Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Being Human

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Being Human Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Being Human - 22/2/2009 6:26:34 PM   
Grunny

tut tut.

A mistake to turn that kid! I cant wait to see how the series will end. Only 2 more episodes to go!

P.S loved the line:

"if pedo's looked like pedos, they wont be pedoing!

< Message edited by Grunny -- 22/2/2009 6:58:15 PM >

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to Shaunette_ofthe_Dead)
Post #: 121
RE: Being Human - 22/2/2009 10:02:41 PM   
DJ Satan

Only one more episode to go!

I actually liked Lauren so I was sorry to see her go. Annie was a little more interesting and got to do some good ghosting. I loved the bit where Owen turned on her in his flat. Really chilling.

The way it's going I can't see it getting another series. It's a shame as the biggest complaint is still the fact everything feel condensed and arcs that could have filled an entire series only took up fifteen minutes.

Of course the other complaint is that they still haven't made up the rules about who can do what.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 122
RE: Being Human - 22/2/2009 11:42:07 PM   
Hex

Being Human is now listed on Amazon. The dvd is scheduled for release on April 20th. Yay! Have it on my wish list.  

I think I will appreciate it more on dvd than I do on the iplayer. Hopefully there will be commentary...Please Russell?

Going by the amount of fans on the internet, I think this has got to have a second series.

< Message edited by Hex -- 22/2/2009 11:49:09 PM >

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 123
RE: Being Human - 23/2/2009 9:39:05 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I actually liked Lauren so I was sorry to see her go. Annie was a little more interesting and got to do some good ghosting. I loved the bit where Owen turned on her in his flat. Really chilling.

The way it's going I can't see it getting another series. It's a shame as the biggest complaint is still the fact everything feel condensed and arcs that could have filled an entire series only took up fifteen minutes.

Of course the other complaint is that they still haven't made up the rules about who can do what.

Lauren was a bit of a pain for the first few episodes, but I too am sorry to see her go.  The last episode showed that there was still some potential in her for a new angle.

Have to agree about the randomness of powers too.  Though I did like George's line when Seth asked Annie if she can walk from one room to another

Wonder what you see just through the door that is so terrifying?  Hell perhaps?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 124
RE: Being Human - 23/2/2009 5:05:00 PM   
Blunderbuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Lauren was a bit of a pain for the first few episodes, but I too am sorry to see her go.  The last episode showed that there was still some potential in her for a new angle.

Have to agree about the randomness of powers too.  Though I did like George's line when Seth asked Annie if she can walk from one room to another

Wonder what you see just through the door that is so terrifying?  Hell perhaps?

I believe they're giving it a run on BBC America shortly.  I imagine that if it does well there will be pressure for a second series.  Same goes if they give it a rerun on BBC2 at some point and it picks up additional viewers...

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 125
RE: Being Human - 23/2/2009 9:25:48 PM   
kathryn2

Well, I wasn't expecting that! I'm realy intrigued now to see where the series is going. I do hope it gets a second season, but if they do they really do need to sort out some RULES!

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 126
RE: Being Human - 24/2/2009 2:14:37 PM   
homersimpson_esq

"...fire and brimstone....sapphire and....steel..."

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 127
RE: Being Human - 24/2/2009 8:01:30 PM   
Zaphod121

The last 2 episodes have been great, all the stuff with them being accused of being pedos was a really interesting angle, agreed on the rules part I don't get why a star of david (?) can fend off a vampire. You know, this is one show that could really benefit from an American remake.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 128
RE: Being Human - 24/2/2009 8:09:12 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

The last 2 episodes have been great, all the stuff with them being accused of being pedos was a really interesting angle, agreed on the rules part I don't get why a star of david (?) can fend off a vampire. You know, this is one show that could really benefit from an American remake.

That's an easy one: In I am Legend, one of the monsters is warded off by a Torah. A Jewish vampire?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 129
RE: Being Human - 26/2/2009 10:48:40 AM   
VincentHanna

Good news, Being Human fans....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a147837/being-human-recommissioned-by-bbc.html

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 130
RE: Being Human - 26/2/2009 11:41:00 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

Maybe it's just the person's faith that does it, regardless of their franchise?  The cross/star of david/whatever just symbolises their beliefs.

Great news about the 2nd season!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 131
RE: Being Human - 26/2/2009 11:46:10 AM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: VincentHanna

Good news, Being Human fans....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a147837/being-human-recommissioned-by-bbc.html

Yay! glad it's getting more episodes this time as well.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 132
RE: Being Human - 26/2/2009 2:03:32 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

I am sooooo glad it's been commissioned for a second series! It really deserves one. The episodes just keep getting better and better; ep 5 was fantastic. Despite hating Lauren early on I really felt for her at the end, and in retrospect her line about the funeral parlour having lots of "storage space" was just chilling. I loved the fact they covered what, exactly, the vampires planned to eat come the revolution; that had been bothering me!

Owen's scenes were brilliantly dark, too; the actor really stepped up at the end and it was incredibly creepy to watch him pretend to comfort Janey while telling Annie about their affair and what he really thoughgt of her.

Great that they picked up on the line about the "men with sticks and rope" from the pilot - I thought there was amazing stuff between Annie and Mitchell and it was handled incredibly well.

What a cliffhanger, though!! It they take Mitchell away from me I won't be held responsible for my actions....

Can't wait for Sunday!!

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 133
RE: Being Human - 26/2/2009 3:29:42 PM   
Gazdance

Last weeks episode was brilliant. Possibly the best of the series.  The acting and writing have been top notch throughout the series but Sunday's episode was even better.  Brilliant physical comedy from Russell Tovey.

One minute I was in stitches at the comedy (...Sapphire and... Steel.) then moved almost to tears at Annie's farewell scene an then on the edge of my seat with suspense.

Really intrigued about what Annie whispered to Owen.

I've got all of them saved on my freeview harddrive but I'd buy the dvd if there are some decent extras.  They should include the pilot episode, even though it's not being treated as canon.

(in reply to Shaunette_ofthe_Dead)
Post #: 134
RE: Being Human - 27/2/2009 9:03:33 AM   
kathryn2

Yay! I'm doing my happy dance that we're going to get eight Being Human's next year.
The major drawback of the series has definitely been not enough time to develop plots probably.

Who knows? Maybe we'll get up to a full 13 episode series eventually.

I'm a bit bemused as to how Torchwood got 13 episodes right away, much as I love it, considering how very spotty the quality of the first series was, but I guess they thought they had a built in fanbase and popular character already established....

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 135
RE: Being Human - 27/2/2009 2:28:14 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

Maybe it's just the person's faith that does it, regardless of their franchise?  The cross/star of david/whatever just symbolises their beliefs.

Great news about the 2nd season!

I loved how when Mitchell was chatting to Bernie's mum in the kitchen, and she made a cross with her fingers to illustrate some amusing point she was making, Mitchell recoiled back suddenly. Nice touch.

With regards to the question of ghosts, and what Annie can do, I think the question with the fridge was as someone said - simply a strength issue. She can move things with her hands which, one assumes, would look like a poltergeist to anyone not seeing Annie. But she was finding herself able to move things with her mind, with little control. Once that control is harnessed however, she may well be able to move larger objects that she feels she cannot move physically. That is, if she's still around for season 2!

I'd like an answer about vampire lore with regards to this series. Sure, they can live in the day, albeit with sunglasses and probably with some cloud cover to make things a bit more bearable. But if the blood isn't a necessary factor in their existence, if it's just an addiction, then what gives them their immortality? Without it, will they indeed age? One assumes not as if, Mitchell has been trying to do without, he doesn't appear to have aged from the age he was when he was turned.

All in all, I'm really surprised by how good this programme is.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 136
RE: Being Human - 28/2/2009 9:22:38 AM   
tftrman

Anyone else think that with Owen handing himself in to the police Herrick might get hold of him and turn him vampy? Only got to see ep5 last night, probably the best episode so far.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 137
RE: Being Human - 2/3/2009 10:33:23 AM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: tftrman

Anyone else think that with Owen handing himself in to the police Herrick might get hold of him and turn him vampy? Only got to see ep5 last night, probably the best episode so far.

Well that prediction was wrong!

Enjoyed it, but it was probably the weakest episode of the series - far too much crying! I did like Annie kicking arse though. Herrick went out with a whimper rather than a bang, shame he was a very good bad guy.

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 138
RE: Being Human - 2/3/2009 11:04:52 AM   
Hobbitonlass

*** SPOILERS (for those who haven't seen the last ep) ***

I loved this show and was happy with the way it ended.  However, I have a question.  I assumed that Nina is a werewolf (as she had a similar sort of mark on her forearm as George did on his shoulder) but why didn't she change at full moon?

I suppose that's something that will be explored in the next series

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 139
RE: Being Human - 2/3/2009 11:12:48 AM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I loved this show and was happy with the way it ended.  However, I have a question.  I assumed that Nina is a werewolf (as she had a similar sort of mark on her forearm as George did on his shoulder) but why didn't she change at full moon?

She was scratched by George when he threw her aside. She probably wouldn't instantly turn into a werewolf.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 140
RE: Being Human - 2/3/2009 11:18:37 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

quote:

She was scratched by George when he threw her aside. She probably wouldn't instantly turn into a werewolf.

I did wonder where those scratches came from. That story has so much potential.

I really loved last night's episode. I thought it was a lot stronger than I expected it would be. Loved how we got some full on werewolf action and Annie going psycho.

Looking forward to the next series already.

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 141
RE: Being Human - 2/3/2009 11:32:22 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

Ah, okay.  Thanks.  For some reason I thought she had them already and hadn't revealed it. 

I agree DJ, loads of potential

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 142
RE: Being Human - 2/3/2009 1:15:59 PM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah, okay.  Thanks.  For some reason I thought she had them already and hadn't revealed it. 

what a mo. she could see annie on the stairs before she got pushed away/scratched by george.

Post #: 143
RE: Being Human - 2/3/2009 1:20:31 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

quote:

quote:

what a mo. she could see annie on the stairs before she got pushed away/scratched by george.

Some people can see Annie, depending on Annie's moods. That was established at the start of the start of the first episode.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 144
RE: Being Human - 2/3/2009 1:23:14 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

But Annie had become visible to humans generally not just to Nina.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 145
RE: Being Human - 2/3/2009 2:19:35 PM   
princessa

Haven't seen the last ep...but this series is definitely getting better.  Ep 5 was the best so far. 

I'm so glad that Annie got some backbone...although she still annoys me and i see point to her character. 

I wish that they would do more with the werewolf, but i'm glad that the vampire storyline is dominant...as it's the only interesting one IMO.  Mitchell? vs the other vamps...can't wait.  BTW i too was sad to see Lauren? go...an interesting character and now she's gone.

Good to see that its got a second series...can't wait.

Post #: 146
RE: Being Human - 3/3/2009 10:30:20 AM   
kathryn2

Just watched the last episode last night - really enjoyed it!

Particularly enjoyed Annie kicking ass, and George deciding to take a stand. Thought the effects on the transformation were pretty impressive too, for a TV budget.
Nina should be an interesting storyline for the next series, and the 'psychiatrist' at the end is obviously a set-up for it, too.

I'm looking forward to it!

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 147
RE: Being Human - 3/3/2009 10:44:11 AM   
tftrman

Yeah, the psychiatrist's line, "we've found them" was intriguing. Found them, so the three of them must be wanted by some shadowy group. Now George is coming to terms with being a werewolf he should probably not cry so much in the next series!

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 148
RE: Being Human - 3/3/2009 11:25:42 AM   
Gazdance

One hope I have for the show, now that it is a success, is that it doesn't try to create too detailed a mythology and as a result become bogged down in details.  One thing I have enjoyed is that it is more about the characters rather than trying to explain the 'hows' and 'whys' of vampires, werewolves and ghosts.  We're expected just to accept them without too much exposition and it really works.

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 149
RE: Being Human - 3/3/2009 11:45:54 AM   
DJ Satan

One thing I liked about the series is how it has twisted the family behaviour of Werewolves and Vampires from traditional (White Wolf) portrayals.

The Werewolves seem to be more aware of their ancestry and having one to one relationships with their "sires", whereas the Vampires are more tribal and their sires are irrelevant. This is the reverse of most mythologies.

< Message edited by DJ Satan -- 3/3/2009 1:01:55 PM >

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Being Human Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI