Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: didn't really make sense

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: didn't really make sense Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: didn't really make sense - 3/3/2008 8:27:16 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: udjifudgi

The funniest bits were the sweding parts, but then they decide to make their own film, which sort of destroyed the whole plot of the film. I paid to see funny spoofs of films, not some crap about a person who didnt even exist

Good God!!!!

Fats Waller (the subject of the film they make at the end) was a real person.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to udjifudgi)
Post #: 31
RE: didn't really make sense - 4/3/2008 9:32:04 AM   
lympo

I didn't really enjoy this movie.It felt unorganised and bumpy.Like anyone really,I liked the film remakes,but in my opinion,it felt like the writer didnt know where to go after that. It wasn't a bad movie.Just...okay.

If you read this,you are stupid.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 32
Be Kind Rewind - 8/3/2008 10:03:04 PM   
benhui

Be Kind Rewind tells the story of a video store clerk and his clumsy friend who erases every video in the store through farfetched but funny incident in which he became 'magnetised'. To save losing the few customers they have the two friends decide to remake all the videos with a handheld camcorder leading to hilarious sequences.

This is very much a feel good film, which had me laughing hard. The movie remake scenes are definitely the cream of the film and are hilariously thought up. Top marks to the the writer!

The plot may seem slightly weak ( magnetism?!) and the middle part of the film, which does not involve much making of the films, is rather boring but to tolerable filmgoers that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Jack Black is a favourite actor of mine and he does not disappoint in Be Kind, but it felt a bit like a one man show; Mos Def just cannot compare to Black, and the other big names only play cameo roles.

So, in a way this film is not as complete as it could be and has some issues, but its still funny stuff and I would say don't miss it!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 33
A Welcome Addition to the Cannon - 17/3/2008 4:09:55 PM   
Yozzer66

It’s the Frenchman’s fourth feature film (Human Nature – 2001, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – 2004, and The Science of Sleep - 2006) and it’s excellent... not as great as ‘Eternal Sunshine’ but what is?

Post #: 34
Really hilarious. - 29/3/2008 7:16:19 PM   
nc_jj

This movie made me laugh like never. This movie f***ing rules! If you don't agree well: &?!% off!

< Message edited by nc_jj -- 3/10/2008 12:05:11 AM >

Post #: 35
sheer averageness - 3/4/2008 6:10:27 PM   
udjifudgi

Not funny. Go and see 10000BC, it's way funnier.

Post #: 36
Give it a break! - 14/4/2008 6:00:38 PM   
t_bell

Come on guys it had more heart than...than...the heart man. Okay so it was never rib threatening but it was warm and fuzzy and the ending does leave a lump in the old throat. Very nice.

Post #: 37
Oh dear - 15/4/2008 1:19:01 PM   
FlexDream

I gave up on this after the Ghostbusters remake. Unbeliveable and unfunny. What is the point of this movie? It felt more like a student film project.

Post #: 38
Avoid be Kind - 3/7/2008 12:29:48 AM   
lynnshep

Boring, contrived, and bizarre. Black is extra annoying and weird. Glover is badly miscast and Farow is misused.

Post #: 39
Lukewarm - 3/7/2008 9:46:51 AM   
blaud

Some very funny jokes let down by a plethora of crap ones. A dissapointment

Post #: 40
Uneven and unsure - 12/7/2008 12:39:52 AM   
Leicester Fox

Although enjoyable Be Kind Rewind is an uneven film moving from through jokes to ones which don't work. More importantly is it simply a Jack Black comedy. No. Is it Capraesque movie about the little man fighting back against the odds. Almost. Michel Gondry can obviously attract a good cast but I wish he had been more sure about what he wanted to achieve. Whiniscal and with heart a good try but no Fats cigar.

Post #: 41
RE: didn't really make sense - 6/8/2008 8:58:24 PM   
VictoC

Can't review it as i couldn't make it past the 12th minute and i have never not been able to finish a film no matter how bad!!  Utter tripe

(in reply to udjifudgi)
Post #: 42
Pretty disappointing - 8/8/2008 4:31:55 PM   
Caster

Apart from a couple of good spoofs like Ghostbusters and Rush Hour 2 this falls completely flat, with poor performances and a lame plot that makes no sense whatsoever.

Post #: 43
Actually enjoyed it - 11/8/2008 10:25:10 AM   
philw

Having read a lot of negative comments about this, I feared the worst. However I ended up really enjoying it, sure it was a bit messy but it really charmed me.

Post #: 44
RE: didn't really make sense - 23/8/2008 3:00:15 PM   
doubleshiny

It was all over the place and I did feel a little underwhelmed. I think they stalled at the ideas stage because the premise is strong but they stopped it from being an all out comedy and that's what made it a bit shifty to watch. Still enjoyed it though.

"Claire, that's disgusting" - Sylar, Season 3

(in reply to richmiller)
Post #: 45
Be Kind Rewind - 22/10/2008 12:26:17 AM   
AxelB

It´s sad to see a film with such a charming concept to fail like this one, a film like this has such potential. The concept might be thought by some as outdated and i would agree that it should have been done maybe about 4-5 years earlier since VHS is nowhere to be found anymore(let alone a rental company only renting that format). The film has characters that have Napoleon Dynamite syndrome because they seem to be dumb and somewhat sympethetic for the sake of trying to get the audience like them for that fact. Jack Black seems to be losing his touch in choosing film projects but there s still hope, this is his weakest role that have seen him doing since it offers almost nothing for him to do that hasn´t been done.
I find it highly unlikely that there is a town out there that can even be close to having as black and white tone characters as this one, the townies are either good hearted and dumb or smart people that are as soulless as a TV remote.
The film sadly seems tries to survive on it´s charm that Michel Gondry thought that the film had.

Post #: 46
now for the sweded be kind rewind! - 25/1/2009 10:41:03 AM   
THE DALTONATOR

yes you could take their remakes out of the film and put them on youtube and still have the same effect, yes the magnetism storyline is ridiculous, yes son of rambow may be better but this is a perfectly enjoyable film where i chuckled all the way through and really enjoyed and yet again jack black like he did in school of rock and kung fu panda carries this comedy and i really enjoyed watching him and mos def remake these films.

Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: didn't really make sense Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI