Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Affliction Banned

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Affliction Banned Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Affliction Banned - 9/9/2009 9:56:09 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riddick_J

In a milestone deal which brings the world's most exciting sport to British terrestrial television audiences for the very first time, the Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) organisation has announced highlights of the best UFC action will be screened on the FIVE network on a delayed basis.

In the coming months, a regular and newly created programme UFC: Main Event - will showcase the featured attraction bouts of some the UFC's biggest upcoming cards, plus the most exciting undercard fights. To kick off the series, FIVE will air UFC 102: Main Event featuring the instant classic between Randy Couture and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Monday September 14, 2009 at midnight.

In addition to UFC: Main Event, FIVE's sister channel, FIVE USA, is now the new home of the UFC's groundbreaking reality TV series The Ultimate Fighter. The most successful series of its kind, The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) sees reality television collide with combat sport as 16 of the best unsigned mixed martial arts fighters in the world live together, train together and ultimately fight each other for the prize of a six-figure contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

I havnt got ESPN so i thought this was pretty cool news, sorry if this has already been posted though.

The Ulitmate Fighter should be a pretty cool season because Jackson and Evans hate each other plus we get to see how Kimbo does.
Starts on the 19th Sept.

That's fantastic news, I'm not all that fussed about the highlights show as I watch the PPVs in full a couple of days after the event on DVD but that is great news about TUF because I wasn't willing to pay 9 a month for ESPN just for TUF. Roll on September 19th.......

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 91
RE: Affliction Banned - 9/11/2009 9:08:12 AM   
timomouse

Three great weekends of MMA. This past Saturday Fedor started Affliction, Next weekend UFC 105, weekend after UFC 106.

On Affliction, dear god did Fedor nearly get knocked out. I've not seen a full fight of his before but if he ever did sort himself out and go to UFC, he'd get beat based on that evidence. Although it was one hell of a punch to get the win!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 92
RE: Affliction Banned - 9/11/2009 7:29:53 PM   
Art Vandelay

If that's the only fight you've seen on Fedor so far, then it isn't the best reflection of his skills. For me, it just showed that Rogers is also the real deal. If the UFC can't get Fedor, then Rogers would make a great addition to the roster.

I'm off to Manchester for UFC 105. Ridiculously excited. It helps that it's an amazing fight card! For certain fans anyway.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 93
RE: Affliction Banned - 13/11/2009 7:19:57 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I'm a bit behind, just watching UFC 104. What a dominating performance by Velasquez. Travesty in the Machida fight and the crowd agreed with that, I don't know what fight the judges were watching.

Looking forward to 105 at the weekend.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 13/11/2009 12:59:00 PM >

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 94
RE: Affliction Banned - 14/11/2009 8:51:47 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Just hope Bisping can get back to winning ways and that Hardy carries on with his good form. Looking forward to seeing Pearson in action aswell.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 95
RE: Affliction Banned - 14/11/2009 10:48:56 PM   
timomouse

Pearson was very impressive, as was Bisping. But the Judges must have been watching a different headline from everyone else - Randy won the first round easy, lost the third easy and it came down to a tight second that went Vera's way. Ah well, always going to be a bit of controversy.

Post #: 96
RE: Affliction Banned - 16/11/2009 7:56:41 AM   
Funkyrae

Come on Dan against GSP! He's going to have his work cut out there though. That won't be a fight he can afford to play around with.

That's me that is!

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 97
RE: Affliction Banned - 16/11/2009 7:56:54 AM   
Sledge Hammer

apparently Brock Lesnar is seriously, and I mean seriously ill.

Rumours that he maynever fight again its that bad.

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 98
RE: Affliction Banned - 16/11/2009 1:03:06 PM   
GrimLock

I thought UFC 105 was excellent, some really good fights, Didn't think Couture won though (but what do i know)

Yeah read about Lesnar, Dana White has said its not HIV or cancer but its really bad, wonder whats up with him?

Did Pearson win? i didn't see his fight.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 99
RE: Affliction Banned - 16/11/2009 4:52:28 PM   
Funkyrae

Yep, Pearson won. Pretty convincingly too.

That's me that is!

(in reply to GrimLock)
Post #: 100
RE: Affliction Banned - 16/11/2009 7:04:45 PM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrimLock

I thought UFC 105 was excellent, some really good fights, Didn't think Couture won though (but what do i know)

I agree entirely. I was at the Event on Saturday and although the crowd went crazy when Couture was announced the winner, there were quite a few people sitting there rather confused (me being one of them). Randy may have controlled the direction of the fight somewhat, but Vera inflicted all the major blows, including a knockdown and a possible takedown. Plus people (including the judges) seem to forget that a fighter's defence counts for a great deal in a fight and Vera's takedown defence was very impressive throughout the fight; especially against an opponent such as Couture. I know Dana tells fighters not to leave the result in the hands of the judges but after the last two controversial PPV decisions, it's starting to get slightly embarrassing.

Okay, rant over. A great PPV overall. Someone who really has improved over the last year or so is Matt Brown. Gone from being just a tough brawler to quite a technical and smart fighter. Had obviously been working on his takedown defence for this fight and it showed. Plus he's gotta be one of the hardest fighters around. How he got out of that late Kimora attempt is beyond me!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

(in reply to GrimLock)
Post #: 101
RE: Affliction Banned - 20/11/2009 8:59:55 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Something to do with having a hole in his intestine if stories are to be believed, that can never be good, never mind for a fighter.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 102
RE: Affliction Banned - 20/11/2009 10:30:51 PM   
timomouse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Something to do with having a hole in his intestine if stories are to be believed, that can never be good, never mind for a fighter.

Yep, and scarily, that he had this when owning Couture and Mir. When Brock gets back to full fitness, he is going to destroy Fedor if that's actually the case because he's dominated top fighters while seriously ill.

Post #: 103
RE: Affliction Banned - 17/12/2009 11:53:47 AM   
BigKovacs

It's a bit brief but yeah it sounds like ropey intestines USA TODAY

It will be very hard to recover from this and return to world class status if he's 32 now. The guy can be an arsehole but I hope he gets over it as best he can.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 104
RE: Affliction Banned - 17/12/2009 11:00:51 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Bloody hell, BJ did a number on Sanchez, the guy is turning out to be a machine at Lightweight. I actually thought Sanchez would have the edge....that'll teach me.

Looking forward to Liddell V Tito on TUF and especially Hardy/GSP which I think is taking place in March.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 105
RE: Affliction Banned - 5/1/2010 10:55:51 AM   
BigKovacs

Yeah BJ is a class act, how old is he now?? (being a lazy ass and not googling) He's a pretty consistent fighter considering how long he's been in the game.

Post #: 106
RE: Affliction Banned - 5/1/2010 3:49:01 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

He's 31 I think so there's still a lot of life left in the old dog yet aswell. Evans survived a last round onslaught from Silva aswell and has put himself fight back in the Light Heavyweight title race again although I still can't see him beating Machida.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 107
RE: Affliction Banned - 12/1/2010 10:21:05 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

Bloody hell, BJ did a number on Sanchez, the guy is turning out to be a machine at Lightweight. I actually thought Sanchez would have the edge....that'll teach me.

Looking forward to Liddell V Tito on TUF and especially Hardy/GSP which I think is taking place in March.

March 27th! Bring it on! Can't wait for that one.

That's me that is!

Post #: 108
RE: Affliction Banned - 12/1/2010 3:21:47 PM   
Art Vandelay

As much as I'd like to see the Welterweight Title switch hands, does anyone actually think Hardy stands a chance? I'd love to see him win it but for me, he's gonna be simply outclassed in every area of his game. He showed that he had a good chin against Swick but apart from another rare Matt Serra incident occurring, I can't see any way in which he can get the win. Especially not spread over 5 rounds. And because of this, I'm struggling to get that exicted for this fight.

But here's hoping everything I've said turns out to be entirely incorrect and I'm proven wrong!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 109
RE: Affliction Banned - 14/1/2010 10:26:15 AM   
BigKovacs

quote:

He's 31 I think so there's still a lot of life left in the old dog yet aswell. Evans survived a last round onslaught from Silva aswell and has put himself fight back in the Light Heavyweight title race again although I still can't see him beating Machida.

He'll be fine then, MMA fighters can age pretty well if they fight smart.

Going back to Lesnar, apparently he will fight again according to his trainers Greg Nielson and Marty Morgan. A mate told me so I can't find a link unfortunately, could be bull but if I get one I'll post it up.

Post #: 110
RE: Affliction Banned - 18/1/2010 4:31:02 PM   
Funkyrae

Well THIS would suggest that he's back in training as all it says is that he wasn't able to train for a month.

That's me that is!

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 111
RE: Affliction Banned - 20/1/2010 8:27:16 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=306923

He should be able to fight in the summer.....

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 112
RE: Affliction Banned - 23/2/2010 5:27:03 PM   
BigKovacs

So did anyone catch 110 in Sydney??

Post #: 113
RE: Affliction Banned - 23/2/2010 5:33:57 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

No but I hear Bisping got beaten by Silva

Rashad V Rampage announced for UFC 114 in May, can't wait for that one

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 114
RE: Affliction Banned - 24/2/2010 12:34:33 PM   
Art Vandelay

From what I saw, I would have given the first 2 rounds to Bisping. But Silva got a knockdown in the last 10 seconds of the fight and I guess that stuck in the judges' head.

Post #: 115
RE: Affliction Banned - 26/2/2010 2:44:20 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

From what I saw, I would have given the first 2 rounds to Bisping. But Silva got a knockdown in the last 10 seconds of the fight and I guess that stuck in the judges' head.

I made it a draw at least, Bisping landed more shots all round. Silva looked busted up at the end and Bisping was fine but thats UFC scoring I guess.

Post #: 116
RE: Affliction Banned - 22/3/2010 8:48:50 AM   
Funkyrae

So, GSP or Hardy?

That's me that is!

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 117
RE: Affliction Banned - 22/3/2010 1:29:11 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I want Hardy to win but GSP will just be far too much for him to handle.

I was incredibly impressed with 'Bones' Jones last night, that was a pretty spectacular result against Vera. I think this guy will go far....

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 118
RE: Affliction Banned - 22/3/2010 3:46:22 PM   
Art Vandelay

To quote Joe Rogan, Jon Jones 'is for real!' I genuinely think you could put him in a match-up with nearly any LHW and he could walk out victorious. Unlike other sports, with MMA being one where you're constantly improving (late 20s - 30 around your prime), the fact that he's only 22 is scary. What's he gonna be like in a year or two!? The same goes for Dos Santos. He's a handful for anyone Heavyweight. Dos Santos vs. Cain Velazquez anyone?

And as much as I like Hardy, I really can't see him getting the win here. The reality is that you're not gonna win by decision against GSP. He's too dominant and relentless over 5 rounds. For me, Hardy's only chance is catching him on the chin (Serra style) but if he didn't manage to finish either Davis or Swick, what chance does he have against GSP? I really hope I end up eating my words though, as I'd love an English champion, not to mention the increase in British fans it would earn for the UFC.

Post #: 119
RE: Affliction Banned - 26/3/2010 4:05:17 PM   
BigKovacs

Jones was indeed awesome. He's an awkward looking chap (for his opponents) and has those lush hip throws that aren't that common in the UFC. If he carries on as he is I reckon he could cause a bit of a shake up in the fight tactics in a lot of camps.

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Affliction Banned Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI