Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Del Toro Gives Hobbit Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Del Toro Gives Hobbit Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Del Toro Gives Hobbit Update - 14/2/2008 11:29:02 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 14/2/2008 11:29:02 AM   
Thulsadoom

Jackson where art thou?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 14/2/2008 12:57:27 PM   
Mopictures

At least we'll get something slightly new and different - don't get me wrong, The Lord of the Rings trilogy is untouchable, but there's over nine hours of it already. This way we'll get a film with the same DNA, but slightly fresh, like Fellowship was back in 2001 when no one expected it.

Post #: 3
nightmare,a poor choice imo - 14/2/2008 1:15:17 PM   
danbo1138

i watched hellboy the other day,and all i can say is NOOOOOOOO,SLOPPY ACTING,AND MEDIOCRE DIRECTION.blade 2 was a 3 star at best,and pans labyrinth bored the shit out of me.i hope this is all net roumor.jackson should get lovely bones out of the way,sod tin tin and do the hobbit instead.

Post #: 4
RE: nightmare,a poor choice imo - 14/2/2008 1:36:11 PM   
Rgirvan44

I was thinking to myself that there had been no Del Toro new this week. Would be unsettling if there wasn't at least one update/production announcemnt/interview.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 5
Not entirely sold - 14/2/2008 2:52:19 PM   
Silvertouch

Y'know, Del Toro isn't the God everyone seems to want us to bow down to, but I'm quite happy he's taking the helm if Jackson can't do it. I'd still prefer Jackson, but I'll still eagerly anticipiate Del Toro's Hobbit.

Post #: 6
I agree - 14/2/2008 3:03:59 PM   
daithi baru

I loved Pan's Labyrinth and enjoyed Hellboy and Blade 2, and The Devils Backbone was one of the best ghost stories I'd seen.... but i know what to expect from this guy if he makes the Hobbit. Im not feelin excited about the prospect of him making it. Why not get someone a bit more unpredictable, like Alfonso Curan or beg Spielberg to make it.

Post #: 7
Big fan of Del Toro... - 14/2/2008 3:57:23 PM   
MadMatt

...but I can't help hoping this lawsuit ties everything up until Peter Jackson has finished with Tin Tin so he can direct it himself. I had my fingers crossed the writer's strike might help in that regard, but now that's over, I'll be keeping an eye on what the Tolkien estate does next. But if Jackson really can't do it, Guillermo is a perfect second choice. On another side note, something I've been thinking about: Del Toro has said he's keen to maintain continuity with the other films, but he never seems to shoot in 2.35:1/2.40:1. If he does get the gig, will he maintain the 'full' widescreen look of LOTR? I hope so - those landscapes deserve it!

Post #: 8
All good in the hood - 14/2/2008 3:58:44 PM   
Tyler_Durden

I like GdT, even if I wish that Jackson was directing. I'm sure it won't be much worse. I hope this lawsuit gets settled sharpish, it would suck if New Line lost the rights. Oh and by the way, why do you keep using that Freddy Krueger-style photo of him?

Post #: 9
Two things... - 15/2/2008 5:05:05 AM   
moviemaniac-7

1) That picture of Del Toro could be from a Kubrick movie
2) "We caught up with Guillermo Del Toro but a few minutes ago" -- Don't you just smile when you can type that, Olly?

O, and 3) Del Toro would be the best choice, besides Jackson, to do The Hobbit. Yay!

Post #: 10
RE: Two things... - 18/3/2008 1:35:26 PM   
Ramus Kham Mehef

Del Toro, eh? I can live with that. I mean sure, I'd prefer to see Peter Jackson back on the bill, as I'm sure everyone else would, but Del Toro's also got a good head on his shoulders and providing he keeps with the spirit of LOTR, I'm eager to see what he comes out with.

(in reply to moviemaniac-7)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Del Toro Gives Hobbit Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI