Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  347 348 349 350 [351]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/1/2015 8:58:56 PM   
Senor Benedict

I'm a single person, never tried Internet dating and never will.

Yup, it gets a bit lonely sometimes... but I'd rather leave it to the hands of Fate.

A Bad idea... maybe. But totally out of the blue, a close female friend got in touch with me on Christmas Eve, someone I always had a bit of a thing for but she couldn't get anything going (bad relationship stuff on her part, I won't bore you with the details)....

We've had a couple of non-expectant 'dates' (ie, nothing naughty happening )and things are looking pretty damn sweet.

Trawling through the muck of the fuck-awful dating scene will rarely dredge up anything decent. I'm optimistic thanks to the circle of people that I know. Wish me luck, guys...

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10501
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/1/2015 11:19:43 AM   
bobatim

The lecturer I'm supposed to be filming an interview, who keeps cancelling on me, still hasn't shown up for her 10:30 appointment. I've lost the filming slot now!

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

(in reply to Senor Benedict)
Post #: 10502
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/1/2015 2:24:28 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Sorry for my gender Harley. That sort of thing was one reason I avoided Internet dating when I was single as my brushes with it generally resulted in Russian/Thai women emailing me and trying to get me to send them money (I know someone who is so desperate for a relationship he is now in communication with his third Russian woman and this is after sendign money to two others for "air fare" after which they went silent, the fact these model type 20 year olds are emailing a portly bald man in his late 30's should be a giveaway).There are some gems amongst the coal but they are very difficult to find nowadays/

Don't apologise lovely unless you're one of the weirdo's that's sent me those messages. It's just so disheartening. I've graduated to wassaping two people that I like and our conversation has been interesting but even one them has requested arse and boob pics. I get that physical attraction is important but surely having something in common with someone and being able to converse with someone is as important as how someone fill's out a pair of jeans.

I'm being naive aren't I?
I totally agree about finding the diamond among the coals.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10503
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/1/2015 5:04:39 PM   
sanchia

For five months after Easter the wonderful local council in Norwich has decided it is a good idea to close one of the only roads left which allows people to drive from one side of the city to the other in order to prepare a 1.5m cycleway (existing cycleways and paths are not used with people riding on the road next to them rather than using them). This is going to push thousands of commuters onto two other routes which are already congested due to changes they made a few months ago which has caused a complete mess to the road system to one side of the city. For me it is going to mean a two mile diversion and probably an additional 40 minutes to my commute home of lucky. The start time of the roadworks also overlaps the end time of other roadworks which is closing one of the other routes. If there were alternatives to driving (buses, park and rides etc) it would be fine but the park and rides are near capacity and the cost of using it has increased massively and buses will not be able to get down the road either so will be in the jams with everyone else.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 26/1/2015 5:18:50 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 10504
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/1/2015 9:28:07 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

quote:

Sorry for my gender Harley. That sort of thing was one reason I avoided Internet dating when I was single as my brushes with it generally resulted in Russian/Thai women emailing me and trying to get me to send them money (I know someone who is so desperate for a relationship he is now in communication with his third Russian woman and this is after sendign money to two others for "air fare" after which they went silent, the fact these model type 20 year olds are emailing a portly bald man in his late 30's should be a giveaway).There are some gems amongst the coal but they are very difficult to find nowadays/

Don't apologise lovely unless you're one of the weirdo's that's sent me those messages. It's just so disheartening. I've graduated to wassaping two people that I like and our conversation has been interesting but even one them has requested arse and boob pics. I get that physical attraction is important but surely having something in common with someone and being able to converse with someone is as important as how someone fill's out a pair of jeans.

I'm being naive aren't I?
I totally agree about finding the diamond among the coals.

You're not being nave - someone requesting that kind of pic at that stage is a creep and playing you. I'd block immediately at that point - all they want is a boasting tool for their equally creep friends.

I pity the teenagers who get teenagers behaving like this - unlike you, they might fall for that crap.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 10505
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/1/2015 9:31:21 AM   
elab49

quote:

For five months after Easter the wonderful local council in Norwich has decided it is a good idea to close one of the only roads left which allows people to drive from one side of the city to the other in order to prepare a 1.5m cycleway (existing cycleways and paths are not used with people riding on the road next to them rather than using them). This is going to push thousands of commuters onto two other routes which are already congested due to changes they made a few months ago which has caused a complete mess to the road system to one side of the city. For me it is going to mean a two mile diversion and probably an additional 40 minutes to my commute home of lucky. The start time of the roadworks also overlaps the end time of other roadworks which is closing one of the other routes. If there were alternatives to driving (buses, park and rides etc) it would be fine but the park and rides are near capacity and the cost of using it has increased massively and buses will not be able to get down the road either so will be in the jams with everyone else.

But don't you know that car drivers are the evil in the world and who gives a damn about them when there is a great glorious sanctimony that is bike riding which will bring new enlightenment to the world....

Sorry - but some tits about this really really get up my nose. There's no thought to sharing roads, it's always one side that needs to be inconvenienced because we don't have the right infrastructure.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10506
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/1/2015 6:04:38 PM   
sanchia

The thing is there is already a cycle route for buses and cycles which leads to exactly the same place with less distance and it is predicted by local business leaders that this is going to cost over 2m to the local economy. I wouldn't object if it was a month or so but 5 months is a ridiculous amount of time and there are fears that this will be a two phase thing with another 5 months for the second phase which will cause as much disruption.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10507
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/1/2015 7:30:56 PM   
elab49

Sorry - thought my post was more obviously sarcastic. The 'sanctimony' bit was the giveaway? Sick to the back teeth of car drivers being the loser because of trying to respond to the few bike riders who claim to speak for everyone and claim everyone would cycle if there were safe routes (based on very flimsy evidence). The worst of them have no thought to sharing - they ignore the facts that cars manipulate to give bikes and other cars space because driving has to be for the most part done by people who are considerate - too many cyclists aren't.

I'd add I have less respect for some of them than I did a few weeks ago too - barely in London a couple of hours and some tit wove through cars stopped at a red light and nearly knocked me down while I crossed at green - then swore at me as if it was my fault.

quote:

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10508
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/1/2015 7:43:00 PM   
sanchia

That is the thing. They have already spent 800,000 on a cycle path just outside the city and the cyclists all ride down the road leaving the cycle path empty. I think The Greens who run the council may have picked the wrong time to announce this and are likely to be losing quite a few votes in the upcoming election . I think there is a place for both vehicles but to do this is a ridiculous action which appear to be ideologically based rather than based on sensible data. They already have approved a new supermarket which according to code should have twenty parking spaces but they have not approved the parking so instead the supermarket is going to have a bike rack outside because everyone goes to the supermarket on a bike...

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10509
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/1/2015 9:01:20 PM   
Senor Benedict

my personal issue with cyclists is when they are riding at high speed on the fucking pavement and seem to think that YOU'RE in the fucking way when they pedal past...

Get on the road, where you belong, you ignorant cunts. You could hurt someone.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10510
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2015 3:01:12 PM   
steffols

As the fiancee of someone who cycles to work, I'd much rather he inconveniences a person on foot than a half ton piece of metal which could slice through him in a second.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Senor Benedict)
Post #: 10511
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2015 8:52:21 PM   
Senor Benedict

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

As the fiancee of someone who cycles to work, I'd much rather he inconveniences a person on foot than a half ton piece of metal which could slice through him in a second.

Fine, until you cycle at high speed and then meet a small child or an elderly person, both with easily-breakable bones...

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 10512
Page:   <<   < prev  347 348 349 350 [351]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  347 348 349 350 [351]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI