Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Best Geek Show Ever?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Best Geek Show Ever? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 3/5/2012 1:18:35 PM   
rawlinson

But with the guys, we've established that they're geniuses and they're also nerds. So they do nerdy things,and that's fine. And when you get a really big nerdy reaction, it's based in something that's already established. Think of Sheldon's reaction to getting Leonard Nimoy's DNA, or a restraining order from Stan Lee. That's a big reaction based into an established part of his character. Even when the show goes for the really over the top stuff, it bases on something to do with an established part of their characters. Howard crashing the mars rover because he's trying to have sex. Sheldon pulling off an elaborate science based revenge prank. That's in their characters, not their genders. The stuff with Amy feels like very stereotypical gender based material, not character based.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 181
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 6/5/2012 9:45:49 PM   
snazzy_sophie

The show has really been going downhill recently...but the latest episode to air in the Us 'The Launch Accelerator' is *hopefully* a return to its former glory

http://www.literallygeeking.org

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 182
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 7/5/2012 3:19:35 PM   
thepluginbaby

Never really got this show. Haha, another BSG quote, they're so nerdy.

Yeah, I'll get my coat...

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to snazzy_sophie)
Post #: 183
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 12/5/2012 11:33:59 AM   
Larry of Arabia

Not a very good ep this week, and no Amy either. I think the two are connected.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 184
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 3/6/2012 10:57:58 AM   
Larry of Arabia

Much better the past couple of eps. Also...

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 185
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 6/6/2012 2:38:28 PM   
MI Cruise

Last episode this Thursday on E4; the last few episodes have been good, there's always good things here and there in every episode. Season 5 has been great and I hope that the finale doesnt disappoint

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

Post #: 186
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 6/6/2012 2:43:26 PM   
st3veebee

The shows quality fluxuates in response to Sheldons weight.

Skinny Sheldon = Great times

Bulky/muscular Sheldon = Decline in quality.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 187
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 14/6/2012 8:39:42 AM   
thedrin

Anyone else think that the wedding episode was terrible. The behaviour of the witnesses/ministers made me want to switch the TV off in disgust.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 188
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 14/6/2012 12:10:41 PM   
jcthefirst

I wouldn't have said terrible. The 'close your eyes and hold out your hand' gag was good though. We've all done it. wait, we all have, right?

I am getting tired of the excuses made for keeping Howard's mother off screen though.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 189
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 14/6/2012 12:42:52 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I am getting tired of the excuses made for keeping Howard's mother off screen though.

Well you never saw Maris in Fraiser and that went on for about 10 years (asnd I'm not counting shadows and disguises).

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 190
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 14/6/2012 12:46:04 PM   
jcthefirst

True, but they never had her screaming from off screen either.

And it was (mostly) always Niles telling people about her, rather than 'she's here, just not on screen.'

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 191
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 14/6/2012 4:16:04 PM   
Wild about Wilder

It's the same as Norms wife Vera in cheers the only time you saw her she'd just been hit in the face by a cake (I think?) & her face was covered so you never saw it.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 192
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 14/6/2012 4:33:51 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

It's the same as Norms wife Vera in cheers the only time you saw her she'd just been hit in the face by a cake (I think?) & her face was covered so you never saw it.

Or, for the older ones here, Rhoda, where Carlton the doorman was never more than a voice except for one time when he was onscreen carrying a board that pretty much covered him entirely.  Personally, I'm pretty glad we don't see Mrs Walowicz onscreen - from Howard's descriptions of her I don't think my eyes could take it!

As a finale, the show wasn't really that special apart from the final 10 minutes (what's that?  Sheldon accepting Amy's hand without comment?) and, while a bit - OK a lot - silly, it was a nice way to end.  Now, let's see if they kill him off in space, leaving Bernadette a widow and Raj in an emotional crisis...

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 193
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 15/6/2012 1:47:56 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Or, for the older ones here, Rhoda, where Carlton the doorman was never more than a voice except for one time when he was onscreen carrying a board that pretty much covered him entirely.

Voiced by Lorenzo Music original voice of Garfield and Peter Venkman in The Real Ghostbusters, fact fans!

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 194
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 16/6/2012 2:49:43 AM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

Well you never saw Maris in Fraiser and that went on for about 10 years (asnd I'm not counting shadows and disguises).

They did show a glimpse of Howards mum though; when the camera zoomed out right at the end you could see Bernadette's father sat in the corner and next to him was a woman which could only be Mrs Wolowitz.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 195
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 16/6/2012 10:21:04 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

Or, for the older ones here, Rhoda, where Carlton the doorman was never more than a voice except for one time when he was onscreen carrying a board that pretty much covered him entirely.

Voiced by Lorenzo Music original voice of Garfield and Peter Venkman in The Real Ghostbusters, fact fans!

Always found it a funny coincidence that Murray and Music both played Venkman and Garfield. Some say Murray took the Garfield job was out of respect for Lorenzo (who died in 2001) but I remember reading that he always hated Venkmans voice in the cartoon as it sounded too much like Garfield!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 196
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 16/6/2012 10:41:04 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Always found it a funny coincidence that Murray and Music both played Venkman and Garfield. Some say Murray took the Garfield job was out of respect for Lorenzo (who died in 2001) but I remember reading that he always hated Venkmans voice in the cartoon as it sounded too much like Garfield!

I heard that he didn't like the voice of Venkman in TRG either. Don't know what he thought about Dave Coulier's version in season 3 onwards, though. Oh, bloody season 3 onwards, when it became 'Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters' and that bloody annoying little green turd got his own stories. I love Frank Welker but there is only so much of that voice I can take. And it is basically became his 'Shmoo' voice anyway.

EDIT: You can watch full episodes of The Real Ghostbusters, including the shit ones, on Youtube

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 16/6/2012 10:45:52 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 197
RE: The Big Bang Theory - 16/6/2012 11:07:24 PM   
Larry of Arabia

quote:

I heard he took it because he saw it was written by Joel Cohen and mistook it for a film by Joel Coen of the Coen brothers.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 198
RE: The Big Bang Theory - 16/6/2012 11:13:26 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

quote:

I heard he took it because he saw it was written by Joel Cohen and mistook it for a film by Joel Coen of the Coen brothers.

I read that too. Unfortunately he couldn't use the same excuse for Garfield 2.

Post #: 199
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 16/6/2012 11:33:54 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

I heard that he didn't like the voice of Venkman in TRG either. Don't know what he thought about Dave Coulier's version in season 3 onwards, though. Oh, bloody season 3 onwards, when it became 'Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters' and that bloody annoying little green turd got his own stories. I love Frank Welker but there is only so much of that voice I can take. And it is basically became his 'Shmoo' voice anyway.

EDIT: You can watch full episodes of The Real Ghostbusters, including the shit ones, on Youtube

Maybe a thread on small screen for one of the best cartoons of the 80s is needed Shifty, before we hijack this one!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 200
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 18/6/2012 12:02:03 AM   
Valanya

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Amy playing Wanted: Dead or Alive on the harp.
Amy saying there's not a hair on her body she wouldn't let Penny cut.
Just Amy. She's fantastic and has gone from a character I hated upon her introduction to my favourite now.

She's so adorable.

A few weeks ago my partner told me that I, apparently, am Amy. At first I was a bit insulted, but the comparison is growing on me

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 201
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 3/9/2012 5:44:52 PM   
Valanya

Aww man, I killed the thread

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 202
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 7/9/2012 6:09:27 PM   
Iron Manc

I liked this show to begin with, but not anymore. The whole wacky, zaniness of it gets annoying. Especially Bernadettes squeaky voice. Squeaky voices are NOT funny.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 203
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 10/9/2012 10:33:00 AM   
Wild about Wilder

The funny bit is how she's slowly turning into Howard's Mother!

(in reply to Iron Manc)
Post #: 204
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 11/9/2012 12:53:04 PM   
Whistler

Very funny show, but does anyone else find Kripke completely unfunny and annoying?

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 205
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 11/9/2012 1:06:56 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Or, for the older ones here, Rhoda, where Carlton the doorman was never more than a voice except for one time when he was onscreen carrying a board that pretty much covered him entirely.  Personally, I'm pretty glad we don't see Mrs Walowicz onscreen - from Howard's descriptions of her I don't think my eyes could take it!

As a finale, the show wasn't really that special apart from the final 10 minutes (what's that?  Sheldon accepting Amy's hand without comment?) and, while a bit - OK a lot - silly, it was a nice way to end.  Now, let's see if they kill him off in space, leaving Bernadette a widow and Raj in an emotional crisis...

Or Al in Police Squad...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 206
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 11/9/2012 1:09:03 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

Much better the past couple of eps. Also...

Amy is just all kinds of genius. This scene had me rolling about in hysterics (especially the wink). The only thing that makes me laugh more at the moment is probably New Girl.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

Post #: 207
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 2/1/2013 10:27:45 AM   
spark1

anyone still watching?

better than s5 and think the bit with penny in leonard's lab was real turning point.

'i forgetten how smart you are'

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 208
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 2/1/2013 11:39:13 AM   
Whistler

I'm still watching but I'm a few eps behind. I think this season's been a bit of a slow starter; I didn't find the first few eps particularly funny, but it has been getting better. And I agree about that scene in Leonard's lab, you really felt something, a shift in their relationship.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 209
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 2/1/2013 1:14:53 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

I'm still watching but I'm a few eps behind. I think this season's been a bit of a slow starter; I didn't find the first few eps particularly funny, but it has been getting better. And I agree about that scene in Leonard's lab, you really felt something, a shift in their relationship.

check it out-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uupTIlbZZFw&safe=active
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJtmLzo9JV4&safe=active

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Best Geek Show Ever? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI