Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  333 334 [335] 336 337   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/9/2013 7:25:15 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I was waiting to back into a parking spot. Had seen the driver of the car was going to come out, so pulled forward and over to give them room, had the indicator on.

They pull out and someone sweeps round driving forward and straight into the spot.

So I beep him. Nothing, no movement, no apology when he must have known now that I was waiting on that spot. Only one thing left to do. Reverse back, wind down the window, beep him again, spend about 10 seconds giving him the finger and calling him a F******** C***. Still pissed me off no end though.

I'd have parked across them, got out and told them "I'm going to be a while looks like you will be too" (probably wouldn't but would love to if that happened to me! That would piss me right off as well!!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 10021
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/9/2013 7:33:18 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I was waiting to back into a parking spot. Had seen the driver of the car was going to come out, so pulled forward and over to give them room, had the indicator on.

They pull out and someone sweeps round driving forward and straight into the spot.

So I beep him. Nothing, no movement, no apology when he must have known now that I was waiting on that spot. Only one thing left to do. Reverse back, wind down the window, beep him again, spend about 10 seconds giving him the finger and calling him a F******** C***. Still pissed me off no end though.

I'd have parked across them, got out and told them "I'm going to be a while looks like you will be too" (probably wouldn't but would love to if that happened to me! That would piss me right off as well!!

I inadvertently did this once with a security van - it hadn't even indicated and as it was a security van I assumed, as well, it was a pick up, not a park and sit for a while. As soon as I realised I actually tried to move out but he'd blocked me. I even got out the car to tell him I was moving to let him in and all I got was foul abuse through the window.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 10022
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/9/2013 12:40:35 AM   
Hood_Man

A rather petty one this, but for the love of God will Youtube please stop tinkering with its fucking interface already?!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10023
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/9/2013 2:57:42 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Also petty but:

Of course the day after GTA V comes out, my one fucking HDMI cord dies on me. And I'm too broke to afford another one until next week FUCK.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10024
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 12:59:34 PM   
steffols

Why do I have so many friends on facebook who are absolute dickheads?

I've read this status over and over again to see if I'm missing the point a bit, but every time I read it, it just seems to get more and more insulting.

quote:

I used to feel very haughty towards people who have put on a lot of weight and act like they can't shed it. True there are people who will always blame society and don't want to change
But recently I've realised that its very easy to poison your own mind and not be able to get it back its the fight of the inner demons of the mind not the body that's where the real battle is. When you realise this people who are bigger are no different to people who are sad, depressed, anorexic, mentally ill and even people like me who feel trapped and not in control of their own life
We're all the same
And we all have the same demons to battle and THAT'S the hardest fight of all
Its time to do it together!

I am so angry right now, its taking all of my energy not to respond in a vicious manner. What sort of person thinks like this?!

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 10025
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 1:07:24 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I've read this status over and over again to see if I'm missing the point a bit, but every time I read it, it just seems to get more and more insulting.

quote:

I used to feel very haughty towards people who have put on a lot of weight and act like they can't shed it. True there are people who will always blame society and don't want to change
But recently I've realised that its very easy to poison your own mind and not be able to get it back its the fight of the inner demons of the mind not the body that's where the real battle is. When you realise this people who are bigger are no different to people who are sad, depressed, anorexic, mentally ill and even people like me who feel trapped and not in control of their own life
We're all the same

I am so angry right now, its taking all of my energy not to respond in a vicious manner. What sort of person thinks like this?!

I don't get what's to be angry about. Is it not someone saying they used to think unkindly about fat people but now they don't? Is that not a good thing?

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 10026
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 1:12:35 PM   
steffols

Its the part where they seem to make the point that people who should lose weight aren't doing so because their mind is 'poisoned' by inner demons. And that overweight people are basically mentally ill.

This is why I re-read it over and over, but I really don't think I'm missing the point here. It probably helps to know the person, they have in the past said that the weather was a reason young people commit suicide in Scotland.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10027
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 1:17:16 PM   
Chief

I suppose it depends how you read 'overweight'. I'd say that obesity is linked with depression, a mental illness, in a vicious circle kind of way. So I wouldn't way they are that far off. Maybe it's how I'm reading it without knowing the person.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 10028
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 2:13:44 PM   
jonson

It pisses me off because being overweight is down to eating too much and not exercising. There are no other reasons.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10029
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 2:18:38 PM   
elab49

But there are - there are genuine, and not rare, medical conditions that also cause weight gain (ever known anyone with a thyroid condition? they can go up and down really badly. Also, anyone with IBD - people with that can be living with several different sizes of clothes). (My mum has the thyroid one and it can swing both ways - it was a standing joke at the clinic she attended that when you were on the downswing and the medication was stopping weight loss that you could come off the pills for a while to slim down for a new dress for an event!)

The majority is overeating and lack of exercise, absolutely. But that isn't an absolute.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 19/9/2013 2:20:23 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 10030
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 2:41:28 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

quote:

We're all the same

I don't get what's to be angry about. Is it not someone saying they used to think unkindly about fat people but now they don't? Is that not a good thing?

What bothers me is that this person has suddenly realised she's been wrongly judging people who are overweight; what gives this person the right to judge them in the first place. Don't get me wrong, people judge people (I'm judging this person right now), that's fair enough, but this person is taking it to the extreme where he/she has come up with a a justification for being overweight therefore implying that prior to this realisation overweight people needed to justify themselves to him/her. To say that "people who are bigger" are all suffering from depression and that the two are related is just ignorant. Basicaly, the high all-mighty so-and-so is saying fat people deserve our pity.

It's also a pathetic excuse at attention seeking, clearly something in his/her own life has made them realise "that its very easy to poison your own mind" and is asking for sympathy while pretending to offer it to others.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10031
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 2:47:28 PM   
shool

What about the fat happy ones?

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 10032
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 3:05:02 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

What about the fat happy ones?

Cry into their chips when no-one is looking.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 10033
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 4:14:10 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

It pisses me off because being overweight is down to eating too much and not exercising. There are no other reasons.

Ever heard of depression? Same reason why some people get addicted to drugs and alcohol, they're in a vicious circle. But as a society we tend to sneer at morbidly fat people because the consequences of their 'problem', as it were, are distinctly visible and we therefore feel we have the right to judge and mock. For some people the solution isn't as simple as "just do some exercise, fatty!" because there are other problems to conquer. Sure, exercise and diet are fundamentals to losing weight, but some people need help and encouragement, just like with any other addiction. And yes some people are just lazy and reckless and just don't care.

I knew a guy at university whose weight basically tripled over the course of three years, but little did we know that it was a consequence of depression, which was itself caused by trying to deal with the clinical depression that was in his own family. Sure, the physical act of exercise would have led to weight loss, but the psychological issues that needed confronting which might have led to that determination to do something were much more complex. So sometimes it's not just about base gluttony, despite the physical image of being overweight that can suggest otherwise because we are automatically disposed to sneer and tut.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 10034
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 4:20:35 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Ever heard of depression? Same reason why some people get addicted to drugs and alcohol, they're in a vicious circle. But as a society we tend to sneer at morbidly fat people because the consequences of their 'problem', as it were, are distinctly visible and we therefore feel we have the right to judge and mock. For some people the solution isn't as simple as "just do some exercise, fatty!" because there are other problems to conquer. Sure, exercise and diet are fundamentals to losing weight, but some people need help and encouragement, just like with any other addiction. And yes some people are just lazy and reckless and just don't care.

I knew a guy at university whose weight basically tripled over the course of three years, but little did we know that it was a consequence of depression, which was itself caused by trying to deal with the clinical depression that was in his own family. Sure, the physical act of exercise would have led to weight loss, but the psychological issues that needed confronting which might have led to that determination to do something were much more complex. So sometimes it's not just about base gluttony, despite the physical image of being overweight that can suggest otherwise because we are automatically disposed to sneer and tut.

Well put DC. Certainly better than my response of whether alcoholics should just drink less, or people with a fear of heights just shouldn't look down, etc.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 10035
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 4:30:53 PM   
jonson

Depression doesn't make you fat. Eating too much with little exercise makes you fat. Where do you get these silly ideas from?

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 10036
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 4:55:29 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Depression doesn't make you fat. Eating too much with little exercise makes you fat. Where do you get these silly ideas from?

That's not what we're saying. Are you being obtuse for comic effect?

Depression can sometimes lead to addiction, which in some cases involves over-eating and becoming fat. Therefore for some being fat is a symptom of something other than just pure gluttony and lack of exercise. It's perfectly simple.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 10037
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/9/2013 5:16:51 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

That's not what we're saying. Are you being obtuse for comic effect?

Depression can sometimes lead to addiction, which in some cases involves over-eating and becoming fat. Therefore for some being fat is a symptom of something other than just pure gluttony and lack of exercise. It's perfectly simple.

I was being obtuse, I apologise. I understand depression and how it can work.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 10038
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/9/2013 10:37:59 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway
I. Am. Raging.

Shitty behaviour indeed but I'm a little puzzled as to why you left with them in the first place - they sound like arseholes.

I guess you could say she was... easily Swayed...

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 10039
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/9/2013 8:23:29 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

I. Am. Raging.

Shitty behaviour indeed but I'm a little puzzled as to why you left with them in the first place - they sound like arseholes.

We have a winner!

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10040
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/9/2013 3:14:18 PM   
Hood_Man

I think I have a Google redirect virus...

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10041
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/9/2013 6:01:38 PM   
sanchia

From my experience if you are using Chrome and go into settings >extensions you usually find the redirect thingy in there and can turn it off or uninstall it or at least un enable it.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10042
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/9/2013 6:37:34 PM   
Hood_Man

Yeah I was hoping it would be that, but there was something deeper going on as it was occurring in Firefox and Internet Explorer as well.

I found a blog with some steps for getting rid of it (in case someone does a Google search or something, and for some reason comes to a film site, here's a link to it [CLICK]).

Worryingly, there was quite a lot of stuff that needed tidying up

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10043
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/9/2013 5:53:54 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

The majority is overeating and lack of exercise, absolutely. But that isn't an absolute.

I concur. I'll never make an excuse for my own size - I eat too much and don't do enough exercise, but after my recent spell of ill health I have learned not to make snap judgements about anyone because I just don't have a clue about their story.

Yes, maybe 95% of them are through laziness and greed, but there are others with medical issues I have no idea about.

I remember when I was first getting out and about while recovering from my operations. I moved slowly. I was very weak and as I took my time walking along the street feeling every step an effort, I suddenly thought, 'nobody has a clue that I'm sporting a scar the length of my abdomen from surgery two weeks ago. How many other people are walking around with similar scars or other medical conditions that I just don't know about?' I thought back to the amount of women I saw and encountered in the ward I was in and realised how many people I must pass on a day to day basis that outwardly look fine, but all have their own stories. I felt it more so when I would have to wait for a lift to take me up one level in a shopping centre or whatever - I could tell people were looking at me thinking I looked like a young, healthy woman and that it was nothing but laziness that was making me take the lift. They just had no idea how much an effort it was for me just to be on my feet for any length of time.

This is a very long winded way of saying I totally agree it's not an absolute. And we can't make quick judgements on people without knowing their story first.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10044
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/9/2013 5:55:28 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

I. Am. Raging.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10045
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/9/2013 7:41:44 PM   
Ref

A bloody bad day at work with people shouting at me and demeaning me whilst I'm trying to sodding help them. And then I come home to vent and basically I'm told to 'calm down, dear'! I want to fucking vent so I can get this off my chest. Now I'm bloody fumiing!!

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10046
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/9/2013 4:54:50 PM   
Hood_Man

I spent the best part of an hour typing in codes to get my sister's Youview remote to operate the TV as well as the Youview box (like a universal remote).

As is usually the case, the TV make was correct but the codes did nothing. I've only got them to work once on my mum's TV, but it's been bad luck every other time I've tried.

Ugh... tech

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 10047
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/9/2013 11:32:08 AM   
Ghidorah

Look like my working relationship with my manager had hit rock bottom. We had a disagreement over his handling of things and the way he tried to pin it on me. I stood my ground and now he making a case against me. So either I'm going to get fired, suspended or he will lead an investigation against me. Make the matter worst, he tried to rub it in my face with a smirk before I left.

Seriously how can some people be so stupid to fall for his lies? His track record is terrible, people left departments because of him and many people made complaints against him. So now he leading a group to get rid of me. What a fucking stupid prick. I would like to know what he said against me because I can pull a load of dirt on him.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10048
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/9/2013 12:00:20 PM   
sanchia

You may wish to start collating the evidence and proof he did such things if he is trying to pin something he himself has done on you.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 10049
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/9/2013 12:34:39 PM   
horribleives

According to Amanda Holden whenever a woman has an affair it's all her husband/boyfriend's fault. Twat.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10050
Page:   <<   < prev  333 334 [335] 336 337   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  333 334 [335] 336 337   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI