Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Reynolds Is Deadpool In Wolverine

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Reynolds Is Deadpool In Wolverine Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reynolds Is Deadpool In Wolverine - 20/2/2008 7:38:41 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Whats up... - 20/2/2008 7:38:41 AM   
Kirky

with the title? Am I the only person that likes the title. It gives the film an epic feel!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 20/2/2008 7:40:52 AM   
Nalfeshnee

this projectreally seems to be getting cluttered with characters. lets hop the focus stays of logan

Post #: 3
- 20/2/2008 8:33:48 AM   
Rocket 3000

This is awesome news, but am I the only one who still thinks it's a shame he's not The Flash?

Post #: 4
RE: Reynolds Is Deadpool In Wolverine - 20/2/2008 8:35:52 AM   
hawkeye10

With all these characters, they will HAVE to change the title. Not to Wolverine, but to X-Factor.

And before you all point this out, yes I know, besides Deadpool none of them really starred in that series. So back away from the keyboards now and hug an action figure. There's a good geek.

Eyes of a Hawk!
Ears of a Wolf!
Strength of the Bear!
Speed of a Puma!

Post #: 5
Liev? - 20/2/2008 9:10:24 AM   
scottbatty1

Errrrm!
Please tell me I'm wrong but Sabretooth is being played by... Liev Schreiber? The bloke outta Scream and Manchurian Candidate? I'm wrong right? He doesnt strike me as a mass murdering giant psycho-nut-job of the comics. Tyler Maine was a horrible mute shadow of the comic wise-cracking killer, but he did have the right kinda size. Please, someone correct me! :O(

Post #: 6
Re: The Title - 20/2/2008 9:17:23 AM   
Chris Hewitt

It is my opinion - and the opinion of several other Empire geeks - that the title is too cluttered, and there's no need to crowbar X-Men in there. Most people know who Wolverine is, and those who don't will know him by the time of the film's release. I intend to mount a campaign, starting here and now, to have the name changed to, simply, Wolverine.

As for Reynolds' casting, well, he's a star, and so you'd have to assume that Deadpool is either the second or third lead. So some of the focus will inevitably be taken off Wolverine - but this is Jackman's baby, so I'm not worrying too much. It's not going to be a Batman Returns or Batman Forever situation, where the title character feels like he's cameoing in his own film.

Post #: 7
RE: Re: The Title - 20/2/2008 9:41:41 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

*Prays for a Cable & Deadpool movie*

Ooooh I love Deadpool and Ryan is spot on to play him assuming he can get the whole completely nuts things, although I suppose this is Deadpool pre-cancer? So maybe he doesn't have to be nuts just yet. 

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Chris Hewitt)
Post #: 8
Nice - 20/2/2008 9:58:20 AM   
SorryIndy

Reynolds should be cast in everything he's brilliant. I just hope that Deadpool gets a spin off himself to allow Ryan to do his thing.

Post #: 9
Black Eyed Peas man in Wolverine film? - 20/2/2008 10:05:15 AM   
the ageless stranger

My enthusiasm level just fell about seven notches. Why not throw Fergie in there as Silver Fox, let her wee all over the place and finish the deal. Also, I agree, there are too many other characters in there. Is this Wolverine's story or not? Right now it's just sounding like another X-Men film, which on it's own would be no bad thing, but for something they're packaging as the origin of the most mysterious character, it just sounds like he going to spend most of his time scrapping.

Post #: 10
Will Everyone Just Chill Out? - 20/2/2008 10:10:10 AM   
sowasred2012

'Ooh! There's too many characters in there now! Ryan Reynolds MUST be at least the second main character in this film! The title is shit!'

Come on, the title should calm at least some of you down when coupled with some of this information 'X-Men ORIGINS: Wolverine'. Logan's got one of the most complicated origins ever, and from what I can tell (based on the information released so far), they're at least skimming over the origin presented in 'Origin', if not ignoring it entirely, and focusing on his time as part of the Weapon X program. That right there gives you more than plausible license to bring Sabretooth, Deadpool and Wraith (maybe they'll even wedge Omega Red in there?) - and if they didn't do that, there'd be fan boys moaning that, when Deadpool eventually got his own movie, his origin wasn't tied to Wolverine's in any way. I'm guessing Marvel are mostly responsible for involving all these characters and cross pollenating their films (I know this is a Fox movie, but I don't think they're this smart). I don't know what Gambit and Silver Fox are doing in there but where would you rather see the Cajun appear, in this movie or in a potential X-Men 4?

Post #: 11
RE: Reynolds Is Deadpool In Wolverine - 20/2/2008 10:13:39 AM   
Kazuya

Excellent news. Perfect casting. As I already mentioned in the thread concerning Gambit's appearance in the film, I was really hoping that the rumour of Reynolds' inclusion as Deadpool was true, and now it's been confirmed. There have been a lot of rumours circling around for a while that Deadpool would get his own film, hopefully the appearance in the Wolverine film is a way of introducing the lesser known character to the public.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 12
Calm yee, calm... - 20/2/2008 11:22:35 AM   
badbehaviour

They're no doubt running a tight ship with this one. Like the man Hewitt says, with Jackman producing things will be done right. Plus he's really come into his element recently with great turns in The Fountain (yeah, yeah, marmite haters go ahead and slam it as 'duh, I'm not intellectually competent enough to understand therefore I'll dub as 'pretentious'. The classic cop out comment. Er-herm, sorry. Strictly comic book, strictly comic book, strictly comic book. I digress...) and The Prestige, so this should be a mighty good romp. And remember: don't get too precious over the comic book kids, they're not actually yours ;) Fin.

Post #: 13
Why not call it... - 20/2/2008 1:11:19 PM   
tallaght24

....WOLVERINE: Weapon X , That sounds better.

Post #: 14
Xmen: Origins : Wolverine - 20/2/2008 1:26:27 PM   
ollyman69

leave 'em alone. they're just paving the way for Xmen: Origins : Deadpool, Xmen: Origins : Cable, Xmen: Origins : Gambit, Xmen: Origins : Cyclops, Xmen: Origins : Magneto, Xmen: Origins : APOCOLYPSE!! quote me.

Post #: 15
- 20/2/2008 1:33:59 PM   
Bluehawk

Gambit, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Will.I.A-..? Owwwwkeeeey, It started out so well, but what the hey is Will.I.Am doing in here? Find your own movie, you Black Eyed Pea!

Post #: 16
RE: - 20/2/2008 2:38:09 PM   
livewire

This Films getting way to cluttered. long ass title and too many characters. Hope they know what they're doing.

I'd like to join the movement to have the name reduced to just wolverine

I`ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number" - Bonn Scott 1946 1980

Punchdrunk - 1981 - 2010

(in reply to Bluehawk)
Post #: 17
- 20/2/2008 4:12:06 PM   
OPtimusPrIMEruLES

maybe the title signafies the start of a new X-MEN thing do the origins and make the definative X-MEN movie

Post #: 18
warning: dangerous levels of sarcasm - 20/2/2008 4:18:03 PM   
Adrian

makes me laugh the way not a single comic book movie can be made without every single decision made on it lambasted to the Nth degree. no doubt if the number of characters were reduced, or the title actually shortened to just Wolberine, you lot'd still bitch, whine and moand, even though it'd be exactly what you'd asked (I use the word in its loosest possible sense) for.

I seem to remember a lot of whining about the X-Men suits too. What'd you prefer? Yellow spandex?
And the initial hiring of Singe rin-fact. an indie director? touching our beloved X-Men? this is a local comic for local people... get out!

Well I guess you all know best huh? I mean... you lot have certainly starred in and produced numerous top-level movies havent you. oh... you haven't? well, i am surprised.

Post #: 19
RE: warning: dangerous levels of sarcasm - 20/2/2008 4:50:25 PM   
sowasred2012

And it makes ME laugh the way, any time people who are passionate about something such as a comic sound off when they (justifiably, given a few past examples) express anxieties over a film adaptation of said comic book being potentially shit, some holier-than-thou twot ambles along onto these forums with the 'you-haven't-made/starred in/produced/edited-any-movies-and-therefore-are-not-allowed-a-valid-opinion' argument in an attempt to belittle everyone.

It's almost like these people don't realise that forums are the perfect place to voice fears and concerns and engage in healthy discussions about these projects. But that's ridiculous, any sensible person knows that.

< Message edited by sowasred2012 -- 20/2/2008 4:51:28 PM >

Poor people are crazy, Jack. I'm eccentric.

http://www.srmason.co.uk/blog/
http://www.twitter.com/sowasred2012

(in reply to Adrian)
Post #: 20
RE: warning: dangerous levels of sarcasm - 20/2/2008 5:30:33 PM   
the ageless stranger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adrian

Well I guess you all know best huh? I mean... you lot have certainly starred in and produced numerous top-level movies havent you. oh... you haven't? well, i am surprised.

I do love the logic of that argument "Think you can do better? No? Well then SHUDDUP!"

To show how stupid that idea is, think about it like this: You go into a restaurant, and order a nice, elaborate meal. Instead, you receive an unplucked, recently beheaded chicken, still-frozen vegetables, and juice instead of wine. When you complain, the chef storms out of the kitchen and says, "Think you could do any better?"

Are you going to roll up your sleeves, walk into the kitchen and cook yourself a meal, having just paid for a headless chicken? No, you're going to do your best to get your money's worth out of that chef. And you're probably going to tell people how your money got wasted too.

Stand And Be True

(in reply to Adrian)
Post #: 21
RE: warning: dangerous levels of sarcasm - 20/2/2008 5:46:51 PM   
jimoakley666

Hopefully Creed, Deadpool and Wraith will be part of Team X, Wolverine's pre-X-Men, pre-Weapon Ten, crew. And not have a huge part in the movie. If thats the case then we should expect the inclusion of Mavrick / Agent Zero and Mastodon soon. Although Deadpool wasn't on their team (he was sloppy seconds) and Wraith-man was their point man, not an operative.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(in reply to sowasred2012)
Post #: 22
RE: warning: dangerous levels of sarcasm - 20/2/2008 5:50:11 PM   
jimoakley666

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adrian

makes me laugh the way not a single comic book movie can be made without every single decision made on it lambasted to the Nth degree. no doubt if the number of characters were reduced, or the title actually shortened to just Wolberine, you lot'd still bitch, whine and moand, even though it'd be exactly what you'd asked (I use the word in its loosest possible sense) for.

I seem to remember a lot of whining about the X-Men suits too. What'd you prefer? Yellow spandex?
And the initial hiring of Singe rin-fact. an indie director? touching our beloved X-Men? this is a local comic for local people... get out!

Yes. I would bitch, whine and moan if the title was changed to "Wolberine".
Ha ha

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(in reply to Adrian)
Post #: 23
RE: Re: The Title - 20/2/2008 6:18:57 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Hewitt

It is my opinion - and the opinion of several other Empire geeks - that the title is too cluttered, and there's no need to crowbar X-Men in there. Most people know who Wolverine is, and those who don't will know him by the time of the film's release. I intend to mount a campaign, starting here and now, to have the name changed to, simply, Wolverine.

As for Reynolds' casting, well, he's a star, and so you'd have to assume that Deadpool is either the second or third lead. So some of the focus will inevitably be taken off Wolverine - but this is Jackman's baby, so I'm not worrying too much. It's not going to be a Batman Returns or Batman Forever situation, where the title character feels like he's cameoing in his own film.

Is the title really that important? I mean i'm a comic book nut, and i can say that i truly am not that bothered about it. It's not a great title i grant you but X-Men Origins: Wolverine,.... does what it says on the tin doesn't it?

Gotta say though, Will-I-Am as Wraith has got me a bit worried,.... i think we should campaign for that not to happen as opposed to a title change!

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is fucking inspired casting btw, love it!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Chris Hewitt)
Post #: 24
RE: Re: The Title - 20/2/2008 7:42:54 PM   
kinge247

La la, la la la, not listening to any of you, no matter what the title this will be as cool as a poo in a freezer.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 25
- 20/2/2008 8:10:03 PM   
Deacon Frost

I agree that the title needs attention. Wolverine is a no nonsense, no frills, no bullshit character. That title is simply too unweildy and does not fit. Wolverine: Weapon X as somone suggested, is better if this is indeed the story thread they are pursuing. Gotta say it: what is wil.i.am doing in this? A guy who has neve acted before! The casting so far has been sublime Reynolds - (spot on), Huston, Schreiber. He'll be acted off the screen. The Dark Knight and Iron Man look set to raise the bar this Summer. I do hope Wolverine continues the trend when it is eventually released. The character is too great to be let down by a duff film.

Post #: 26
- 20/2/2008 10:11:18 PM   
drake22

hmmmm, i don t like reynolds. well, i havnt likedany of his movies that much. he does appear to be good for deadpool, i just hope that they remember he is actually a twisted violent badguy working with the goodguys as it were, not some go lucky onelining tool. i love hi8m so he better be good, same with gambit actually. as for the title, as has been said.....

Post #: 27
RE: - 21/2/2008 1:19:46 PM   
JRockwell

This film is going to be shit.

(in reply to Deacon Frost)
Post #: 28
RE: RE: - 21/2/2008 2:27:37 PM   
HarryHavoc

if its anything like the ORIGINAL wolverine comics
with abit of the style from the more, graphic, art farty issues that have been out.
it will do wolfy justice.
he is seriously over rated though, looking forward to see what jackman as producer will do to this classic though.

(in reply to JRockwell)
Post #: 29
Hooray. - 21/2/2008 2:57:13 PM   
Lupin 3

Reynolds can be all, "hey Wolvie, why don't you ever blink" and "Why don't you like me, is it because I am wiseass? But that is very funny" just like Blade 3. Which was great. Hooray.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Reynolds Is Deadpool In Wolverine Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI