RE:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: - 29/1/2008 7:42:43 AM   
Movieman Tom

Suprising news here. This is one of those films where you don't have a clue how it will turn out. My guess is that it will be both Jacksons style in together with Del Toro's style with Tolkeins story and  a 5 star status. You just know it's going to be awesome. The only problem is it's not confirmed! It would be a nice change, and a nice take on the novel. Fingers crossed guys!

I believe my life should be made into a movie; now, who to direct it......

(in reply to Deacon Frost)
Post #: 31
confirmed - 29/1/2008 4:48:40 PM   
lady_stardust

a friend of mine went to the paris premiere of "the orphanage", del toro was present and confirmed that he was going to direct the hobbit.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
Sounds good - 29/1/2008 9:19:40 PM   
hypercc

I think Del Toro would do a good job with this. One question about the article though, "...The Hobbit and it's sequel"?? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the sequel to The Hobbitt The Lord of the Rings? I'm pretty sure they've been filmed already....

Post #: 33
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!! - 29/1/2008 10:23:35 PM   
boredbluekoala

Aside from Peter Jackson himself, I can't imagine a better director to take on The Hobbit. Guess that means he won't be directing The Deathly Hallows as some have suggested.

Post #: 34
Hmmm - 16/2/2008 10:36:00 PM   
Joanwyn

I am a LOTRO fan, thru and thru.. Haven't seen any of Del Toro's work. Can't make an educated comment, about his abilities to do The Hobbit project. Still, I want the best Director for the epic. Peter Jackson is the best. I loved Peter's work on King Kong, as well. Peter, if you see this, please find a way to put your next two projects on hold, to do The Hobbit. True justice would not be done to The Hobbit, without you.

Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI