Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Scott On His Upcoming Slate

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Scott On His Upcoming Slate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Scott On His Upcoming Slate - 11/2/2008 11:13:01 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Monopoly - 11/2/2008 11:13:01 AM   
Bowl of Wrong

It could be a surrealist masterpiece. A dog chasing a ship* an iron and a top hat around a perfectly square London? Count me in.

*Is there a ship in Monopoly? I seem to remember one...

< Message edited by Bowl of Wrong -- 11/2/2008 11:14:18 AM >

"Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless: I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders, or blacks, for example. If you're one of those, my advice is to leave well alone."

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Monopoly - 11/2/2008 11:39:14 AM   
flipsix3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bowl of Wrong

*Is there a ship in Monopoly? I seem to remember one...

Yep, there certainly was in the set I had as a kid.

This could either be something really special and intelligent, or it could be a complete bag of dross. Time will tell, hopefully RS can deliver on the potential.

< Message edited by flipsix3 -- 11/2/2008 11:40:39 AM >

I'm jus' killin' time. But it won't die.

(in reply to Bowl of Wrong)
Post #: 3
Robin Hood - 11/2/2008 12:35:15 PM   
Foxbaloo McCloud

Really it doesn't matter who plays Hood (although Ridley's initial idea of Hood being the bad guy would have been better). As since Alan Rickman ate most of Prince Of Thieves's scnery as the Sherrif it'll be a brave/foolish man to fill those boots.

< Message edited by Foxbaloo McCloud -- 11/2/2008 12:38:11 PM >

Post #: 4
Robin in Da Hood - 11/2/2008 1:25:27 PM   
deano28

As there has NEVER been a good Robin Hood story committed to film (and don't get me started on that BBC current tripe!), surely now must be the time to realise that it's probably not that great a story, and should be left well and truly alone. It peaked at the Disney cartoon, and only by changing the characters to animals were they able to squeeze any kind of humour from what is obviously a boring (and probably untrue) story.

Also, is Ridley Scott that bereft of ideas that he decides to make movies from things lying around the house? Monopoly???? What next? Gillette Triple Blade Runner? (Remote) Control?

Watch out Empire! He'll probably glance at a current copy of your magazine on his coffee table and decide to make a film of it, except all staff members will be replaced by Russell Crowe, no doubt overcoming the odds (and a strange accent) to single handedly put out a whole magazine before deadline day. Actually, I'd watch that.

Post #: 5
RE: Robin in Da Hood - 11/2/2008 2:11:50 PM   
Rgirvan44

People having a go at the very notion of a Monoploy movie need to see Clue, the film based on the Cludeo. Great cast and it actully keeps within the spirit of the game. It can be done.

As for the Robin Hood side of things - maybe Crowe will be a bad guy but it's his side of the story we watch the movie from. Sort of like we have films from the prespective of the police and others from the gangs. I'm looking forward to it.

But please, can the man make another sci fi movie soon?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to deano28)
Post #: 6
- 11/2/2008 4:02:16 PM   
Stalla

Hey, man! I actually quite like the new BBC version of Robin Hood!

Post #: 7
RE: Robin in Da Hood - 11/2/2008 4:10:48 PM   
deano28

I agree. Clue was great. Watched it again the other night in fact. Although that game had a built in plot with actual characters. Can't see it working with such a London-centric wealth building game.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 8
RE: Robin in Da Hood - 11/2/2008 4:18:51 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: deano28

I agree. Clue was great. Watched it again the other night in fact. Although that game had a built in plot with actual characters. Can't see it working with such a London-centric wealth building game.

I could see a comedy along the lines of Trading Places being possible, not in terms of plot but in tone.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to deano28)
Post #: 9
I Wonder? - 11/2/2008 4:46:01 PM   
joanna likes films

Hmm, I wonder? What if Russell does play the Sheriff as a good guy and Robin as the bad guy? It sounds like a really cool idea and it should go ahead after this writer's strike which I'm hoping it will stop soon. So fingers crossed and hope it will go on ahead. It could be a really intersting movie.

Post #: 10
- 11/2/2008 9:39:41 PM   
b00sh

could this start a whole new craze of boardgame movies (ALA comic book movies), if so i can't wait to see the kerplunk and buckeroo movies

Post #: 11
Prince of Thieves Was Drivel - 11/2/2008 11:52:27 PM   
badsanta

Prince of Thieves was absolute Hollywood drivel: a fat balding American Robin Hood? F**k off! The best Robin Hood film ever made (including The Adventures of Robin Hood) is Dick Lester's Robin and Marian starring Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn. Beautiful, funny and haunting - and with a John Barry score. Hurrah!

Post #: 12
- 12/2/2008 9:00:45 AM   
TufnellStHubbins

Hmmm...never thought of Monopoly like that. I reckon in his hands it could be a great little British movie. Less about buying houses and trading them in for hotels and more about the human aspects to rivalry etc...Also Robin Hood? bring it on...

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Scott On His Upcoming Slate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI