Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

May I interject...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> May I interject... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
May I interject... - 31/1/2008 9:37:10 AM   
UGonnaBarkAllDayDog?

Is anyone else 'slightly' worried that in all the official photos Harrison looks like he is playing second fiddle to Shia? He looks like a confused old man being taken around by a teenager?
I hope...hopehopehope.. that this is certainly not the case.
Please don't destroy this franchise. Even when cast alongside characters (Henry, Shortround, Sallah) he always was the leading man, and had all the good action scenes to himself.
Lets hope it stays this way... but must admit, my doubt grows stronger with each official pic.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Misspheonix - 31/1/2008 9:38:37 AM   
UGonnaBarkAllDayDog?

Sorry misspheonix, just read your post!!
Glad to see, however, I'm not alone in my thoughts!
And yes, I have a problem with him too...

Post #: 32
UGonnaBark AllDayDog? - post - 31/1/2008 10:36:27 AM   
missphoenix

Yes, it's hard to define what exactly it is about Shia I don't warm to - I don't think he's a bad actor, I just would have prefered a film that didn't throw in a young lad for all the kiddies out there "to relate to". It just doesn't sit right with me. You're right, Indiana doesn't seem to be the main focus...

(in reply to UGonnaBarkAllDayDog?)
Post #: 33
Why the gang? - 31/1/2008 10:38:02 AM   
Amity75

Why must Indy have all this "gang"? We have Marion, "Mutt" and let's not forget Mac and Abner. It's concerning me that this movie might be a bit of a "Famous 5" movie with Indy being the comic relief.

Post #: 34
Too old? - 31/1/2008 12:02:45 PM   
FoxForceFever

Is it just me or does Harrison Ford look a bit worn out? Looking forward to seeing this movie but can't help thinking he looks too old! Sorry Harrison fans!

Post #: 35
Trailer - 31/1/2008 12:10:58 PM   
Garnerville

Any news on a trailer release.......???

Post #: 36
- 31/1/2008 3:02:15 PM   
Laura T

Got to say I like all three of the Indiana Jones movies as each are a little bit different. At a push I'd say Raiders is my fave. From this photo it looks as if Indiana Jones is still the focus of the movie - as Marion and 'Mutt' are both looking at him as if he has just come up with some crazy idea or escape!!!! Can't wait to see how the plot plays out and how all of the official photos fit into it and where!!!

Post #: 37
Best one? Raiders, of course. - 31/1/2008 4:29:46 PM   
The_Hat

I hope Harrison's over that earring-wearing, Ali-McBeal-dating, mid-life crisis business he went through a couple of years ago and plays to his age in this one. He's looking a bit too much like a teabag nowadays to play the action hero without an element of humour.

Post #: 38
- 31/1/2008 4:56:47 PM   
Kev@CTU

My only worry is that Indy has waaaay too many hangers on in this film (by the looks of it) - Ray Winstone, Shia Lebouf, Karen Allen..... too many cooks spoil the sheep's eyeball soup......

Post #: 39
RE: - 31/1/2008 8:36:19 PM   
The Mighty Quinn

Really looking forward to this, Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade are two of my favourite films ever. Temple of Doom, while good in parts, just doesn't compare to them overall.

"The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother, and I call him Gamblor! We must save your mother from his neon claws!"

(in reply to Kev@CTU)
Post #: 40
it's not the years, it's the milage.... - 2/2/2008 1:00:10 PM   
kjd17

Fools,...don't know they got!
I'm just chuffed that i'm going to see another Indy movie...all key elements are back..it won't go wrong..why can't indy age?, why can't they get smart with the action and story? You want mindless set pieces to get your juices going..i hear Nic Cage/Disney got something out about...ah who gives a crap..oh yeah, Brendan Fraser's back with his Mummy whoop de doo!!...The Original Icon is Back..i'm excited..can't wait, you all want it to be good, and it will be. Indy4Life

Post #: 41
- 4/2/2008 11:43:05 AM   
Laura T

I don't think that all of the characters will be in Indy's 'gang' that travel with him. I reckon that it will be just Shia and Karen for the most part. That is the same number of 'gang' members as Temple of Doom - Willie and Short Round and the latter part of Last Crusade - his dad and Marcus. Truthfully I don't care how many 'gang' members there are, I'm just glad I get to see an Indiana Jones movie at the cinema!!!!

Post #: 42
Indiana Jones and the Last Straw - 6/2/2008 4:54:53 PM   
Rane

No,no, please no.... I've had high hopes for this film ever since Spielbeard said he was channeling the original Raiders vibe, but if it's more like Last Crusade my hope is draining; it was more like an Indiana Jones spoof after all... Where Raiders Indy was devil-may-care, Crusade Indy was holier-than-thou, but I guess that fit with the worst mcguffin of the series. The Holy Grail? Jesus.... Then again as I soon as I saw a Crystal Skull still with Indy in a damned bow-tie my worries should have kicked in straight away ;-)

< Message edited by Rane -- 6/2/2008 4:56:59 PM >

Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> May I interject... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI