Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Skins, Season Two.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Skins, Season Two. Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Skins, Season Two. - 11/2/2008 8:06:14 PM   
Boring Prophet

Just thought I'd remind my fellow teenagers and the lurking paedophiles on the forum here about the second series of this surprisingly well-written show.

Tonight at 10pm on E4.
Post #: 1
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 12/2/2008 8:30:18 AM   
juanvasquez

It was a good start to the series. But I hope it gets better.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 2
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 12/2/2008 8:43:21 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

The problem with Skins is they continually advertise it as a drama, when it's actually really, really funny. I only watched it by mistake once and assumed it would be a gritty take on teenage life, which it sort of is but at the same time it's really bloody funny. Well the first series was anyway.

Last night's episode was okay, nice to see Tony back even if he is 'mental'. Liked seeing Bill Bailey and Harry Enfield branching out into acting as well, very interesting. Also did I see Josey Lawrence in one of forthcoming episodes?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 3
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 19/2/2008 5:12:55 PM   
Boring Prophet

Last night's episode was quite disturbing.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 4
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 19/2/2008 8:43:27 PM   
themightyhutch

That was a bit different. Kinda scary to be honest.

That girl is so wierd.

Post #: 5
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 21/2/2008 8:49:56 AM   
Wossy

I'm really liking the new series.
I particularly like the new character Sketch. There's a great interview with her on the new Skins podcast thingy at:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=273046671 

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 6
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 27/2/2008 10:45:20 PM   
The2ndRing

I thought Monday's episode was brilliant, the guy who plays Sid is such a good actor, I found the scene in then nightclub towards the end particularly poignant. 

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library

"Do you know what I like about you?
Fuck all."

(in reply to Wossy)
Post #: 7
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 28/2/2008 12:46:12 PM   
Donnie Murdo

I agree with Kilo about the poor marketing of this programme.  I had pretty much dismissed the first series, assuming it was some trendy drama for teenagers, and I thought the Tony character looked like a bit of a cock.  Then the other characters started to notice he was a cock too, which pleasantly surprised me somewhat.

Also, there are a lot more adults on the programme than the trailers suggest, such as the fantastic Peter Capaldi last night.  I think I'm hooked now.

My Blog - http://weeredsquirrel.com

(in reply to The2ndRing)
Post #: 8
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 28/2/2008 12:56:15 PM   
Base

I'm very old and I like the show.  I only started watching it a couple of weeks ago, the whole first series is available free on 4OD.  Thought the way that Tony has been handled has been very well done.

Haven't enjoyed the second series as much as the first, tho the last one was quite moving, did not see Sid's Dad's death coming...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Donnie Murdo)
Post #: 9
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 28/2/2008 6:08:47 PM   
Boring Prophet

Mark your spoilers please. I would've been well pissed off at you had I not (luckily) managed to catch it on E4 last night at 3am.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 10
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 29/2/2008 6:54:51 PM   
Kenny

******SPOILERS*************

I am really startin to get pissed off with the lack of Cassie! She is without a doubt my favourite character in this! Shes been in the first three episodes for about 5 minutes!

Must agree with Base on this, didnt see Sids dads death coming at all. Really well played.

Well Ive Had a Lovely Evening But This Wasnt It! - Groucho Marx

Post #: 11
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 29/2/2008 7:50:52 PM   
paul_ie86

How many episodes have there been so far this season? I haven't had time to catch it at all

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 12
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 1/3/2008 3:42:10 AM   
Boring Prophet

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 13
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 3/3/2008 10:36:01 AM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

Mark your spoilers please. I would've been well pissed off at you had I not (luckily) managed to catch it on E4 last night at 3am.

Soz, but er, at what point after the show has aired are we allowed to start discussing it?!?!  I wouldn't dare go into a thread about a current show if I hadn't seen the latest episode...

You're up to date now tho, right??  You know that the guy that died wasn't Sid's real Dad, it's actually Tony!!!!  Now THAT I really didn't see coming...! 

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 14
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 3/3/2008 10:43:31 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I'm amazed at the amount of great actors and TV personalities this series manages to pull. Really is a who's who of British TV.

Peter Capaldi is an amazing actor who should be cast more often, loved him in The Crow Road and the underrated Neverwhere.

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 15
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 3/3/2008 11:05:45 AM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

I'm amazed at the amount of great actors and TV personalities this series manages to pull. Really is a who's who of British TV.

Peter Capaldi is an amazing actor who should be cast more often, loved him in The Crow Road and the underrated Neverwhere.

Bugger me, so he was..!  Quick scan of IMDB shows he's in the next series of Doctor Who as well....

Post #: 16
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 3/3/2008 12:12:36 PM   
Donnie Murdo

Completely agree with the Peter Capaldi love.  I reckon his performance in The Thick Of It is the best work he's done.  Reminds me of a Scottish Dr Cox from Scrubs.

I would also like to know when plot details are allowed to be discussed.  Should the thread perhaps be named "Skins - Channel 4 Speed"?

My Blog - http://weeredsquirrel.com

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 17
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 3/3/2008 4:40:27 PM   
Boring Prophet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

Soz, but er, at what point after the show has aired are we allowed to start discussing it?!?!  I wouldn't dare go into a thread about a current show if I hadn't seen the latest episode...

Oh, by all means, discuss away, but just mark any spoilers so that people who haven't seen it yet don't have it accidentally ruined for them.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 18
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 3/3/2008 11:25:28 PM   
paul_ie86

I liked the episode, but were we meant to empathise with Michelle? I just thought she was a complete bitch with her treatment of Tony and the way she went off in a huff when she wasn't the centre of attention. Grow up, Michelle!

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 19
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 4/3/2008 9:57:47 AM   
Base

Do we have to mark it as a spoiler if we discuss that episode because there are tribesman in Borneo who have never even heard of 'television' who saw that ending coming...!

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 20
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 4/3/2008 10:23:09 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

Do we have to mark it as a spoiler if we discuss that episode because there are tribesman in Borneo who have never even heard of 'television' who saw that ending coming...!

Jesus Base, let it go. All he was asking for was you to write spoiler above your spoiler.

horribleives

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 21
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 4/3/2008 10:24:42 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

I liked the episode, but were we meant to empathise with Michelle? I just thought she was a complete bitch with her treatment of Tony and the way she went off in a huff when she wasn't the centre of attention. Grow up, Michelle!

I know what you mean but she did get naked, in quite a tasteful way. Not sure about her and Sid, that was a bit out of the blue wasn't it? 

horribleives

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 22
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 4/3/2008 2:39:36 PM   
Base

quote:

Jesus Base, let it go. All he was asking for was you to write spoiler above your spoiler.

I was simply using it to make a statement on the painfully obvious ending, rather than the discussion about spoilers.  Sorry if it went over your head, I'll try to dumb down my comments a bit...

Post #: 23
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 4/3/2008 4:14:45 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

quote:

I was simply using it to make a statement on the painfully obvious ending, rather than the discussion about spoilers.  Sorry if it went over your head, I'll try to dumb down my comments a bit...

Oh I thought you were alluding to the previous posts...oh course you weren't...

horribleives

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 24
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 4/3/2008 8:35:11 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

***possible spoiler***

That was pretty blatant wasn't it?

Poor Cassie though, she never seems to get a break.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 25
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 4/3/2008 8:42:15 PM   
themightyhutch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

***possible spoiler***

Continuing the spoiler

To be honest I don't really care about Cassie, I'm just happy that Sid got something good in the end, because the last few episodes havn't been good for him.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 26
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 4/3/2008 9:47:10 PM   
Base

Next one's not looking great for him either...

Post #: 27
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 5/3/2008 11:19:14 AM   
Kenny

quote:

ORIGINAL: themightyhutch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

***possible spoiler***

Continuing the spoiler

To be honest I don't really care about Cassie, I'm just happy that Sid got something good in the end, because the last few episodes havn't been good for him.

How could you say something like that? Shes the best character!

Well Ive Had a Lovely Evening But This Wasnt It! - Groucho Marx

Post #: 28
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 11/3/2008 9:23:06 AM   
Empitomezzo

I haven't yet seen Episode 5 as I don't have E4, but Episode 4: I reacted so badly to seeing Sid get together with Michelle, and Cassie's heartbreaking reaction!

http://zummer.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 29
RE: Skins, Season Two. - 18/3/2008 3:34:03 PM   
shawshank prisoner

The first season was entertaining but it's now going from bad to worse. poorly directed, poorly written and while certain members of the cast are very good actors they seem to struggle with the series' new deep, psychological content. it's dug itself into a whole that it'll find tricky to get out of. They won't get past a third season... I'm losing interest already.

(in reply to Empitomezzo)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Skins, Season Two. Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI