then Sara comes back into his life and all hell breaks loose and he has to to step up. None of this "Why me" bull shit! I love Nick Stahl too, but the part was just writtien like somthing....well as an OC fan   from some teen melo drama. A case of "issue of the week" and "I've got baggage" with JC in T3. Not what I wanna see, and mate there is none of that shite going on in the TV show.
I said i watched the first 5 episodes and gave up after that.Last night i decided to watch the season finale out of curiosity and to see if it had improved.If anything,its gotten worse.

SPOILERS FOR SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES SEASON FINALE!!!!

Highlight:

The bit where the black FBI guy and the swat team raid Kromardis apt was laughable.Lets see,they have a supposedly tense action scene involving the Terminator killing a swat team,and they score it with...COUNTRY AND WESTERN MUSIC!!!!!!.I was laughing my arse off,especially when the swat team were thrown one by one into a swimming pool! This is a TERMINATOR were talking about! It would have tore them al apart,not give them all a bath! Lets put it this way,can you imagine the Terminators attack on the police station in T1 scored to country and western music?

And they dont even show the ''battle'' between the swat team and the Terminator? Whats the budget for this show? 5 dollars? Did they spend every penny they had on the(admittedly well made) pilot? And why didnt the Terminator kill the FBI guy right then and there?It just made no sense,oh and that guy playing Kromardi is just so camp.Is it too much to ask that the evil Terminaator be scary?

Rant over.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 10/3/2008 9:42:55 PM >

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 35
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 10/3/2008 9:43:44 PM   
Captain Black

Keep the TV show discussion in the respective threads please, guys.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 36
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 12/3/2008 2:02:04 AM   
Dark Knight 84

First off i would urge anyone who doubts Sarah Connor Chronociles to watch the series from start to finish. It goes right into the franchise and lets us see parts of the "world" that we didnt even get a glimpse of in T3. With the time travel aspect we could have a vast amount of storylines and plots that could be adapted for the forthcoming films. Yes it might not be amazin acting with the exception of the Sarah character which is pulled off superbly, but it has a creative writing crew that certainly had me gripped from start to finish.

T1 was a master piece i agree with the comparisons to Alien and Blade Runner, and again T2 was a classic from the first scene! T3 took the cheesy lines from Both films and played on them with no creavtive writing...it was just crappy plaugerism! As ive said it was a decent film, i watched it and enjoyed it but it couldnt shine the boots of the first two films!!

"The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too. "

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 37
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 12/3/2008 11:55:49 AM   
Nakatomi

I like TSCC, but it has its problems (I'll head over to the other board for that, Cap'n). T4 is either going to be really really good, or really really bad. The first Terminator is the best - the DVD rocks too (I love that deleted scene where Kyle cries at the site of grass...;)). T2 is also excellent, but just a little too overblown for my liking. I prefer the lower budget independent feel for the first one.

I still can't get over this Christian Bale business. I dunno, I just can't picture it.

(in reply to Dark Knight 84)
Post #: 38
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 12/3/2008 1:42:45 PM   
max314

quote:

Its dark in that "a storm is coming". We have seen the Terminator stopped but the Future War is still possible. For me that is a much more thematically satisfying ending than T2. Thank goodness Cameron didn't included the scenes of the future when JC is a senator.

The end of the first movie was "the future is certain and doomed".

The end of the second movie was "the future is uncertain, and there may be hope".

The ending with John as a senator was cut for precisely that reason.  It wouldn't have been thematically true ("the future is not set", etc).

quote:

T2 cut the balls off of the Terminator. Now he couldn't kill. Now he had puns (and "I'll be back is not a pun" - its a statement that clues the audience that something bad is about to go down) and at the end he is more "human".

The Terminator from the first one is barely recongised in T2. And yes I do now the plot contrivances of the rebels taking the machine and changing it. But give me a relentless killing machine any time of the day.

Enter the T-1000.

quote:

I have said that T2 is the better made film but I would actully say T3 has some funnier moments. Arnie telling them to calm down, Danes asking the Terminartor how John died after he just said he didn't want to know.

T2 is a distant relation of T1 - it and T3 have much more in common with each other than the first one.

Well, Mostow can take those "funnier moments" and stick 'em some place.  The Terminator is not a slapstick comedy.  Sure, the odd carefully guaged moment here and there is fine.  But not like what happened in T3.  Yuck.

quote:

The Terminator should not have a character arc. Arnie will no doubt have demanded it but its a machine and Cameron took away a lot of its danger in T2.

But the Terminator isn't the villain anymore.  He's a hero.

The new villain, the T-1000, is just as cold and ruthless as Arnold in the first film.

That's the point.

quote:

This makes me sound like I hate T2. I don't. I enjoy them all, but when I read people talking about T3 as if it was somehow a waterd down Terminator film, I have to point out that the process began in T2.

Not at all.  I don't think that Cameron would have allowed the series to descend into PG-13 slapstick.

As he points out in the commentary, he was always careful to draw the line.

Mostow had no line.  He just totally destroyed any semblence of power the character had possessed.

MAX

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 39
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 12/3/2008 2:10:57 PM   
Nakatomi

Didn't Cameron end up praising Mostow for T3, though? Or am I thinking of Anderson for AvP?

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 40
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 12/3/2008 4:26:51 PM   
LEEJGM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nakatomi

Didn't Cameron end up praising Mostow for T3, though? Or am I thinking of Anderson for AvP?

Both I think.  Apparently Cameron said T3 was "In one word, great" (or something like that).  However, as a professional director, he wouldn't be doing anyone any favours, including himself, by saying anything other than that he liked it.  We don't tend to hear movies getting slagged off by actors or directors that were not involved.  I suppose they feel they don't have the right to slate a movie that they had no input in. 
That's what we're here for!

(in reply to Nakatomi)
Post #: 41
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 12/3/2008 5:49:38 PM   
Nakatomi

quote:

Both I think. Apparently Cameron said T3 was "In one word, great" (or something like that). However, as a professional director, he wouldn't be doing anyone any favours, including himself, by saying anything other than that he liked it. We don't tend to hear movies getting slagged off by actors or directors that were not involved. I suppose they feel they don't have the right to slate a movie that they had no input in.

He probably only liked them because they proved that only he could do them right ;)

"Eating shit makes chocolate taste even better", and all that.

McNugget's effort isn't going to be much better.

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 42
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 12/3/2008 6:19:20 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: LEEJGM

quote:

Both I think.  Apparently Cameron said T3 was "In one word, great" (or something like that).  However, as a professional director, he wouldn't be doing anyone any favours, including himself, by saying anything other than that he liked it.  We don't tend to hear movies getting slagged off by actors or directors that were not involved.I suppose they feel they don't have the right to slate a movie that they had no input in. 
If anyone was going to slag off a movie or directors vision it would be Cameron.He said it was ''great'' because he quite likely thought so.I give you this quote from Cameron from an Empire interview pre T3 release..''Part of me hopes it sucks,another part of me hopes its really good''.

I can imagine what Cameron would have liked the most about T3 was the bleak ending.Now im not going to say for a minute that i think T3 is the best Terminator movie ever,but its a damned fine sci-fi action thriller in its own right.Jonathan mostow did a fantastic job with the film.And can we please stop slating the film cos its PG? What matters is how good the film is,not how much swearing and gore there is.Rambo may be full of gut busting,head lopping violence and i enjoyed it,but it aint as entertaining as T3 or even Die hard 4.0 in my opinion.

< Message edited by darth silas -- 12/3/2008 6:21:37 PM >

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 43
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 12/3/2008 6:23:02 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

He praise both but remember he tried to do Alien 5 with Ridley Scott.

(in reply to Nakatomi)
Post #: 44
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 14/3/2008 11:15:41 AM   
Nakatomi

Does anyone think we'll get to see the effect of the nuclear attack in the cities at, maybe, the start of this one? I could just picture there being a big plume of smoke, and people running away, a la Cloverfield or The Day After Tomorrow (or any modern disaster flick, actually). I could also imagine you'd see people getting 'hit' by large falling objects (maybe someone gets crushed by a bus?). I know it seems a bit morbid, but I can see them taking that angle (as it seems to be "the done thing" these days) before revealing the main characters, Future War, etc.

< Message edited by Nakatomi -- 14/3/2008 11:16:07 AM >

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 45
Kyle Reese, Sergeant Tech-Com - 19/3/2008 8:42:31 AM   
Tech_Noir

Looks like Kyle Reese has been cast - CLICK

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 46
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 9:33:30 AM   
Felix

quote:

Does anyone think we'll get to see the effect of the nuclear attack in the cities at, maybe, the start of this one? I could just picture there being a big plume of smoke, and people running away, a la Cloverfield or The Day After Tomorrow (or any modern disaster flick, actually). I could also imagine you'd see people getting 'hit' by large falling objects (maybe someone gets crushed by a bus?). I know it seems a bit morbid, but I can see them taking that angle (as it seems to be "the done thing" these days) before revealing the main characters, Future War, etc.

Erm, have you ever watched footage of a nuclear explosion?

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Nakatomi)
Post #: 47
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 9:54:22 AM   
Mojo

Since when does Kyle Reese befriend a Terminator? I don't like that at all. Interesting that Paul Haggis might be doing a rewrite of the script though.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 48
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 10:08:17 AM   
Felix

Totally agree Mojo, you cant have Reese getting all buddy buddy with a terminator, it goes against the characters complete hatred for them in the first film.

"Listen. And understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

Why do they insist on having friendly terminators in all the films now?

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 49
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 10:38:54 AM   
LEEJGM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

Totally agree Mojo, you cant have Reese getting all buddy buddy with a terminator, it goes against the characters complete hatred for them in the first film.

"Listen. And understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

Why do they insist on having friendly terminators in all the films now?

Sarah Conner did in T2.  Not defending it but I don't think this should be dismissed so quickly - we may be pleasantly surprised.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 50
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 10:46:30 AM   
Felix

But its ok for Sarah Connor to learn to trust a terminator, as her character can have an arc.

The end of Kyle Reese's character arc has already been shown, so he cant suddenly learn to trust a terminator, then go back in time and hate them.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 51
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 11:31:44 AM   
nicholsonsmhead

As I've mentioned in another thread, it's a bit of tension killer if Reese is one of the main characters because we know he won't die.

Maybe he befriends this Terminator unwittingly (I can't imagine how he wouldn't know he was one) and then is betrayed by it and has to kill it, leading to his increased hatred and skill at offing them.

None of this, however, will explain his fondness for nicking clothes from the homeless.

'Does the codename 'Sapphire' mean anything to you?'

'Hey, what if we cross-circuit the accelerator? Might give us more er...er, ohms or something.'

'Hi, I'm Max Keller. I'm a seagull.'

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 52
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 11:38:12 AM   
lordpayne

ive read somewhere that the human resistance will have some kind of traitor infiltrated in it. is this the marcus terminator? because then maybe reese knowing this terminator maybe justified, whilst also logically helping to set up reeses hatred. Though im not sure how convincing an emotionless machine will be. Im keeping an open mind about this film, to be honest McG hasnt really done enough films for me to make a decent judgement, and although i hate the charlies angels films, i think that the direction style fitted with cheesy "fun" tone of the film. And we are marshall is a good film. Remember that before the terminator james cameroon had directed piranha 2. i think that maybe after a film like that he was considered a hack.plus they now have a decent scriptwriter in paul haggis, and i think that christian bale has come on board as a fan, so hopefully that will help keep things respectable.

I think there are enough reasons there to keep an open mind.
Problem with terminator 3, it was average. i wouldnt call it awful.but terminator films cannot be average, there is a high bar set after the first two.

t

"Well, he used to beat me in morse code, so it's possible, but he never said the words"

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 53
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 12:46:59 PM   
The REAL Bozz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Since when does Kyle Reese befriend a Terminator? I don't like that at all. Interesting that Paul Haggis might be doing a rewrite of the script though.

He doesn't. All the major sites are now openly stateing Marcus is the new Terminator. Chud revealed this MAJOR spoiler info months ago. I guess all the sites considered it common knowledge and now the cat's out the bag. When Marcus is introduced he is human for all intents and purposes and then the truth is revealed.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 54
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 5:23:06 PM   
max314

Can't dogs sense Terminators?

MAX

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 55
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 7:27:13 PM   
darth silas

Anton yelchin is terrible casting for Reese,he doesnt look one bit like Michael biehn! They should have cast Josh duhamel from Transformers.

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 56
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 10:46:05 PM   
lordpayne

quote:

ORIGINAL: max314

Can't dogs sense Terminators?
maybe thats how they find out dogs can sense them. i

"Well, he used to beat me in morse code, so it's possible, but he never said the words"

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 57
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 11:23:20 PM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Anton yelchin is terrible casting for Reese,he doesnt look one bit like Michael biehn! They should have cast Josh duhamel from Transformers.

Good choice, but I've always thought Timothy Olyphant was like Michael Biehn.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

Post #: 58
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 19/3/2008 11:39:24 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Im trying to stay open minded about this new film but this latest casting is odd. Is there any need for Kyle to be a teenager? Wasn't he born after Judgement Day, as in way into the future war. Bollocks, Im not even that arsed to be honest. T1 and T2 are boss and hopefully this will turn out good. I'd laugh if they cast half the cast from Gossip Girl or somthing to fill out Kyle's crew. That would be hysterical, hysterically WRONG!

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 59
RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - 20/3/2008 9:00:27 AM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

He does actually...

[image]http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Anton_Yelchin/anton_yelchin.jpg[/image] [image]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10101724A~Michael-Biehn-Terminator-Posters.jpg[/image]

Thats not a great picture of Yelchin, but he has the right bone structure for a young Reese, they can do the rest with make up.

Buy lets not let you know, actual facts get in the way of a good rant, hey Silas?

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI