Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Daniel Radcliffe On Journey

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Daniel Radcliffe On Journey Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Daniel Radcliffe On Journey - 22/1/2008 6:51:22 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 22/1/2008 6:51:22 PM   
Angusto

Fair Play to him

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 22/1/2008 6:55:29 PM   
CameronJames

It's quite a shame that he isn't preparing for the role by getting stoned to death, Yeah that's right, I went there, it was obvious, but I did it.

Post #: 3
- 22/1/2008 7:22:37 PM   
riothejedi

Dan Eldon was about 23 when he died I think, so I assume this isn't going into production for quite a while, otherwise Dan Radcliffe strikes me as being a wee bit too old. If they are planning the filming for after Harry Potter 7 though, he's probably bang on.

Post #: 4
- 22/1/2008 7:34:07 PM   
Pipkin3

Such a shame he can't seem to feel natural in the Potter films. Grint and Watson are just awful, but Radcliffe probably could act if he loosened up a bit.

Post #: 5
ahhhhhhhhhh - 22/1/2008 8:12:47 PM   
mattbojangles

I soooo thought this was going to be like that Across the Universe but with Journey songs like Don't Stop Believing. Make that movie dammit!

Post #: 6
Ignore Equus, bring on something new - 22/1/2008 10:46:01 PM   
phaeton

Equus suffered from sloppy direction and didn't give him a chance to show off what he can do. Hopefully he'll come off a bit better in this - oh dear lord that didn't mean to sound...oh sod it.

Post #: 7
- 22/1/2008 11:48:29 PM   
Mickpt

Images you never needed to see? Well, you obviously didn't see the play, because Equus was brilliant. It has nothing to do with what the media and people who have not seen it think. Radcliffe was terrific in it. And I suggest you all to see a movie called 'My Boy Jack'. ITV aired it last November and Daniel did a very good job in it too.
The Potter movies just don't have the sustance so this young actor could show all his talent, because in everything else I've seen him, he was brilliant. He is even good with comedy, have you seen his Extras episode? the series just won an Emmy.
The fith HP movie was a little more powerful, lets hope the last two will be even better and they let him a little more freedom.
I think this movie 'Journey' sounds really good, it sounds like they are going to do it after the HP films so Dan will be the perfect age.

Post #: 8
- 22/1/2008 11:55:29 PM   
Mickpt

Ok, I have such I big mouth... I should have read the entire article before writing a comment. He obviously saw the play, I'm sorry. I totally agree a lot of people would be silence.

Post #: 9
RE: Journey sounds great - 23/1/2008 9:16:11 AM   
missphoenix

The film sounds really good and I think casting Dan is a great idea. He really excelled in Equus (and I thought Thea Sharrock's direction and the set design was perfect, I loved the simplicity of it and the "horses" were so impressive). And I was impressed by My Boy Jack so I don't see any reason why he wouldn't do well in this. And it sounds like an important story to tell.

(in reply to Mickpt)
Post #: 10
- 23/1/2008 3:37:34 PM   
jomo999

At first I thought he sucked, but this lad has gotten better and better. It'll be interesting to see what else he can do after Pottermania cools down.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Daniel Radcliffe On Journey Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI