Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gambit Cast In Wolverine Movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gambit Cast In Wolverine Movie Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gambit Cast In Wolverine Movie - 19/2/2008 10:06:50 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Guest star overkill - 19/2/2008 10:06:50 AM   
Fit Kisto

Why does a Wolverine Movie need Gambit, Deadpool the Blob or any other peripheral characters?

They should focus on making this a decent solo spotlight for Wolverine and save all the fanboy bait cameos for X-Men 4.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Deadpool deserves his own movie... - 19/2/2008 10:09:31 AM   
keyzersaulsie

... here's hoping for a spin-off... from the spin-off.

Post #: 3
- 19/2/2008 10:26:50 AM   
Skyjunky21

How many characters are being added to this project. It's like they're trying to squeeze as many characters in as they can to launch many possible spin-offs...

Post #: 4
RE: Gambit Cast In Wolverine Movie - 19/2/2008 10:26:55 AM   
Kazuya

I really, really hope the rumours about Deadpool doing a cameo are true. He's one of my favorite Marvel characters and Reynolds is an inspired choice. Reynolds' association with a possible Deadpool stand-alone film was talked about some time ago, but then seemed to fade into nothing. Hopefully a possible cameo in the upcoming Wolverine film is a way of introducing the lesser known character to a broader audience. As for the news of Gambit's inclusion, I'm less than thrilled, the character in itself is interesting, but the casting is moronic, Gambit is a Cajun badass, a dastardly, dark-haired womanizer, not exactly what I think of when I see the fresh-faced, All-American, Calvin Klein model-looking youngster they've chosen.

< Message edited by Kazuya -- 19/2/2008 10:27:22 AM >

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 5
Bit mental but... - 19/2/2008 10:27:32 AM   
supermaddy

...I always though Justin Rhind-tutt would be awesome in this role, if he grew a bit of stubble and bulked up a tad- we know he can act, he has a sense of humour and his is slightly more sinewey than this guy, which makes him a bit more creepy for a superhero...

Post #: 6
- 19/2/2008 10:29:14 AM   
Skyjunky21

His 3 picture deal could mean he'd be a main character in a mooted X-Men 4 movie. His anti-hero credentials may be set to replace Wolverine's role in the films (assuming Jackman won't be back for an X-men part 4).

Post #: 7
How OLD is Gambit? - 19/2/2008 11:12:29 AM   
britesparc

I thought the movie took place in the 60s? Wouldn't that make Gambit, well, a bit old to be potentially filling Wolvie's boots in a future X4? If he's 25-ish in the 60s he'll be pushing 70 by now...

Post #: 8
RE: How OLD is Gambit? - 19/2/2008 11:17:47 AM   
Beno

What gives???? I thought this was a Wolverine origin story , are Hollywood messing with comicbook lore again???? Is this kid playing a young Gambit or what???? Im now a bit worried !!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to britesparc)
Post #: 9
- 19/2/2008 11:47:36 AM   
hawkeye10

Marvel appears to be a bit greedy here, seeing that they are milking all their characters in crossovers for future franchises. I was excited with the Hulk/Iron Man deal, but it's starting to feel ridiculous now.

However, I do like the slow dripfeed of information coming from this film, instead of the glut of trailers and stills as seen from recent flicks. It seems that they hardly go through the dailies before making them available to the public.

Post #: 10
Enough Cooks... - 19/2/2008 11:55:46 AM   
SpidersArentScared

Okay, fantastic news that we finally get Gambit (Though i agree, Josh Holloway would be perfect... Perhaps he could play him in a later set X4 or something).

But they need to slow down with the characters now... After all, this is Wolvies story. And we all know what happened to Spiderman 3 when they tried to cram too many characters/baddies in...

Post #: 11
- 19/2/2008 12:13:05 PM   
Eomer_King

Kitsch is ace in the quite fantastic Friday Night Lights (arguably the best show on TV at the moment aside from The Wire). Good casting.

Post #: 12
I thought - 19/2/2008 12:43:48 PM   
monkeysplaying

Empire hated AICN? Or is it just Chris Hewitt? Either way you still seem quite happy to nick their news...

Post #: 13
Dissapointing!! - 19/2/2008 1:05:09 PM   
Big Red

Not have Josh Holloway is a bit of a bummer in fairness!!

Post #: 14
RE: I thought - 19/2/2008 1:10:45 PM   
jimoakley666

Good, god. I really don't like the idea of Gambit being in this movie. A mediocre character at best. Hopefully it'll be a veeerrrrrry minimal part. Like maybe Logan hires him to crack a government safe deposit box all sly and sneeky while he's off doing something more 'physical', shall we say. Like kicking several shades of shit out of Deadpool as he curently is in his ongoing comic, Wolverine: Origins (which i think is the source of the current arse title).

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(in reply to monkeysplaying)
Post #: 15
To Monkeysplaying - 19/2/2008 2:10:56 PM   
Olly Richards

I can't reply to posts in the forum at the moment because the server's gone a bit wobbly, but had to respond to Monkeysplaying's post.

How exactly do we steal AICN's news? We report their stories sometimes, but fully credit whatever they report. That's not stealing. All movie sites share news and all the reputable ones always provide credit and links. People do it with our stories all the time and, if they credit us, that's just fine by us. The Gambit story isn't one we broke, which is why we've credited and linked to Superherohype, who broke it.

Also, why do you assume we don't like AICN? I don't remember anyone ever saying that and Harry's actually written for the magazine in the past. There's possibly been some gentle ribbing in the past, but I don't think anyone on the site or magazine has any animosity to anyone who works on that site. For starters, we don't know them personally.

Please do not accuse us of things that are clearly untrue. I particularly object to being accused of stealing.

Post #: 16
RE: I thought - 19/2/2008 2:17:06 PM   
bronco3114

Don't think I like the idea of Gambit in this one either... though not because he is a 'mediocre' character, in my opinion along just ahead of Ice Man and Archangel is easily the coolest xman (...OK granted after I decided Wolverine wasn't my favorite any more because, well...every body says that, lol.). The banta between the two in the earlier xmen comics was always entertaining but I think he would be lost and pointless in a Wolverine film - especially if its Weapon X/early Wolvie story arc. Save him for a reboot of the xmen franchise I say. Deadpool news though wicked casting!!!

(in reply to jimoakley666)
Post #: 17
By the by - 19/2/2008 2:49:32 PM   
AboyNamedSue

Every film site online take stories from one another. AICN especially; Variety and The Hollywood Reporter brake the most news, as to be fair, do Empire. Those comments are just stupid and ill-informed. Also, the Reynolds casting is awesome.

Post #: 18
RE: By the by - 19/2/2008 4:30:05 PM   
kumar

For a split second, seeing that picture i thought it WAS Josh Holloway, empire you cunning fools, did you try and find a picture that resembled one from lost? I dont know who this

guy is, but im kindof glad that Gambit will appear, he is great. Still unsure about Ryan Reynolds, i think he is an idiot, who should stick to rom-coms.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to AboyNamedSue)
Post #: 19
- 19/2/2008 5:35:13 PM   
Hughezy

there's NO WAY this little bastard will be able to open up a superhero film by himself.

Post #: 20
Gambit! - 19/2/2008 6:01:26 PM   
HarryHavoc

I agree that he doesnt look like he could pull off his own franchise, it will have to go down a humerous hell boy style film if they do agree to give him his freedom. Wolverine and Gambit do have their own series of comics together, so hopefully it wont be all handbags at dawn all throughh. Whats the bet gambit is an in mate with wolverine and they brake out together and team up to take down bad guys????

ha.

Post #: 21
GamBITCH! - 19/2/2008 6:07:35 PM   
H is the greatest

I like to call em GamBITCH, I hate this movie and all X men related crap. Now Deadpool news there's something to report, but Reynolds as Deadpool I don't like it.

Post #: 22
- 19/2/2008 7:04:45 PM   
jlearner

for those going on about Josh Holloway...he was offered the role, he didnt want it. Apparently he reckoned it was too close to Sawyer. I'm not sorry, Taylor will rock this part!

Post #: 23
IT'S ABOUT TIME - 19/2/2008 8:13:17 PM   
Taz69

Gambit was always one of the better mutants and his interaction with Wolverine is fantastic so it was sad not to see him in the X-Men movies.  So it's good to see him finally in Wolverine. It is a shame that it's not Sawyer's Josh Hollaway as his southern drawl perfectly matches Gambit's Cajun accent. Lets hope this guy can do it just as well. if not better

< Message edited by Taz69 -- 19/2/2008 8:16:06 PM >

Post #: 24
RE: GamBITCH! - 19/2/2008 8:20:41 PM   
kinge247

quote:

ORIGINAL: H is the greatest

I like to call em GamBITCH, I hate this movie and all X men related crap. Now Deadpool news there's something to report, but Reynolds as Deadpool I don't like it.

Boo to you.
Marvel are the purveyors of some of the finest comic book worlds created, X-Men, particularly Wolverine are the shit man! Reynolds is great casting, he's proved he can do this sort of thing in Blade Trinity which I know was shit (Dominic strange head shape Purcell as Dracula was terrible) but he'll do it justice. Everyone said Jackman was wrong as Wolverine but he proved those idiots wrong too. Shame about Josh Holloway but you can't get everthing you want.
Hopefully Marvel will have learned their lesson from Spidy 3 and sort this out as the winner it deserves to be.

(in reply to H is the greatest)
Post #: 25
Finally! - 19/2/2008 11:21:15 PM   
Bluehawk

Best. Film. Character. Ever.*

*If they do it right. Gambit is a character that can only be described as ''cool''. ''Blowing-cards-and-other-shit-up-while-kicking-around-his-bo-staff-and-
taunting-like-the-French-soldiers-from-Monty-Python-with-red-eyes-COOL''

Post #: 26
AboyNamedSue - 20/2/2008 10:26:57 AM   
monkeysplaying

Edited for stupidity and because you've been warned once already.

< Message edited by Helen OHara -- 20/2/2008 5:30:48 PM >

Post #: 27
- 20/2/2008 10:34:44 AM   
Kittys_Gremlin

Let's just hope he can pull off Gambit's accent....

Post #: 28
RE: Gambit! - 20/2/2008 5:19:36 PM   
jimoakley666

quote:

ORIGINAL: HarryHavoc

I agree that he doesnt look like he could pull off his own franchise, it will have to go down a humerous hell boy style film if they do agree to give him his freedom. Wolverine and Gambit do have their own series of comics together, so hopefully it wont be all handbags at dawn all throughh. Whats the bet gambit is an in mate with wolverine and they brake out together and team up to take down bad guys????

ha.

Actually, Wolverine has several and Gambit's got canned. The guy doesn't even appear in the X-Men comics because nobody knows what to do with the character. He's a bit of a one-trick-pony. If they had him as more of a con-man, like the Lost character Sawyer, he could be quite interesting but everyone plays him as a whiney-arse pining for "Mon Chere" Rogue. Yawn. Boring. He's more Ross & Rachel than Matrix kick-arsery. I really hope he plays a very VERY minor role in this film. Like Collosus in X2

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(in reply to HarryHavoc)
Post #: 29
YAY - 20/2/2008 9:06:05 PM   
Ghetto Jen

Gambit is my favourite and he looks hot enough to pull the character off!!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gambit Cast In Wolverine Movie Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI