Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 5:52:55 PM   
bobatim

Ok guys this starts on Virgin 1 tomorrow night @ 10pm.
They'res already a thread for the peeps who have seen the U.S. speed and are well into it. So this is a thread for those of us who haven't yet had the pleasure.

So, who's going to be watching? Are you excited? or do you think it'll be a load of old rubbish.
I'm quite looking forward to it, being a big Terminator fan. Plus it's got the lovely Summer Glau in it, which is never a bad thing

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

Post #: 1
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 6:08:25 PM   
chrismart83

Im a big fan of the first 2 Terminator films , so going to give the show a watch and see how it is.
I havent read any reviews on the show so not knowing what to expect freally.

''You'll Never Walk Alone''

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 2
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 6:12:46 PM   
bobatim

I also haven't seen many reviews but looking on the US speed thread it seems to be getting a pretty good reception.

Is he died?

(in reply to chrismart83)
Post #: 3
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 6:51:33 PM   
James Hunter

I might watch it, although I'm not too sure yet.

Has anyone heard anything about it, like how good it is yet? My expectations are that its going to be shite.

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 4
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 8:04:35 PM   
Zaphod121

It's actually pretty good, not amazing but MUCH better than T3.

(in reply to James Hunter)
Post #: 5
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 8:12:46 PM   
Gazdance

I've only seen the pilot and liked it so I'm going to be watching.  Are they showing two episodes a week on Fridays as well too?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 6
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 8:27:06 PM   
Zaphod121

Seeing as there's only 9 episodes, I doubt it.

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 7
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 8:30:15 PM   
bobatim

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

It's actually pretty good, not amazing but MUCH better than T3.

It's not really that hard though, making something better than T3.

Is he died?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 8
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 8:39:19 PM   
theoriginalcynic

T3 was a good movie.  What was wrong with it? 90mins of solid action.  I want to watch this as Summer Glau is in it...

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 9
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 8:45:03 PM   
darth silas

Iv watched the first 5 episodes and have decided to stop watching.This show pisses all over the Terminator franchise.The pilot was decent enough but its all downhill from there.Nothing much really happens.Theres a LT.gerard type who just seems to arrive at crime scenes and wonders whats going on every week.The good Terminator played by Summer glau is not much different to her character on Firefly(ie:she just acts really weird every week).

The voiceover consists of Sarah going on and on about stories she told her son when she was a little boy and the point seems to be ''What is the moral of the story this week kids?''.The fight scenes consist of rude shoving,oh,and the writers blatatly ignore the rules of time travel set down by the original movie.

The series is shite and the sooner its cancelled the better.

T3 rocks by the way.Dont understand all the hate for it on these forums.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 10
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 8:47:23 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Iv watched the first 5 episodes and have decided to stop watching.This show pisses all over the Terminator franchise.The pilot was decent enough but its all downhill from there.Nothing much really happens.Theres a LT.gerard type who just seems to arrive at crime scenes and wonders whats going on every week.The good Terminator played by Summer glau is not much different to her character on Firefly(ie:she just acts really weird every week).

The voiceover consists of Sarah going on and on about stories she told her son when she was a little boy and the point seems to be ''What is the moral of the story this week kids?''.The fight scenes consist of rude shoving,oh,and the writers blatatly ignore the rules of time travel set down by the original movie.

The series is shite and the sooner its cancelled the better.

T3 rocks by the way.Dont understand all the hate for it on these forums.

Sounds like it's utter bollocks still like I said Summer Glau's in it

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 11
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 20/2/2008 10:12:26 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I'll be tuning in. Even if it's poor I'll still probably watch the whole series.

I also love T3. I like it more than the first two

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 12
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 2:00:43 AM   
Dirty Hartigan

I'll give it a go certainly, but man, couldn't they come up with a better title than Sarah Connor Chronicles? I can only hear it said with an Arnie voice! Has "________ Chronicles" ever been a good title for anything? Can't say Summer Glau does anything for me, Whedon fans. Lena Headey is tops though.

< Message edited by Dirty Hartigan -- 21/2/2008 2:21:07 AM >

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 13
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 11:26:23 AM   
Timon

Don't listen to Silas. It's actually really good. Takes what happened in T1 and 2 and runs with it - it is its own show but at least it acknowledges what has gone before it and makes sense - even the time travel controversy (trust me, it will by Ep 5/6).

Unlike T3. Which was pants. It was. It was dumbed down, pandering to the kids, nonsense that ignored the whole point of the first two films - There is no fate, but what we make.

< Message edited by Timon -- 21/2/2008 11:29:45 AM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 14
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 4:20:53 PM   
benmharper

I'll be watching and am quite looking forward to it after reading some peoples reactions on the other thread. I love the first 2 films and enjoyed the 3rd so hopefully this will be good too.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 15
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 4:28:02 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

Can't say Summer Glau does anything for me, Whedon fans.

She does nothing for me either, and I am a Whedon fan.

I have only watched 3 episodes and it is a good show. I gave up watching, not because of the quality of the show but because my computer is shite and I don't have Freeview or Sky.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 16
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 6:33:39 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Don't listen to Silas. It's actually really good. Takes what happened in T1 and 2 and runs with it - it is its own show but at least it acknowledges what has gone before it and makes sense - even the time travel controversy (trust me, it will by Ep 5/6).

Unlike T3. Which was pants. It was. It was dumbed down, pandering to the kids, nonsense that ignored the whole point of the first two films - There is no fate, but what we make.
At the risk of going off topic,i just want to say that T3's idea that there was no way to stop the nuclear holocaust makes a lot of more sense than ''no fate but what we make''.You cant stop progress,and Skynet(or something similar)was going to be created by somebody.I thought it was a very bold move to end the film the way the creators did.

Certainly makes a lot more sense than this silly Sarah connor show.Which lets face it is pandering to a teenage demographic with its teen angst and high school setting.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 17
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 6:49:00 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

At the risk of going off topic,i just want to say that T3's idea that there was no way to stop the nuclear holocaust makes a lot of more sense than ''no fate but what we make''.You cant stop progress,and Skynet(or something similar)was going to be created by somebody.I thought it was a very bold move to end the film the way the creators did.

Perhaps, but it was just repeating the theme of the original film that the holocaust was inevitable, but just showing it onscreen, thus rendering the previous 2 hrs pointless, and making the whole series entirely cyclical (Skynet future brought to pass in first film, future averted in T2, Skynet future brought to pass in T3), effectively forcing any potential T4 to be either a prequel to the first film, or simply a redo of T2).

Post #: 18
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 7:13:30 PM   
Timon

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Certainly makes a lot more sense than this silly Sarah connor show.Which lets face it is pandering to a teenage demographic with its teen angst and high school setting.

Exactly, but the fact that T3 says you can't stop this flies in the face of what the Terminator series is about - changing fate and fighting the future. It wasn't a bold move, it was a lazy one as Columbia/Tri Star were just pandering to those that want to see the Future War, which can be seen but you don't need to go down that route to do it.

As for teen angst and high school, that barely features or even registers...but then by my nature, I'm a lover not a hater.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 19
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 7:16:55 PM   
Captain Black

Other thread guys if you're going to be talking plot points.....

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 20
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 8:02:20 PM   
indysgill

Yeah!
Some of us are counting down to 10pm!!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 21
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 9:29:39 PM   
kingalan

I'll be watching it as a curiosity but I won't be taking it as canon (down angeliclestat down!).

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 22
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 10:16:52 PM   
chrismart83

Watching it at the min, ok so far.

Off topic but saw a trailer for 'Chuck' coming soon to Virgin 1. I was told to look out for 'Chuck' and 'Reaper', not really got into chuck but il give 'chuck' a try.

''You'll Never Walk Alone''

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 23
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 21/2/2008 11:02:47 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I thought it was a pretty good first episode so I'll be sticking with it 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to chrismart83)
Post #: 24
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 22/2/2008 12:09:14 AM   
bobatim

Yep i'll be sticking with this one as well. Thought it was ace.

*Possible spoiler*

The bankvault scene was excellent.

*here endeth the possible spoiler*

"It's gonna be one hell of a dogfight"

Is he died?

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 25
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 22/2/2008 12:35:28 AM   
indysgill

The damage on the first terminator didnt look right to me, but still really enjoyed it.
Will keep watching.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 26
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 22/2/2008 9:02:26 AM   
Sleazy

was ok, screamed Terminator for the Buffy generation to me though.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 27
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 22/2/2008 9:11:04 AM   
JustinFox

What a mess, I thought the whole thing was a joke, the last straw was when the so called bad Terminator goes "Class dismissed" and also when the "Good Terminator" goes "Come with me if you want to live", T1 and T2 are two of my favorite films and this just makes a mockery of them, the bad Terminator also tries to model his performance on Robert Patrick and fails miserably

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 28
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 22/2/2008 9:30:03 AM   
Felix

My advice would be to stick with it. It gets better, some of the later episodes are really good.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 29
RE: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed - 22/2/2008 9:39:31 AM   
Peter Dragon

I thought it was a good opening, and contrary to popular opinion I thought Cromartie was quite good at channeling Robert Patrick's T1000 mannerisms in it.
But I do agree they'll have to do something interesting with the female Terminator to make her a bit more interesting, she's kinda meh at the moment.

PS Lena Headey is a little bit too good looking to pull off the tough nut job Sarah Connor, she's more like Sarah in T1 imo.

< Message edited by Peter Dragon -- 22/2/2008 9:40:03 AM >

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles- Virgin1 speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI