Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  343 344 [345] 346 347   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/12/2013 1:22:16 AM   
MonsterCat

Have an emotional affair with him. See how that pans out for you.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 10321
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/12/2013 8:52:37 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Say what now?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 10322
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/1/2014 12:21:52 AM   
nomimalone

... people are being unnecessarily git-like.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10323
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/1/2014 6:13:45 PM   
musht

I was at a house party last night (who wasn't) and as you do I was mingling with different people, making small talk. Two of my mates were sitting in a corner talking to a group, fair enough, at one stage I noticed that one had moved, so I decided to have myself a sit down and talk to the people in that vicinity who I hadn't had a chance to talk to yet.

That was going grand for about ten minutes or so when suddenly from the far end of the room the guy who had vacated the seat called over to me "We have a question for you." I went over hoping it might the start of a proper topical discussion I could enjoy, only to be asked something completely trivial about sport by one of the people in the group. "Is that it?" I asked and the person who asked gave a smile and nodded over my shoulder. I turned to see that the friend who had called me and moved across the room and had "reclaimed" his throne in the corner.

It's an extremely trivial thing and under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind losing comfortable chair or position but in this case I was fuming. It was just so petty, this friend had deliberately conspired to drag me away from a conversation I was enjoying purely so he could take my place and get out of a conversation he wasn't (I know for a fact he doesn't get on with the person he left me talking to). Obviously I didn't say anything because then I'd look petty, but it really pissed me off and it still annoying me today.

I know I'm over reacting and being slightly petty myself; it was partly my own fault as I should have told them to eff off with their question but the underhandedness used to gain something so trivial .... anyway that's the story, and that's going to be the end of it because I'm never going to bring it up with the people involved.

< Message edited by musht -- 1/1/2014 6:41:49 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 10324
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/1/2014 7:28:45 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

I don't think under the cirumstances it would be possilbe. The following day he acted like a complete dick, made a remark about the argument. He got caught not doing his job properly by his superiors and ran off to hide. However before the hiding part he got me to do his job while he does trival tasks. Later he made a remark to another co worker that I don't help him.
The next time my manager want to tell me off in private, I will ask him to allow my department to witness the event. They need cheering up and what better way than to laugh at my manager alligations. However now I'm thinking about reporting the incident because no way would he be allowed to say this especially in front of his superiors. The site manager would also need to be informed of a possible phyical fight breaking out.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 10325
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/1/2014 8:37:59 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

I don't think under the cirumstances it would be possilbe. The following day he acted like a complete dick, made a remark about the argument. He got caught not doing his job properly by his superiors and ran off to hide. However before the hiding part he got me to do his job while he does trival tasks. Later he made a remark to another co worker that I don't help him.
The next time my manager want to tell me off in private, I will ask him to allow my department to witness the event. They need cheering up and what better way than to laugh at my manager alligations. However now I'm thinking about reporting the incident because no way would he be allowed to say this especially in front of his superiors. The site manager would also need to be informed of a possible phyical fight breaking out.

1. I was joking.
2. Emotional affair isn't a real term.
3. Emotional affair isn't a real term.
4. Formulate a water-tight report against this fucker, present it to his superiors and demand that something be done about this. Seriously, coming on here to bitch about him isn't helping.
5. Emotional affair isn't a real term.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 10326
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/1/2014 9:35:24 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

I was at a house party last night (who wasn't) and as you do I was mingling with different people, making small talk. Two of my mates were sitting in a corner talking to a group, fair enough, at one stage I noticed that one had moved, so I decided to have myself a sit down and talk to the people in that vicinity who I hadn't had a chance to talk to yet.

That was going grand for about ten minutes or so when suddenly from the far end of the room the guy who had vacated the seat called over to me "We have a question for you." I went over hoping it might the start of a proper topical discussion I could enjoy, only to be asked something completely trivial about sport by one of the people in the group. "Is that it?" I asked and the person who asked gave a smile and nodded over my shoulder. I turned to see that the friend who had called me and moved across the room and had "reclaimed" his throne in the corner.

It's an extremely trivial thing and under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind losing comfortable chair or position but in this case I was fuming. It was just so petty, this friend had deliberately conspired to drag me away from a conversation I was enjoying purely so he could take my place and get out of a conversation he wasn't (I know for a fact he doesn't get on with the person he left me talking to). Obviously I didn't say anything because then I'd look petty, but it really pissed me off and it still annoying me today.

I know I'm over reacting and being slightly petty myself; it was partly my own fault as I should have told them to eff off with their question but the underhandedness used to gain something so trivial .... anyway that's the story, and that's going to be the end of it because I'm never going to bring it up with the people involved.

Was this a children's party? I cannot believe that an adult would be this immature (all being in a calculative manner) or in such desperate need of being in the same seat.

And who sits down at a party anyway?

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 10327
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/1/2014 6:59:40 AM   
sanchia

The squares sit down.

I am absolutely knackered. I had a 20 hour day on New Years Ever and only managed to sleep 5 hours that night followed by about three hours sleep last night because I felt a little ill. Now I am like a zombie and today at work is one of the busy days.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 10328
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/1/2014 5:41:41 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

1. I was joking.
2. Emotional affair isn't a real term.
3. Emotional affair isn't a real term.
4. Formulate a water-tight report against this fucker, present it to his superiors and demand that something be done about this. Seriously, coming on here to bitch about him isn't helping.
5. Emotional affair isn't a real term.

I knew you were joking. Anyway the wheels are already in motion. I already arrange a meeting with my union rep and going to discuss the recent situation. I'm going to talk to my manager's superior the following week and ask her what the hell is going on. Two other people are preparing to launch the grevious procedure against him aswell.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 10329
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/1/2014 7:47:21 PM   
sanchia

The important thing is not to allow the divide and conquer thing to happen. I remember something similar happening whereby they took the people off individually and they all backtracked their claims when they didn't have others supporting them.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 10330
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/1/2014 8:06:25 PM   
Hood_Man

I've had an email from a recruiter asking me for my employment experience and relevant skills.

Their email contains the cover letter and CV that I originally sent them, which has my employment experience and relevant skills.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10331
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/1/2014 9:03:39 PM   
Ghidorah

My incident with my manager seems to be getting worse and worse. Someone gone behind my back and reported the incident without my approval. I know it's important not to be isolated when be bullied but damn he has upset so many people. One of them with a grudge had spilled the beans and now I'm getting dirty looks from his superiors.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10332
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/1/2014 9:07:19 PM   
Mister Coe

OK, new thing to be pissed off about... just went over to my local ASDA to cash in my coin jar... actually my coin 'tub of Pringles', at the end of every day I throw in everything 50p or lesser, adds up to quite a nice total once you've filled it up, certainly enough to treat yourself!

So I was at the Coinstar machine, throwing in my coins... a few of the scummy looking kids who were hanging around outside came in, started hanging around the photo machine next to the Coinstar... I didn't think anything of it, I try and think the best of young people, despite how rat-like they appear... and just when I was up to about 50 on the Coinstar, the machine goes dead and I see the rattiest looking of them emerge from behind the back of the Photo booth whilst his slaggy little girlfriend giggled...

I asked him if he had done something and he went 'nah, not me mate...' whilst the other little CUNTS didn't even try and supress their sniggers...

What could I do? The little cunt and his bastards and bitches deserved a fucking smack, each and every one of them, but I guess that would make me a 'child abuser'. I'm down about 50 quid... not megabucks but I'm only just back into work after six months of unemployment, I won't get paid for a bit, I need every penny for, you know, food and shit.

I made a complaint at the ASDA service desk, they took my details whilst mentioning that it was really COINSTARs problem... I'm not expecting any satisfaction from this.

What could they had gotten out of it? They couldn't get hold of the money...

Sorry for the excessive profanity, but I'm so fucking angry right now... I've lost money that I really needed!

Feeling very

< Message edited by Mister Coe -- 9/1/2014 11:14:10 PM >

Say what now?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 10333
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/1/2014 9:23:05 PM   
moontheloon

So when I first found out I was being made redundant way back in March (or April maybe?) I decided to make the most of it and use my time unemployed to get into what I really want to get into. I applied for a few internships, and heard nothing back from anyone. Since then I have found a job, after using what little money I had saved while I was unemployed to supplement my benefits.

Now, 9/10 months down the line, I get an email from BBC films asking if I would be available for an informal interview/brief chat tomorrow morning regarding an unpaid internship position. I would love this position, I can't think of anything I want more right now than this position...

So the problem is that it starts in 11 days... If, by some miracle, they would let me have the time off work, that still isn't really enough time to get myself sorted, find someone to stay with in London and make sure I know what I'm doing.

On top of that, I know I wouldn't be able to get the time off work because I am supposed to be taking over our Marketing area when the Deputy Manager goes on paternity leave in a couple of weeks. As they are supposed to be training me to be a manager, this is pretty much an essential part of my training, running my own department, so if I turn it down I am essentially pissing away my chances of becoming a manager.

I am torn though, I am barely above minimum wage as it is, If I move up to a manager I go to a wage that isn't much better than that (but that would allow me to move out of my mums house), and I'm not sure if I see myself as a top manager ever... And the internship with BBC film would be a great experience.

I don't really have any money to support myself if I got the internship ( I would have had money if they had contacted me 6 months ago...) I would be crashing on peoples floors for 4 weeks, and I would essentially be screwing up my chances of progression, and therefore of getting on with my life if I started asking for this period of time off.

I am so pissed off because if they had contacted me now about a position in march time, then that would be no problem, I would have plenty of time to discuss with my boss the possibility of taking time off for it, I could save a bit of money, borrow some if need be to support myself and Everything would work out. Instead, 11 days, which seems like a mental amount of time to spring on someone 10 months after they apply for a position.

I have a feeling I'll regret my decision whatever I do, do I take a punt on an internship that then leads to nothing, sticking me on minimum wage for the next year or two, or do I stick with what I know, work my way to a position I'm not even sure If I want, but that would put me in a much better position to get a job that I did want. One is safer, but the other would be perfect if it was in 2 months time or so... The short notice has really pissed me off.

Oh and the woman who emailed me included a 'lol' in her email, which pissed me off too.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10334
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/1/2014 11:57:28 PM   
MonsterCat

...there are these irresponsible motherfuckers from the end of my street who own this large, lovely Valderrama dog. Occasionally it will manage to escape from the owner's house, wander around the street, shit on people's driveways and scare the living shit out of any dog walkers unfortunate enough to come across it. He got out again and was making a nuisance of himself about five minutes ago. This has happened numerous times before. I would report these cretins but the guy who owns it is a legitimately scary dude who's built like five brick shit houses.

One of these days this poor animal will get flattened by a car. These fucking sacks of pondscum don't deserve that beautiful dog.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 10/1/2014 12:05:10 AM >

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 10335
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/1/2014 11:07:56 AM   
elab49

The sanctimony of some who post just to advertise their own sites then claim it's not advertising because the site is free and obvs because it's them it's a totally valuable resource, ignoring the fact that given they have a ton of advertising links every click on their site does actually financially benefit them. But, of course, they're giving the benefit of their great knowledge to the world so it does need to be funded...

Or, on a similar vein, although it's not so much pissed off as hilarious, someone who's making a name for their site through admittedly very good networking skills but seems to be angling to be commissioned to write something for a known film mag when his writing is mannered and generally poor and you'd hope any half-decent editor would realise that. He just wants it soooooo much.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 12/1/2014 11:10:24 AM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome
Post #: 10336
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/1/2014 1:04:36 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

I have a feeling I'll regret my decision whatever I do, do I take a punt on an internship that then leads to nothing, sticking me on minimum wage for the next year or two, or do I stick with what I know, work my way to a position I'm not even sure If I want, but that would put me in a much better position to get a job that I did want. One is safer, but the other would be perfect if it was in 2 months time or so... The short notice has really pissed me off.

I feel your pain moon. I once had to turn down a similar role with another media-based facilitator for pretty much the same reason (although it was exacerbated by a fairly turbulent break-up around the same time as well). To this day, I still venture into the "what might have been" mindset.

As a Christmas present, I booked my sister (and myself) a return flight to Barcelona in April for a short break in order to prepare her a little for a spot of travelling to South East Asia which we're doing in the summer (she hasn't consciously been on a plane before, so going from Edinburgh to Krakow to Warsaw to Helsinki to Hanoi would likely be a bit daunting for her),

Anyway, I haven't been able to get the time off work for the time we're supposed to be heading off, so I have to reschedule the flight from Wednesday to the Friday evening instead (I would have pushed things back by a week had it not been for the fact I've already spent over a hundred quid on a pair of tickets for the Barcelona Betis match that weekend).

Sadly, this has resulted in going for an outbound flight that's gone from 40 quid to 96 quid per person - and as Ryanair charges 40 per changed flight, it almost makes no difference rescheduling the original one. I'm as well booking a brand-new one way flight.

So I don't know who to be more annoyed at; my work for not allowing me to leave by a couple of days, me for not checking with them back around Christmas time, or Ryanair for being robbing bastards.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10337
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/1/2014 9:04:07 PM   
Mister Coe

... so, after months of deeply-worrying unemployment, I started a new job on Jan 2nd... so, SO relieved...

All going well, learned a lot of mind-boggling shit but handled it well, got on great with my co-workers, all is sweet...

And I'm told today that my new company has unexpectedly lost their biggest client, one that brings in a huge percentage of their business, and with that in mind, I may be slung back on the dole by the end of the week..?

Last in, first out, I suppose, and fair enough (it looks like people who have been there longer than me will also lose their jobs) but, still... made redundant again after TWO FUCKING WEEKS and having to deal, yet again, with those fuckers at the Dole Office after truly hoping you'd never have to see them again?

I think I win the 'Most-Pissed-Off' award for today... I could put my fist through a fucking wall right now.

Say what now?

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 10338
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2014 12:02:58 PM   
elab49

You do. I can't begin to imagine how shitty this must feel.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10339
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2014 5:27:37 PM   
sanchia

I am genuinely sorry to read about that Mister Coe. It is awful news.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10340
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2014 7:25:33 PM   
horribleives

...of a Game Of Thrones spoiler 'hiding' in plain view in a pesky mod's avatar.

Though now I've read Mister Coe's post I realise this is a relatively minor thing to be pissed off about.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10341
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2014 7:45:04 PM   
Mister Coe

Cheers guys, appreciate your kind words. Trying to look on the bright side. Not doing well with it. Fuck it, I can have a couple of cans and post my usual, ill-informed bullshit on the Empire Forum! That'll take the stress off!

Say what now?

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 10342
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/1/2014 8:13:11 AM   
Hood_Man

Oh fuck off nerdcityonline

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10343
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/1/2014 5:17:54 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Oh fuck off nerdcityonline

Not blocking access on Chrome is it?

I went for a walk by the river with my girlfriend at lunchtime. A small dog with a ball in its mouth was jumping around a labrador trying to get it to play when the owner of the small dog comes over and tries to kick it then grabs it and smacks it hard across the face. A woman walking by with a pushchair says "maybe you should keep it on a lead if then" (it is a dogs on lead area anyway as the many signs state) and the bloke explodes. He gets about three inches from the womans face and is shouting and swearing about her minding her own business. My girlfriend pulled me away (I am probably too cowardly to have intervened anyway and there were about a dozen other people around).

It amazes me that there are lowlifes like this around. Also he was smacking his dog in the face for acting nowhere near as badly as he was acting.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10344
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/1/2014 8:03:42 PM   
Mister Coe

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs. Or kids. Or oxygen.

Say what now?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10345
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/1/2014 8:17:52 PM   
sanchia

I am not a violent person by any means but he was begging to be smacked in the face just to defend to the poor woman whom he was verbally assaulting. If a police officer had been nearby he would have been charged on affray. Sadly there was not any nearby.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10346
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/1/2014 8:44:08 PM   
elab49

Sadly cyclists again.

Going to work there's a small kind of private road and I was moving around a bin lorry. You know how if 2 cars on a small st will move to allow both to pass if they can? Well this bike arrived coming the other way on the side that I was now on. But there was still plenty of space to my side for the bike to safely pass. Instead he cycles up bang in the middle of the lane and stops dead centre in front of my car and starts shouting at me saying this was his lane and mine was the one blocked by the lorry. And stood as if I was somehow going to reverse. I smiled, pointed to my right, and then just sat. And then he proved my point by going to the side, going past with more than enough space, still being loudly abusive. I know some of these dicks want to make a point but seriously? It's not like he should be cycling in the middle of the road anyway.

Then tonight on our way out we were coming up to a junction when, out of nowhere, this bike zooms across in front of us, - not turning in from the main road but actually cutting completely across the top of our lane damn near into our front bumper. And if we'd not hit the brakes, somehow that would have been our fault? Dick the second.

quote:

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10347
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/1/2014 8:55:48 PM   
sanchia

The rules as I understand it are that a bike should be not more than a metre out in the road at a point where they can avoid the drains etc but are not obstructive to other road users (at least that was what I was taught).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10348
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/1/2014 8:22:35 AM   
MonsterCat

...I lack the fortitude to talk to girls and ask them for contact details.

MC, you're almost 37 years old. Grow a fucking spine and take control of your social and love life, you little bitch!

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10349
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/1/2014 11:10:26 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

The rules as I understand it are that a bike should be not more than a metre out in the road at a point where they can avoid the drains etc but are not obstructive to other road users (at least that was what I was taught).

I doubt he cared (or possibly knew). He just wanted to make a point, given he made absoutely clear that there was a safe space inside me for him to pass by doing exactly that. I may have gotten the abuse for his frustration at other drivers on his route in, but it's a pity he did it by completely ignoring rules and courtesy himself.

quote:

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10350
Page:   <<   < prev  343 344 [345] 346 347   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  343 344 [345] 346 347   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI