Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - 21/4/2009 12:53:22 PM   
Sledge Hammer

shame to see Chuck get sparked out again - time to hang up the gloves.

The silva fight was terrible but not Silvas fault. He won it without taking any damage which surely is the first rule - obviously Dana wants action but who can blame him. He's got to pick his next fights more carefully against someone who will try and fight as apposed to grappling.

Quick question for you Art - The name obviously comes from Seinfeld and on the BBC forums there is a mma poster who uses George Louis Costanza as his name - are you the same person?

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 61
RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - 24/5/2009 12:33:56 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I totally forgot about this thread also, 97 was an awful PPV, not only was the Silva/Leites fight utter tosh but Chuck got knocked out  It's time Silva moved up to light heavyweight, he has nothing to prove staying at middleweight, there's no one who can touch him, having said that I'd love to see Bisping have a crack at him.

So It's 98 tomorrow and Evans Vs Machida, I think theres a high possibility the light heavyweight belt could be changing hands again as I think Machida might just do it. It's a shame injury put the Evans/Jackson fight on the back burner because that would have been a good one, especially after their little staredown at 96.

I'm watching the Ulitmate Fighter aswell, Team UK are certainly taking it to the US. Loved it a few weeks back when Frank was saying he was going to knock the UK guys teeth out because he hated him and in the end got a total beating and his own teeth stuck in his gum shield. How shit is Bisping at tennis?! Stick to the day job!

UFC100 looks like a cracker on paper.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 62
RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - 25/5/2009 12:48:15 AM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I totally forgot about this thread also, 97 was an awful PPV, not only was the Silva/Leites fight utter tosh but Chuck got knocked out  It's time Silva moved up to light heavyweight, he has nothing to prove staying at middleweight, there's no one who can touch him, having said that I'd love to see Bisping have a crack at him.

Well he's set to face Forrest Griffin at UFC 101, which should be quite a test. Griffin has a tendency to take down the big faces. And if Bisping manages to defeat Henderson, then Silva will most likely be his next opponent.

Machida was a different class as expected. I can't see anyone taking the belt off him for some time to come. He's style is just too precise and unique. In fact, if there's anyone that could stand a chance against him, it's probably Silva. Now there's a dream match up!

And nope, that guy ain't me Sledge Hammer. Great username though!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 63
RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - 3/7/2009 6:16:32 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Good news....

quote:

After the collapse of Setanta Sport last week, UFC fans in the UK may have been left wondering how they would get to watch their favorite mixed martial arts event. But it looks as though fans have good news in store, as it has been announced that UFC 100 will definitely air in the UK.
According to The Sun, there had been speculation on whether the event would be screened on Bravo on a tape delay, but it has recently been revealed that the Mandalay Bay event will be broadcast live, so UFC 100 fans can watch the action as it happens.
The UFC 100 is said to be the biggest event in MMA history and it looks as though it could be Virgin 1 that is the favorite to screen the spectacular event, although there is said to be six TV channels in all, that are battling it out for the rights to screen it. 

Post #: 64
RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - 3/7/2009 5:54:04 PM   
Art Vandelay

Indeed. Quite a relief reading that. On the topic of UFC 100, it does have the potential to be one of the greatest PPV events us MMA fans have ever seen. Maybe because despite GSP and Lesnar appearing so dominant in their division, there's a big possibility we could see two titles change hands next week!
GSP is set to face his hardest test to date against a guy that doesn't look or even fight like a Welterweight and could quite easily rock GSP and cause an upset. And with Mir vs. Lesnar; that fight could end a number of different ways...here's hoping via a Mir submission!

And I know Bisping can be a bit of cocky prick sometimes but I'm rooting for him 100% of the way!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

Post #: 65
RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - 3/7/2009 9:17:18 PM   
JJ Holiday

Predicions for UFC 100:

MAIN CARD

• Brock Lesnar vs.Frank Mir 
  • Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
  • Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
  • Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson
  • Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman
  • Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
  • Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien
  • C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
  • Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty
  • T.J. Grant vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Just to let you know, my predictions are always wrong.

"Stay frosty"

Post #: 66
RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - 7/7/2009 7:50:53 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

We're on Tuesday and UFC 100 is on Saturday and still no announcement regarding the broadcasting on UK television. I'm starting to get a little worried now....

Predicions for UFC 100:

MAIN CARD

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman
  • Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
  • Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien
  • C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
  • Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty
  • T.J. Grant vs. Dong Hyun Kim

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 67
RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - 7/7/2009 1:20:49 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

*Wipes sweat from brow*

quote:

It looks like we will have to wait until Weds or Thurs this week for an official announcement, and crystal clear confirmation firstly, as regards to where UFC 100 will be screened this weekend, and secondly, which channel(s) will host UFC events going forward.
Setanta’s demise has left us all in a pickle.
There has been an assurance from the UFC that its centennial event (UFC 100), which takes place at the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, this weekend - where Octagon-side tickets have been like gold dust and have changed hands for as much as $45,000 US dollars - will be live in the UK.
There is great interest in the event - with Britain’s Michael Bisping bidding to become the first fighter from these shores to challenge for a UFC title, if he can dispose of MMA great Dan Henderson, who stands in his way of a tilt at ‘The Spider’, Anderson Silva.
I spoke to Michael Bisping last night, and he is in the finest fettle of his career. He will need to be against Henderson. 

I have it on good authority - though not confirmed - that both ESPN and Channel 5 have been bidding hard for a deal with the UFC, but it would not surprise me if Virgin 1, or even Bravo, screen the live event this weekend.

Post #: 68
UFC 100 - Sky Channel 433! - 9/7/2009 4:36:00 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

UFC 100 will air LIVE and FREE on Sky channel 433, the mixed martial arts promotion have confirmed.
SunSport can exclusively reveal the biggest show in MMA history will also be available to watch on UFC.com.
For fans wanting to see the Las Vegas spectacular on TV, Sky channel 433 — formerly the Racing World network — will effectively become a UFC station for nine hours only.
And viewers will be able to catch all the action from the biggest fight night of the year completely free of charge.
As an exciting bonus for British fans, Sky channel 433's coverage will begin at 9pm on Saturday with all five episodes of the UFC's Top 100 Fights.
They will be followed by the official Countdown to UFC 100 programme, taking you up to 3am when the spotlight switches to Las Vegas.
Anyone without a Sky subscription need not worry as every punch, kick and submission will be shown on the UFC's official website.
For details on how to watch the event live online, simply visit UFC.com.
Included on the historic UFC 100 card are championship battles between heavyweight juggernauts Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir, and welterweight wrecking machines Georges St Pierre and Thiago Alves.
Ultimate Fighter coaches Michael 'The Count' Bisping and former Pride champion Dan Henderson will also clash in a middleweight showdown.
Beyond UFC 100, there are further exciting announcements in the pipeline for British UFC fans

Post #: 69
RE: UFC 100 - Sky Channel 433! - 9/7/2009 7:36:51 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

quote:

UFC 100 will air LIVE and FREE on Sky channel 433, the mixed martial arts promotion have confirmed.
SunSport can exclusively reveal the biggest show in MMA history will also be available to watch on UFC.com.
For fans wanting to see the Las Vegas spectacular on TV, Sky channel 433 — formerly the Racing World network — will effectively become a UFC station for nine hours only.
And viewers will be able to catch all the action from the biggest fight night of the year completely free of charge.
As an exciting bonus for British fans, Sky channel 433's coverage will begin at 9pm on Saturday with all five episodes of the UFC's Top 100 Fights.
They will be followed by the official Countdown to UFC 100 programme, taking you up to 3am when the spotlight switches to Las Vegas.
Anyone without a Sky subscription need not worry as every punch, kick and submission will be shown on the UFC's official website.
Included on the historic UFC 100 card are championship battles between heavyweight juggernauts Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir, and welterweight wrecking machines Georges St Pierre and Thiago Alves.
Ultimate Fighter coaches Michael 'The Count' Bisping and former Pride champion Dan Henderson will also clash in a middleweight showdown.
Beyond UFC 100, there are further exciting announcements in the pipeline for British UFC fans

Get in

Post #: 70
RE: UFC 100 - Sky Channel 433! - 9/7/2009 7:37:01 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

quote:

Post #: 71
RE: UFC 100 - Sky Channel 433! - 10/7/2009 1:34:33 PM   
wojster

Does anyone know when this is going to appear on SKY Guide I want to get my SKY + ready

The Ayatola Of Rock n Rolla

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 72
RE: UFC 100 - Sky Channel 433! - 10/7/2009 6:31:29 PM   
Art Vandelay

Its up now! Very good news. Looking at the TV Guide, we've got 9 hours of UFC to look forward to tomorrow night!

MAIN CARD

Brock Lesnar vs.Frank Mir

Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

PRELIMINARY CARD

Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman

Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller

Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien

C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor

Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty

T.J. Grant vs. Dong Hyun Kim

(in reply to wojster)
Post #: 73
RE: UFC 100 - Sky Channel 433! - 10/7/2009 7:20:29 PM   
wojster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

Its up now! Very good news. Looking at the TV Guide, we've got 9 hours of UFC to look forward to tomorrow night!

MAIN CARD

Brock Lesnar vs.Frank Mir

Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

PRELIMINARY CARD

Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman

Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller

Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien

C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor

Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty

T.J. Grant vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Perfect sunday viewing after a session on the drink
May even try to watch the Main Event when i get in

The Ayatola Of Rock n Rolla

Post #: 74
Kimbo Slice on TUF!!! - 11/7/2009 9:37:41 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm at work on nights so will be watching on UFC.com from 3am, IO have set the whole 9 hours to record on Sky+ at home though

Loving the fact that Kimbo Slice is going to be one of the heavyweights on the next Ultimate Fighter

(in reply to wojster)
Post #: 75
RE: Kimbo Slice on TUF!!! - 11/7/2009 9:56:47 PM   
Art Vandelay

Yeah, another clever move by Dana. He's stated many a time how he isn't a fan of Kimbo, but this is gonna bring in quite a few new fans. Plus, Rampage & Rashad do not get on!

I'd also like to comment on how there appear to be no adverts on this UFC build-up...Thank you Racing Channel!

Post #: 76
RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship - 12/7/2009 7:21:45 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Predicions for UFC 100:

MAIN CARD

Well, one out of five wasn't bad  To be fair though I think Belcher was robbed, how Akiyama won I will never know.

Lesnar proved he can live up to the hype and if he carries on like that I fear there's only one man who can stop him....Fedor.

GSP proved what a quality fighter he is once again totally dominating an out of sorts Alves, great performance, and he was injured for the last two rounds.

Bisping looked well out of his depth against Henderson who looked in great shape. I do have to say Bisping got his gameplan totally wrong, well, he executed it terribly at least. Why circle to the right against Henderson? He got what he was asking for in the end and it was a straight knockout, he didn't even know where he was when he came round.

Post #: 77
RE: UFC - Coors light for the winners - 12/7/2009 8:01:37 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Lesnar's ground and pound was just animal
GSP was shear quality

Post #: 78
RE: UFC - Coors light for the winners - 12/7/2009 10:12:21 PM   
JJ Holiday

Well I went 6-5 with my picks, which is just above par I guess. Better than usual.

Where to start....Akiyama won. It was a clear 29-28, Belcher had no asnwer on the ground. Also it looked like Belcher and Sexy were two weight classes apart. Akiyama should conseder welterweight, he could definatley make it. I was gutted for Bisping, but he was out of his depth. He isn't as good as we've been told that he is, I think earlier on in this thread I called him out on it but supported him anyway. Hendersons a prick, the last shot was dirt cheap.

Bonnar lost to Coleman. Fuck that guy's career is over, that knee injury must have screwed him up. Feel bad for the guy as he always puts himself in harms way for the fans. Glad to see Bones continue his run, the boy has got a bright future.

GSP has literally cleaned out the division. He has no other opponents. A Kampman v Swick fight at 103 will determine a top contender but nobody wants to see another white wash. UFC really need to bring in some talent from elsewhere at 170. Jake Shields being the obvious choice. I think that GSP might be too small for 185, not that he couldn't be successful, but against the top guys he might be giving away too much. Who knows where he'll go from here.

Aside from the wholly unprofessional, WWF bullshit that he pulled after the fight I was impressed by Lesnar. Mir made the mistake of closing the distance on Brock and asking to be taken down. He was then stifled by a world class wrestler and punished. Frank Mir's pain threshold resembles that of a 10 year old girl. Lesnar's last 2 fights (Couture & Mir)were against guys who aren't famed for their tolerance in the face of adversity. Great offensive fighters yes, but they don't like being the nail.

That's why I still have faith in a healthy Big Nog to beat Lesnar. Also a quality striker who can outpoint and wear Lesnar down on the outside and stuff takedowns could beat him. Cro Cop and Dos Santos. Also Carwin could put him on his back and he hits harder than Brock. Obviously Fedor would tool him.

"Stay frosty"

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 79
RE: UFC - Coors light for the winners - 12/7/2009 11:46:09 PM   
Art Vandelay

8 predicted correctly. Not too bad, although it should only be 7. I agree with the above, the Belcher loss was very odd and one of the worst decisions i've seen in some time. Comparing the last 2 performances of GSP and Silva, it really gets you thinking about who actually is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the UFC right now. That performance was just utter dominance and although he doesn't seem too up on the idea, it seems like it's only a matter of time until we see the two of them meet in the Octogan. If Dana wants it, it's probably gonna happen.

I'm not a fan of Lesnar's fighting style and i'm not a fan of him, but the guy knows how to sell himself and a fight, even when he continually states he hates interviews and what not. His attitude is gonna make him the biggest enemy in the UFC, but maybe thats what the company needs. Someone that everyone roots against everytime he fights, drawing more people in to see if This is the fight where he finally loses and get his comeuppance!

A great PPV overall but i'm probably more excited about the next two. Silva vs. Griffin should hopefully be something very special and Silva's first big challenge in some time (at least i hope so). And looking at the fight card for 102, it's possibly the best one i've seen since in started watching UFC!

Oh, and Henderson is a twat! Here's hoping the winner of the Mai vs. Marquardt fight gets the next title shot.

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 80
RE: UFC - Coors light for the winners - 13/7/2009 11:43:48 AM   
Riddick_J

I thought Akiyama won that fight, it was real close but i think he just about got it for his ground game.  Maybe they gave him an extra point for his kick ass entrance music. i wanted him to win as soon as i found out his nickname is sexyama.

Lesnar was awsome, didnt mind the yelling at the end of the fight, emotions get high after pounding someone.

Bisping was all talk it looks like, henderson made him look like shit.

GSP was awsome as always, no one is gonna beat him at welterweight.

I'm not saying i don't trust you and I'm not saying i do, but i don't.

Post #: 81
RE: UFC - Coors light for the winners - 13/7/2009 11:55:20 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riddick_J

Lesnar was awsome, didnt mind the yelling at the end of the fight, emotions get high after pounding someone.

I'd say a lot of it is not adrenalin pounding emotions, but from his days in Professional Wrestling he knows that an "unbeatable" monster who is despised by the crowd is something the punters will pay good money at PPV after PPV to see him get his comeuppance. imo all his trash talking is a business move.

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 82
RE: UFC - Coors light for the winners - 1/8/2009 10:26:18 AM   
Art Vandelay

So ESPN have bought the rights for UFC and the good news is that the channel is free to everyone for the first month. Meaning we get to see 101 & 102 for Free!

Post #: 83
RE: Affliction Banned - 1/8/2009 2:22:19 PM   
Riddick_J

Thats pretty sweet, cant believe Tito has resigned though and they got Belfort back for 103.

Post #: 84
RE: Affliction Banned - 1/9/2009 8:13:51 AM   
Funkyrae

My heart really went out to Randy Couture this weekend.  Man!  That was an incredible fight, to come back as many times as he did.  I know Minotauro deserved the win, but such a shame that Randy didn't get it.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 85
RE: Affliction Banned - 1/9/2009 3:24:30 PM   
Art Vandelay

Both utter legends, in and out of the Octogan. And yeah, what a fight! And what a PPV! Thiago Silva returning in great form, Maia getting knocked out in 20 seconds (which i'm absolutely gutted about) and newcomer Todd Duffee breaking a new UFC record for the fastest ever knockout with 7 seconds.

Although I'm pretty devastated that Maia, pretty much my favourite fighter currently in the UFC, recieved such a brutal defeat, Nate Marquardt might be one of the few men to really test Silva. Behind GSP, i'd say Nate's the most well-rounded fighter in the UFC and like he's been saying, will be an entirely different fighter to the one who previouly faced Silva a couple of years ago.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 86
RE: Affliction Banned - 2/9/2009 7:16:14 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay.

Although I'm pretty devastated that Maia, pretty much my favourite fighter currently in the UFC, recieved such a brutal defeat, Nate Marquardt might be one of the few men to really test Silva. Behind GSP, i'd say Nate's the most well-rounded fighter in the UFC and like he's been saying, will be an entirely different fighter to the one who previouly faced Silva a couple of years ago.

Fair dues to Nate for not just landing a pearler of a punch on Maia, but then for holding back from another when Maia was down and he realised out of it.

Post #: 87
RE: Affliction Banned - 2/9/2009 4:05:08 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay.

Fair dues to Nate for not just landing a pearler of a punch on Maia, but then for holding back from another when Maia was down and he realised out of it.

Nate's my fav fighter in the whole of ufc, the last few fights he's been outstanding, And he has a beard!!

Man i love Randy Couture's attitude to the sport and his will to compete but its time to call it a day he has nothing to prove anymore, he'll always be a legend i dont want to spoil this by constantly getting beat.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

Post #: 88
RE: Affliction Banned - 2/9/2009 4:42:20 PM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Castle
Nate's my fav fighter in the whole of ufc, the last few fights he's been outstanding, And he has a beard!!

He most certainly does! Nothing on Joe Rogan's amazing facial hair, but still pretty impressive stuff.

And has anyone read Forrest Griffin's new book, Got Fight? I've just started and it's a great read! A must have for any fan of UFC, Griffin or just being more manly.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 89
RE: Affliction Banned - 9/9/2009 9:04:07 PM   
Riddick_J

In a milestone deal which brings the world's most exciting sport to British terrestrial television audiences for the very first time, the Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) organisation has announced highlights of the best UFC action will be screened on the FIVE network on a delayed basis.

In the coming months, a regular and newly created programme – UFC: Main Event - will showcase the featured attraction bouts of some the UFC's biggest upcoming cards, plus the most exciting undercard fights. To kick off the series, FIVE will air UFC 102: Main Event featuring the instant classic between Randy Couture and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Monday September 14, 2009 at midnight.

In addition to UFC: Main Event, FIVE's sister channel, FIVE USA, is now the new home of the UFC's groundbreaking reality TV series The Ultimate Fighter. The most successful series of its kind, The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) sees reality television collide with combat sport as 16 of the best unsigned mixed martial arts fighters in the world live together, train together and ultimately fight each other for the prize of a six-figure contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

I havnt got ESPN so i thought this was pretty cool news, sorry if this has already been posted though.

The Ulitmate Fighter should be a pretty cool season because Jackson and Evans hate each other plus we get to see how Kimbo does.
Starts on the 19th Sept.

< Message edited by Riddick_J -- 9/9/2009 9:05:00 PM >

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI