Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Not as good as HIMYM

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Not as good as HIMYM Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 15/7/2010 10:42:21 PM   
sxygir

Big Bang Theory is far better than HIMY as BBT has Sheldon. Also, all of the cast members are funny in their own way and don't need forced. contrived lines fed by writers to make them funny (60% of the HIMY cast).
BBT is about sci fi, comics, videos games, geeks and HIMY is about ridiculously attractive peoples relationships. Which is more interesting?

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 61
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 15/7/2010 11:16:06 PM   
paul_ie86

The writing in The Big Bang Theory is as contrived as it is in How I Met Your Mother.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to sxygir)
Post #: 62
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 15/7/2010 11:44:44 PM   
sxygir

Yeah but you like Blackadder.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 63
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 15/7/2010 11:49:03 PM   
paul_ie86

Indeed I do. It's one of my favourite programmes.

(in reply to sxygir)
Post #: 64
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 15/7/2010 11:50:23 PM   
Felix

Dont feed the trolls please.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 65
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 16/7/2010 11:05:21 AM   
spark1

e4 is running s1 6.30pm daily.

(in reply to sxygir)
Post #: 66
RE: Best Geek Show Ever? - 18/7/2010 10:27:27 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

I think TBBT is one of the few genuinely laugh out loud sitcoms America has produced in recent years, ever seince Seinfeld, Friend, Frasier have ended there's been a void of really good sitcoms, some are ok like King of Queens and Two and a Half Men, but with TBBT and How I met your Mother theres 2 really good comedy shows right there, one of my friends may as well be Sheldon, same inablility to understand sarcasm, has a phd, movie and video game geek, he hasnt gotten round to watching this yet though so its like a private joke among the rest of us

I didn't think much of either show when I first started watching. Though both have improved in my eyes. I guess the first season or so can be shaky for any show. The Big Bang Theory has edged past How I Met Your Mother for me. It's taken me far longer to get into that. I just found it quite flat earlier on. Even now there are times when I think it should be laugh out loud funny ... but it's just not working.

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal
Ive watched a few episodes after reading some of the comments on Empire and agree that there are some really, really funny lines in the show. Unfortunately they are spoken by characters that I just dont care for. The IT Crowd is so much better. Whilst their might not be as many jokes per minute as BBT the characters in IT Crowd are more funny due to the fact you have more empathy for them.

I'll mention IT crowd too as it's one of the three sitcoms I'm regularly watching. I thought IT crowd was weak when it started too. Luckily it's on on demand as I don't think I would have sought it out again other wise. It's gone from strength to strength though now.

Still looking at all three shows ... I don't think they are classics i'll remember for a long time. I'm enjoying them more and more. But I don't think they are truly amazing shows. I would like to get into How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory from the start though. I always just caught the two when every they were randomly on. But again I've been watching them regularly on "On Demand" for a few months or so now.

P.S: ... I love King of Queens.

Back to TBBT ...

Raj: ...  So you can't pay your rent?

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 18/7/2010 10:46:36 AM >

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 67
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 20/7/2010 11:32:41 AM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

e4 is running s1 6.30pm daily.

yes thats where Im currently watching it, seen 3 episodes now and although it's not a rubbish show there are funny moments but I dont think that Sheldon will ever become my favourite character so far its Leonard just because I kinda feel sorry for the dude having to be stuck with that idiot Sheldon. I started watching HIMYM first so that'll always be my favourite of the two shows.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 68
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 20/7/2010 1:34:54 PM   
jcthefirst

I like both. I do think HIMYM is very clever, but Big Bang makes me laugh out loud regularly, wheras the former only makes me chuckle.

And Raj is easily my favourite character.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 69
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 20/7/2010 1:40:41 PM   
Fleur

I love both, they both make me laugh equally. How I Met Your Mother is more about the characters and story than Big Bang is.

"There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... Me."

panicmoon.blogspot.com

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 70
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 20/7/2010 3:54:53 PM   
paul_ie86

Sorry to be THAT guy, but I don't think any of the new sitcoms mentioned on this page are funny, with the exception of The IT Crowd.

The King of Queens is a poor man's Everybody Loves Raymond (which was pretty bad to begin with)

Two and a Half Men is probably the most repulsive "comedy" I've ever seen. My hatred of it knows no bounds.

How I Met Your Mother is alright, but from what I've seen it tries to hard to be Friends, and fails.

(in reply to Fleur)
Post #: 71
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 20/7/2010 4:39:50 PM   
Fleur

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Sorry to be THAT guy, but I don't think any of the new sitcoms mentioned on this page are funny, with the exception of The IT Crowd.

The King of Queens is a poor man's Everybody Loves Raymond (which was pretty bad to begin with)

Two and a Half Men is probably the most repulsive "comedy" I've ever seen. My hatred of it knows no bounds.

How I Met Your Mother is alright, but from what I've seen it tries to hard to be Friends, and fails.

I dont think How I Met Your Mother, in any way, tries to be friends, except that they are a group of friends who live in new york?

"There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... Me."

panicmoon.blogspot.com

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 72
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 21/7/2010 11:28:49 AM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fleur

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

I dont think How I Met Your Mother, in any way, tries to be friends, except that they are a group of friends who live in new york?

I agree with you there HIMYM is not Friends and it doesnt try to be either, I was annoyed by the E4 advert when HIMYM first started airing there they advertised the characters of HIMYM comparing them to the characters of Friends.

also because people were mentioning it here I watched the first series of the IT Crowd off 4oD and thought that it was quite good, but then again there are only 6 episodes so you really cant tell much from 1 series so Im watching series 2 today, Im sure that it'll get funnier because there is a lot of potential.

< Message edited by MI Cruise -- 21/7/2010 11:33:54 AM >

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Fleur)
Post #: 73
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 10/9/2010 12:40:35 PM   
tompy100

Season 4 starts in the US on 23 September!!

I wonder what they are going to do with Penny and Leonard??

Best comedy on TV at the moment!

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 74
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 11/9/2010 1:54:51 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: tompy100

am a bit annoyed they used dreaded wil wheaton to reset penny and lenard back to where they were in s2.

(in reply to tompy100)
Post #: 75
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 13/9/2010 10:32:14 AM   
Chris Smithee

quote:

quote:

am a bit annoyed they used dreaded wil wheaton to reset penny and lenard back to where they were in s2.

I've heard that Wheaton has been confirmed for the new season, so hopefully we'll finally see Shelton get his own back on it, possibly with Leonard's help given what happened at the end of season 3. A lot of the stuff in the last couple of seasons has revolved around Leonard and Penny, so it'd be good to see them go in another direction for now, I like the idea of maybe reintroducing Leslie Winkle as a main character and continuing her own feud with Shelton.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 76
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 24/9/2010 12:53:37 PM   
spark1

'big bang' love at-

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20428164,00.html

(in reply to sxygir)
Post #: 77
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 24/9/2010 1:41:20 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Smithee

quote:

quote:

I've heard that Wheaton has been confirmed for the new season, so hopefully we'll finally see Shelton get his own back on it, possibly with Leonard's help given what happened at the end of season 3. A lot of the stuff in the last couple of seasons has revolved around Leonard and Penny, so it'd be good to see them go in another direction for now, I like the idea of maybe reintroducing Leslie Winkle as a main character and continuing her own feud with Shelton.

They tried that already. It failed miserably.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Chris Smithee)
Post #: 78
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 24/9/2010 1:57:36 PM   
vad3r

This is one of the funniest shows on TV that keep getting better!
So many laugh out loud moments in each episode. I hope it never ends.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 24/9/2010 9:50:41 PM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 79
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 24/9/2010 6:59:51 PM   
Chris Smithee

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Smithee

quote:

quote:

They tried that already. It failed miserably.

No, she was promoted to a major character, only for them to realise that they really hadn't enough material for the character so, they couldn't really continue it, it was a writing issue more than anything else. The problem is that that Sara Gilbert has her own show she developed that she's appearing on and exec. producing, so it could be that that'll cut into the time available for other projects, like TBBT.

< Message edited by Chris Smithee -- 25/9/2010 12:45:53 PM >

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 80
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 25/9/2010 11:20:02 AM   
spark1

has filming s4 not been put back in US cos of kaley's accident?

(in reply to Chris Smithee)
Post #: 81
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 25/9/2010 12:49:32 PM   
Fleur

quote:

has filming s4 not been put back in US cos of kaley's accident?

No, she has been written out of some episodes whilst she recovers.

panicmoon.blogspot.com

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 82
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 26/9/2010 8:12:02 PM   
nomimalone

Anyone else seen the season 4 opener? Good stuff, I thought. I am loving Mayim Bialik!

(in reply to Fleur)
Post #: 83
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 26/9/2010 8:14:23 PM   
Fleur

quote:

ORIGINAL: nomimalone

Anyone else seen the season 4 opener? Good stuff, I thought. I am loving Mayim Bialik!

Thought it was great! Looking forward to more on the storyline with Bialik.

panicmoon.blogspot.com

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 84
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 30/9/2010 1:59:25 PM   
paul_ie86

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/30/kaley-cuoco-johnny-galeck_n_744930.html?ref=twitter You guys might be interested in this.

(in reply to Fleur)
Post #: 85
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 10/3/2011 1:41:47 PM   
fuzzy

Anyone know what's going on with this? They repeated the first 10(ish) eps after christmas (hate when they do that) and now they're repeating S1. I'm pretty sure they're showing the remaining eps of the series across the pond.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 86
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 10/3/2011 4:00:25 PM   
keithyt1999

I'd like to know that too. I keep searching the E4 epg each week but all seem to be repeats at the moment. No new episodes

None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 87
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 10/3/2011 4:19:17 PM   
Nezzley

Both this and HIMYM seem to have made way for 80's set comedy Glory Daze so i'm guessing neither will be back until it finishes it's run (which is sometime in May).

I didn't think much of Glory Daze's pilot, typical us-college based fare with not much originality, too many 80's cliches and an unwelcome resemblance to the straight to dvd American Pie sequels.

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to keithyt1999)
Post #: 88
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 12/3/2011 10:59:00 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Long live the SHAMMIE !

(in reply to Fleur)
Post #: 89
RE: Not as good as HIMYM - 12/3/2011 12:42:05 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nezzley

Both this and HIMYM seem to have made way for 80's set comedy Glory Daze so i'm guessing neither will be back until it finishes it's run (which is sometime in May).

I didn't think much of Glory Daze's pilot, typical us-college based fare with not much originality, too many 80's cliches and an unwelcome resemblance to the straight to dvd American Pie sequels.

'glory daze' already cancelled in US.

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Not as good as HIMYM Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI