Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 18/1/2008 3:28:11 PM   
jameswhaleofatime

is this really better than the host- which empire gave 4 stars? i somehow doubt it- probably just that this film is better publicised

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
RE: Cloverfield Reviews - 18/1/2008 5:44:42 PM   
timgowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Hewitt

People who download movies without paying for them should be strung up by the unmentionables. Cloverfield is to be watched on the big screen, not the small.

And yet I hate going to the cinema and renting a DVD only to sit through lectures about not pirating films.

Hey, can you do a feature on the cinema experience before the trailer begins. There hasn't been anything good since the Bacardi ads and 'Johnny Gets Cash' in the 90s. I really hate the Odeon advert about their different schemes, although the lady with all the bottles in the first sequence is really quite nice.

I know this is off-topic but I haven't seen Cloverfield yet and can't therefore comment on it!

Post #: 62
Hmmmm.... - 18/1/2008 6:10:24 PM   
losthighway

I'm certain it's been said before but I just can't get past the fact that it sounds too much like Godzilla! And Olly's comments regarding sound design, I remember seeing Godzilla at the cinema and OH MY GOD!! did that film make my ears bleed. Even though that film was panned from all angles, it feels like we've been here before - and relatively recently. I think this film is in some ways very cleverly playing on the 9/11 angle and hence the interest in it. Anyways, having said all that, I will attempt to get to the cinema (last went early Nov 07!) and make up my own mind.

P.S. I've given it 1 star cos I've not seen it yet, so I can't really give it a rating.

Post #: 63
RE: RE: - 18/1/2008 6:33:36 PM   
adamdavidsmith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Here we go again, people lambasting Empire for a review instead of making their own bloody mind up. Empire have their opinion, go and see the film and create your own before mouthing off.

Total Film gave it 4 stars, why don't you all (can I say 'all' when it always looks like one person signing up just to stir the shit?) go over and give them hell too? Five stars does not need to mean the film is a 'masterpiece' it just means it is brilliant for what it is. It's an experiment in modern cinema that paid off according to people whose job it is to watch and love (or hate) films.

This happened for The Simpsons Movie and will happen again for Indiana Jones 4, whatever rating it gets.

Good point actually, I find myself doing that too! However now again it is necessary (sorry, gonna do it again), Black Sheep - four stars ......... Can't wait to see this film though, looks awesome 
Post #: 64
RE: RE: - 18/1/2008 6:46:54 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: adamdavidsmith

Good point actually, I find myself doing that too! However now again it is necessary (sorry, gonna do it again), Black Sheep - four stars ......... Can't wait to see this film though, looks awesome 

It's never necessary, it's just a matter of opinion. Empire are not the be all and end all of the movie reviewing world. They just give their opinion and it's up to us, the film-going public to make up our own minds. You're right about Black Sheep though, utter shite

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to adamdavidsmith)
Post #: 65
RE: RE: - 18/1/2008 8:32:31 PM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGreatEye

Don't give me and hundreds of your other pirate happy users that self righteous piracy is stealing bollocks.

But piracy is stealing as you're illegally downloading something that has to be paid for. I could have easily have seen the pretty dire AvP:Requim from the discomfort of my wooden chair on my shitty laptop, but I didn't I went to see it in the cinema and paid the money. I don't understand how you wouldn't want to have the cinema experience, even tonight as 20th Century Fox's fanfare was blared out infront of me I just sat there thinking "this is brilliant." That of course didn't last too long, but being in the cinema is one of the best things, nay, the best thing about watching movies.

If you don't wanna pay to see the film, don't see the film. Go and watch Corrie.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 66
RE: RE: - 18/1/2008 8:43:43 PM   
Olly Richards

I've deleted TheGreatEye's post and put him on a final warning. Empire does not condone any form of piracy and will not allow positive discussion of it on this site. I will also not condone any swearing at or personal slurs of any Empire staff, and his comments to Chris were unacceptable. You can say what you like about anything we write, but anyone who is needlessly and personally insulting toward anybody involved in the running or creation of this site will be banned.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 67
Cloverfield - 18/1/2008 10:19:52 PM   
Charliebois

I went to a preview of this on Thursday night. I must admit to being pleasantly surprised. I did find the opening segment rather drawn out but as an overall concept it worked. It did however make me feel uncomfortable, and not just from the stomach-churning handheld camera, but in the fact that it has taken the Japanese monster movie, in itself a reaction to the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and pasted it over 9/11. And I want to know where they got their camera batteries from :-).

Post #: 68
RE: Cloverfield - 18/1/2008 11:33:19 PM   
Mikey C

My gosh, the amount of cretinous responses in this thread surprises even me.

5 stars does sound promising, though, considering I've managed to avoid knowing anything about this.

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings
Post #: 69
RE: Cloverfield - 19/1/2008 12:30:55 AM   
Kazuya

Well, that was some review. I had not expected that to say the least, but then again I haven't really been interested in the massive hype of the film, I'm not really a fan of the producer and the director's resume is not impressive to say the least. But if Empire feels the film is worthy of a five star rating, then I'll probably check it out once it hits rental Blu-Ray. I'll keep an open mind, something an alarming number of posters in this thread seem unable to do.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 70
- 19/1/2008 12:57:25 AM   
carpediem_movie

I saw the movie these evening in a special premiere in Amsterdam. And it was exactly what the empire review said

Post #: 71
- 19/1/2008 12:57:27 AM   
carpediem_movie

I saw the movie these evening in a special premiere in Amsterdam. And it was exactly what the empire review said

Post #: 72
RE: RE: - 19/1/2008 6:50:14 AM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

I've just gotten back from the cinema, and can conclude that Cloverfield is one awesome, fucking brilliant spectacle. Like nothing ever seen before. It is truly creepy and immediate, and the way it is shot, via handheld video camera, really lends it a sense of realism. You've probably all heard this before, but it is true. This is a must-see on the big screen. My mum was with me and she got sick from it, so if you get nauseous easily you might want to be careful.

But otherwise, this movie kicked all kinds of ass and I recommend it to any film-lover.

5/5
Post #: 73
RE: RE: - 19/1/2008 9:57:18 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

quote:

Don't give me and hundreds of your other pirate happy users that self righteous piracy is stealing bollocks.

But piracy is stealing as you're illegally downloading something that has to be paid for. I could have easily have seen the pretty dire AvP:Requim from the discomfort of my wooden chair on my shitty laptop, but I didn't I went to see it in the cinema and paid the money. I don't understand how you wouldn't want to have the cinema experience, even tonight as 20th Century Fox's fanfare was blared out infront of me I just sat there thinking "this is brilliant." That of course didn't last too long, but being in the cinema is one of the best things, nay, the best thing about watching movies.

If you don't wanna pay to see the film, don't see the film. Go and watch Corrie.

I love how some anti-piracy posters put things. Hard wooden chairs and shitty laptops! You can watch pirated films from the sumptuous comfort of your soft sofa on your big ass telly without having to go to the crowded cinema where some juvenile keeps kicking the back of your chair. And as for the couple constantly talking in front of you!

If someone wants to download a film, fair enough. I cant see how offering a rose tinted view of going to the cinema will change them.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 74
RE: RE: - 19/1/2008 10:55:25 AM   
Mikey C

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

quote:

I love how some anti-piracy posters put things. Hard wooden chairs and shitty laptops! You can watch pirated films from the sumptuous comfort of your soft sofa on your big ass telly without having to go to the crowded cinema where some juvenile keeps kicking the back of your chair. And as for the couple constantly talking in front of you!

If someone wants to download a film, fair enough. I cant see how offering a rose tinted view of going to the cinema will change them.

1) It's illegal
2) This is a review thread.
3) Everytime someone downloads a film, Tom Cruise dies.
4) This is a review thread
5) Authors of copyrighted materials have a right to say how it is distributed, even if that's as stupid a method as film and record companies tend to demand.
6) This is a review thread, which means any more off topic rantings will be deleted
7) I'm naked right now

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 75
Spot On - 19/1/2008 11:07:53 AM   
morgs24

Empire couldn't be more right on this one, bravo!

Post #: 76
RE: RE: - 19/1/2008 11:32:03 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mikey C
1) It's illegal
2) This is a review thread.
3) Everytime someone downloads a film, Tom Cruise dies.
4) This is a review thread
5) Authors of copyrighted materials have a right to say how it is distributed, even if that's as stupid a method as film and record companies tend to demand.
6) This is a review thread, which means any more off topic rantings will be deleted
7) I'm naked right now

1 Wasnt my point!
2 I know!
3 Cool!
4 Debate ebbs and flows!
5 I know!
6 Make sure you stick to the debate then!
7 I know!

8 I'd NEVER watch a pirate copy of a film like Clover. You know that the impact would be lost on the 'smaller' screen. I cant wait for this to be released. Watched The Host last night (on a DVD! small screen, on a sofa) and loved the shots when the creature first attacks but it would have been better to see them BIG. Hopefully the film will deliver as Im sure it will and I'll be in the cinema to watch it.

(see what I did, dealt with the review side of the debate and the off topic stuff)

screw you Mickey!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Mikey C)
Post #: 77
RE: RE: - 19/1/2008 12:44:13 PM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

quote:

I love how some anti-piracy posters put things. Hard wooden chairs and shitty laptops!

Well I was talking about my own circumstances there, as clearly stated.

quote:

You can watch pirated films from the sumptuous comfort of your soft sofa on your big ass telly without having to go to the crowded cinema where some juvenile keeps kicking the back of your chair. And as for the couple constantly talking in front of you!

I love how some pro-piracy posters put things, constant juvenile annoyance and non-stop talking couples in the cinema. Sure these things happen, but to say they happen all the time is a bit of an exaggeration. I haven't had anybody kick my chair or talk in the cinema in a long time.

And yes, The Host is freaking sweet especially the inital attack from the monster. Blew me away, really can't wait for Cloverfield but I'll make sure to seat farther back in the cinema than I normally do to avoid motion sickness, which I am often a sufferer of.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 78
deleted - 19/1/2008 1:31:44 PM   
Jasper

deleted

< Message edited by Jasper -- 19/1/2008 9:03:20 PM >

Post #: 79
RE: RE: - 19/1/2008 1:32:16 PM   
borstal

quote:

I love how some pro-piracy posters put things, constant juvenile annoyance and non-stop talking couples in the cinema.

And yes, The Host is freaking sweet especially the inital attack from the monster. Blew me away, really can't wait for Cloverfield but I'll make sure to seat farther back in the cinema than I normally do to avoid motion sickness, which I am often a sufferer of.

You seem to have lumped me with the pro piracy posters?

And I wont be watching Cloverfield on IMAX at the front (if it is indeed ever released on that format?!) Watched I Am Legend on the front row and it was awful, got neck ache and felt dizzy. I'll be sitting with Mojo and sharing my popcorn .

back a bit more On Topic, there are more comparisons with Blair Witch in that the pre release hype is somewhat similar with both having hoax 'true' news reports. Hope it lives up to the hype its getting.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 80
Years from now . . . - 19/1/2008 2:48:23 PM   
Sambora

1) Cloverfield's five star rating will eclipse the shame of the notorious 5 * 'Attack of the Clones' rating (since revised)
2) Empire will wonder how and why Olly Richards found gainful employment in their office
3) People will laugh at how, briefly, people thought a marketing packed gimmick of a movie's special selling point was . . . it was all filmed on handheld camera.

Post #: 81
RE: Wheres OUR preview? - 19/1/2008 5:12:37 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

Whats with all these 'preview' screenings cropping up everywhere... Australia, Amsterdam... everywhere except the UK?
The only preview I know of here is gonna be on Sunday 27th Jan?
Why are we the last to see the fucking thing?
(Ok, we may not be the absolute last, but still, Australia and Holland before us? Bloody outrageous!)

And I stand by my remark in the other 'review' thread, 3.5 / 4 is what im expecting out of it. (So I've ticked that box here). Any more and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

< Message edited by Cabal aka Boone -- 19/1/2008 5:13:09 PM >

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 June 15, 2008
Post #: 82
Cloverfield - 20/1/2008 1:35:04 AM   
Practically Perfect

Just a few short hours ago I was saying how I hoped Olly Richards would write the review, as I tend to agree with him and was naively arrogant enough to assume that we would be in accord about Cloverfield. Unfortunately my reviewer crush suffered a minor derailment this evening and I've shifted my affections (read stalking) to Tom Ambrose.

Spoilers possible from here on in...

My biggest problem with Cloverfield is the overwhelming arrogance of JJ Abrams, the way he feels he can taunt, tantalise, tease the audience and provide no resolution, let alone answers is beyond insufferable. The fact that I and 20 odd other people sat there through the interminable credits for the climax of a post-credit treat that amounted to an incoherant mumble makes me feel slightly dirty and used.

I love the fact that books and films can be used to toy with their audience's expectations, that they can subvert, divert, spin around, do the okey cokey with everything we have walked into that room or opened that book expecting. However film making is about story telling, and stories need a beginning, a middle and an end. Cloverfield's beginning was interminable, it's middle was exhilarating but unfulfilling and the end was premature and ludicrous. The character cries out "My legs, my legs", is dragged out of the helicopter wreckage and then runs about a bit in terror. Clearly he found a new pair. The three remaining protagonists have survived a crash that the behelmeted and beprotective-gear-ed soldiers don't. Finally the silly girl they got into a large part of the mess over has somehow managed to fix the fact she had a metal pole stuck through her shoulder and is sobbing and holding her hair back in the final shots. That mutant healing gene came in nice and handy there.

Ultimately if a film is going to provide me with no answers then I want everything else about it to be fucking flawless, and if some arrogant arse of a director/producer/writer thinks that he can take my $12 and promise me everything then he better be ready to deliver.

I know this is a bit of a rant and I probably didn't "get" the film or what the director was conveying, and I just don't understand how great it is that cinema has progressed to the point where unscripted, gimmicky filmed shit can make XXX trillion dollars in just 30 seconds. Yet half of my cinema audience were scoffing as they left the room and the other half (myself included) looked a little too shell-shocked to scoff.

Two shiny stars from me, simply because I was entertained and the monster was quite cool. Plus it was nowhere near as bad as Hitman.

[Starts dismantling the camera outside Olly's flat]

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 83
Finally. An original film from a classic genre. Some sp... - 20/1/2008 3:24:59 AM   
filmdude92

When I first saw the original teaser for Cloverfield I thought that it must be a new Godzilla movie or something, because these days, movies don't build up this kind of hype unless they're a remake or an adaptation. I was nicely surprised when it turned out that this wasn't a Godzilla movie or a remake movie at all, but an original tale from J.J. Abrams that depicts the coming of a monster through the eyes of some young Manhattan people. It starts out with them having a party for Rob, who is leaving to go take a job in Japan. After some strange rumbles and noises, an explosion is seen in the distance. The flying debris forces the party to end and for everyone to evacuate the building. On the streets, our party goers are greeted with the head of the Statue of Liberty, which comes flying down the street towards them. And thus begins an amazing journey of our heroes to rescue Rob's love-interest and get out of Manhattan before the government nukes the whole place. Our group starts out with 5, but by the time they reach Beth (Rob's love) their numbers are reduced to 3 and by the time the movie ends, one more person kicks the bucket. The film does a great way of uniquely filming our character's tale and it gives great climatic moments of tension plenty of thrills along the way. Also, the graphics are amazing. The creature and whatever the little things are that spawn from it look real and terrifying, and sound the same way to. Overall, I'd say this was a great way to start the year for movies. This film is classic in it's presentation and overall quality and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to see a blockbuster film without the typical blockbuster genre involved.

Post #: 84
Finally. An original film from a classic genre. Some sp... - 20/1/2008 3:26:02 AM   
filmdude92

When I first saw the original teaser for Cloverfield I thought that it must be a new Godzilla movie or something, because these days, movies don't build up this kind of hype unless they're a remake or an adaptation. I was nicely surprised when it turned out that this wasn't a Godzilla movie or a remake movie at all, but an original tale from J.J. Abrams that depicts the coming of a monster through the eyes of some young Manhattan people. It starts out with them having a party for Rob, who is leaving to go take a job in Japan. After some strange rumbles and noises, an explosion is seen in the distance. The flying debris forces the party to end and for everyone to evacuate the building. On the streets, our party goers are greeted with the head of the Statue of Liberty, which comes flying down the street towards them. And thus begins an amazing journey of our heroes to rescue Rob's love-interest and get out of Manhattan before the government nukes the whole place. Our group starts out with 5, but by the time they reach Beth (Rob's love) their numbers are reduced to 3 and by the time the movie ends, one more person kicks the bucket. The ending is very abrupt and almost no questions are answered at all. Some may find this annoying, but to me, the it is presented it comes off as some cinematic genius. The film does a great way of uniquely filming our character's tale and it gives great climatic moments of tension plenty of thrills along the way. Also, the graphics are amazing. The creature and whatever the little things are that spawn from it look real and terrifying, and sound the same way to. Overall, I'd say this was a great way to start the year for movies. This film is classic in it's presentation and overall quality and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to see a blockbuster film without the typical blockbuster genre involved.

Post #: 85
superb - 21/1/2008 5:14:56 AM   
miketang99

this was one of the most truley original movies i have aseen in the new milenium. watched it in hk where the warning on the movie inculded the disclaimer about handheld camera shots causing nausea and disorientation. i tried to stay away form any direct discussions about the movie nd exactly what it was about and that helped to create the sense of awe which the movie has left me in. this movie and its marketing did not try to create fake info but to provide a much more rich movie goign experience. we have seen this happening ever since the days of the matrix with the website, comic and animated story back ups and now we have a truely multimedia experience. it delivers in ways that i am legend should also have worked btu with a miniscule budget it shows the big studios that great ideas dont have to cost millions

Post #: 86
sequal mentioned on wikipedia - 21/1/2008 5:16:45 AM   
miketang99

olly i hope you dont remove any stars as a sequel has been mentioned on wiki (from reeves) a while back but from another group of surviors

Post #: 87
RE: sequal mentioned on wikipedia - 21/1/2008 7:42:51 AM   
C3

I simply had to join once I saw that Empire had gave this movie 5 stars because it shows that Empire has well and truly lost the plot. There may be some minor spoilers below...But basically the film starts off already irratating the pants of me. A leaving party going on in an upscale Manhatten apartment with some smug yuppie types that you instantly hate. Oh and not one of them can hold a camera still to save their lives...You would think they were all ready drunk by the haph hazard nature that they hold the camera. This irratation holds throughout the movie I might add. It then simply just decends into farce. The whole point about it being filmed on a video camera is to add a sense of realism to the movie, yet the characters do things that no one in real life would EVER do. Not to mention, every single one of them is vacuous and down right hatefull. You do not care one iota whether  they live or die..in fact more often than not I was well on the side of the Godzilla rip off that was the monster. The HUD character in particular needed to be wiped out from the start. The dialogue seems to consist of "we gotta get ouuta here" and not much else.....was just mind numbing.

Secondly, all this talk about the film being original had me open mouthed in disbelief. It must be one of the most unoriginal films of our times, taking on all the big ideas of some of the most recent movies and melding them into a farcical hot potch of a movie. It totally rips off the Blair Witch, 28 days/weeks later, Godzilla and even a direct scene from Aliens. Some of the scenes had me laughing my head off! In fact the particular cinema I saw it, the audience were in stiches at scenes that were NOT mean't to be funny. One particular scene where one of the "characters" gets bitten and she has a masive bite on her back..yet a few washes with a can of mountain due and she's right as rain. This magical, wolverine style regeneration continues when another girl is impaled on a metal rod, yet a few scenes later shes lifting her arms up and playing with her hair.They also manage to survive a helicopter crash from about 800ft in the air where as the 2 army guys in full protection die of course.

And then there is the camera itself..all around, everyones mobiles and communications are dying out, yet these camera keeps on going despite being dropped, suffering a bomb blast and a massive helicopter accident..Honestly it must have had uranium batteries. It seriously is a film where marketing and hype just steamroller Acting, directing and writing. It was absolute ROT!

Empire really have lost all credibility in my eyes. Its reviews cannot be trusted any more. This particular one comes after  along line of giving high marks to over hyped and generally bad movies - Death Proof  for example and giving very low marks for films that are better than the 2 star rating they got - Simpsons for example. Their gradin system is really inconsistent, sorta like the size of the monster in Cloverfield. 

5 stars??? What are they smoking????

Post #: 88
RE: sequal mentioned on wikipedia - 21/1/2008 8:42:06 AM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

ORIGINAL: C3

I simply had to join once I saw that Empire had gave this movie 5 stars because it shows that Empire has well and truly lost the plot. There may be some minor spoilers below...But basically the film starts off already irratating the pants of me. A leaving party going on in an upscale Manhatten apartment with some smug yuppie types that you instantly hate. Oh and not one of them can hold a camera still to save their lives...You would think they were all ready drunk by the haph hazard nature that they hold the camera. This irratation holds throughout the movie I might add. It then simply just decends into farce. The whole point about it being filmed on a video camera is to add a sense of realism to the movie, yet the characters do things that no one in real life would EVER do. Not to mention, every single one of them is vacuous and down right hatefull. You do not care one iota whether  they live or die..in fact more often than not I was well on the side of the Godzilla rip off that was the monster. The HUD character in particular needed to be wiped out from the start. The dialogue seems to consist of "we gotta get ouuta here" and not much else.....was just mind numbing.

Secondly, all this talk about the film being original had me open mouthed in disbelief. It must be one of the most unoriginal films of our times, taking on all the big ideas of some of the most recent movies and melding them into a farcical hot potch of a movie. It totally rips off the Blair Witch, 28 days/weeks later, Godzilla and even a direct scene from Aliens. Some of the scenes had me laughing my head off! In fact the particular cinema I saw it, the audience were in stiches at scenes that were NOT mean't to be funny. One particular scene where one of the "characters" gets bitten and she has a masive bite on her back..yet a few washes with a can of mountain due and she's right as rain. This magical, wolverine style regeneration continues when another girl is impaled on a metal rod, yet a few scenes later shes lifting her arms up and playing with her hair.They also manage to survive a helicopter crash from about 800ft in the air where as the 2 army guys in full protection die of course.

And then there is the camera itself..all around, everyones mobiles and communications are dying out, yet these camera keeps on going despite being dropped, suffering a bomb blast and a massive helicopter accident..Honestly it must have had uranium batteries. It seriously is a film where marketing and hype just steamroller Acting, directing and writing. It was absolute ROT!

Empire really have lost all credibility in my eyes. Its reviews cannot be trusted any more. This particular one comes after  along line of giving high marks to over hyped and generally bad movies - Death Proof  for example and giving very low marks for films that are better than the 2 star rating they got - Simpsons for example. Their gradin system is really inconsistent, sorta like the size of the monster in Cloverfield. 

5 stars??? What are they smoking????

Well this all sounds interesting. Ill be watching the film very soon and I will give my opinion.

(in reply to C3)
Post #: 89
I Might be Interested now. - 21/1/2008 1:05:00 PM   
holsy

Seriously 5 Stars. I havent seen it yet but im curious if this is just another case of over excitement sydrome in the Empire office, ala Attack Of The Clones. Or is it really that good of a monster movie!!!
I havent read all the posts here so forgive me if i am repeating someone, but i would like to comment on that statement someone made about people not stopping to film in a crisis situation. Well, as much as i hate to bring this up, i cant help but say 9/11. If that was true, then how was it when i watched the news on that fatefull day i saw clear footage of the second plane crashing into the tower and the two towers collapsing. Apparently someone stopped and pulled out a phone or camcorder and hit record. Once again i apologise for bringing the subject up, but i think it makes a resounding point - people do film in those situations, so the idea of Cloverfield is not that far fetched at all.

< Message edited by holsy -- 21/1/2008 1:24:52 PM >

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI