Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  337 338 [339] 340 341   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/10/2013 4:35:16 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Found out at work today that I actually still have 55 hours of holiday left to take before the end of the year - which is great since I was under the impression I had nothing left at all. (I was previously told that)

However we're not allowed to take holidays in November/December because that's the busiest time of the year for us. And with my health still not 100%, I could really use a break before the busy period arrives.

So I've been told I'll be paid it instead.

I don't care about the pay. I care about my health and all that's going to happen now is that I'll end up being off sick leaving them short staffed when they need me the most, because I'll be so tired.

If you didn't think you had any holidays left anyway what were you planning to do?

Look on the brightside, you had no holidays and normal wage, now you have no holidays and more money. I know the money doesn't bother you but if you didn't think you had holidays anyway it's win/win no?

I asked about my holiday status on the slim chance I might have had at least one day so I could have had a long weekend at the very least before the busy period kicks in because my health still isn't 100% since my operations (December & February) - I still get tired and sore if I'm doing too much. I work in retail so it means I'm on my feet all day.

September was a busy month for me, both at work and socially - it had a massive impact on me in the past two weeks where I was coming home from work and faceplanting straight into bed at 6pm. I've had to return to the docs to get more bloods taken because I just don't think I should still be as unbelieveably exhausted as I am, 9 months after my second op. And I'm currently waiting on results from a CT scan.

So essentially, finding out I did have a shit load of time I could have had off work before the Christmas rush starts was a win, but finding out I might not be able to take it now is frustrating. It's less for me or my own enjoyment, more for my body and health.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10141
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/10/2013 4:46:09 PM   
Chief

Hmm, my sage advice would be to take a sicky and spend the extra money on some nice relaxing drugs.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10142
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/10/2013 7:45:33 AM   
Sway

Somebody tried to get into our flat last night.

We're in the lucky/unfortunate (depending on how you look at it) situation of being the only flat in the building once you get through our main entry door. It's a bit unusual as we're part of a larger block of flats which have several entry doors, each leading to around 4 flats per block.

Somehow we have our own entry door/hallway/staircase that nobody else can use except from us. And service people (postmen etc).

So last night I was disturbed from my sleep by the sound of a male voice singing to themselves outside my window which got louder as I realised somebody was getting closer - they then managed to get in our bottom entry door which is never used by us and should always be locked. But they apparently had no problem just pushing it open. So I was wide awake by this point, and I heard them thump up our stairs and then try our front door - as in the one directly attached to the flat. And they did it with some gusto. I shit a brick at this point. Because if somebody is being that ballsy with trying to get in somewhere then what the fuck are they going to be like if they actually get in? At this point I heard my flatmate (who owns the flat) get out of his room and I could hear the person who'd been trying the door head up the rest of the stairs and out the main entry door onto the street.

My flatmate checked the stairwell and looked out onto the street but couldn't see anybody. They'd obviously moved pretty fast. And turns out the painters who've been in our hallway all this week had left the doors on the latch, so this guy just managed to waltz right in.

But it made me wonder about how he knew he could get in so easily. I heard him approaching our bottom entry door and it seemed very deliberate, he wasn't waiting around, he just marched straight up and in. So I have my suspicions it could have been one of the painters trying their luck.

Either way, who knows. It left me unable to sleep for the next couple of hours.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10143
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/10/2013 12:33:22 PM   
Chief

The singing suggests a piss-head making a mistake and getting the wrong block or something.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10144
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/10/2013 7:30:51 PM   
horribleives

quote:

We're in the lucky/unfortunate (depending on how you look at it) situation of being the only flat in the building once you get through our main entry door. It's a bit unusual as we're part of a larger block of flats which have several entry doors, each leading to around 4 flats per block.

Somehow we have our own entry door/hallway/staircase that nobody else can use except from us. And service people (postmen etc).

So last night I was disturbed from my sleep by the sound of a male voice singing to themselves outside my window which got louder as I realised somebody was getting closer - they then managed to get in our bottom entry door which is never used by us and should always be locked. But they apparently had no problem just pushing it open. So I was wide awake by this point, and I heard them thump up our stairs and then try our front door - as in the one directly attached to the flat. And they did it with some gusto. I shit a brick at this point. Because if somebody is being that ballsy with trying to get in somewhere then what the fuck are they going to be like if they actually get in? At this point I heard my flatmate (who owns the flat) get out of his room and I could hear the person who'd been trying the door head up the rest of the stairs and out the main entry door onto the street.

My flatmate checked the stairwell and looked out onto the street but couldn't see anybody. They'd obviously moved pretty fast. And turns out the painters who've been in our hallway all this week had left the doors on the latch, so this guy just managed to waltz right in.

But it made me wonder about how he knew he could get in so easily. I heard him approaching our bottom entry door and it seemed very deliberate, he wasn't waiting around, he just marched straight up and in. So I have my suspicions it could have been one of the painters trying their luck.

Don't worry, my missus gets a bit paranoid when the painters are in too.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10145
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/10/2013 7:43:54 PM   
superdan

quote:

I don't care who you are, it can be really scary when something like that happens. We had people try to break in a couple of times when I was at uni, so we basically tooled ourselves up (including a custom-made 'Burglar Bat'), and a few weeks later when they tried to get in again we confronted them, waved our homemade weapons and made a lot of noise and they fucking shit themselves. There was another time when I was living with a girlfriend and she woke me up terrified saying someone was kicking the back door trying to get in and I reacted without thinking, grabbing the replica Hanzo sword we had in the living room and threatening them through the window with it, bellowing my head off. They didn't come back again. Fuck knows what I'd have done if they'd carried on and got in though. There was also the occasion my mate got burgled and he chased the guy who did it down the street but couldn't catch him. As luck would have it, the guy walked into the pub we all worked in one night while we were all in there having a drink, so we surrounded him and put the fear of god into him before making him buy us all a shitload of drinks (which he unsurprisingly did, as he was shaking like a leaf and crying). He literally ran out of the pub the second we let him go.

If there's one thing my life has taught me it's that the threat of insane violence is the best defence against robbing scum.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10146
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/10/2013 9:27:10 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I don't care who you are, it can be really scary when something like that happens.

If there's one thing my life has taught me it's that the threat of insane violence is the best defence against robbing scum.

Thank you. Doesn't matter what the intention was - whether it was just a drunken bum who was mistaken or whether it was a deliberate move, it still happened. I've never felt particularly safe in this flat because we have no immediate neighbours and I was just thankful my flatmate was in last night.

He's going away for a few weeks in the near future though, and while I absolutely love having the flat to myself, it's things like last night that makes me wish there were other people in our building. I now seriously want to have something in my room - even just a baseball bat - that will make me feel marginally better knowing I have something to brandish at any would be intruders.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 10147
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/10/2013 9:47:17 PM   
superdan

quote:

I now seriously want to have something in my room - even just a baseball bat - that will make me feel marginally better knowing I have something to brandish at any would be intruders.

In my experience (and that's all it is, this is anecdotally-based advice) it's almost like going Method when dealing with it - you have to commit utterly, give it top-of-the-lungs and crazy eyes and everything. Sudden, very loud noise is inherently alarming, and makes a lot of people brick it. Most opportunistic burglars are actually not the violent types, and will usually run away from confrontation. Easier said than done of course, and it's easy for me to say as a stocky 6 foot bloke, but worth bearing in mind (not that I'm advising actually taking anyone on in a fight I hasten to add, merely that startling them often prevents a stickier situation). Ideally though if it's a genuine concern while your flatmate is away I'd see if a mate or family member is willing to stay at your gaff. There's massive comfort in knowing there's someone else there even if there's nothing to worry about.

Of course, there's a very good chance it could be what Chief suggested. I'm embarrassed to admit there's been more than one occasion I've tried to get in a house that wasn't my own because I was too pissed to realise. When I think about it now, it's kind of lucky I haven't had my head kicked in as a result

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10148
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/10/2013 1:16:12 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I now seriously want to have something in my room - even just a baseball bat - that will make me feel marginally better knowing I have something to brandish at any would be intruders.

In my experience (and that's all it is, this is anecdotally-based advice) it's almost like going Method when dealing with it - you have to commit utterly, give it top-of-the-lungs and crazy eyes and everything. Sudden, very loud noise is inherently alarming, and makes a lot of people brick it. Most opportunistic burglars are actually not the violent types, and will usually run away from confrontation. Easier said than done of course, and it's easy for me to say as a stocky 6 foot bloke, but worth bearing in mind (not that I'm advising actually taking anyone on in a fight I hasten to add, merely that startling them often prevents a stickier situation). Ideally though if it's a genuine concern while your flatmate is away I'd see if a mate or family member is willing to stay at your gaff. There's massive comfort in knowing there's someone else there even if there's nothing to worry about.

Of course, there's a very good chance it could be what Chief suggested. I'm embarrassed to admit there's been more than one occasion I've tried to get in a house that wasn't my own because I was too pissed to realise. When I think about it now, it's kind of lucky I haven't had my head kicked in as a result

Worryingly a house I used to live in had the same lock on the door as several other houses down the street, I remember when one guy let himself into my house, got to the kitchen, opened up the fridge and then loudly announce (loudly enough to wake me up and I was asleep 2 floors above) "I don't remember buying white wine, but hey - when in Rome!".

That was the point that I grabbed my replica Kill Bill samurai sword went downstairs, unsheathed it and with just a hint of crazy eyes started shouting about how awesome white wine was - I think the guy needed new trousers after that

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 10149
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/10/2013 1:25:39 PM   
sanchia

A new housing estate near where I live apparently has used generic locks and every fifth house has the same key. A locksmith I know has been quite busy there in recent months.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 12/10/2013 1:26:32 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 10150
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/10/2013 10:21:37 PM   
Hood_Man

Relationships... not mine of course, I'm far too happy by myself to have that problem, but I really really hate being a shoulder to cry on when other people split up with each other. Especially when listening to the reason(s) leaves me thinking "You... idiot!"

Obviously I don't say that, I just sit there quietly and let them talk (mainly because I never know what to say...), but sometimes I just want to smack my head on a desk.

Repeatedly.

With a drummer next to me adding sound effects.

While I sarcastically wear a party hat.

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 13/10/2013 10:22:33 PM >

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10151
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/10/2013 10:23:27 PM   
Hood_Man

Also, the number of faulty DVD's from Lovefilm seems to be increasing at an alarming rate in the last few months.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10152
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/10/2013 11:09:42 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Relationships... not mine of course, I'm far too happy by myself to have that problem, but I really really hate being a shoulder to cry on when other people split up with each other. Especially when listening to the reason(s) leaves me thinking "You... idiot!"

Obviously I don't say that, I just sit there quietly and let them talk (mainly because I never know what to say...), but sometimes I just want to smack my head on a desk.

Repeatedly.

And do you also find that when those same folks are over their woes, they suddenly aren't as interested in you anymore?

Say what now?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10153
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2013 8:58:18 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

I don't feel like this was given the credit it deserves.

Bravo.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 10154
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2013 1:29:36 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

quote:

I don't feel like this was given the credit it deserves.

Bravo.

I forgot I'd even wrote that. Too many New Men on here

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10155
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2013 2:46:07 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe
And do you also find that when those same folks are over their woes, they suddenly aren't as interested in you anymore?

You know, it was the first time I'd seen him in the last 6 weeks And probably only the second time in 2-3 months...

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10156
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2013 7:31:46 PM   
David Dvd 1988

First time in my life i got stung by a wasp/bee and it looks a bit like this

...................only on my lower lip

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

http://www.angryalien.com

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10157
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2013 8:05:05 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Dvd 1988

When I was eleven I was stung by a wasp on my lower lip. I still remember it so can empathise.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to David Dvd 1988)
Post #: 10158
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/10/2013 2:07:19 AM   
Hood_Man

I've apparently bitten my nails and nibbled my lips without noticing. The pain is noticeable though!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10159
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/10/2013 6:53:28 AM   
sanchia

I've been up since 2 a.m. being ill. I have no idea where I could have caught this.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10160
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/10/2013 10:31:57 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Repeatedly.

Tell them to join the Loveshack forum. I'm sure they will fit in well.

Anyway........

I didn't bring a camera zoom lens with me on my trip abroad.

I picked up a stomach bug that doesn't seem to fuck off.

My manager fucked over my section again with his short cuts while I was away.

I'm still on the same department.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10161
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/10/2013 7:40:54 PM   
Ghidorah

I'm doing my god damn best not to throw a tantrum at my manager. However nothing else appears to be working, it like he's 'common sense' bullet proof. Nothing appears to be getting through to him and I'm left struggling to keep my pride intact. He's always on the offensive and it look like he's on a mission to knock me down. It's so bad he should be escorted by security guards and the police called in whenever he decides to be an asshole.
The situation gets even better because I'm instructed to leave the building and never to return if I have a go at my manager. So yeah it's fucking great having a clueless norrow minded manager who happily fuck people over, and i can't stand up for myself and counter his onslaughts.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 10162
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/10/2013 12:09:15 PM   
shool

Sounds like you need a new Job Ghidorah.

Get away from the manager and the emotional affair crap and start over mate.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 10163
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/10/2013 12:34:30 AM   
Ghidorah

I don't know if I should laugh my head off or punch a brickwall after having my hand clamped in a vice. Either way it just another prime example of my manager behaviour and the way he treats his staff members.

The other day my manager failed to get promoted. We don't know why this is but it's our belief is down to his appalling history and continuing walk outs. So we had a big shock when my manager round us together and asked us to be perfectly honest with him. He wanted us to say what come to our minds about him and his performance. No one bothered mentioning a word and gave vague excuses why we couldn't come up with any feedback. After he left, we all burst into laughter because no one dared to speak how they feel about him. We talked to each other what came in our minds and it wasn't very nice.

This may sound funny on face value but on closer inspection it just fucking pathetic. My manager treated us like shit while covering himself and hiding the fact he shouldn't be a manager. Make the matter worst he doesn;t do any staff training and just do simplistic tasks to appear he is doing something. No one got any promotions on our department since he took over and this is why today was a big insult. He wanted us to help him get a promotion despite what he done to us and our friends who left in frustration.

What a bloody cheek.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 10164
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/10/2013 3:07:49 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Dvd 1988

When I was eleven I was stung by a wasp on my lower lip. I still remember it so can empathise.

Same here. The only thing that sucks worse is getting stung by multiple bees on your hands.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10165
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/11/2013 6:21:55 AM   
horribleives

I found out last night Trillians has closed. This will only mean anything to two or three people on here but I'm sure they'll echo the following sentiment: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

< Message edited by horribleives -- 2/11/2013 6:22:59 AM >

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 10166
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/11/2013 7:53:24 AM   
sanchia

quote:

I found out last night Trillians has closed. This will only mean anything to two or three people on here but I'm sure they'll echo the following sentiment: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

To show how insomniac i was last night I initially thought St. Trinians has closed. Then I realised it was a rock bar...

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 10167
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/11/2013 12:43:32 AM   
Mister Coe

quote:

You talking about Trillians in Newcastle?

If so, shitting crikey, I had many great nights there a long time ago...  I thought it closed down donkeys years ago???

Say what now?

Post #: 10168
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/11/2013 1:02:33 AM   
horribleives

Apparently the company who own it have gone into administration, resulting in the closure of Trillians and 20-odd other bars in the North-East/across the country. I must admit, I haven't frequented it much in the last few years but I've got some wonderfully diabolical memories of the place from my youth.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10169
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/11/2013 11:56:10 AM   
sanchia

I have a week off but am experiencing a combination of vicious insomnia which has lasted for about 5 days now of only 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night combined with a bad back.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 10170
Page:   <<   < prev  337 338 [339] 340 341   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  337 338 [339] 340 341   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI