Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Ugly Truth For Gerard Butler

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Ugly Truth For Gerard Butler Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Ugly Truth For Gerard Butler - 30/1/2008 9:41:19 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Don't do it Gerard... - 30/1/2008 9:41:19 AM   
jpt1976

...saying that, getting to get personal with Heigl would be a good compensation.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Why does he do these things? - 30/1/2008 9:43:46 AM   
the ageless stranger

He was once a king, now nothing more than a trollope and a man-whore!

Post #: 3
The ageless stranger has hit the nail on the head... - 30/1/2008 10:12:09 AM   
Kat113

Hmm..not impressed. Someone give this guy a decent role. Fast.

Post #: 4
The ageless stranger has hit the nail on the head... - 30/1/2008 10:12:13 AM   
Kat113

Hmm..not impressed. Someone give this guy a decent role. Fast.

Post #: 5
Who the hell is his agent? - 30/1/2008 11:17:59 AM   
The_Hat

I think our Gerard needs to get a new one quick. What's next? One of those soft focus Channel 5 Catherine Cookson films?

Post #: 6
RE: Who the hell is his agent? - 30/1/2008 12:28:32 PM   
LeChuck

You know, people seem to be forgetting that on the whole, Gerard Butler does seem to gravitate towards kind of...wussy roles, for want of a better word; the boyfriend in PS I Love You, the new daddy in Dear Frankie, the equivalent of the Bond Girl in Tomb Raider 2, and the second campest Dracula ever (after Richard Roxburgh) in Dracula 2000. Leonidas was the exception, not the rule, guys; man-whore/Catherine Cookson roles are what Butler is all about.

(in reply to The_Hat)
Post #: 7
You tend to forget - 30/1/2008 4:26:17 PM   
timeflies

You tend to forget, Gerard Butler does the final choosing of his own scripts. They are presented to him for HIS approval. He has stated that he likes to do a mix of films and having just come off of an action movie, he is ready to play a little comedy. He is good at that, by the way. So lay off and find some pasty BriItish actor to go after. He is enjoying his career and doing it his way, thank goodness. So back to the real world people.

< Message edited by timeflies -- 30/1/2008 4:33:25 PM >

Post #: 8
Little Bit Wondering. - 31/1/2008 9:24:27 AM   
joanna likes films

Okay so when you see a hot guy in 300, all tonned and very fit on screen, you wouldn't think he would do romantic rom-coms would you? Well, now he has. I do wonder though where will his career would take off like it did when 300 came out? It might be good, no knows? I will go and see it, for sure, when it comes out but I still think he's better off doing action films rather than rom-coms. I argee but have a little disagreement.

Post #: 9
RE: Little Bit Wondering. - 4/2/2008 3:46:23 AM   
timeflies

Gerard Butler likes to mix it up with different types of films and I am glad he does. He can't do action foreverand he has said as much. The body will rebel and it has to rest sometime, why not a rom-com now and then. I want to see him make many styles of films. I do not want to be bored with the same-o, same-o. He will be around a long while doing what he enjoys. I like that he is fresh of mind when it comes to movies. He is so well read and brings so much to each movie with his ideas and thoughts about characters. 'Shattered' (BOAW) was a great example of his intense motivation. Gerry went through all the emotions and did it with expert skill. 

(in reply to joanna likes films)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Ugly Truth For Gerard Butler Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI