Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  332 333 [334] 335 336   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/9/2013 9:44:28 PM   
Ref

I concur with matty_b. I have a troll of a supervisor and due to her being a complete and utter cow, it's bringing on my panic attacks. I HATE feeling like this, I fucking hate it!!

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9991
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/9/2013 12:48:00 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: StaceyB

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

I hate myself/being in debt.

As some people on here know I've been attempting to move to Manchester for a while

That all sounds really shit, what kind of work are you looking for in Manchester, might be able to help point you towards something?

Ooooh! Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking at Admin and/or Customer Services type roles - currently working for a major Insurance company working with Financial Advisors so anything along that ilk, although with how desperate we're getting I'm quite flexible in what I'll go for.

(in reply to StaceyB)
Post #: 9992
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/9/2013 6:24:57 PM   
Valanya

It's Back To School week, which for me means my first week as a qualified teacher. I've been having a couple of health issues over the last couple of days which I decided I need to see a doctor for, but not terribly urgently so I waited until after 10am to phone up and advance book a late afternoon/evening appointment.

The first date the receptionist could offer me was the 17th of September.

I'm getting so tired of never being able to get an appointment with my doctors. If you phone before 10am (the cut-off time for being seen on the day) then you can never get through, and if you try to book an appointment in advance they're always fully booked for the next two weeks. Looks like, once again, I'll be heading down to the walk-in center (which operates out of the same offices as my surgery) so I can actually get seen by a medical professional. Time to switch practices, I think.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 9993
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/9/2013 4:03:37 PM   
Hood_Man

Seems my fridge freezer isn't fixed after all...

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9994
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/9/2013 7:24:50 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya

It's Back To School week, which for me means my first week as a qualified teacher. I've been having a couple of health issues over the last couple of days which I decided I need to see a doctor for, but not terribly urgently so I waited until after 10am to phone up and advance book a late afternoon/evening appointment.

The first date the receptionist could offer me was the 17th of September.

I'm getting so tired of never being able to get an appointment with my doctors. If you phone before 10am (the cut-off time for being seen on the day) then you can never get through, and if you try to book an appointment in advance they're always fully booked for the next two weeks. Looks like, once again, I'll be heading down to the walk-in center (which operates out of the same offices as my surgery) so I can actually get seen by a medical professional. Time to switch practices, I think.

Few are any better nowadays. Last time I tried to book in advance I was told the next appointment was in four weeks time.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9995
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/9/2013 8:34:03 PM   
buffster28

I can't access my yahoo email

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9996
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/9/2013 8:45:06 PM   
sanchia

If it BT Yahoo I'm afraid I have some bad news. Unless you signed up for the premium service BT have discontinued it. A lot of people with the Talk21 email address which they have had for twenty years or more have now lost them. Luckily I heard about this and decided to pay for the premium account.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 9997
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/9/2013 8:56:43 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Yahoo also had server problems on Thursday that affected customers globally. Don't know if there is any fallout left from that. More likely to be Sanchia's explanation.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9998
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/9/2013 11:40:13 AM   
matty_b

Weird, I can access my Yahoo account just fine?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9999
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/9/2013 1:23:03 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Weird, I can access my Yahoo account just fine?

My Yahoo account which I've had for years has been unaffected but the BT Yahoo account I was given when I signed up for BT Internet 10 years ago has been deactivated. The only emails I ever received to that account were from BT anyway so it hasn't really affected me thankfully.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 10000
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/9/2013 2:49:27 PM   
matty_b

Ah, OK. So regular ones will be unaffected? Better be the case, it's going to be a pain in the arse setting up a new one and importing all the addresses I need.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 10001
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/9/2013 7:18:49 PM   
Ghidorah

All I can say is my manager is fucking useless and I just can't give a fuck about his time wasting ideas. Our department is in the real shit at the moment and his turn a blind eye attitude isn't doing anyone any favours. I had to go up to him and asked him why he isn't doing what he suppose to doing. All I got is some confused look like a toddler who think eatting his own shit would be a great idea. So it was me who had to sort his fucking mess out.

Later he asked me to sort out another of his mess before his supervisiors find out. He offered to take over my bit and in my absense he ignored my intructions and made a tit up. Fucking Bravo. What a fucking useless coward. At the moment several people careers on the line and he isn't doing anything to boost up productivity. It just lies or excuses. anything that does goes well, he takes the fucking credit and when he fucks up, he play the dumbarse game.

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 8/9/2013 7:19:36 PM >

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 10002
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/9/2013 7:27:13 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Ah, OK. So regular ones will be unaffected? Better be the case, it's going to be a pain in the arse setting up a new one and importing all the addresses I need.

It should only be the BT Yahoo ones which will be effected,

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 10003
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/9/2013 9:31:08 AM   
Hood_Man

Is it really so much to ask to be kept informed? These maintenance people are very friendly and polite, but finding out what's happening is like trying to get blood out of a stone.

I want a fridge! I want to have a freezer! I want to enjoy salad without it going off in a matter of hours, or ice cream without having to finish it in one sitting (well, that might happen anyway, but it's nice to have the option).

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10004
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/9/2013 10:11:08 PM   
Mister Coe

... I had a bloody blinder of a weekend, the best time I've had this year, felt a bit on a tickle in my throat late on Sunday but thought nothing of it...

By Monday evening, I had a splitting headache, I was burning up and coughing up something akin to wallpaper paste whilst sneezing hard enough to make my nose bleed!

Feeling a bit better now, but why do good memories always get followed by crap?

Say what now?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 10005
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/9/2013 5:04:40 PM   
elab49

The person technically in charge of the work I spend months of my time on really doesn't give a damn about it and is wholly unapologetic about it. So just before submission deadlines will happily say 'I don't understand this, sorry' so I look bad centrally because I can't send the info in and he's not bothered remembering that we did the same thing last year, and the year before, and with the interim data earlier this year, and that he's sat several times through meetings with the external group that receive the data discussing it.

So I don't meet a deadline which I'll have to explain, not him, leaving me embarrassed and almost in tears at the casual dismissal of what I spend most of my time doing. I wouldn't mind if it was just something he needed time to understand it's the fact he clearly doesn't give a shit about it, which is why all of our problems - and they have been major ones - have been entirely his fault and even apologising, and saying they understand what they need to do now, continues on his way acting surprised every time I put something in front of him.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 10006
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/9/2013 5:46:25 PM   
sanchia

It appears that someone or someones has been not doing the work which they are employed to do preferring to instead file it away and leave it at that. This has now led to it hitting the fan as the area boss whilst carrying out some checks has found four such pieces of work (and you can guarantee there are dozens more tucked away in files somewhere) some of this work has put lives potentially at risk and this is going to have pretty significant implications for all of us who work there including those who of us do take a bit of pride in their work and do things correctly even if it is a little difficult. Essentially heads are going to roll and it may not be the correct heads as it is difficult to prove the people who are doing it are the ones who are doing it as they cover their tracks quite well and it appears have palmed the blame off on people who are in fact conscientious.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 11/9/2013 5:48:20 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10007
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/9/2013 5:58:58 PM   
elab49

That's appalling. It certainly puts mine into perspective.

I know you say lives at risk, but it's hard not to feel it's currently shittier for the innocent about to get tarred with the shit brush

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10008
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/9/2013 6:48:50 PM   
sanchia

It hasn't been the best day I must admit.

It is just there are certain areas where people put outstanding work or work where something else is required before it can be completed and some people I know completed their work in a timely fashion and now have somehow ended up with work from months ago which was not completed placed in their area by someone where a few days ago they were empty. The problem is that the outstanding work was found by the area manager who now thinks these people have not been completing their work. I have an idea of whom the primary culprit is but there is no way to prove it and this is going to lead to a heavier workload as a result as all work allocated to people are now going to have to be recorded rather than people being treated like adults and trusted.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10009
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/9/2013 7:13:15 PM   
ChickMagnet

Well it seems the phrase "Our department is safe from redundancies" was a big ass lie. Now I know some people would expect me to be happy redundancy has come up, seeing as I'm looking to leave anyway. But firstly this could be me out of work over Christmas and secondly, no matter what happens with me, quite a few of my friends are now worrying about their future, fecking corporate bastards who make these decisions.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10010
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/9/2013 8:59:27 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Well it seems the phrase "Our department is safe from redundancies" was a big ass lie. Now I know some people would expect me to be happy redundancy has come up, seeing as I'm looking to leave anyway. But firstly this could be me out of work over Christmas and secondly, no matter what happens with me, quite a few of my friends are now worrying about their future, fecking corporate bastards who make these decisions.

Fuck's sake CM, not good news. Sorry to hear that.

I came in to moan about having wet boxers on and dry jeans on top so it's going to look like I've pissed myself the next time I stand up. I'd actually take that every day over redundancy.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 10011
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/9/2013 11:31:29 AM   
darthbane

My supervisor has become so lazy that absolutely any excuse to not do a job is, in his mind, a good one.
Well today he has handed me a job, but told me that he has told the person who requested it, that "we" are to busy at the moment. Now I am fairly busy, but that said, this particular job is very quick and easy. I'm angry that the customers are going to start think I'm as lazy as he is.
I have had a word in his ear, but I'm still miffed

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10012
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/9/2013 6:45:02 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I came in to moan about having wet boxers on and dry jeans on top so it's going to look like I've pissed myself the next time I stand up.

Why were your boxers wet?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10013
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/9/2013 7:03:49 PM   
Sway

Not pissed off, just a bit frustrated/feeling sorry for myself.

I asked my new manager about Christmas hours today, thinking I was probably far too early to be even speaking about it just now, but turns out I'm actually behind a number of people who have already thought ahead.

Anyway long story short, the only one day I would have liked off was Boxing day and that's the one day I can't get off due to others having requested it before me.

Ok that's fair enough. First come, first served, so I can't complain about that.

I'm just gutted because last year December was an absolute shitter for me. I'd had my first op at the start of the month and was still very weak come Christmas day etc. I did manage to enjoy it and had a bit of Christmas dinner but there's no getting away from the fact I was still very ill.

So I was really hoping I'd get just those two days off together to spend with family this year, in better health.

I absolutely loathe that shops are open on Boxing Day and all the big sales that go on, because instead of spending time with family and friends, enjoying food, company, new toys, us workers have to serve the kind of customers who will argue over the last penny and cause all sorts of problems.

Again, I know this is part and parcel of retail, and I would have just lumped it and liked it if I hadn't had such a bad year and if I hadn't already had to work Boxing day the previous year. Which I'd originally booked off but was pressured into working because of staff shortage.

I know this is a very silly and petty thing to get annoyed about. I just really needed to get it off my chest. I'm just really gutted.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10014
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/9/2013 11:18:57 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I came in to moan about having wet boxers on and dry jeans on top so it's going to look like I've pissed myself the next time I stand up.

Why were your boxers wet?

Over excitement.

Not really, cycling in the pouring rain with non-rainproof trousers. Then getting changed at work into jeans. Next time I'm cycling up in the rain I'm going commando.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 10015
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/9/2013 1:06:09 AM   
Sway

I. Am. Raging.

Was invited out to a friend's birthday this evening. I haven't seen her in a long time and had missed her recent house warming so made the effort to go to her night out tonight.

It was in a tiny little music bar, with an admittedly terrible singer, but the general atmosphere was good, everyone was in good spirits and I was enjoying myself despite the terrible music. My sis-in-law plus her sister were both there too, so it was great catching up with them.

I got a text from one of my work buddies asking where I was. I asked my friend if it was o.k if they joined and she was like, 'Of course, the more the merrier!' as she's very sociable, so I let my pals know they could join.

Three of them turned up and while they were happy to see me, they were quickly moaning about how crap the singer and music was. They then started trying to persuade me to leave and go to a club with them. I said no, as I was out for a friend's birthday and it would be a shitty thing to do. Anyway, they went on about it for long enough, that I asked my friend if she'd be offended if I left to go to a different club than the rest of the party. She was totally fine with it, as there were loads of folk out, but I still felt pretty rude about doing it.

So, we left the bar and wandered out onto the street. I'd already said I'd need to quickly change my footwear at my flat first (sore feet from heels!), which is 2 minutes away from the bar. Me and one of my pals walked to my flat, while the other two headed off to the club.

Or so we thought. We called them after I'd changed my shoes (it took seconds) and were on our way to the club and they answered and told us they were back at one of their flats.

Eh, what? Apparently one of them hadn't wanted to go out because of work tomorrow (fair enough) but the other one had just decided to follow suit. So, basically, they came along to a party they hadn't been invited to in the first place, moaned about how shit it was, persuaded me to leave with them (even though I felt guilty for doing so) and then just fucked off home without saying anything as soon as I went to change my shoes.

Now, I'm in bed raging, instead of out dancing and enjoying myself.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 10016
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/9/2013 9:05:06 AM   
sanchia

I think the essential thing to always remember Sway us people are dicks.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10017
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/9/2013 1:47:35 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I. Am. Raging.

Was invited out to a friend's birthday this evening. I haven't seen her in a long time and had missed her recent house warming so made the effort to go to her night out tonight.

It was in a tiny little music bar, with an admittedly terrible singer, but the general atmosphere was good, everyone was in good spirits and I was enjoying myself despite the terrible music. My sis-in-law plus her sister were both there too, so it was great catching up with them.

I got a text from one of my work buddies asking where I was. I asked my friend if it was o.k if they joined and she was like, 'Of course, the more the merrier!' as she's very sociable, so I let my pals know they could join.

Three of them turned up and while they were happy to see me, they were quickly moaning about how crap the singer and music was. They then started trying to persuade me to leave and go to a club with them. I said no, as I was out for a friend's birthday and it would be a shitty thing to do. Anyway, they went on about it for long enough, that I asked my friend if she'd be offended if I left to go to a different club than the rest of the party. She was totally fine with it, as there were loads of folk out, but I still felt pretty rude about doing it.

So, we left the bar and wandered out onto the street. I'd already said I'd need to quickly change my footwear at my flat first (sore feet from heels!), which is 2 minutes away from the bar. Me and one of my pals walked to my flat, while the other two headed off to the club.

Or so we thought. We called them after I'd changed my shoes (it took seconds) and were on our way to the club and they answered and told us they were back at one of their flats.

Eh, what? Apparently one of them hadn't wanted to go out because of work tomorrow (fair enough) but the other one had just decided to follow suit. So, basically, they came along to a party they hadn't been invited to in the first place, moaned about how shit it was, persuaded me to leave with them (even though I felt guilty for doing so) and then just fucked off home without saying anything as soon as I went to change my shoes.

Now, I'm in bed raging, instead of out dancing and enjoying myself.

Shitty behaviour indeed but I'm a little puzzled as to why you left with them in the first place - they sound like arseholes. If I was already out with one group of people and another group of people whinged about it and tried to talk me into going elsewhere I'd tell them to fuck right off.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10018
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/9/2013 6:15:12 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Shitty behaviour indeed but I'm a little puzzled as to why you left with them in the first place - they sound like arseholes. If I was already out with one group of people and another group of people whinged about it and tried to talk me into going elsewhere I'd tell them to fuck right off.

They're actually normally decent people. I work with them and they form part of my general social group, so I'm good friends with them. I was annoyed at the fact they were moaning about it especially because they hadn't been invited originally, and there's no real excuse on my behalf as to why I ended up caving into them in the end. I guess it was just because I knew once my sis-in-law was picked up by my brother at midnight, I'd end up kinda being on my tod trying to mingle with drunken people I didn't know - as the birthday girl was naturally being sociable with everyone.

Either way, it was stupid of me to allow myself to be pressured into leaving, and actually, it's unlike me too. I'm usually someone to stand my ground.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 10019
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/9/2013 6:31:35 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I was waiting to back into a parking spot. Had seen the driver of the car was going to come out, so pulled forward and over to give them room, had the indicator on.

They pull out and someone sweeps round driving forward and straight into the spot.

So I beep him. Nothing, no movement, no apology when he must have known now that I was waiting on that spot. Only one thing left to do. Reverse back, wind down the window, beep him again, spend about 10 seconds giving him the finger and calling him a F******** C***. Still pissed me off no end though.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 15/9/2013 6:34:38 PM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 10020
Page:   <<   < prev  332 333 [334] 335 336   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  332 333 [334] 335 336   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI