Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: RE:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE: - 2/2/2008 8:31:57 PM   
DanCurley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porrohman

Yes youngster im looking forward to it.
To see rambo kick ass though not to see babies murdered.

Quie agree. I can't see that part of my post that said "They throw kids in the fire! Yes! I love that, that's the sorta thing that I get off on!" that would suggest I need help. If anything, when I heard that, it makes you want Rambo to hunt these people down and rip them to piece.

Start reading posts properly before you get your high horse out.

I'd give you my signature, but what would happen if you stole my cheque book? It would be a disaster.

(in reply to Porrohman)
Post #: 61
RE: RE: - 2/2/2008 8:45:37 PM   
Empire_Mods

The pair of you, consider this your first and final warning - any further namecalling in this or any other thread and you're banned. It's astonishing that you think that kind of behaviour is acceptable on the forum.

Kneel before Mod!

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 62
RE: RE: - 2/2/2008 8:58:20 PM   
DanCurley

OK. Apologies for using foul language to both the forum and Porroman, I just don't like being refered to as being "sick" for referencing to something that's sick in a film.

To cap my point - These very bad men doing some horrific things in this film. I look forward to Rambo doing "His Thing" to these people.

I'd give you my signature, but what would happen if you stole my cheque book? It would be a disaster.

(in reply to Empire_Mods)
Post #: 63
RE: RE: - 3/2/2008 2:22:21 PM   
brewtimer

just remember this fact....all critics are self appointed,there is no school for them to graduate from...and they are mostly made up from the wishy washy pc brigade..so grow a pair,throw away that manbag and moisturiser and enjoy this film for what it is.GOOD OLD FASHIONED ACTION ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 64
RE: RE: - 3/2/2008 3:38:19 PM   
DanCurley

quote:

ORIGINAL: brewtimer

GOOD OLD FASHIONED ACTION ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

Just like Tango & Cash!

(in reply to brewtimer)
Post #: 65
RE: RE: - 4/2/2008 5:43:50 PM   
Chris66

I just watched a pirate version of Rambo and I liked the film overall. The quality was awful so I could not tell what was going on some of the time. But I thought Rambo was almost as good as the original First Blood.    

< Message edited by Chris66 -- 4/2/2008 5:44:20 PM >

"We just wanted to say we're a big fan of your work. When it comes to killing Nazis... I think you show great talent. And I pride myself on having an eye for that kind of talent. Your status as a Nazi killer is... still amateur. We all come here to see if you wanna go pro... '"

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 66
RE: RE: - 5/2/2008 4:50:33 AM   
spides

I've seen a DVD rip of the movie at the weekend and it's superb, I've watched it twice. Take it for what it is and you'll love it.........a calm and collect Rambo who just wants to be left alone to get on with his life and then he's pushed........great stuff. Gets a 9/10 for me.....

With a thunderous sound system in the cinema the explosions etc will be awesome...........

(in reply to Chris66)
Post #: 67
RE: RE: - 5/2/2008 12:11:16 PM   
DanCurley

I don't mind watching a snide version AFTER watching it at the flicks, but I certainly want to the first bite to have all the cinema flavour. Think I'll wait until the 22nd...

(in reply to spides)
Post #: 68
RE: RE: - 5/2/2008 12:12:42 PM   
darthjim

Jim's two-word review: Hambo Blambo.

www.the-scoremagazine.com

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 69
RE: RE: - 8/2/2008 7:26:05 PM   
TheGodfather

Saw it in the sneak preview yesterday:

The trailers promised an oh so wrong and bloody action film. Luckily it delivered.
Sly, as always, looks the whole film long as if he has to go to the badroom really bad. But despite that he makes Rambo into a character who obviously suffers from dissapointment in everything and everybody. The rest of the story (that is as thick as the nail of my big toe) doesn`t really matter. It`s all about the action. Lovely to see an uncensored version for once. Respect for the fact they didn`t cut all the gore out! You get to see everything: from shopped of limbs, heads that get shot apart and baby`s who are being thrown into the fire. This is the real deal
Conclusion: it was a funny flick to see once but you`ll probably have forgotten all about it by the time you`ve left the cinema.

6,8/10

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 70
EMPIRE: YOU SUCK! - 9/2/2008 3:41:21 PM   
Stubacca

I subscribe to Empire. It's one of the last great printed magazines in the UK. But recently I'm starting to think it's full of elitist gibberish that doesn't reflect the wider movie-going audience.

Rambo is a great movie. I loved it. This wishy-washy review really put me off seeing it. So much so, I just watched a dodgy workprint copy. It was fantastic.

Sly was sidelined was he? I didn't think so. The whole cast was brilliant. John Rambo is obviously still the killing machine he was in First Blood, only this time we see the brutal realities of war, the cheapness of human life in ravaged areas of the world.

A more mature action-flick that doesn't disappoint. Forget this review, it doesn't sum up my thoughts on the film at all. After all, their idea of a brilliant action movie is 'Shoot Em Up'. I'm saying nothing...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 71
RAMBO - 9/2/2008 6:44:14 PM   
siraddam

I have just watched this and I can safely say that this is the best by far in the series. I didn't feel at all that Rambo was a supporting character in the film. I think the reviewer had already decided he wasn't going to like this film before he went in to see it!!

Post #: 72
RE: RE: - 9/2/2008 7:24:25 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGodfather

Saw it in the sneak preview yesterday:

The trailers promised an oh so wrong and bloody action film. Luckily it delivered.
Sly, as always, looks the whole film long as if he has to go to the badroom really bad. But despite that he makes Rambo into a character who obviously suffers from dissapointment in everything and everybody. The rest of the story (that is as thick as the nail of my big toe) doesn`t really matter. It`s all about the action. Lovely to see an uncensored version for once. Respect for the fact they didn`t cut all the gore out! You get to see everything: from shopped of limbs, heads that get shot apart and baby`s who are being thrown into the fire. This is the real deal
Conclusion: it was a funny flick to see once but you`ll probably have forgotten all about it by the time you`ve left the cinema.

6,8/10

I'm intrigued to know how your scoring is calculated?

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 73
RE: RE: - 9/2/2008 8:21:34 PM   
TheGodfather

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Most of the times I compare it to similar type movies: did I like (in this case) Rambo better or not than the movies I`m comparing the scoring with? and how much?
can`t really explain that much about it though, been doing it this way for a long time now.
It`s the same thing as with rating movies with stars: how do you know how many stars to give a movie? it`s kind of a feeling as well, of course

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 74
RE: RE: - 9/2/2008 9:38:01 PM   
Indio

quote:

quote:

Most of the times I compare it to similar type movies: did I like (in this case) Rambo better or not than the movies I`m comparing the scoring with? and how much?
can`t really explain that much about it though, been doing it this way for a long time now.
It`s the same thing as with rating movies with stars: how do you know how many stars to give a movie? it`s kind of a feeling as well, of course

Admit it Godfather, all those Criterion dvds you claim to buy in DVD Discussion is just a big lie, you spend all your time watching Stallone, Van Damme and Lundgren DVds, right?

'Think about the future.'

Post #: 75
RE: RE: - 10/2/2008 9:31:45 AM   
UTB

quote:

quote:

Fair play, but six point eight?

Post #: 76
Empire couldn't have been more wrong!! - 10/2/2008 1:52:09 PM   
Roar

A hugely enjoyable old skool actioner, with Stallone on top ass kickin' form!!

Post #: 77
80's style trash classic - 13/2/2008 12:21:40 AM   
Ashbuckler

Yeah, there;s little story, yeah its just a big violent shoot-em-up but its rambo... what else is it going to be? This spun me straight back to the 80's, absolutey perfect. Sat there with big grin, loving every trashy minute. Harsh review guys, and as for Sly sidelined - how? He does all the killings bar a couple, the mercs are the Traughtman character, they do very little except talk!

Post #: 78
Shame on you Empire - 13/2/2008 12:18:28 PM   
Ricorodrigeuz

Empire and other film magazines keep on thinking that they are going to get deep thought provoking and moving performances from all films these days. This is an action film for those who just want to be entertained so stop being so harsh.

Post #: 79
RE: RE: - 15/2/2008 9:26:06 PM   
leejames

hey all
i've been collecting empire for about 9 years and never disagreed so strongly on a review. just watched rambo and although i had a few cans i still dont dont think i watched the same film as whoever reviewed it. it was brilliant and took me right back to my youth (and makes me look forward even more to rambow). my guess is the review is 10 years od and doesnt even remember watching the first rambo on vhs. that was everything i could have wanted for a moden rambo and sly was perfect in a character he's lived with for a long time. shame there wont be more to show these pussy studio execs what a good action needs.no teenages in peril(re AVPR)

go sly

cheers

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 80
RE: RE: - 15/2/2008 9:30:35 PM   
leejames

just want to add quickly i agree with Stubacca and think empire recently has become to hollywood and less us the uk audience. maybe it the free champagne at all those events but they need to start distancing themselves and become the film un-biased review magazine we used to read

cheers

(in reply to leejames)
Post #: 81
RE: 80's style trash classic - 15/2/2008 9:51:12 PM   
DanCurley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ashbuckler

Yeah, there;s little story, yeah its just a big violent shoot-em-up but its rambo... what else is it going to be? This spun me straight back to the 80's, absolutey perfect

It's ironic that one of the Empire blogs recently was about this, how the '80s had good old fashioned ultra violence (mainly with Anrie or Michael Beine) that's unfortunately faded away. It looks fucking awesome and I have no doubt in my mind this will turn out to be one of the wrongest reviews in Empire's history (mainly because it's also the only harsh review next to a large handful of positive reviews and the review's pretty badly written so this reviewer's opinion is not quite "pedestal" to me).

I got an invite to a screening on the 18th, absoloutely going to watch it first chance...

(in reply to Ashbuckler)
Post #: 82
RE: 80's style trash classic - 16/2/2008 10:35:55 AM   
Rinc

A mindless bloody action film, it does exactly what it says on the tin. Pretty much enjoyable if you want to switch off your brain and watch a gorefest. A couple of problems though: the enemies are almost on a Team America level of stupidness! All they ever do is run around shouting at each other and getting killed. Also the bald english mercenary and Michael the leader of the missionary people are two of the worst characters i've seen for a long time. They might as well have cliche written across their forehead and annoying written just under it.

Not really sure what the film's trying to say but i don't care too much. It's an entertaining action flick.

6/10

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 83
RE: 80's style trash classic - 16/2/2008 3:01:01 PM   
DanCurley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

A couple of problems though: the enemies are almost on a Team America level of stupidness!

Are they as ridiculous as the enemies in the camp in Predator? There's one shot where Arnie's walking for a few seconds past the exploded chopper then lets tip at a few baddies just stood there in front of him. It was probably the editing rather than the direction, but someone deserved to be skinned alive for it...

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 84
RE: 80's style trash classic - 16/2/2008 7:48:38 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanCurley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

A couple of problems though: the enemies are almost on a Team America level of stupidness!

Are they as ridiculous as the enemies in the camp in Predator? There's one shot where Arnie's walking for a few seconds past the exploded chopper then lets tip at a few baddies just stood there in front of him. It was probably the editing rather than the direction, but someone deserved to be skinned alive for it...

Haha yeah that was bad as well, but the main problem i had with the enemies in Rambo was the way they shouted to each other. They might as well have been saying durka durka, mohammed jihad.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 85
RE: 80's style trash classic - 16/2/2008 8:40:44 PM   
DanCurley

Think I'll be able to live with that. I cannot fucking wait...

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 86
RE: 80's style trash classic - 16/2/2008 10:08:05 PM   
darth silas

Thanks for the unbiased reviews guys.Im a big Rambo fan and looking forward to seeing it next week.If the fans love it then i dont think ill be disappointed!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 87
RE: 80's style trash classic - 17/2/2008 9:37:07 AM   
Tombo1983

I'm loving these comments... after reading the review i was left slightly disheartened. Now i see that it is likely to still be the movie i expect it to be and will undoubtably love it.
Roll on opening day!

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 88
Watch it change! - 18/2/2008 7:16:54 AM   
tallaght24

Watch when Rambo is released on DVD, watch Empires review change, I mean how the hell can Empire bundle it with two stars? They give worse movies 3 stars!

Post #: 89
Heard it here first readers! - 18/2/2008 9:53:38 AM   
tallaght24

On February 16th, 2008, Hollywood.com reported that Sly was in negotiations to bring back Gabe Walker from "Cliffhanger" in a sequel tentatively titled "The Dam." This is a concept that has been around for a while, but perhaps the time is right for Walker's return.

Here Empire, do I get some sort of commission?

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI