coooool!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> coooool!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
coooool!! - 14/2/2008 11:25:12 PM   
fantasy89

Woah!!! I didnt know they were serious about Wolverine's movie!!! but I already miss the other characters... there is no hope for a glance of Xavier I guess, is it? and I guess they won't do the story with Lady deathstrike as well...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: minted - 14/2/2008 11:31:45 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tosh

but gash title, hopefully now the writers strike is over someone will come up with another one ;)

Agreed. I mean, why not just 'Wolverine'? Whats wrong with that for a title?

Is it just me or do is claws look extra long in this pic? Liev Shreiber is a good choice also, this looks good to me. I'm just glad and excited that they are MAKING a movie that centres on Wolverine (although, the first two XMen kind of did anyway!)

"It's all.... part of the plan...."

(in reply to Tosh)
Post #: 32
RE: well done to him - 14/2/2008 11:33:55 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cletus Van Damme
Them claws look too CGI'd tho

They look like prosthetics to me....

< Message edited by pablohoolio -- 14/2/2008 11:35:59 PM >

"It's all.... part of the plan...."

(in reply to Cletus Van Damme)
Post #: 33
RE: First Pic From Wolverine The Movie! - 15/2/2008 12:30:30 AM   
Kazuya

Still skeptical about this one, but I was very, very pleased when Liev Schreiber was included in the cast, and I have to say, the new pic of Jackman looks extremely cool, he's gotten in even better shape than he was in the X-Men films it seems, and he looks extremely menacing with teeth bared and claws out. 

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 34
RE: claws - 15/2/2008 11:59:07 AM   
jimoakley666

quote:

ORIGINAL: HitchHiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyo

isnt it supposed to be that wolverine starts out as a normal guy who has bone claws and then when he becomes part of weapon x they add the adamantium to the already existing claws. i dont know but im sure i heard that somewhere..

Yeah, sort of of. Initially in the comics it was always implied that the claws were added by Weapon X, but then an Origin book was released which gave him bone claws and in the process changed about 30 years of canon law. Origin was a really good book, but I always preferred the story of the claws being added. I think I'd prefer if they kept that one for the film.

He always had the bone claws. It was never retconned. When they (the Canadian Gov) wiped his memory they never mentioned to him that he had claws so he kept on accidentally finding out whenever he got so angry his body popped the claws without him thinking about it. It was such a trumatic thing that his mind would heal the mental damage and he'd forget. The Weapons Plus programe injected him with a radioactive isotope so his body was trying to heal that instead and cut his arms open, removed his claws and sharpened them, coated them in Adamantium and reattatched them to his forarm. Grizzly.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(in reply to HitchHiker)
Post #: 35
Empire you sicken me... - 15/2/2008 12:09:21 PM   
DorianAsh

...with your lack of comic book knowledge. Wolverine's claws were originally made of bone, but the claws thmselves and their casing were coated with adamantium. The technology to coat bones with metal is actually far more believalbe than to link prosthetic claws to someonws nervous system wo that they could control them

Post #: 36
RE: Empire you sicken me... - 15/2/2008 1:24:55 PM   
Beno

Have to say in this first pic he looks more like Logan did in the comics than he ever did in any of the X Men movies which can only be a good thing . Is it too much to ask that they do the whole Weapon X gig ??

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to DorianAsh)
Post #: 37
awesomeness in may - 15/2/2008 1:58:11 PM   
Marystar

just ONE picture??!!? give us more i say!! he looks more like X1 wolverine than X3, which is good.

Post #: 38
RE: awesomeness in may - 15/2/2008 2:09:13 PM   
Rumbaabaa

What a stupid expression. I hadn't realised until I saw this pic that the film has been re-invented as a comedy...

(in reply to Marystar)
Post #: 39
Hey! - 16/2/2008 10:47:09 AM   
jimoakley666

Hey hey hey, wait a minute. Is that a Japanese roof behind him?! Does this mean we'll see Logan in Japan? Woooooowww!

Post #: 40
Intersting - 16/2/2008 11:10:17 AM   
Death_Row_Marv

Didnt have to high hopes for this one really but with the cast its now got and the director my hopes did raise but with rumors of the blob being added to the bad guy rosta could be a case of spiderman 3 again

Post #: 41
- 16/2/2008 2:33:57 PM   
Deacon Frost

I have high hopes for this. After the kick in the nuts of a let down that was X3, I so want this to be a decent flick. The character deserves it. I have faith that G. Hood can deliver something of good quality and be respectful to the character(s). Unlike Ratner, who quite simply was not good enough to follow in Singer's footsetps.
Vinny Jones better not be anywhere near this. There was a hint of nepotist casting from his association with Vaughn (who was briefly attached as X3 director) that cheapened X3. The casting on this is pretty strong. Jackman has always delivered as far as I am concerened and with the likes of Schreiber an Butler, he seems to be in good company.

Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> coooool!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI