Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  331 332 [333] 334 335   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/8/2013 9:59:06 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Get rid of the shit, don't feel sorry for him.
People like him always coast along, while people like you get the shit.
Had that happen to me many a time.

I don't want to play the part in getting someone fired and I hate him for putting me in this situation. My manager has no people skills, his work ethics is appalling and has no management direction. It like he there for the ride and doesn't want to get his hands dirty. I don't think there are times when he took charge of the situation and it always appears to be his superiors or everyone else. The situation is our department is easy to run and yet it's underperforming. How can our department give a shit if we see our manager not giving a fuck. He just run away from a crisis and let the real workers pick up the pieces.

You have mentioned him a few times as being someone who causes problems. You mentioned he got you to falsify evidence to cover his own error which potentially could have led to you getting fired but in the circumstance ended up with you getting disciplined for his error. he appears to have not learned from this or to actually have appreciated this by his first question being to check you covered for him rather than you being okay. I would say you have done more than enough for him and it is time to protect yourself. You're not doing it to be vindictive as the fact you are concerned about having reported him proves.

The irony is I could of reported his behaviour many months ago but I let things slide. As the result four further people left our department because of him. His performance haven't change, the way he treat his staff haven't change and he haven't sorted out our department shortcomings. The only the thing that had change is his superiors are noticing he isn't taking charge and he causing a department to fall apart. How can I deal with an unintentional griefer and a post infedlity co workerat the sametime? The emontional strain is so great I can't see myself lasting much longer and I'm considering losing hours or handing in my notice.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9961
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/8/2013 12:56:35 PM   
jcthefirst

Because Next sent me slim fit suit trousers instead of regular fit ones, and now they won't have any in stock for two weeks. And I'm going to the wedding at the weekend.

Looks like my balls will be round my ears at the reception.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9962
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/8/2013 1:51:05 PM   
Chief

And if you wear a big jacket or shirt you'll look like a 2-pin plug.

I hate slim fit anything. Trousers made for smack-head looking waifs with no leg muscles and shirts for poncey man-girls that straighten their hair.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9963
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/8/2013 4:00:01 PM   
jcthefirst

And because they're slim fit and close round the ankles it makes me look like I've got massive clown feet with my shoes on.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9964
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/8/2013 6:23:32 PM   
Ghidorah

Right now I feel like Will Graham from the Hannibal TV series. I can think straight but at the sametime my head is all over the place and my emotions are pretty much non existance. I guess I need to draw some clocks. Anyhow I asked around in other departments and my manager's behaviour is well known and has upset several other people. He can be a nice guy to me but I'm now very concerned who I am working with. It's now pretty clear he isn't suitable for management role and there's something seriously wrong with him. So the question is not whom but WHAT am I working with?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9965
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/8/2013 6:35:13 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I hate slim fit anything. Trousers made for smack-head looking waifs with no leg muscles and shirts for poncey man-girls that straighten their hair.

I have a slim fit shirt which is okay because at the moment I am a 30inch waist with a 42 inch chest (no straightening my hair although when I wear it I feel the urge for guy liner ). The down side is that when I wear it I cannot raise my arms above 90 degrees or the shoulder may split. jcthefirst must have epic elephantitis of the balls though,

< Message edited by sanchia -- 27/8/2013 6:41:59 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9966
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/8/2013 8:07:28 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Get rid of the shit, don't feel sorry for him.
People like him always coast along, while people like you get the shit.
Had that happen to me many a time.

I don't want to play the part in getting someone fired and I hate him for putting me in this situation. My manager has no people skills, his work ethics is appalling and has no management direction. It like he there for the ride and doesn't want to get his hands dirty. I don't think there are times when he took charge of the situation and it always appears to be his superiors or everyone else. The situation is our department is easy to run and yet it's underperforming. How can our department give a shit if we see our manager not giving a fuck. He just run away from a crisis and let the real workers pick up the pieces.

You have mentioned him a few times as being someone who causes problems. You mentioned he got you to falsify evidence to cover his own error which potentially could have led to you getting fired but in the circumstance ended up with you getting disciplined for his error. he appears to have not learned from this or to actually have appreciated this by his first question being to check you covered for him rather than you being okay. I would say you have done more than enough for him and it is time to protect yourself. You're not doing it to be vindictive as the fact you are concerned about having reported him proves.

The irony is I could of reported his behaviour many months ago but I let things slide. As the result four further people left our department because of him. His performance haven't change, the way he treat his staff haven't change and he haven't sorted out our department shortcomings. The only the thing that had change is his superiors are noticing he isn't taking charge and he causing a department to fall apart. How can I deal with an unintentional griefer and a post infedlity co workerat the sametime? The emontional strain is so great I can't see myself lasting much longer and I'm considering losing hours or handing in my notice.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9967
RE: I am pissed off because... - 28/8/2013 8:17:58 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Postage from the American Disney website. $10 items costs $35 postage. How they hell do they figure that? It wouldn't be so bad if the UK site actually sold anything decent but they amount of stuff they don't sell compared to the US one is ludicrous,

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9968
RE: I am pissed off because... - 28/8/2013 8:46:29 AM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

I have a slim fit shirt which is okay because at the moment I am a 30inch waist with a 42 inch chest (no straightening my hair although when I wear it I feel the urge for guy liner ). The down side is that when I wear it I cannot raise my arms above 90 degrees or the shoulder may split. jcthefirst must have epic elephantitis of the balls though,

You horrible fit bastard.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9969
RE: I am pissed off because... - 28/8/2013 9:11:02 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Bank account was hacked!.
Llloyds have fixed it ,but still pissed..and now I have a feeling of vulnerability.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9970
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/8/2013 10:19:08 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

From what you describe underneath, I'd suggest that the only person playing a part in the dismissal is the manager himself. If, after taking a bullet for him like you did, I saw not only no improvement but a further dip in performance from him, I'd be doing whatever it took to bring this to the attention of the powers that be, completely clear of conscience. Management is as much about taking responsibility as getting results. If he can't do either then he doesn't deserve the title.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9971
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/8/2013 12:11:11 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

You horrible fit bastard.

quote:

quote:

Perhaps I do. Perhaps I do.

I have the slim fit jacket which fits fine, but the trousers are just uncomfortable. And when I went to Next to see if they had any in store I could swap them with (they didn't) I'm fairly certain I spent five minutes talking to the old dear behind the counter about my testicles and how uncomfortable they were/are in the slim fit trousers.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9972
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/8/2013 5:00:28 PM   
moontheloon

At the bus stop, go in and sit down, get my book out whilst I wait. Also in the shelter are a woman and a man who I assumed was her husband. She's smoking, which annoys me not because someone is smoking, but because someone is smoking in a bus shelter, when they could very easily stand up, walk a few feet and smoke outside the shelter, and the weather is nice, so they can't even cite the rain as the reason why they are smoking there. Despite my annoyance I decide to keep my mouth shut.

Moments later however I hear, in an accusatory tone, "What book is that?". In a different circumstance, said in a different manner, this would be an innocent question of intrigue. This was pretty much shouted at me though, and said with a level of disdain to which I knew there was no answer that wouldn't be met with mocking from these two. So I decide to say something. I ask her to stop smoking. Silence... she doesn't even look at me. I ask again, and say that it's bothering me, and I would like her to please stop smoking in the bus shelter.

I am ignored yet again. I point out that it's against the law, that people have actually walked out of the bus shelter because of her smoking, and that it shows a blatant lack of respect for the people around her. After a while she, still ignoring me, says to her husband, loud enough for me to hear, "maybe you should light up spliff, that'd really annoy him". Then she points out to me that "the only time I don't smoke in a bus shelter is when there are children around" I ask why it makes any difference, and she says "because I couldn't care less about you". This type of thing continues for a while until she starts telling me to "shut up posh boy, just read your book", which actually infuriates me, because the implication in her voice was that I was treating her like scum because I looked down on her, when in fact I just don't like anyone who so willfully ignores the law because hey, why should it apply to them., but I just ignore her.

The bus turns up, they get on before me and the bus driver tries calling them back because, perhaps inevitably, they have just got on with a fake ticket. Then, again, really irritating me, the bus driver just carries on driving. Now you could ask what could the bus driver do. In the past, and still the best method I've seen. The bus driver simply turned off the engine when people got on with fake tickets. Eventually someone, sometimes the people with the fake tickets, comes down to see why we aren't moving, and the driver explains, and the passengers either gang together to get these people off the bus, or the people just get off, knowing that they can't get anyway. But no, we drive.

They got off the bus before me, and as they get off they shout over to me "Bye Bookwork, you slimey git". I didn't even look at them.

What annoyed me most about this, besides, you know, being verbally assaulted in public, was that these two did what they wanted. It's illegal to smoke in a bus shelter, no matter, I want to do it so I will... Oh you need a valid ticket to ride the bus, well I don't want to pay so I won't. They did exactly what they wanted to do, without a care in the world, and they faced absolutely no repercussions for their actions. No one batted an eye lid or challenged them, besides me, and I was very very ineffective. It makes me start to wonder what the point in trying hard and following the rules is, because when you do what you want, nobody actually cares.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9973
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/8/2013 5:28:11 PM   
MonsterCat

I hope they both die.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 9974
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/8/2013 5:48:01 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I have the slim fit jacket which fits fine, but the trousers are just uncomfortable. And when I went to Next to see if they had any in store I could swap them with (they didn't) I'm fairly certain I spent five minutes talking to the old dear behind the counter about my testicles and how uncomfortable they were/are in the slim fit trousers.

It's a medical condition!

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9975
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/8/2013 6:38:15 PM   
Scruffybobby

Old guy at work doing my nut in. He's a grumpy old bastard at the best of times but this week it's almost as if he's making a conscious effort to be a grumpy old bastard.

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 29/8/2013 6:39:30 PM >

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9976
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/8/2013 11:27:55 PM   
Ghidorah

I could get a promotion if my manager bothered training me up.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 9977
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/8/2013 11:38:08 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

I could get a promotion if my manager bothered training me up.

Just say to him: "Hey, man! My foot is about have an emotional affair with your ass if you don't shape the fuck up!"

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9978
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/8/2013 12:14:42 AM   
Hood_Man

Tell him that there's a community on the internet that's laughing at him. Like, really loudly.

Like THIS.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9979
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/8/2013 3:14:58 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Wow moon, that sounds awful! I can't stand those kind of people, utter narrow-minded trash to be honest.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9980
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/8/2013 9:22:47 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

At the bus stop, go in and sit down, get my book out whilst I wait. Also in the shelter are a woman and a man who I assumed was her husband. She's smoking, which annoys me not because someone is smoking, but because someone is smoking in a bus shelter, when they could very easily stand up, walk a few feet and smoke outside the shelter, and the weather is nice, so they can't even cite the rain as the reason why they are smoking there. Despite my annoyance I decide to keep my mouth shut.

Moments later however I hear, in an accusatory tone, "What book is that?". In a different circumstance, said in a different manner, this would be an innocent question of intrigue. This was pretty much shouted at me though, and said with a level of disdain to which I knew there was no answer that wouldn't be met with mocking from these two. So I decide to say something. I ask her to stop smoking. Silence... she doesn't even look at me. I ask again, and say that it's bothering me, and I would like her to please stop smoking in the bus shelter.

I am ignored yet again. I point out that it's against the law, that people have actually walked out of the bus shelter because of her smoking, and that it shows a blatant lack of respect for the people around her. After a while she, still ignoring me, says to her husband, loud enough for me to hear, "maybe you should light up spliff, that'd really annoy him". Then she points out to me that "the only time I don't smoke in a bus shelter is when there are children around" I ask why it makes any difference, and she says "because I couldn't care less about you". This type of thing continues for a while until she starts telling me to "shut up posh boy, just read your book", which actually infuriates me, because the implication in her voice was that I was treating her like scum because I looked down on her, when in fact I just don't like anyone who so willfully ignores the law because hey, why should it apply to them., but I just ignore her.

The bus turns up, they get on before me and the bus driver tries calling them back because, perhaps inevitably, they have just got on with a fake ticket. Then, again, really irritating me, the bus driver just carries on driving. Now you could ask what could the bus driver do. In the past, and still the best method I've seen. The bus driver simply turned off the engine when people got on with fake tickets. Eventually someone, sometimes the people with the fake tickets, comes down to see why we aren't moving, and the driver explains, and the passengers either gang together to get these people off the bus, or the people just get off, knowing that they can't get anyway. But no, we drive.

They got off the bus before me, and as they get off they shout over to me "Bye Bookwork, you slimey git". I didn't even look at them.

What annoyed me most about this, besides, you know, being verbally assaulted in public, was that these two did what they wanted. It's illegal to smoke in a bus shelter, no matter, I want to do it so I will... Oh you need a valid ticket to ride the bus, well I don't want to pay so I won't. They did exactly what they wanted to do, without a care in the world, and they faced absolutely no repercussions for their actions. No one batted an eye lid or challenged them, besides me, and I was very very ineffective. It makes me start to wonder what the point in trying hard and following the rules is, because when you do what you want, nobody actually cares.

You should totally turn yourself into Kick-Ass.

Post #: 9981
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/8/2013 10:24:10 AM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The problem with these people, they have a negative effect in many people lives and I have no doubt in my mind they are well known to the police. You are just another person they tried to walk over. The fact they called you names because you stood up to them and they weren't happy.

Post #: 9982
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/8/2013 2:04:07 PM   
UTB

I am pissed off because for a second month running (and the third in 5 months) I haven't been paid for being on call. This is all due to my manager's inability to send the hours through to HR. I checked my bank balance this morning (it being payday) and same again. Rather than bother asking him though, I simply said "haven't been paid on call again. not doing any more".

In your face, The Man!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9983
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/8/2013 2:13:44 PM   
elab49

My bank is a kafka-esque nightmare.

I don't use phone banking - don't want to, not particularly secure IMO. BUT to sign up for the internet years ago we were forced to do it via phone banking. And then most of us promptly shredded everything.

Now their customer service is entirely vested via phone banking and they refuse, absolutely refuse, service unless you give them codes or register for phone banking service. They won't even pass on a non-account specific internet query to the internet banking section without account specific codes you don't actually have.

I spoke to my branch about this years ago and they just told me it was a nightmade and nobody liked it, and just to keep saying 'please pass me to my branch' and force them into that, but even that takes ages.

And when you finally get someone on the chat bit on the internet banking it takes 2 minutes for each response and then you get logged out because, obviously, you're not using the banking page itself while you're talking.

So - finally had it. I'm transferring my account to any bank that will confirm it will pick up a bloody phone and talk to me when I have a question.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 30/8/2013 2:15:09 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 9984
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/8/2013 2:36:37 PM   
Hood_Man

Some bloody twit has thrown away my Lovefilm disk

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9985
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/8/2013 7:15:26 PM   
ChickMagnet

I hate myself/being in debt.

As some people on here know I've been attempting to move to Manchester for a while, to help with saving up for it I contacted the company I have a debt management plan with, explained the situation and asked if there was anything they could do to help - they significantly lowered my payments for 2 months and told me to contact them after then.

We've had the money together for a while now and to be honest over the past few days I've come to realise this move isn't happening, I mean my other half can get a job not a problem so long as we can ensure to be there by the middle of October, but nobody seems interested in hiring me, and to be honest I don't blame them - it's surely a big risk taking on a near 34 year old bloke who's looking to start all over again in a new city when there's a steady stream of people in their early 20's on your doorstep. I'd contacted my debt management company a couple of weeks ago and told them I could increase my payments again - they've promptly told me I need to pay back a portion of what I missed and they'd inform me how much it was, the Direct Debit date was Tuesday just gone and they've only gone and taken about 90% on top of this months payment meaning they took nearly 400 quid from me, this leaves me with just over 100 to last me the next 4 weeks.

To top it all off there was a debt management company I went for a job with who originally turned me down due to the person interviewing mes concerns about my work history (I worked for a company 6 years ago that has recently only just managed to survive some severe FSA fines for mis-selling) and she felt I'd need completely retraining, and concerns that I won't be able to get moved in the 4 week notice period I need to give my current employer, plus she feared I wouldn't like it in Manchester and they'd lose me in 6 months. Thursday I got a phone-call from their HR team saying they'd overturned her decision and wanted to offer me the standard 2nd Interview, however on pushing the 2nd Interview would be with the same woman and if I was successful she'd also be my manager. After the fact that she turned me down and made it quite clear in the interview I wasn't wanted (I genuinely think she was trying to get me to walk out of the interview) I turned down the offer as I felt that I hardly had a chance of getting the job and even if I did there's no way I could work for her.

Then yesterday I get a phone-call from the same company that interviewed me, I answered thinking that they may be offering me a role in a different department, but nope - I'd mentioned in my interview that I was on a debt management plan so could sympathise with the customers I'd encounter and sure enough that's been passed onto their sales team to see if I wanted to switch from my current plan providers to them, I ended up putting the phone down on the Sales guy but still feel like shite, essentially I'm stuck in a city I don't want to live in, working for a company that due to my efforts to leave over the last couple of months aren't prepared to work with me or give me any extra training and nicely finishing it, I'm absolutely broke (The money we've saved will just go straight towards paying off a chunk of my debts).

I know most of this is my fault but I feel properly pissed off at myself for allowing all of it to happen.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9986
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/8/2013 8:13:11 PM   
kumar

That sounds fucking rough CM. Hope you manage to sort yourself out.

I wont share whats pissing me off, its tame as fuck and isnt worth telling.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 9987
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/9/2013 2:11:53 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

My bank account was hacked last week an now I'm hearing that my parents account has also been hacked.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 2/9/2013 2:27:15 PM >

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 9988
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/9/2013 3:22:09 PM   
StaceyB

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

I hate myself/being in debt.

As some people on here know I've been attempting to move to Manchester for a while

That all sounds really shit, what kind of work are you looking for in Manchester, might be able to help point you towards something?

< Message edited by StaceyB -- 2/9/2013 3:24:25 PM >

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 9989
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/9/2013 3:44:29 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to StaceyB)
Post #: 9990
Page:   <<   < prev  331 332 [333] 334 335   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  331 332 [333] 334 335   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI