Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: New Indiana Jones Pic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: New Indiana Jones Pic Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: New Indiana Jones Pic - 30/1/2008 12:13:31 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 30/1/2008 12:13:31 PM   
britesparc

Henry "Potato Head" Jones? Get in. Dunno what they'll call it. Indiana Spud, probably.

Nice cover, too, BTW.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 30/1/2008 12:15:46 PM   
jackoffables

Yeah, I'm wondering what the hell they're going to call a Indiana Jones Potato Head as well....Inditato Jones?

Post #: 3
- 30/1/2008 12:16:59 PM   
holsy

Im getting more and more excited about the return of indy. Oh adnt he new issue looks great guys. Whoever designed that cover deserves a raise if you ask me!!

Post #: 4
Easily Last Crusade is the better movie... - 30/1/2008 12:17:04 PM   
tallaght24

....pisses all over Raiders.

Post #: 5
Best Indy - 30/1/2008 12:17:42 PM   
Old_Pyrate

Temple of Doom is hugely under rated, the action is great (mine truck chase?!) and the banter is just as good as any of the others. I suppose given my support for Tim Dalton as the best bond, I guess I'm used to rooting for the underdog.

Post #: 6
Last Crusade is terrifc fun, but the weakest film... - 30/1/2008 12:37:07 PM   
LeChuck

...it's the only one that feels like it's starting to repeat itself, what with its self-conscious attempts to ape Raiders. The character comedy and Sean Connery make it all worthwhile though. Raiders remains the masterpiece; Temple of Doom is a worthy, exciting and refreshingly different follow-up. As long as Crystal Skull brings a new twist to the table, I'm happy.

(in reply to Old_Pyrate)
Post #: 7
Sal Cassio - 30/1/2008 12:38:16 PM   
Frank Comiskey

I agree with 'Old Pyrate' (and also about Dalton, by the way; Timbo was asked to play a 'New Man', he played a 'New Man', but watch the nastyness of the last scenes of that Disney rubbish, The Rocketeer..........THAT'S how how could have been a brilliant Bond.)

Raiders was too smug and Crusade was just about carried over the line by the Jones boys. The best of the three was easily Doom.

If Channel 4 do yet another of those awful Top 100 programmes, this time concerning 'The best opening 'reel' of any film EVER' what killjoy wouldn't put the stuff in Shanghai and the Himalayas in the top 5?????????

'Anything Goes' in Mandarin? Utter genius.

Post #: 8
- 30/1/2008 12:53:19 PM   
Laura T

Strange item to take on a family outing!!!! I'm joking!!!! I can't wait until the Indiana Jones potato head comes out - it's got to have a hat, whip and a leather jacket - if poss??? Nice Hellboy cover!!! getting more and more excited about the film now!!!! Roll on the trailer and then May!!!!!

Post #: 9
RE: - 30/1/2008 1:38:57 PM   
morg1138

http://gizmodo.com/347892/lucas-whores-out-indy-into-tater-of-the-lost-ark-and-we-love-it

looks good.

We've got to start thinking beyond our guns. Those days are closin' fast.

(in reply to Laura T)
Post #: 10
- 30/1/2008 1:51:22 PM   
granny

Crusade was workmanlike in my opinion and a pale imitation of the best bits of Raiders so hopefully this one won't be a Xerox of a Xerox with the Russkies replacing the Nazis and Marion adding to the deja vu. It's down to Shia Leboeuf's character to breathe new life into it really.

Post #: 11
RE: RE: - 30/1/2008 1:51:54 PM   
David Somerset

Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders Raiders.

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 12
RE: - 30/1/2008 1:55:33 PM   
richardpettet

[image]http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/01/taterofthelostark.jpg[/image]

Last Crusade is genius if only for the Ford/Connery chemistry, but it's not a patch on Raiders. Then again, Temple of Doom has the best comedic moments of the entire series: fist-waving Indy...."we are going to die". I think that Ray Winstone's character could be more interesting than Shia's - hopefully that's where the comedy will come in.

(in reply to granny)
Post #: 13
Raiders Vs. Crusade - 30/1/2008 2:12:41 PM   
VijayUK

I can't believe there is even a contest between these 2 movies, not surpising to see the racist Temple of Doom left out entirely (although I am sure there are some numskulls who ignore the wider picture and rather their faces with popcorn).

(Raiders everytime, btw).

Post #: 14
RE: Raiders Vs. Crusade - 30/1/2008 2:40:41 PM   
Gazdance

This is disappointing news for me.  Crusade, whilst fun, is easily the worst of the films so the idea of the new film being similar tonally to that doesn't bode well.  A film closer in tone to Temple of Doom would be most welcome.

(in reply to VijayUK)
Post #: 15
Sod Mr potato head - 30/1/2008 2:48:44 PM   
richithekiller

Here's a link to the new lego sets!!!!
http://gizmodo.com/350473/new-indy-movie-lego-sets-offer-exclusive-peek-into-crystal-skull

Post #: 16
Indy goes Rambo - 30/1/2008 3:03:28 PM   
mjscarface

Liking the bazooka action already!

Post #: 17
Crusade! - 30/1/2008 3:50:36 PM   
Ben Myers

Crusade, the weakest?? You can't be serious. The best action, the best jokes, it's got Sir Sean as Indy's dad for christ's sake! The weakest McGuffin it may have, but I'll say it again. Sir Sean as Indy's dad!!!!

Post #: 18
RE: Crusade! - 30/1/2008 3:55:55 PM   
Workshed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ben Myers

Crusade, the weakest?? You can't be serious. The best action, the best jokes, it's got Sir Sean as Indy's dad for christ's sake! The weakest McGuffin it may have, but I'll say it again. Sir Sean as Indy's dad!!!!

I agree. It's certainly not the weakest. The weakest has to be Temple. Don't get me wrong, all fantastic films, but I judge Raiders and Temple on the same level. I can't choose a favourite - it's too much of a Sophie's choice.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Ben Myers)
Post #: 19
- 30/1/2008 4:40:20 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Crusade's the thematically deepest and funniest, but I think Raiders is so much more iconic and a bit more gritty. So the former is my favourite, but the latter is a classic, if you get me. In any case, will Indy finally blow up the Ark, judging from this image?

Post #: 20
Wow. - 30/1/2008 4:47:46 PM   
jimoakley666

Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favourite. But wow. Indy with a bazooka! Friggin' cool. I'll have to keep that in mind...

Post #: 21
RE: Raiders Vs. Crusade - 30/1/2008 4:48:56 PM   
cunningmunki

VijayUK, how, exactly, is Temple "racist"? Perhaps you could elaborate?

Post #: 22
RE: Exclusive: New Indiana Jones Pic - 30/1/2008 4:50:07 PM   
Kazuya

The pic looks good, just like the rest of them. The Last Crusade is a wonderful film and I would have no problems if KotCS is kept in the same vein.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 23
Cunningmunki - 30/1/2008 5:27:37 PM   
Jinder

'cunningmunki': Some people (well, Indians!) think Temple is racist because it shows Indians eating Monkey Brains and Eyeball Soup. When I was a wee lad I remember being at school and some kids, after seeing the movie, actually asked me if I ate Monkey Brains at home. Of course, I told them I did as well as eating live insects, eye-ball soup and the rest of it. Those peeps were not racist, just stupid. Bit like Jade Goody. The other thing that pissed some Indians off was showing devotees to Kali ripping out someones heart as a sacrifice. Devotees of Kali don't do this. Some people consider it racist, but as most people say, it's only a movie!! At least it wasn't as bad as 300 and the Persians!! Good grief!!

Post #: 24
RE: Sal Cassio - 30/1/2008 6:41:29 PM   
benskelly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Comiskey

I agree with 'Old Pyrate' (and also about Dalton, by the way; Timbo was asked to play a 'New Man', he played a 'New Man', but watch the nastyness of the last scenes of that Disney rubbish, The Rocketeer..........THAT'S how how could have been a brilliant Bond.)

Raiders was too smug and Crusade was just about carried over the line by the Jones boys. The best of the three was easily Doom.

If Channel 4 do yet another of those awful Top 100 programmes, this time concerning 'The best opening 'reel' of any film EVER' what killjoy wouldn't put the stuff in Shanghai and the Himalayas in the top 5?????????

'Anything Goes' in Mandarin? Utter genius.

Amen, Frank!

I've been saying for years, to anyone who'll listen, that the opening of TOD was the greatest single example of Spielberg's genius.  Opening an action movie with a big Busby Berkley musical number??  And, as you say, in Mandarin?!  I can't watch it without smiling.  Even the little detail of the way the film title appears BEHIND Kate Capshaw.  Then you have Indy at his most Bondian, followed by a fantastic slapstick action sequence in the club, then the car chase, then getting into the villain's airplane, then the life raft...  On and on.  Just pure popcorn bliss.

I'll never understand why this movie was so vilified at the time.  Oooh, too scary for the kiddies.  Ooh, too dark.  Oh, STFU. 

And I agree with you about Raiders too.  I enjoy it, but strangely, not as much as TOD.  "Smug" is an excellent way of putting it.  It's not quite as exciting as it thinks it is - especially the second half which really kind of peters out.  You gotta' love the moment when Indy shoots the master swordsman though.  To this day that may be the biggest earthshaking audience laugh I ever heard in a movie theatre.

Last Crusade is pretty much crap.  The action is fairly lame and it has this sodden feel to it as if Spielberg has lost his joy for this type of film.

Which brings me back to the point of the thread...  Marshall's statement is not very reassuring. 

So it'll be a lot of talking then and very little action??

< Message edited by benskelly -- 30/1/2008 8:12:10 PM >

(in reply to Frank Comiskey)
Post #: 25
Taters Of The Lost Ark Mr. Potato Head Hi-Res Images - 30/1/2008 6:59:58 PM   
Toy Man

Here is a link to hi-res images of the Potato head

http://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=12410

Post #: 26
Why oh why... - 30/1/2008 9:25:53 PM   
giddig

...does everyone miss or just mit Temple of Doom. It's ace!

Post #: 27
- 31/1/2008 12:54:19 AM   
Troopeford

Yeah, why forget temple of doom, that was brilliant

Post #: 28
Confused? - 31/1/2008 9:13:36 AM   
missphoenix

It's so funny, Harrison Ford looks more like a confused old pensioner than he does Indiana! I'm still finding it very difficult to get excited about this film. I think it's probably the inclusion of Shia LeBeouf - I seem to have a problem with that guy.

Post #: 29
Looking Good! - 31/1/2008 9:20:18 AM   
joanna likes films

I really can't wait any longer for the new Indiana Jones movie, it looks so good and a new picture of it has made me even more exicted! Shia Labeouf looks darn fine and even Harrison Ford looks well though he's sixty-five! I don't know which one is my fave one out of all the films, they are all good full of action and romance. Hopefully this one will be up in my good books and I'm sure it will.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: New Indiana Jones Pic Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI