Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  341 342 [343] 344 345   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/12/2013 2:34:35 PM   
DJ Satan

Just been told by the police that is unlikely they will find the guy who assaulted me last week as the license plate they were given returns no matches.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10261
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/12/2013 3:57:59 PM   
Chief

Seems a bit over the top to acquire false plates just to go out and assault a cyclist. Different strokes for different folks though.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 10262
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/12/2013 4:09:47 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Seems a bit over the top to acquire false plates just to go out and assault a cyclist. Different strokes for different folks though.

He probably had them for another reason - like being an arsehole.

Or he could have just painted his car.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10263
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/12/2013 5:55:31 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Get a thermal mug.

Is that like a flask, but smaller and with a handle? I had one of those not too long ago, but it made everything taste of plastic

Sounds like a sound suggestion though, have you ever used one yourself that you're happy with? It's Christmas, help a brother out!

I have one of these and after a few washes the plastic flavour fades completely and coffee put in it stays scalding for over an hour (as I found to my chagrin).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10264
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/12/2013 6:17:21 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

I was expecting a delivery from Ikea today. Got a text yesterday advising item was dispatched for delivery today. Haven't got it yet because according to the tracking info Parcelforce sent it to the wrong depot and as of 4 this afternoon it was in Hereford (about 270 miles away!). Don't reckon I'll get that today

Okay so according to the tracking page my stuff was loaded onto a truck at the the West Edinburgh depot at 9.20 this morning - a 25 min drive away from my house - but 9 fucking hours later it's still not fucking here. What the fucking fuck??!!

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 10265
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/12/2013 7:38:53 PM   
Ghidorah

The good news is the female co worker had decided to stop harrassing me and decides to give me some space. It's a fucking shame I moved on fucking months ago.........

The bad news is I still have this fucking useless piece of shit manager and listening to his excuses is like voluntering to placed in a death machine by Jigsaw himself. There is so much wrong with him and so little to positive about. He just a waste of space who wants to be promoted but at the sametime doesn't want to contribute anything to it. It get worst because there's something wrong with him and he doesn't get things most people understand. Worst still he can tell porkies or be difficult for no reason at all and get agressive when people stand up to him. It so bad I want to grab him, pin him against the wall and give him a mouthful he deserve. One time I almost flawed him after his bullying attempt. What make things even worst still, most key workers are aware how bad my manager is, yet the management does nothing about his behaviour or performance.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 10266
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/12/2013 7:42:40 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

Get a thermal mug.

Is that like a flask, but smaller and with a handle? I had one of those not too long ago, but it made everything taste of plastic

Sounds like a sound suggestion though, have you ever used one yourself that you're happy with? It's Christmas, help a brother out!

I have one of these and after a few washes the plastic flavour fades completely and coffee put in it stays scalding for over an hour (as I found to my chagrin).

Which is pretty useful - we got them when my mum was in hospital because whatever they called tea/coffee there was disgusting. And the nice cafes close to the hospital would happily fill the mugs for you to take in.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10267
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2013 6:19:09 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Christmas TV. I don't think I ever remember it being so bad.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10268
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2013 6:20:54 PM   
rawlinson

A new ep of Dr. Who. A new M.R. James adaptation and a new documentary about James. That's enough to keep me happy.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 10269
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2013 6:22:02 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

That's only two hours of TV and half of that I hate on principle

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 10270
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2013 6:35:49 PM   
shool

Meh! I'm going to Centerparcs so wont be watching much TV anyway.

Be back for New year and the new Sherlock Ep though.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 10271
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2013 6:39:54 PM   
rawlinson

I wonder if people will be pissed off when it's revealed to be a Dr. Who crossover episode and the Tardis just catches Sherlock in mid-air.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 10272
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2013 6:49:17 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

Get a thermal mug.

Which is pretty useful - we got them when my mum was in hospital because whatever they called tea/coffee there was disgusting. And the nice cafes close to the hospital would happily fill the mugs for you to take in.

Nice.

Well, that's two thumbs up so I've ordered one

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10273
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2013 7:05:58 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I wonder if people will be pissed off when it's revealed to be a Dr. Who crossover episode and the Tardis just catches Sherlock in mid-air.

The pic's all over Twitter. Hopefully people will get over it soon.

Only noteworthy rarely seen film I saw in the listings was The Hidden Fortress and even then it's on after midnight.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 10274
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2013 7:39:07 PM   
horribleives

quote:

A new ep of Dr. Who. A new M.R. James adaptation and a new documentary about James. That's enough to keep me happy.

I'm not sure that's a subject that could fill a documentary, unless it's just crammed with endless footage of them playing Sit Down on Top Of The Pops.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 10275
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/12/2013 11:13:14 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

He probably had them for another reason - like being an arsehole.

Or he could have just painted his car.

False plates are often used over here to get free fuel - just apply fake plates, fill up car at pump then drive off as quick as you can, giving the cops and the garage little or nothing to work with to secure a prosecution. Sorry to hear your endeavours to get some justice look like coming to naught, DJS

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 10276
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/12/2013 6:24:05 PM   
sanchia

I was driving along today in the correct lane to take the left fork of a certain road. I am halfway around the bend when I glance right and see a big four wheel drive thing indicating left and cutting across the chevron, he just keeps going and if I had not stopped pretty sharpish would have taken out the whole right side of my car. My horn definitley works. There are more and more idiots out there than ever before.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 10277
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/12/2013 8:40:42 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

I'm not sure that's a subject that could fill a documentary, unless it's just crammed with endless footage of them playing Sit Down on Top Of The Pops.

Oh, sir, you and me are gonna fall out...

A bloody great band, so under-rated...

Say what now?

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 10278
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/12/2013 9:11:11 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

quote:

quote:

Ah fear not - I was just pretending to dislike them for a lark. I was never properly into them but they had some great tunes. Though I saw them at Reading once in the '90s and they played the aforementioned Sit Down twice which was unforgiveable.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10279
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/12/2013 9:16:15 PM   
sanchia

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

quote:

quote:

Ah fear not - I was just pretending to dislike them for a lark. I was never properly into them but they had some great tunes. Though I saw them at Reading once in the '90s and they played the aforementioned Sit Down twice which was unforgiveable.

Not to mention Ed Byrne made a career out of telling the same joke about that song for nearly a decade...

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 10280
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/12/2013 8:01:31 PM   
sanchia

I was just driving my Aunt home (it is her birthday) and was indicating left as I was about to turn off at a junction. I slow and glance in my mirror only to see a cyclist with no front light riding up the nearside of me even though I was clearly indicating left and was about to turn. It was a good job I looked or I would have turned straight into them.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10281
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/12/2013 8:32:11 PM   
elab49

quote:

I was just driving my Aunt home (it is her birthday) and was indicating left as I was about to turn off at a junction. I slow and glance in my mirror only to see a cyclist with no front light riding up the nearside of me even though I was clearly indicating left and was about to turn. It was a good job I looked or I would have turned straight into them.

But of course it would have been your fault.

quote:

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10282
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/12/2013 7:57:37 PM   
Ghidorah

I'm considering handing in my notice or try to get time off work for stress related illness. I can't tolerate being treated like a piece of shit and having to turn a blind eye to my manager appalling behaviour. I'm the one who got the most work every day and my manager choose the most easiest. Worst still he needs help to do it and give me lectures where I'm at. I just fucking hate him and it's not healthy holding myself back from this abuse. Months ago he thought it was acceptable to bully me but I made an official complaint about his behaviour and that came to an end. However how can I progress when I have a manager only looking out for himself and damaging other developement?

I also like to add he increased my workload and asked me if I wanted to do overtime to get through it all? Fucking cunt..........

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 14/12/2013 7:58:42 PM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10283
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2013 9:25:41 AM   
Sway

Had my work's Christmas night out last night which I'd been looking forward to for ages since I missed last year's one due to being in hospital.

The start of the night went well, but then work politics took over somehow and I was made to feel like shit. And I haven't even done anything to deserve it.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10284
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2013 9:48:11 AM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

I'm considering handing in my notice or try to get time off work for stress related illness. I can't tolerate being treated like a piece of shit and having to turn a blind eye to my manager appalling behaviour. I'm the one who got the most work every day and my manager choose the most easiest. Worst still he needs help to do it and give me lectures where I'm at. I just fucking hate him and it's not healthy holding myself back from this abuse. Months ago he thought it was acceptable to bully me but I made an official complaint about his behaviour and that came to an end. However how can I progress when I have a manager only looking out for himself and damaging other developement?

I also like to add he increased my workload and asked me if I wanted to do overtime to get through it all? Fucking cunt..........

I'd get yourself to the GPs sharpish mate, as you're right - this kinda stuff can't be good for your health - especially as it seems to be getting to you as well.

One thing I would say is at my last job there was a woman who had similar feelings towards her boss (his name was Michael - if you dared call him Mike he would just stare at you until you walked away, He also talked down to everyone even when it was him asking for help with his work, and his best bit of work - as he;s Mormon he doesn't celebrate Christmas...... he also banned any of his team from celebrating it either, so around this time of year every bank of desks in the office would be festively decorated and the teams will be talking of Christmas nights out/Secret Santa/etc except his team who sit there miserable because they're being forced to ignore it all), she ended up going to her Doctors and they instantly signed her off with Stress due to her bosses treatment of her, and when she came back she requested to do her return to work with a different manager and explained everything - within a week, she'd been moved to a different team and seemed like a completely different person because of it.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 10285
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2013 10:32:05 AM   
elab49

I'm shocked the bosses allowed that kind of religious zealotry to be imposed on their staff because it must have been pretty obvious to everyone else as well.

quote:

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 10286
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2013 12:18:41 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

I'd get yourself to the GPs sharpish mate, as you're right - this kinda stuff can't be good for your health - especially as it seems to be getting to you as well.

One thing I would say is at my last job there was a woman who had similar feelings towards her boss (his name was Michael - if you dared call him Mike he would just stare at you until you walked away, He also talked down to everyone even when it was him asking for help with his work, and his best bit of work - as he;s Mormon he doesn't celebrate Christmas...... he also banned any of his team from celebrating it either, so around this time of year every bank of desks in the office would be festively decorated and the teams will be talking of Christmas nights out/Secret Santa/etc except his team who sit there miserable because they're being forced to ignore it all), she ended up going to her Doctors and they instantly signed her off with Stress due to her bosses treatment of her, and when she came back she requested to do her return to work with a different manager and explained everything - within a week, she'd been moved to a different team and seemed like a completely different person because of it.

What happened to the cunt of a boss though?

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 10287
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2013 2:16:04 PM   
sanchia

If my experience of bosses who cause stress and maltreat their workers is anything to go on they will probably have been promoted and been given a pay rise.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 10288
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2013 3:21:16 PM   
Hood_Man

Well last night was a shower of shit. Got to the pub 20 minutes too early on account that I caught the only bus in the history of Cardiff that not only arrived on time, but also barely had to stop at any bus stops.

Then my mates arrived 20 minutes late, so I sat there at a table like a Knobby No Mates for 40 minutes. This after having just been a victim to "The Leader" of a group of drunk businessmen who, after one of them put his arm around me at the bar and wouldn't let go, proceeded to order his minion to release me, put out his hand in a show of solidarity, but then pulled it back just as I was about to shake it. To much laughter and great rejoicing from all!

Of them...

Then an old work colleague of mine bumped into me and told me that their works night out was happening downstairs in that very pub, and offered to let me join them. I of course said thankyou, and suggested I might bump into them at some point during the evening.

...Of course I didn't, I just spent the rest of the night avoiding going downstairs as I didn't want to be surrounded by people who are all still working, and with each other, and have moved on since I last saw them 6 months go. It's too embarrassing, and frankly too painful as well. I didn't want the sympathetic looks, or have to answer all those "So what are you up to now?" questions ("nothing..."). Plus, I've put on weight since I last saw them all too, which is just the icing on the cake!

Then my mates arrived, and the night improved, but I was on edge for the rest of the evening as I tried to avoid eye contact with besuited gentlemen and anyone youngish looking who looked vaguely familiar to me.

I also have a hangover now. Luckily I'm a cheap, lightweight drunk so that didn't cost me much money, so I got that going for me I guess.

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 15/12/2013 3:24:51 PM >

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10289
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2013 7:48:16 PM   
sanchia

I have malware warnings spreading across the site which is stopping me accessing half of it? It started in the What I am Think thread then went to the report bugs thread and now is in the Peter O'Toole is dead thread? Apparently it relates to contents linked from nerdcityonline.com.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 15/12/2013 8:36:31 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10290
Page:   <<   < prev  341 342 [343] 344 345   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  341 342 [343] 344 345   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI