Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Being Human

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Being Human Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Being Human - 3/3/2009 12:39:38 PM   
Happinno

Really enjoyed the series. I think the thing with the rules is that they're quite fluid. Its seems like it could be a mix of traditions and physical rules.

I'm looking forward to the next series :D x

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 151
RE: Being Human - 3/3/2009 3:43:40 PM   
Zaphod121

Hmmm, pretty good last episode, it was probably due to budget reasons but I would have like to have seen Herrick go out with a bang, maybe put up more of a fight. And was or was it me or was it totally unnecessary when they threw in that Johnny Cash song? I did like that George is now accepting his Werewolfness, and I'll be curious to see what happens to Nina in Series 2, I really like her character. The ending was really good though, I wanna know who it is that is looking for them, I always like when they leave you wanting more.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Happinno)
Post #: 152
RE: Being Human - 5/3/2009 10:54:54 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: tftrman

Yeah, the psychiatrist's line, "we've found them" was intriguing. Found them, so the three of them must be wanted by some shadowy group.

I was wondering about that myself, but think it may just be a reference to the nest of vampires rather than our 3 protagonists.  When the call started with "Professor...", I was expecting the next 2 words to be "van Helsing"!

All in all it was a great end to the show - roll on Season 2!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 153
RE: Being Human - 5/3/2009 8:13:19 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I assumed the "them" referred to the vampires too. Interesting thought that it may be the vamp/wolf/ghost triptych, but I doubt it.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 154
RE: Being Human - 6/3/2009 12:08:03 PM   
DJ Satan

I saw the original pilot yesterday. Quite interesting as it gives a bit more background to the characters. But I am so glad they changed Mitchell and Annie. The originals just got on my nerves.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 155
RE: Being Human - 11/3/2009 5:36:13 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: tftrman

Yeah, the psychiatrist's line, "we've found them" was intriguing. Found them, so the three of them must be wanted by some shadowy group.

I was wondering about that myself, but think it may just be a reference to the nest of vampires rather than our 3 protagonists. 

That's what I figured!

Loved the last episode - nice to see George beginning to accept ALL of himself, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go with Nina - George was only halfway through his transformation, after all, so theoretically they could have her not become a werewolf...Although Wolf-George recognising her is a bit of a hint...

Good to see Annie grow a pair and stand up to the vamps like she did - and anyone else get the sexual tension between her & Mitchell in the kitchen..?! I loved Mitchell's speech then: "It's not like I was drunk and there are whole periods I can't remember" - fanatstic, really dark and moving at the same time.

Also, I mentioned this in passing to friends and no one but me seems to have noticed this, maybe you guys have:- The sound effects. Most people've noticed the crows in the background for the vampires; some got all the wolf howls that are in the background when George is on screen (one fave, the wolf's howl becomes the creak of a hospital door as George walks through it); and in the last episode when the psychiatrist/Shady Man v.2 leaves the secure unit where Owen is, you can hear the sound of hunting horns in the background - as in fox hunting. I thought it was a marvellous auditory hint about what's to come for the second series..!

Already keen for the new series to start

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 156
RE: Being Human - 12/3/2009 9:28:01 AM   
kathryn2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

Also, I mentioned this in passing to friends and no one but me seems to have noticed this, maybe you guys have:- The sound effects. Most people've noticed the crows in the background for the vampires; some got all the wolf howls that are in the background when George is on screen (one fave, the wolf's howl becomes the creak of a hospital door as George walks through it); and in the last episode when the psychiatrist/Shady Man v.2 leaves the secure unit where Owen is, you can hear the sound of hunting horns in the background - as in fox hunting. I thought it was a marvellous auditory hint about what's to come for the second series..!

Ooooh! I missed the sound effects!

That's it, I'm going to have to re-watch the series.....

(in reply to Shaunette_ofthe_Dead)
Post #: 157
RE: Being Human - 12/3/2009 11:14:18 AM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

Glad I could bring that little extra dimension to your life.  I thought everyone had noticed the sound-effects until I referenced them to my friends, who had no idea what I was talking about...!

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 158
RE: Being Human - 12/3/2009 11:20:03 AM   
Harley Quinn

Shaunette I am once again in awe of you.  I've got the final episode of Being Human on my I-player I've been saving it, I think I'll watch it tonight and see if I can hear them.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

Post #: 159
RE: Being Human - 13/3/2009 4:11:14 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Great show but I think if the budget had allowed it would have been better having more scary vampire werewolf action as when it did happen it was really cool. Maybe some more ghosts need to be in the show and bad ones as the main one isn`t scary. I`m not surprised BBC America are going to show it as it has been made by them and I`m sure in time the USA will do a remake set in some small town. You`d think if a vampire revolution was on the cards the action would centre in London but never mind. I think they should cover why these vampires can go out during the day too. Cult classic tv in the making though. 

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 160
RE: Being Human - 13/3/2009 4:23:06 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

Great show but I think if the budget had allowed it would have been better having more scary vampire werewolf action as when it did happen it was really cool. Maybe some more ghosts need to be in the show and bad ones as the main one isn`t scary. I`m not surprised BBC America are going to show it as it has been made by them and I`m sure in time the USA will do a remake set in some small town. You`d think if a vampire revolution was on the cards the action would centre in London but never mind. I think they should cover why these vampires can go out during the day too. Cult classic tv in the making though. 

Bristol is where the first Vampire in Britain lived.  I think thats right, I know there is significance to Bristol being where they are based.

I'm really pissed off I went to watch the last Episode on the i-player last night, couldn't find it on there.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 161
RE: Being Human - 13/3/2009 4:58:27 PM   
a_new_power

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

quote:

Bristol is where the first Vampire in Britain lived.  I think thats right, I know there is significance to Bristol being where they are based.

I'm really pissed off I went to watch the last Episode on the i-player last night, couldn't find it on there.

it's on youtube - if you don't mind watching it 10 minutes per part.

"A coward is a hero with a wife, kids, and a mortgage."

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 162
RE: Being Human - 15/3/2009 5:25:34 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

quote:

Great show but I think if the budget had allowed it would have been better having more scary vampire werewolf action as when it did happen it was really cool. Maybe some more ghosts need to be in the show and bad ones as the main one isn`t scary. I`m not surprised BBC America are going to show it as it has been made by them and I`m sure in time the USA will do a remake set in some small town.

It's made by BBC Wales, actually. As it was BBC Wales they had restrictions on where the show could be based, which is part of the reason they chose Bristol.

quote:

quote:

Cruisecontroller: You`d think if a vampire revolution was on the cards the action would centre in London but never mind. I think they should cover why these vampires can go out during the day too. Cult classic tv in the making though. 

According to the show's mythology (Mitchell tells Seth in episode five - Seth asks why they're not in London or "Madchester") the first vampire to lead a double-life was in Bristol, during the 1600s. Upstanding member of the slave-trade by day, on the council and everything, killed over a thousand people as a vampire by night.

Toby Whithouse said in an interview that they liked the idea of the vampires being based in Bristol because of the salve trade - big transient community, lot of money to be made while at the same time offering a tasty menu of people who won't be missed.

As for going out during the day - Dracula could go out during the day, he was just weaker in sunlight. I liked the way there wasn't too much exposition; it's very Whedon, just "here's our world, here're our characters" without getting bogged down with too many "Well, here's why Mitchell doesn't catch fire in direct sunlight" moments.

Post #: 163
RE: Being Human - 15/3/2009 5:38:55 PM   
Baby Bear

quote:

* BB grabs Shaunette by the shoulders and shakes her roughly *

NEW SERIES? WHEN? TELL ME, WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!

I need me some George...............

" At least he was asleep when I hit him with the shovel......." Moses Lawn. RIP

Has tin foil hat issues ( thanks Woger...love it )

Felix: "Poor guy. They must be like space hoppers by now."

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Daz : Get. A fucking. Room.

Post #: 164
RE: Being Human - 15/3/2009 6:53:06 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

They've not given out the release date for the second series yet! Toby Whithouse is writing it now, I'm pretty sure filming hasn't started. The Being Human blog is still running, so expect updates from there.
Or from me on here, citing there..

...And I won't lie to you, my new aim in life is to get in BH as an extra, and/or stalk Aidan Turner.  My friends and I live in the Bristol area, I feel this is an achievable aim!

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 165
RE: Being Human - 17/3/2009 1:57:21 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

They've not given out the release date for the second series yet! Toby Whithouse is writing it now, I'm pretty sure filming hasn't started. The Being Human blog is still running, so expect updates from there.
Or from me on here, citing there..

...And I won't lie to you, my new aim in life is to get in BH as an extra, and/or stalk Aidan Turner.  My friends and I live in the Bristol area, I feel this is an achievable aim!

Nice aim in Life Shaunette, so do you ermm need any help with this?  I've got some free time. 

Post #: 166
RE: Being Human - 17/3/2009 3:05:18 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

That depends - if you're competition for Aidan, then no. No you can't play too.

Post #: 167
RE: Being Human - 17/3/2009 3:35:58 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

That depends - if you're competition for Aidan, then no. No you can't play too.

I'd only borrow him for a minute... and I'd return him in the condition I found him in....honest!

Post #: 168
RE: Being Human - 18/3/2009 3:35:25 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

quote:

I'd only borrow him for a minute... and I'd return him in the condition I found him in....honest!

It's Brand New In Box or nothing.

Post #: 169
RE: Being Human - 18/3/2009 4:32:12 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

quote:

It's Brand New In Box or nothing.

Awww you're mean.

*Wanders off mumbling about Shaunette not sharing toys*

Post #: 170
RE: Being Human - 23/3/2009 10:50:09 AM   
spark1

'being human' doc this Sat nite 9.15pm bbc3.
and re runs of  season 1 over wknd on bbc3.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 24/3/2009 10:34:55 AM >

(in reply to Happinno)
Post #: 171
RE: Being Human - 22/4/2009 7:32:56 PM   
DJ Satan

I wonder if Shaunette has 200,000 going spare?
Clicky!

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 172
RE: Being Human - 23/4/2009 1:42:50 PM   
kathryn2

Sadly that's out of my price range, and I don't think Shaunette would be willing to share....

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 173
RE: Being Human - 15/8/2009 4:37:12 PM   
Timon

Watched this for the first time on Thurs. Really liked it. The fact that is was set in Bristol was also a bonus.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 174
RE: Being Human - 16/12/2009 12:43:53 PM   
spark1

ahead of nxt years new eps is a series of viral shots at-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=being_human_the_prequels

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 175
RE: Being Human - 24/12/2009 12:00:25 PM   
spark1

season 2 teaser at-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=being_human_season_two_teaser1

starts jan 10th bbc3.

(in reply to Happinno)
Post #: 176
RE: Being Human Series 2! - 25/12/2009 8:18:00 AM   
Zaphod121

Loving the trailer, didn't realise S2 was starting quite so soon! Bring it. Now.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 177
RE: Being Human - 9/1/2010 12:47:04 PM   
spark1

BH s2 launch at-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=being_human_season_two_press

(in reply to Happinno)
Post #: 178
RE: Being Human - 10/1/2010 11:45:03 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I recorded the first episode of the second series earlier, but I've seen nothing of the first series. Should I try and watch the first year beforehand?

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 179
RE: Being Human - 10/1/2010 11:46:00 PM   
rawlinson

Yes, they set up a lot of different storylines.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Being Human Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI