Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  345 346 [347] 348 349   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2014 10:32:04 AM   
sharkboy

You're not having much luck with this cycling lark, are you? That sucks.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 10381
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2014 10:41:52 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Not a lot.

In the 5 years of cycling I have:
- Had three crashes resulting in hospital treatment. One involving an hedgehog that resulted in a smashed elbow. One involving a car and one with another cyclist resulting in a trashed wheel. (None of these were my fault)
- Been assaulted twice.
- Had bike wheels nicked twice.
- Had lights nicked once.

All (except the first) have been reported to the police with no action taken on any of it.

I just put it down to the cost of cycling daily.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 10382
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/1/2014 11:49:17 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Not a lot.

In the 5 years of cycling I have:
- Had three crashes resulting in hospital treatment. One involving an hedgehog that resulted in a smashed elbow. One involving a car and one with another cyclist resulting in a trashed wheel. (None of these were my fault)
- Been assaulted twice.
- Had bike wheels nicked twice.
- Had lights nicked once.

All (except the first) have been reported to the police with no action taken on any of it.

I just put it down to the cost of cycling daily.

I cycle daily and I've not had any of that. You should really be more careful/not have a face people want to punch.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 10383
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/2/2014 6:20:07 PM   
sanchia

Why is it that whenever I buy multiple items from Ebay I only ever get sent one of them and need to chase up the other parts? This is the third time in three months this has happened with different seller each time.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10384
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/2/2014 9:18:46 PM   
Mister Coe

I'm pissed off because I've been trying to arrange a big reunion meet thing for old work friends who got laid off last year... folks who were apparently so fond of each other...

It was supposed to happen tomorrow night at a pub we all like... and after SO many enthusiastic messages, people so loved up for this meet... practically EVERYONE has suddenly cancelled in the last 24 hours, for the most stupid of reasons...

I was looking forward to seeing people I care about... apparently, they've all got better things to do than meet up with me.

On the other hand, perhaps they've all finally figured out that I'm just a cunt, basically.

Say what now?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10385
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/2/2014 2:16:35 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Toothache

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10386
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/2/2014 1:41:59 PM   
Hood_Man

Ugh, a friend stormed off last night after I said no to him flirting with me. 1) I see him as a friend, and 2) he has a boyfriend already.

...And yet I still feel really bad for upsetting him. Stupid conscience

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 10387
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/2/2014 7:46:00 PM   
Sway

Fuck's sake.

Last night I got a message from a workmate asking if I was keen to do something with him outdoors today. It was later in the evening when he messaged, by which point I'd kinda resigned myself to a late night of watching films, and therefore a lie-in today. However I know he has issues with anixety/depression and doesn't like being on his own, so I was happy enough to make last minute plans. I got my gear organised and all laid out for the morning, set my alarm, and went to bed after I wrapped up one film. Got up in the morning after having my sleep disrupted around 4am by my flatmate and his mates coming back drunk (which I knew was going to happen, and was another reason I'd figured I'd have a lie-in today) had a shower etc, started feeling glad I'd agreed to get outdoors today, and then got a text from him an hour before he was due to pick me up, cancelling.

I was pretty pissed off since it was him who'd really been pushing for it in the first place, and now I was up at a stupid time on a Sunday morning.

I decided since I was already up I may as well just stay up and go out for a walk along the beach myself, which was nice enough.

Got back and had a few hours to kill until a planned skype chat with my bro to organise booking flights to go out to visit him for some boarding. He'd text me at 7am telling me a time for the skype, which we'd been trying to organise for days. I knew my friends were heading to the cinema tonight but figured I couldn't go with them as I knew my bro would be pissed off if I dingied the chat. So it's 7pm and there's no sign of him... Not even on whatsapp. I text him asking if he's around/if it's still on, and I get a message back saying he's been in another resort all day, hasn't got back to his apartment and he's tired from a full day of boarding.

This left me fucking fizzing. How about you text me mid-day or even a few hours earlier when you know you're not going to be back in time to ask if we can re-arrange?? I guarantee he would go absolutely ape shit if I'd done the same to him. Left him sitting at a computer waiting for me to appear, after declining other offers. I don't even know if he would have messaged me to tell me he couldn't make it if I hadn't messaged him first.

Seriously, fuck both of them that they're selfish enough to think my time is just for them to fuck about with as they see fit.

I understand people have reasons for cancelling things at short notice. But I organised my time today around both of them and they both just pissed me about.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10388
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/2/2014 8:03:09 PM   
superdan

People who are casual and generous with other people's time boil my piss, so I can certainly sympathise there Sway.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10389
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/2/2014 10:34:35 PM   
Sway

Thanks for the sympathetic ear! I was practically spitting feathers earlier.

I think what made it worse is that I decided to call my brother out on it, as I was too angry to pretend I was fine, and he totally missed the point as to why I was angry. I said I wasn't wanting to fall out about it but could he not have text me during the day to give me warning so I could have re-arranged my night? And he said he was just totally shattered after a day of boarding and driving, and once I get on the slopes I'll understand, which in itself was patronising.

Yes, I get the fact he's tired, I never disputed that spending a whole day boarding wouldn't make you exhausted. It was the lack of consideration or foresight to message me when he knew he wouldn't make the skype that pissed me off.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 10390
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/2/2014 8:14:09 AM   
jonson

Sway - I've been having this discussion recently. I organise a lot of events, about 6 a year where I have 2 tables of 12, for charity. I invite people with plenty of notice, and guaranteed that at least 2-5 out of the 24 let me down, if not more, with a week or a few days to go.
Being an old moaning bastard, I blame this on the ease at which you can let people down.
Email, a text, a phone call. Piece of piss. 2 minutes of uncomfortable shuffling then back to whatever you were doing. Do people not keep themselves organised any more?
No, because they don't have to. Because the phone, or the PC, or the Apple, or twitter or whatever else it is they deem more important, gives them an easy route out. Life is too off the cuff now, no-one knows what they are doing this Friday because they have something in their pocket that might beep and tell them they can't.
I'm sure it's not all that, but I do share your sympathy. I have a 1 strike rule now. Get let down once and fuck them, I won't rely on them again.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10391
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/2/2014 8:55:04 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Sway - I've been having this discussion recently. I organise a lot of events, about 6 a year where I have 2 tables of 12, for charity. I invite people with plenty of notice, and guaranteed that at least 2-5 out of the 24 let me down, if not more, with a week or a few days to go.
Being an old moaning bastard, I blame this on the ease at which you can let people down.
Email, a text, a phone call. Piece of piss. 2 minutes of uncomfortable shuffling then back to whatever you were doing. Do people not keep themselves organised any more?
No, because they don't have to. Because the phone, or the PC, or the Apple, or twitter or whatever else it is they deem more important, gives them an easy route out. Life is too off the cuff now, no-one knows what they are doing this Friday because they have something in their pocket that might beep and tell them they can't.
I'm sure it's not all that, but I do share your sympathy. I have a 1 strike rule now. Get let down once and fuck them, I won't rely on them again.

For me, the most frustrating part is the last-minute aspect to the cancelling. In your example, I would be more forgiving towards those who contacted me far enough in advance, even if I wasn't generally too happy with them for cancelling at all.

Funnily enough, I recently met an old workmate on a trip to Glasgow who I haven't seen in around 3 - 4 years and yet I still had a go about a particular time he cancelled on me at the last minute. (Me? Oh no, I'm not one to bear grudges....) Not too long after I'd moved away from Glasgow, he'd contacted me asking me to come and visit specifically to do a particular nearby hill with him and his pals that they climb every January. I was keen, so made the suitable arrangements for it - i.e booked train tickets, accommodation, sorted time off work, and on the day I lugged my heavy bag filled with all my gear into work, looking forward to heading down after my shift had finished.

He called me mid-day and left a voicemail telling me he was ill and could no longer do it. He was sorry to cancel at short notice but he was holding out to see if he felt any better, and he didn't.

I was pretty hacked off. My options were; still head to Glasgow and contact other friends enroute to see if anybody would be free to meet up with me at all, however I'd be decked out in walking boots and have nothing remotely suitable for pubs, or stay at home and kiss goodbye to the money I'd spent on trains and accommodation. I was in such a foul mood I chose the latter as I knew I could always make social arrangements with any of my friends here, rather than chancing a trip to Glasgow with none of my friends there being available.

I get that you can't help being ill - but in his case it was a cold/flu, not really something that disappears suddenly. Even if he'd messaged me the night before, it would have given me the chance to contact other people to see if they'd be free, and for me to re-pack my bag accordingly. He thought he was doing the best thing by waiting until the last minute, but that's the thing that pissed me off the most about it.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 10392
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/2/2014 2:01:56 PM   
elab49

Well, more annoyed - councils that forget to turn off the 20mph flashing signs when the bloody schools are on half term.

Sway, as a big sister all I can say is your brother needs a slap. A hard one.

The worst cancel at the last minute I can think of doing was for a festival leaving early on Saturday but I'd been on a course finishing the day before and through Friday I just got iller and iller. I know it was illness but I still felt terrible especially as the headache part started clearing thro' Saturday. I can empathise with hoping it would clear in time but giving a heads up as soon as you think there might be a problem is really the decent thing to do.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10393
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/2/2014 8:18:21 PM   
Mister Coe

OK, as I've said before, I'm unemployed again so today I registered with a recruitment agency who had a couple of jobs I was interested in...

An experience even worse than dealing with the DWP. Firstly, having to fill their bloody forms when they already every single detail in my CV and the email I sent across yesterday.

Then an 'in-depth' interview with an utterly snotty cow asking me ridiculous questions about jobs I did 20 years ago, all the time referring back to my original CV and trying to catch me out on the slightest detail that might indicate that I was lying about something... and the whole time, she had the demeanour of looking at someone who dragged some shit in on his shoes...

And, at the end of it, it turns out that of the two jobs I was interested in, one of them doesn't actually exist and the other isn't 18k a year, it's a shade above minimum wage... is this shit legal?

My blood is still boiling, nine hours later...

Say what now?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10394
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/2/2014 9:08:57 AM   
sanchia

A main roundabout which deals with half the town I live in has been effectively closed for a week. The first I heard about it was when I was heading towards it today and there were lights and massive queues which took half an hour to travel about 200m. There have been no warning signs or anything prior to this. Another joy to the 3000 houses they are building there.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10395
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/2/2014 11:41:07 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

A main roundabout which deals with half the town I live in has been effectively closed for a week. The first I heard about it was when I was heading towards it today and there were lights and massive queues which took half an hour to travel about 200m. There have been no warning signs or anything prior to this. Another joy to the 3000 houses they are building there.

It ended up with the police having to attend and tell them to dismantle the traffic control as it was set up so badly with the timings so messed up the entire town ended up in gridlock. The local supermarket was not happy either as they had put a no left turn sign opposite the left turn which is the entrance to the forementioned supermarket so essentially they were closing the supermarket without permission to do so.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10396
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/2/2014 7:53:44 PM   
Ghidorah

I got the urge to hunt down some scumbags and smash their cars in with a fucking sledgehammer. I will even call the police so they can witness the act of retribution.

I am very carefull when comes to car parks. I always park in the least busiest parts or choose a floor where the parking bays are plentiful. I never park near the entrance of the supermarket or mall unless it's early in the morning or late at night. The other day I parked in the far corner of in the line of parking bays. To the left of me are curb stones and to my right is twenty or so parking bays. To make the matter worst I manage to squeeze my car close to the curb stones to give the parking by my right extra room.

When I returned I'd discovered a series of dents running along my car. I don't mean scratches but dents like someone used a lot of force to open their car door. The edge of my passenger door suffered two sizeable dents and the wheel arch also had a dent. There should be another dent in the passenger door, above the wheel arch but the door handle took the brunt of the force. I might understand one of their car doors somehow hitting mine but two of them is taking the piss when it comes to piss takers. Especially the size of the dents. I can only conclude the car belong to some skunky low lifes on benefits. I would also imagine they didn't pay for their shopping either.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10397
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/2/2014 4:06:16 PM   
Valanya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

I got the urge to hunt down some scumbags and smash their cars in with a fucking sledgehammer. I will even call the police so they can witness the act of retribution.

I am very carefull when comes to car parks. I always park in the least busiest parts or choose a floor where the parking bays are plentiful. I never park near the entrance of the supermarket or mall unless it's early in the morning or late at night. The other day I parked in the far corner of in the line of parking bays. To the left of me are curb stones and to my right is twenty or so parking bays. To make the matter worst I manage to squeeze my car close to the curb stones to give the parking by my right extra room.

When I returned I'd discovered a series of dents running along my car. I don't mean scratches but dents like someone used a lot of force to open their car door. The edge of my passenger door suffered two sizeable dents and the wheel arch also had a dent. There should be another dent in the passenger door, above the wheel arch but the door handle took the brunt of the force. I might understand one of their car doors somehow hitting mine but two of them is taking the piss when it comes to piss takers. Especially the size of the dents. I can only conclude the car belong to some skunky low lifes on benefits. I would also imagine they didn't pay for their shopping either.

I feel your pain on people who park their cars like dicks, though luckily for me I've never had anyone actually dent my car. I've been very tempted to do it to other people though. The car park for my flats leads out on to a narrow one-way street, and a couple of people CONSTANTLY park their cars (on double yellow lines nonetheless) opposite the car park entrance, making it very difficult to get out or in. The people who park there are lucky that I no longer drive the piece of shit Fiesta I used to, because the other day I was so pissed off that, had I been in the Fiesta, I would have happily scraped it down the side of their BMW and not given a single fuck.

On Sunday I went down the street and noticed that all of those cars had been given parking tickets. If it had been a warmer day I'd have stayed out to wash the car, purely in the hope of seeing the owners' faces when they came back and discovered the fines

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 10398
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/2/2014 8:06:49 PM   
Scruffybobby

Somewhere between tea time yesterday and lunchtime today I seem to have lost 20.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 10399
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/2/2014 11:24:59 PM   
Mister Coe

Yet another example of a recruitment agency promising me work...

... so I travel a 60-minute bus ride each way to their head office because the guy I spoke to said 'we'll definitely have some work for you...'

...and then, after filling out more forms and doing a stupid IT test, I get fobbed off with 'well, the jobs you were after have a backlog of people applying for them, but we'll let you know if something comes up...'

Fucking CUNTS....

Say what now?

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 10400
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/2/2014 5:43:15 PM   
DancingClown

Seems that someone or something has hacked my dead father's e-mail account. Now I know it's been nearly two years and it should've been closed by now (my mum had other worries) but that was a weird shock there for a second. Out of curiosity I clicked on the link it had sent and it directed me towards a beauty advert on the Fox News web-site. Twats.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 10401
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/2/2014 8:45:15 PM   
DancingClown

Christ, now my mother-in-law has a tumour in her lung. And it's inoperable. There's treatment available but it's pretty much just buying time. Dunno if she'll make it to see her fifth grandson born later this year.

Jesus. Really am getting to that age where we seem to be losing them all. Death. That cunt is everywhere.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10402
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/2/2014 7:10:00 AM   
sanchia

Really sorry to read that DancingClown.

I am still irritated by the bus driver yesterday. I was past the traffic lights at a junction but then traffic stopped so I stopped before the yellow box junction. I could not see when the lights changed as I was past them and when traffic started to clear ahead I check to the left and rolled forward about a foot (my front facing camera in my car shows I still was not into the box junction). Suddenly the bus waiting to the left starts up blaring its horn and the bus driver is quite obviously swearing at me and making some pretty obscene gestures. I can understand a quick beep of the horn to warn the lights had changed and would have appreciated that as it was obvious I could not see the lights but the swearing and gestures were well beyond the pail especially as I was still about two feet outside the box junction and he had a clear path in front of me. Some people are just massive dicks and if he has that sort of driving aggression issues he should not be allowed to drive a bus,

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 10403
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/2/2014 8:16:40 AM   
jonson

Sorry to hear that DancingClown. I know it's a fairly obvious comment, but spend as much time with her as you can, or at least encourage the wife to do so.

Anyway, had a cortisone injection on Tuesday for tennis elbow, and I've barely slept for 2 nights, so fucking painful.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 10404
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/2/2014 9:20:04 AM   
matty_b

Yeah, sorry to hear that, DC.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 10405
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/3/2014 7:20:48 PM   
Valanya

quote:

I am still irritated by the bus driver yesterday. I was past the traffic lights at a junction but then traffic stopped so I stopped before the yellow box junction. I could not see when the lights changed as I was past them and when traffic started to clear ahead I check to the left and rolled forward about a foot (my front facing camera in my car shows I still was not into the box junction). Suddenly the bus waiting to the left starts up blaring its horn and the bus driver is quite obviously swearing at me and making some pretty obscene gestures. I can understand a quick beep of the horn to warn the lights had changed and would have appreciated that as it was obvious I could not see the lights but the swearing and gestures were well beyond the pail especially as I was still about two feet outside the box junction and he had a clear path in front of me. Some people are just massive dicks and if he has that sort of driving aggression issues he should not be allowed to drive a bus,

I would write to the bus company with the time and route to complain. But then, I am a vengeful person.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10406
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/3/2014 7:43:34 PM   
sanchia

I have done that and they asked what the number of the bus was (which I could not see from the angle I was at) although I did provide them with a description of the driver. It appears i am also a vengeful individual.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 10407
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/3/2014 8:57:02 PM   
Hood_Man

I've just found out that the interview for the permanent position, in the office I'm currently temping in (and so far thought I was being all round awesome in), is a group interview...

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10408
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/3/2014 1:40:36 PM   
DJ Satan

So fucking furious at work at the moment. I've been trying for the last week to install a video card on a user's PC who is an incredible pain in the arse. Due to various cock-ups with the wrong card being shipped it has taken over three attempts to fix. I finally grabbed her PC and fitted the card at lunch and installed all the drivers.

She then called me up and told me one of the other techs had swapped her PC to another desk this morning and they hadn't mentioned anything!

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10409
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/3/2014 5:52:57 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya

quote:

I would write to the bus company with the time and route to complain. But then, I am a vengeful person.

They have now asked for exactly the same information four times. I get the impression they do that and hope the person will go away.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 10410
Page:   <<   < prev  345 346 [347] 348 349   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  345 346 [347] 348 349   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI