Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Affliction Banned

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Affliction Banned Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Affliction Banned - 26/3/2010 4:27:43 PM   
Art Vandelay

Yeah, apparently he's got the longest reach in the whole of the UFC. And that includes longer than Heavyweight Stefan Struve, who's about 6ft 11! Freaky but effective.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 121
RE: Affliction Banned - 26/3/2010 5:15:22 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay
And as much as I like Hardy, I really can't see him getting the win here. The reality is that you're not gonna win by decision against GSP. He's too dominant and relentless over 5 rounds. For me, Hardy's only chance is catching him on the chin (Serra style) but if he didn't manage to finish either Davis or Swick, what chance does he have against GSP? I really hope I end up eating my words though, as I'd love an English champion, not to mention the increase in British fans it would earn for the UFC.

Gah!! I hate to say it but I think you're right. If it was kickboxing match I'd actually go with Hardy, he's a heavier hitter if technically equal but it's not and GSP is too smart for that, it'll go to ground and be a subbage of some sort for a GSP victory.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 122
RE: Affliction Banned - 27/3/2010 2:29:40 PM   
Art Vandelay

Also, who do you guys think is gonna win between Mir vs. Carwin. I genuinely can't predict it! For me, it's by far the anticipated fight of the night.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 123
RE: Affliction Banned - 27/3/2010 2:39:06 PM   
GrimLock

Hardy to win, not sure about Mir vs Carwin, but i'll stick my neck out and say Mir in the second.

Post #: 124
RE: Affliction Banned - 27/3/2010 2:52:18 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm going to go with Carwin, the man has brutal knockout power and although Mirs stand up has improved greatly I just think Carwin will be to big and powerful for him. Plus, I'd rather see Carwin take on Lesnar than Mir for a third time.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to GrimLock)
Post #: 125
RE: Affliction Banned - 28/3/2010 11:40:06 AM   
Funkyrae

Well Hardy may have lost but he sure as hell proved himself! The pain he must have been in with the positions his arms ended up in! I was wincing watching it.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 126
RE: Affliction Banned - 28/3/2010 1:25:37 PM   
GrimLock

Good job i didn't put a bet on, Doh!

Where is Frank Mir going to go now? , and how Hardy hasn't got a broken arm i'll never know (His shoulder will be sore this morning)

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 127
RE: Affliction Banned - 28/3/2010 5:14:35 PM   
Art Vandelay

I agree, So impressed with Hardy. I imagine he's earnt a lot of new fans from that performance, despite the obvious dominance by GSP. And Joe Rogan seemed to be hinting at him moving up to Middleweight which he sadly isn't considering now. The next contenders to fight him? Fitch, Koscheck, Daley. I just feel that each of them will get utterly dominated. No disrespect to them or anyone in the division but he's wrestling and technique is simply too good! Think its time he moved up to Middleweight in sight of a new challenge.

Oh, and Carwin...Wow. Lesnar vs. Carwin is going to be insane.

(in reply to GrimLock)
Post #: 128
RE: Affliction Banned - 29/3/2010 10:39:50 AM   
BigKovacs

Props to Hardy. Apparantly GSP was actually going 100% on his arm and was trying to break it.

Post #: 129
RE: Affliction Banned - 29/3/2010 11:03:22 AM   
CORLEONE

"This guy's one tough Brit"

Amazed he didn't tap out. GSP is great but my God he's boring. Going toe to toe with Hardy never a good idea so I guess he got his tactics right!

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 130
RE: Affliction Banned - 4/4/2010 8:04:10 PM   
Riddick_J

Any one watch the Ultimate Fighter with Liddel and Ortiz as captains. Welterweights all look pretty good should be a good season, and that was one nasty broken nose that dude got.

I'm not saying i don't trust you and I'm not saying i do, but i don't.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 131
RE: Affliction Banned - 5/4/2010 5:48:44 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Oh pants, have I missed the first episode? Is it repeated? I've set next weeks to record, Saturdays 11pm on Five USA yeah?

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 132
TUF - 5/4/2010 6:37:41 PM   
JJ Holiday

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Oh pants, have I missed the first episode? Is it repeated? I've set next weeks to record, Saturdays 11pm on Five USA yeah?

Every single episode/fight/finale is now up online, including the new season. All fights here are unedited

http://www.ultimatefighter.com/

I wasn't really interested in this until I heard about the big rumours of this season, I need to watch I guess to see exactly what happens.

"Stay frosty"

Post #: 133
RE: TUF - 5/4/2010 9:31:44 PM   
Riddick_J

Yea Saturdays Five USA at 11pm. And if you go to the website above Charley Lynch v Clayton Mckinney is the fight with the nasty broken nose.

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 134
RE: TUF - 6/4/2010 2:23:18 PM   
GrimLock

Does anyone know what time UFC 112 will start on ESPN on saturday?

Is there a time difference because its in Abu Dhabi?

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 135
RE: TUF - 6/4/2010 7:22:51 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: JJ Holiday

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Every single episode/fight/finale is now up online, including the new season. All fights here are unedited

http://www.ultimatefighter.com/

I wasn't really interested in this until I heard about the big rumours of this season, I need to watch I guess to see exactly what happens.

That's great.

I can't seem to find the full episode though, I can only find the aftermath. How long does it take for the new season episodes to appear?

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 136
RE: TUF - 6/4/2010 11:49:28 PM   
/Clarence\

Starts at 5pm on ESPN (British Time).
Glad I dont have to stay up til stupid O'Clock.

Log off, that "cookies" shit makes me nervous!

(in reply to GrimLock)
Post #: 137
RE: TUF - 7/4/2010 2:42:23 PM   
BigKovacs

Who's that in your Avi Clarence?

(in reply to /Clarence\)
Post #: 138
RE: TUF - 7/4/2010 4:23:34 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Fedor....

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 139
RE: TUF - 7/4/2010 4:43:36 PM   
BigKovacs

Thanks, it was bugging me. I thought it was Rutten but the pies give it away.

Post #: 140
RE: TUF - 10/4/2010 10:12:47 PM   
Riddick_J

Looks like Anderson Silva is getting bored beating everybody, he was taking the piss in his fight tonight could of ended whenever he wanted.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 141
RE: TUF - 12/4/2010 12:19:51 AM   
kata

That fight was a joke and very disrespectful to Maia.  I wanted Maia to land a lucky shot and knock him out in the end.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 142
RE: TUF - 12/4/2010 1:02:14 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I decided to watch UFC for the first time tonight, the Welterweight Championship fight, and fuck me was that boring, St Pierre the undisputed champion was just rolling round on the floor hugging the guy for 5 rounds straight (I know they were submissions but most of the time they didn't look like it).

I hope most other fights are more interesting than that, as that fight has just put me right off UFC and I was hoping to get into it.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 143
RE: TUF - 12/4/2010 6:27:00 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

That fight was a joke and very disrespectful to Maia.  I wanted Maia to land a lucky shot and knock him out in the end.

It really was disrespectful, and it's no wonder Dana White was doing his nut. Anderson might be good but to be honest I think he's a fucking joke. Most of his fights are painfully boring because he's a counter puncher and most people are weary of getting in the octogon and trading with him, Silva just dances around like a prick to make it look like he's doing something when he actually isn't. He's bloody boring. It's only when he goes in against someone like Forrest Griffin (who will always come forward) that we get a good fight, but like I say that's mainly down to the opponent. I just can't stand Silva.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 144
RE: TUF - 12/4/2010 8:19:05 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I decided to watch UFC for the first time tonight, the Welterweight Championship fight, and fuck me was that boring, St Pierre the undisputed champion was just rolling round on the floor hugging the guy for 5 rounds straight (I know they were submissions but most of the time they didn't look like it).

I hope most other fights are more interesting than that, as that fight has just put me right off UFC and I was hoping to get into it.

That is one of the main prob with people and ufc unless you actually know what there trying to do when there grappling on the ground it can come across quite boring. i was the same as you until i had some mma lesson's and my viewing of ufc changed.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 145
RE: TUF - 12/4/2010 10:20:08 AM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

That is one of the main prob with people and ufc unless you actually know what there trying to do when there grappling on the ground it can come across quite boring. i was the same as you until i had some mma lesson's and my viewing of ufc changed.

Thats very true, the UFC (and all MMA arenas) have some of the most exciting stand-up in combat sports today but the grappling is usually an unwelcome break for spectators and it's understandable. I used to find it boring until I took up BJJ and now I can appreciate it as a master class.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 146
RE: TUF - 12/4/2010 11:20:53 AM   
kata

I always tell people that as soon as it goes to ground it's pure technique.  Can see how it can be boring for newcomers who don't have much of an understanding,  they watch for explosive finishes and end up watching to guys roll about on the floor for 25 minutes.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 147
RE: TUF - 13/4/2010 2:30:02 PM   
Art Vandelay

It's no different to any other sport I suppose. Someone who has little interest in Football could see an amazing 10-pass play that leads to a goal and be relatively unimpressed yet to a fan of the sport, that's just, if not more impressive than a 35 yard screamer. The same can be said for MMA. It's got to the point now where I find an out-of-nowhere submission just as exciting as an explosive KO. Keep watching SHP!

And yeah, what a bizarre PPV. Edgar winning the title was the biggest upset I've seen since Serra defeated GSP and then Silva goes and overshadows it entirely; yet not in the way that many of us would have expected. I can't explain what happened to him in the final 2 rounds and in the first 3, although coming off as impressive, still did himself no favours. To mock someone with obvious lacklustre stand-up skills in simply pointless. It would have been no different if Maia had gone to ground and started screaming at Silva to join him. One thing's for sure, Maia earned a lot of new fans. A broken nose and only one visible eye and yet He was the one swinging come the end of the fight.

The worst thing about this is that it makes MMA look like a complete joke. Whilst watching the replay of fight, I began to flick over to the David Haye fight and for the first time in quite a while, boxing looked like the superior sport. It wasn't the most exciting fight but at least it wasn't a man prancing around an octagon and treating the whole thing as a joke. God knows what a first time viewer would have thought if that was the first fight they witnessed!

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 148
RE: TUF - 13/4/2010 7:28:21 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

God knows what a first time viewer would have thought if that was the first fight they witnessed!

When I read Naths post about the GSP fight I was thinking "Please don't watch the Silva in a few weeks!"

Post #: 149
RE: TUF - 24/5/2010 11:32:34 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Just watching 113. Only his second fight, but Matt Mitrione could turn into one very scary puppy.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Affliction Banned Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI