Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Hammer Horror

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Golden Oldies >> RE: Hammer Horror Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hammer Horror - 23/6/2011 11:16:36 AM   
Cyberschizoid

My favourite is VAMPIRE CIRCUS!!!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 181
RE: Hammer Horror - 24/6/2011 11:00:58 AM   
filmscene

Great reviews of the Karnstein trilogy, Dr Lenara but just a couple of points. Harry Robinson, not Harry Williamson composed the music for the Karnstein trilogy. Also Jimmy Sangster, not Freddie Francis, was director of Lust for a vampire. Sangster had been scriptwriter for Hammers' key horror films during their golden period (including The Curse of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy, The Brides of Dracula etc) prior to taking on directorial duties.
In interviews, he admitted he felt no connection with the production, having been drafted in at the last minute after the hospitalization of original choice Terence Fisher. A thorny relationship with co -producer Michael style, who insisted on interfering with the production didn't help matters.
The inappropriate pop song, 'Strange love', heard during Richard & Mircalla's lovemaking, was down to the producers. They felt that the song could help promote the film & even released it commercially but with no success. Amusingly Sangster tells the story that he & Ralph Bates anonymously attended a screening of the film at a local cinema, unaware that this song had been added to the finished film. Both of them sank under the seats in complete embarrassment when the song played...

I have always loved Twins of Evil. Cushing is outstanding as the fanatical grim faced, witch hunter & there's no doubt he is the film's core. Kathleen Byron provides great support as his long suffering wife, David Warbeck is suitably heroic, Dennis Price slimy as Karnsteins' procurer & the dubbed Collinson twins adequate as the eponymous title characters. As Count karnstein, Damien Thomas looks the part but he has a frequent tendency to ham it up & this lack of subtlety creates a stagey pantomime vampire..."gr, now join your sister". However, I have to disagree with your thoughts that Christopher Lee could have played the role during Hammers golden era. Karnstein's character in Twins of Evil is that of a pleasure seeker & general playboy. While Lee is obviously a superior actor to Damian Thomas, I don't feel his essentially stiff bearing would have suited this type of flamboyant performance.

Interestingly, there is a blatant scripting anomaly in Twins of Evil. The vampire epidemic is supposedly the result of Count Karnstein stabbing the sacrificial girl on the altar. Her blood resurrects Mircalla, who vampirizes Karnstein. However this doesn't explain the vampire attack on the victim that the brotherhood first discover prior to all this. And what happened to Mircalla after her resurrection?...I need to know!! Answers on a post card please!. It's also interesting how Hammer play fast & loose with Vampire lore. in Twins of Evil, Anton explains that "burning is useless..fire will not vanquish vampires" and yet in The Brides of Dracua, Van Helsing tells us they can be destroyed by "driving a wooden stake through the heart or by burning" ....I don't know where I am!

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 182
RE: Hammer Horror - 30/6/2011 12:28:04 PM   
Dr Lenera

Some good points there and you are totally right on my mistakes lol, that'll tell me for writing reviews so fast

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to filmscene)
Post #: 183
RE: Hammer Horror - 30/6/2011 12:50:56 PM   
filmscene

Thanks for the kind comments.
I hope you didn't think I was trying to be a smart arse because,lets face it, you have written the in depth reviews of all 3 films.
It's easy for me to come in at the end with a few comments & I really enjoyed your observations.
Out of interest, what are your top 10 Hammer horrors? (always interesting to know)

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 184
RE: Hammer Horror - 30/6/2011 6:31:30 PM   
Dr Lenera

Nah not at all mate, I also write for another website and should get the facts right!

My top ten change, but at the moment they are, more favourites than what I think are the best.......

1/The Devil Rides Out
2/Quatermass And The Pit
3/The Gorgon
4/Dracula Prince Of Darkness
5/Frankenstein Created Woman
6/Dracula
7/Curse Of The Werewolf
8/The Plague Of The Zombies
9/Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
10/Blood From The Mummy's Tomb

Yours?

(in reply to filmscene)
Post #: 185
RE: Hammer Horror - 30/6/2011 8:20:52 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Lenera

Nah not at all mate, I also write for another website and should get the facts right!

My top ten change, but at the moment they are, more favourites than what I think are the best.......

1/The Devil Rides Out
2/Quatermass And The Pit
3/The Gorgon
4/Dracula Prince Of Darkness
5/Frankenstein Created Woman
6/Dracula
7/Curse Of The Werewolf
8/The Plague Of The Zombies
9/Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
10/Blood From The Mummy's Tomb

Yours?

The Dr being told off by a whipper snapper,now that deserves a stake through the heart You are right you have writing some reviews at break neck speed,but they as are friend has pointed out your observations are a joy to read,and your love of Hammer is in your writing.
My Top Ten;

1/Dracula Prince Of Darkness
2/The Curse Of Frankenstein
3/Dracula
4/Curse Of The Werewolf
5/The Plague Of The Zombies
6/The Devil Rides Out
7/Quatermass And The Pit
8/The Mummy
9/Twins Of Evil
10/Scars Of Dracula

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 186
RE: Hammer Horror - 7/8/2011 7:28:21 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Icon Home Entertainment have announced that they will release The Dick Barton Trilogy, The Abominable Snowman, X the Unknown, Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter and The Quatermass Double Bill on DVD on 12th September.

Optimum have also announced the UK Double Play release of Quatermass and the Pit, which is due on 19th September. Special features include:

• New UK exclusive interviews with Julian Glover, Mark Gatiss, Judith Kerr, Kim Newman, Joe Dante and Marcus Hearne
  • Audio commentary with Nigel Kneale and Roy Ward Baker
  • World of Hammer - Sci-Fi Episode
  • UK and US trailers

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 187
RE: Hammer Horror - 8/8/2011 10:17:23 AM   
matty_b

Brilliant, I've been waiting for a re-release of the first two Quatermass films for ages!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 188
RE: Hammer Horror - 8/8/2011 12:54:20 PM   
DazDaMan

I love how the Quatermass films have "rated X" and "PG" side by side!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 189
RE: Hammer Horror - 23/8/2011 5:58:23 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Hammer have announced on their Facebook that they are recording a commentary with Madeline Smith, Shane Briant and Marcus Hearn for a new re-release of Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell !

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 190
RE: Hammer Horror - 13/9/2011 7:37:38 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

Hammer have announced on their Facebook that they are recording a commentary with Madeline Smith, Shane Briant and Marcus Hearn for a new re-release of Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell !

I look forward to that,though i hope they start releasing some of the Hammer classics on Blu-Ray real soon,maybe remastered.Arrow Films any chance??.

Post #: 191
RE: Hammer Horror - 15/9/2011 7:53:04 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Even more amazing news:

quote:

In 2007 Hammer and the BFI collaborated on a restoration of Dracula that resulted in the creation of a new HD master of the classic film. The version that was restored was the American print, which is slightly longer than the British version, but the re-master has the original title card added to the beginning (the US version of the film carried the title Horror Of Dracula).

However, for many years historians have pointed to the fact that an even longer, more explicit, version of the film played in Japanese cinemas in 1958. Up until now, efforts to locate the mythical ‘Japanese version’ of Dracula have been fruitless, but it seems that writer and cartoonist Simon Rowson has succeeded where everyone else failed.

Simon, who lives in Tokyo with his Japanese wife, was prompted to begin investigating on behalf of the British Horror Forum in early 2010. “My friend and fellow Hammer fan Stuart Hall suggested I should look for the missing footage,” says Simon. “That's when my wife Michiko started to help me in trying to find the most likely depository for foreign film stock in Japan. We were pointed towards the archive of the National Film Center just outside Tokyo, and quickly established (thanks to Michiko’s excellent interpreting skills) that the Center’s print of Dracula was partially destroyed in a fire in 1984. The first five reels were gone, but reels 6, 7, 8 and 9 – the last 36 minutes of the film – survived.”

After a year of negotiation, and some good luck, Simon was finally able to view reels 8 and 9 on the 9th March. They revealed something remarkable. “I was able to positively identify two extended scenes,” he says. “The first is Dracula’s attack on Mina while Van Helsing and Holmwood are standing guard outside the latter’s home. Having now re-run this scene many times on my British DVD, I think that the most obvious difference is the last shot of Dracula pushing Mina back onto the bed just prior to the sudden cut to the screeching owl outside.

“On the normal UK/US print we just glimpse Dracula’s shoulder moving downwards before the cut, but on the Japanese print there is a shot from a completely different angle which clearly shows Christopher Lee’s mouth wide open and his fangs fully exposed as he moves forward to bite Melissa Stribling’s neck – then it cuts to the owl as usual.”

Even more exciting was Simon’s discovery of a complete version of the film’s iconic disintegration scene. “As many people have speculated in the past, there is indeed an additional few seconds where, after Dracula is forced back into the sunlight by Van Helsing and raises his left hand to protect his face, we see the real actor – not a dummy – claw at his forehead and drag his hand down to his chin, peeling away his burnt skin in the process. There is also extra audio of Dracula groaning during this scene and an extra reaction shot from Peter Cushing.”

Sadly, Simon’s discovery was followed by the terrible earthquake and tsunami which hit Japan just 48 hours later. The National Film Center was relatively unaffected, but the situation remained serious for many.

Hammer began a conversation with the National Film Center, and in due course the four reels were transferred to tape and sent to London.

On the 14th September, Hammer reviewed an HD telecine transfer of all four reels; both of the scenes to which Simon Rowson refers are indeed present. Hammer hope to make these resurrected scenes available as part of a future UK release of Dracula.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 192
RE: Hammer Horror - 15/9/2011 8:04:44 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Even more amazing news:

quote:

In 2007 Hammer and the BFI collaborated on a restoration of Dracula that resulted in the creation of a new HD master of the classic film. The version that was restored was the American print, which is slightly longer than the British version, but the re-master has the original title card added to the beginning (the US version of the film carried the title Horror Of Dracula).

However, for many years historians have pointed to the fact that an even longer, more explicit, version of the film played in Japanese cinemas in 1958. Up until now, efforts to locate the mythical 'Japanese version' of Dracula have been fruitless, but it seems that writer and cartoonist Simon Rowson has succeeded where everyone else failed.

Simon, who lives in Tokyo with his Japanese wife, was prompted to begin investigating on behalf of the British Horror Forum in early 2010. "My friend and fellow Hammer fan Stuart Hall suggested I should look for the missing footage,” says Simon. "That's when my wife Michiko started to help me in trying to find the most likely depository for foreign film stock in Japan. We were pointed towards the archive of the National Film Center just outside Tokyo, and quickly established (thanks to Michiko's excellent interpreting skills) that the Center's print of Dracula was partially destroyed in a fire in 1984. The first five reels were gone, but reels 6, 7, 8 and 9 – the last 36 minutes of the film – survived.”

After a year of negotiation, and some good luck, Simon was finally able to view reels 8 and 9 on the 9th March. They revealed something remarkable. "I was able to positively identify two extended scenes,” he says. "The first is Dracula's attack on Mina while Van Helsing and Holmwood are standing guard outside the latter's home. Having now re-run this scene many times on my British DVD, I think that the most obvious difference is the last shot of Dracula pushing Mina back onto the bed just prior to the sudden cut to the screeching owl outside.

"On the normal UK/US print we just glimpse Dracula's shoulder moving downwards before the cut, but on the Japanese print there is a shot from a completely different angle which clearly shows Christopher Lee's mouth wide open and his fangs fully exposed as he moves forward to bite Melissa Stribling's neck – then it cuts to the owl as usual.”

Even more exciting was Simon's discovery of a complete version of the film's iconic disintegration scene. "As many people have speculated in the past, there is indeed an additional few seconds where, after Dracula is forced back into the sunlight by Van Helsing and raises his left hand to protect his face, we see the real actor – not a dummy – claw at his forehead and drag his hand down to his chin, peeling away his burnt skin in the process. There is also extra audio of Dracula groaning during this scene and an extra reaction shot from Peter Cushing.”

Sadly, Simon's discovery was followed by the terrible earthquake and tsunami which hit Japan just 48 hours later. The National Film Center was relatively unaffected, but the situation remained serious for many.

Hammer began a conversation with the National Film Center, and in due course the four reels were transferred to tape and sent to London.

On the 14th September, Hammer reviewed an HD telecine transfer of all four reels; both of the scenes to which Simon Rowson refers are indeed present. Hammer hope to make these resurrected scenes available as part of a future UK release of Dracula.

That's amazing,i was reading about this many years ago that the Japaneses versions of the Hammer films where longer.Also that Hammer added some extra gore to many scenes the UK and US could not stomach.This is excellent news.

Post #: 193
RE: Hammer Horror - 14/10/2011 12:43:57 PM   
DazDaMan

So, has there been a newer edition of Dracula released?

I found this one on Amazon, but I think it's the same version as the one I already have (complete with the American title card)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dracula-DVD-Peter-Cushing/dp/B00006JMP9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318592297&sr=8-1

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 194
RE: Hammer Horror - 18/10/2011 12:44:02 PM   
Dr Lenera

quote:

Even more amazing news:

quote:

However, for many years historians have pointed to the fact that an even longer, more explicit, version of the film played in Japanese cinemas in 1958. Up until now, efforts to locate the mythical 'Japanese version' of Dracula have been fruitless, but it seems that writer and cartoonist Simon Rowson has succeeded where everyone else failed.

Simon, who lives in Tokyo with his Japanese wife, was prompted to begin investigating on behalf of the British Horror Forum in early 2010. "My friend and fellow Hammer fan Stuart Hall suggested I should look for the missing footage,” says Simon. "That's when my wife Michiko started to help me in trying to find the most likely depository for foreign film stock in Japan. We were pointed towards the archive of the National Film Center just outside Tokyo, and quickly established (thanks to Michiko's excellent interpreting skills) that the Center's print of Dracula was partially destroyed in a fire in 1984. The first five reels were gone, but reels 6, 7, 8 and 9 – the last 36 minutes of the film – survived.”

After a year of negotiation, and some good luck, Simon was finally able to view reels 8 and 9 on the 9th March. They revealed something remarkable. "I was able to positively identify two extended scenes,” he says. "The first is Dracula's attack on Mina while Van Helsing and Holmwood are standing guard outside the latter's home. Having now re-run this scene many times on my British DVD, I think that the most obvious difference is the last shot of Dracula pushing Mina back onto the bed just prior to the sudden cut to the screeching owl outside.

"On the normal UK/US print we just glimpse Dracula's shoulder moving downwards before the cut, but on the Japanese print there is a shot from a completely different angle which clearly shows Christopher Lee's mouth wide open and his fangs fully exposed as he moves forward to bite Melissa Stribling's neck – then it cuts to the owl as usual.”

Even more exciting was Simon's discovery of a complete version of the film's iconic disintegration scene. "As many people have speculated in the past, there is indeed an additional few seconds where, after Dracula is forced back into the sunlight by Van Helsing and raises his left hand to protect his face, we see the real actor – not a dummy – claw at his forehead and drag his hand down to his chin, peeling away his burnt skin in the process. There is also extra audio of Dracula groaning during this scene and an extra reaction shot from Peter Cushing.”

Sadly, Simon's discovery was followed by the terrible earthquake and tsunami which hit Japan just 48 hours later. The National Film Center was relatively unaffected, but the situation remained serious for many.

you know, I found this out a while back and totally forgot to post it on here, probably because I too busy with another website these days, but yes, this is wonderful and exciting news

Post #: 195
RE: Hammer Horror - 23/11/2011 10:14:49 AM   
Richard LeStrange

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

So, has there been a newer edition of Dracula released?

Not yet but there will be.

BTW, I,m keeping the username "Richard LeStrange" because that's what I've been known as on the main horror movie related forums for quite a few years now - but I'm Simon Rowson, the guy who found the missing footage from "Dracula" in Japan and who is referred to on Hammer's website in the article quoted above.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 196
RE: Hammer Horror - 23/11/2011 10:21:44 AM   
DazDaMan

Nice one, on both counts!

(in reply to Richard LeStrange)
Post #: 197
RE: Hammer Horror - 24/12/2011 11:43:55 AM   
Bill Murray

Anyone seen "The Nanny"? It's a spooky, atmospheric thriller starring Bette Davis as an aging nanny losing her grip on reality after a number of incidents earlier in her life. It was a Hammer films production, and in my opinion is one of the last great British thrillers of that kind. It boasts a brilliant performance from it's lead, and was directed with great style by Seth Holt, a hammer horror director who wasn't very well known at the time.

Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

(in reply to Cyberschizoid)
Post #: 198
RE: Hammer Horror - 24/12/2011 11:42:19 PM   
rich

Yeah I have that on my "to watch" list in the Hammer box set that has yet to be finished. Recommendation is noted.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Bill Murray)
Post #: 199
RE: Hammer Horror - 19/1/2012 6:24:31 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Hammer Restoration: http://blog.hammerfilms.com/

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 200
RE: Hammer Horror - 19/1/2012 8:07:46 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Hammer Restoration: http://blog.hammerfilms.com/

Prince Of Darkness getting restored and Dracula 1958,i'm over the moon,and if that wasn't enough Plague of Zombies bloody awesome.

Post #: 201
RE: Hammer Horror - 19/1/2012 9:42:27 PM   
DazDaMan

Oh yes!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 202
RE: Hammer Horror - 28/6/2012 8:12:59 PM   
evil bill

THE LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES (1974)

Count Dracula journeys to a remote Chinese village in the guise of a warlord to support six vampires who are dispirited after the loss of a seventh member of their cult.In China, Professor Van Helsing (Peter Cushing) is approached by a man from the village of Ping Kuei. The man begs Van Helsing to help his town, which is being ravaged by seven vampires. Van Helsing, along with a fetching heiress (Julie Edge), sets off to save the village and soon comes face to face with Count Dracula.

This Action/Horror film produced by Hammer Studios and Shaw Brothers Studio,is a great rip off of The Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven.With Peter Cushing again as Van Helsing in a solid classy performance,but sadly no Christopher Lee,instead we have John Forbes-Robertson as Dracula,who lacks the charisma and gave a rather wooden performance.As you expect from the Shaw Brothers the action sequences are well set up and are terrifically paced. When these bloody martial art battles start they really do go for it in gore and blood, but still don't overshadow the horror element of the film.With plenty of zombies coming out of the ground,and slow-motion legions of the Undead riding on horseback whilst slaughtering all round them,and making off with all the hot sexy women.There's also torture chambers with topless girls strapped down to a bizarre rack designed to drain their blood,plus a Gothic feel to the art work,it feels more like a Mario Bava film or think Blind Dead.

With a excellent music score by Hammer's best composer James Bernard,super lighting and editing,and surprisingly great direction,plus decent acting this is one fun horror flick.Of course by now films like The Exorcist etc where taking Hammers core fan base away,so this could be seen as a last ditch effort to regain some of the market.But i think thats wrong,this is when Hammer are at there best stealing others ideas and making something different.We would not see this type of movie again till the excellent Blade,and that is why Hammer where one step ahead and sometimes maybe to far.

If you love Hammer and martial arts action,well you could do a lot worse,this is entertaining horror if a little campy in places.The makeup effects a little naff at times but the story and superb action,blood and gore make you forget the small problems. Cushing still kicks ass with his array of weapons as he battles to the death? the undead,and it won't spoil it but you know Dracula's days are numbered when Van the man is after him.7/10

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 203
RE: Hammer Horror - 28/6/2012 9:43:35 PM   
DazDaMan

Never seen that film...!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 204
RE: Hammer Horror - 30/6/2012 6:31:28 PM   
Dr Lenera

Aw you should. Totally ridiculous, and with an anticlimactic ending,but great fun with bits of striking imagery here and there.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 205
RE: Hammer Horror - 15/7/2012 5:51:59 PM   
paul.mccluskey

quote:

Hammer, Icon Film Distribution and Lionsgate are proud to present Terence Fisher's Gothic classic The Curse of Frankenstein fully restored in High Definition and for the first time in its original Academy ratio of 1.37:1.

Available 15th October in the UK & Ireland on 3-disc Double Play, the pack includes 1 x Blu-ray and 2 x DVD packed full of brand new content. Featuring new documentaries and bonus extras, and including the infamous "eyeball" scene, which was originally banned but has now been fully restored.

The Curse of Frankenstein
Double Play: 1 x BD & 2 x DVD
Cert: 15 (TBC)
Released: 15th October 2012
Region B/2

Single Blu-ray 50 disc

HD Main Feature – Never before released “Academy” ratio 1.37:1 – 83 mins – DTS MA 2.0
HD The Curse of Frankenstein (1.66:1 version) – alternate aspect ratio – 83mins – DTS MA 2.0
New audio commentary with Marcus Hearn & Jonathan Rigby
Frankenstein Reborn: The Making of a Hammer Classic (new & exclusive)
Life With Sir (new & exclusive Peter Cushing documentary)
Four Sided Triangle (bonus feature film) 80 mins
Tales of Frankenstein (bonus TV pilot) 25 mins
The Tale of Tales of Frankenstein (new & exclusive Ted Newsom documentary)
World Of Hammer: The Curse of Frankenstein 25 mins
Stills show
English HOH subtitles for Main Feature

Double DVD

DISC #1:
Main Feature – Never before released “Academy” ratio 1.37:1 – 83 mins – DD 2.0 – English HOH subtitles
The Curse of Frankenstein (1.66:1 version) – alternate aspect ratio – 83mins - DD 2.0

DISC #2:
Stills show
PDF Original shooting script
PDF all-new booklet “The Creator’s Spark: Hammer’s Frankenstein Begins” with text by Hammer archivist Robert J. E. Simpson

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 206
RE: Hammer Horror - 18/7/2012 7:44:17 PM   
evil bill

quote:

quote:

Hammer, Icon Film Distribution and Lionsgate are proud to present Terence Fisher's Gothic classic The Curse of Frankenstein fully restored in High Definition and for the first time in its original Academy ratio of 1.37:1.

Available 15th October in the UK & Ireland on 3-disc Double Play, the pack includes 1 x Blu-ray and 2 x DVD packed full of brand new content. Featuring new documentaries and bonus extras, and including the infamous "eyeball" scene, which was originally banned but has now been fully restored.

The Curse of Frankenstein
Double Play: 1 x BD & 2 x DVD
Cert: 15 (TBC)
Released: 15th October 2012
Region B/2

Single Blu-ray 50 disc

HD Main Feature – Never before released "Academy” ratio 1.37:1 – 83 mins – DTS MA 2.0
HD The Curse of Frankenstein (1.66:1 version) – alternate aspect ratio – 83mins – DTS MA 2.0
Stills show
English HOH subtitles for Main Feature

Double DVD

DISC #1:
Main Feature – Never before released "Academy” ratio 1.37:1 – 83 mins – DD 2.0 – English HOH subtitles
The Curse of Frankenstein (1.66:1 version) – alternate aspect ratio – 83mins - DD 2.0

DISC #2:
Stills show
PDF Original shooting script
PDF all-new booklet "The Creator's Spark: Hammer's Frankenstein Begins” with text by Hammer archivist Robert J. E. Simpson

Now that sounds just Bloody perfect.

Post #: 207
RE: Hammer Horror - 19/7/2012 4:49:05 PM   
Discodez

I watched Vampire Lovers and Lust for a Vampire again recently and was struck by how incredibly tame they are really. They were considered very racy indeed for their time and when I watched them as a youngster I seem to remember them being much more graphic than they actually are in terms of both sex and gore.

Still enjoyed them though.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 208
RE: Hammer Horror - 26/7/2012 4:54:55 PM   
rambof07

Horror movies are really too good because it scare and thrilled us whenever we watch it. And there is a huge list of Horror movies some of number is really too much impressive and interesting to watch.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 209
RE: Hammer Horror - 11/11/2012 6:48:59 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Hammer have announced that they will release Dracula on 18th March 2013 !

(in reply to rambof07)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Golden Oldies >> RE: Hammer Horror Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI