Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  330 331 [332] 333 334   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 2:12:31 PM   
UTB

Can someone summarise this EA thing? I want to know but I can't be arsed to read it all.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9931
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 2:31:22 PM   
MonsterCat

I guess he means emotional affair.

Bunch of sappy emo shit.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 9932
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 2:41:01 PM   
UTB

I know what it means... I want the back story in a sentence or two.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9933
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 2:41:49 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

You know it's bad when the star of Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot is facepalming.

It's worst than bad. It's more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso

My working environment is unbearable at the moment and doesn't look like things will get better unless there are drastic changes. Not only am I trying to keep No Contact in it place but at the same time I have to put up with my jackass manager. The other day on our department meeting, he mentioned the new recruits we will be getting to replace the two who just left. What he failed to mention both left because of him.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9934
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 2:50:02 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Platonic friendship crossed the line and evolved into an emotional affair. I had ended the friendship and now I'm suffering from BAD withdrawn sysmptons.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 9935
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 2:51:07 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Here it is in one line....

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3623239

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 9936
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 3:06:22 PM   
UTB

Cheers all, I'm up to speed.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 9937
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 3:08:49 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

Cheers all, I'm up to speed.

Really?

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 9938
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 3:22:08 PM   
UTB

Well, to the point that I know what an EA is, you've had one and now its awkward at work?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9939
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 3:58:35 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

Well, to the point that I know what an EA is, you've had one and now its awkward at work?

Things were already awkward at work, slowly one by one members of my team are leaving because of my manager. Some are lucky to get transfers while others had no choice and face unemployment. So the emotional strain of dealing with a jackass and post on/off EA is going to be huge.

http://www.lovepanky.com/flirting-flings/naughty-affairs/emotional-affair-signs

http://www.lovepanky.com/love-couch/sweet-love/platonic-love-and-its-revealing-secrets

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 9940
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 6:10:34 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

And Lo! The king of facepalm appeared.

For serious, thats the best one Ive seen.

< Message edited by borstal -- 21/8/2013 6:14:42 PM >

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9941
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 7:42:15 PM   
Ghidorah

Some humour

http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/shows/whitney/episodes/whitney-mind-games/video/an-emotional-affair-whitney-812130/

But seriously her and my manager are a bad combination.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 9942
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 8:04:03 PM   
Ref

Having been in my new job for a week and a half, I have only now got a desk and computer. And after only 1/2 day training, my supervisor who 'trained' me thinks that I should be able to do everything. She is constantly huffing and puffing at me whenever I have questions/queries and whilst on the phone today I overheard some catty comments aimed my way. I'm really worried about the end of my 3 month probation now, coz if she's got any say then I'll be a goner.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 9943
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 8:32:08 PM   
Scruffybobby

I've been given a mid year rating at work which is basically a failing grade and if it was to persist to end of the year would mean no bonus and no raise. Some is down to me (I'm under no illusions I'm the star performer but had assumed I was doing okay) but a lot of it is down to the fact that I've had no reviews, no real support and basically no indication that there was a problem until a couple of weeks ago when I was belatedly given figures to complete a self assessment. Why I wasn't made aware of the issue and given the chance to rectify it months ago I can't say other than the fact that management have basically failed to give me any kind of clue or help. If nobody tells you there's an issue how can you fix it? Having given it a couple of days thought I'm going to look into appealing the rating on those grounds. Now I'm aware I can work towards fixing things. It just would have been nice to have been able to to that 5-6 months ago when I had the time to pull things back.

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 9944
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 9:20:39 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

I've been given a mid year rating at work which is basically a failing grade and if it was to persist to end of the year would mean no bonus and no raise. Some is down to me (I'm under no illusions I'm the star performer but had assumed I was doing okay) but a lot of it is down to the fact that I've had no reviews, no real support and basically no indication that there was a problem until a couple of weeks ago when I was belatedly given figures to complete a self assessment. Why I wasn't made aware of the issue and given the chance to rectify it months ago I can't say other than the fact that management have basically failed to give me any kind of clue or help. If nobody tells you there's an issue how can you fix it? Having given it a couple of days thought I'm going to look into appealing the rating on those grounds. Now I'm aware I can work towards fixing things. It just would have been nice to have been able to to that 5-6 months ago when I had the time to pull things back.

Does your company not have 360 feedback? It's all very well them telling you where your failing but what about you telling them? Do you feel able to?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 9945
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 9:26:58 PM   
Scruffybobby

Oh I can tell them.I've already written as much in my self assessment and told my department boss as much in my mid year review when I got my rating. They're happy enough to let you have your say. Whether or not they actually do anything about it is a different story.

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9946
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 9:53:49 PM   
gingerdaniel

Some dicksplash at work keeps putting their coffee spoon in the sugar

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to bubs)
Post #: 9947
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 11:32:07 PM   
Valanya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Not sure how his bank accounts would mess up their credit score though? Unless they let him open accounts in their name, then they can't be that wise!

He's lived at their address for all but nine months of his life, and has never registered his address as being anywhere else. I don't know exactly how it all works, I just know it's all linked to the address because he's under the same roof.

quote:

Contact the credit reference agencies to formally separate his credit scores from his parents. They do offer this, eg so people don't get affected in shared houses. It might be more difficult with family, but I'd certainly give it a go. Emphasise, officially, that he is an adult and his credit history has nothing to do with your inlaws.

I didn't know you could do that, I'll pass the advice on. I get the impression though that they've just bailed him out yet again Fortune favours the stupid...

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9948
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/8/2013 11:52:44 PM   
moontheloon

My Phone appears to have suddenly died. Like one minute I had it on charge (it was at about 50% last I looked), then I pick it up to see if it's near charged yet and it is blank, won't turn on. I take the battery out, leave it a few minutes, nothing. I plug it in to my computer to see if I can still access it as a removeable storage device, nothing. One minute it works perfectly, the next it doesn't work at all.

It's most annoying because there are numbers on there not saved to my sim, and photos not on the memory card which I don't know if I'll ever be able to retrieve now, that and I've got to go to town to see if I can get the phone sent off for repair. It should be covered under my contract as I can only assume this is a technical fault, having done literally nothing to it in the space of working to not working.

It's really very irritating.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9949
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/8/2013 8:03:05 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Really wish people would respect my wishes and let me try to better myself and not drag me down with them. There's a subtle difference between having fun with alcohol and drugs and being dependent on them for a good time. Fuck sake.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 23/8/2013 8:04:30 AM >

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 9950
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/8/2013 10:18:07 PM   
Mister Coe

I'm pissed off because, today, i got knocked off my feet by some silly prick riding his bike on the pavement.  I got my head smacked good and proper, my arm got scraped and bleeding, my leather jacket ripped... and when I tried to take it up with the scrawny little cunt, he got all arsey and said 'well, you shouldn't have gotten in my way!'

Am I the only person who remembers when people with bikes rode on the road? Or those specially-designated bike paths?  Because, you know, that was the right thing to do?

I should have smacked his fucking teeth out.

Say what now?

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 9951
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/8/2013 8:16:02 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I'm pissed off because, today, i got knocked off my feet by some silly prick riding his bike on the pavement.  I got my head smacked good and proper, my arm got scraped and bleeding, my leather jacket ripped... and when I tried to take it up with the scrawny little cunt, he got all arsey and said 'well, you shouldn't have gotten in my way!'

Am I the only person who remembers when people with bikes rode on the road? Or those specially-designated bike paths?  Because, you know, that was the right thing to do?

Should have punted the fucker '300 style' into the road and said 'you belong there'

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9952
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/8/2013 9:17:51 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Should have punted the fucker '300 style' into the road and said 'you belong there'

Say what now?

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 9953
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/8/2013 9:24:13 PM   
elab49

And there's another problem with cyclists. If motorists break the rules or behave like arses you take the licence plate. What do you do with cyclists?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9954
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/8/2013 11:22:40 PM   
Ghidorah

When it comes to work, I'm a teamplayer and I support my team anyway possible. I'm not a doucebag who tries to win favours, get the one up on others or highlight other people mistakes. People make mistakes and things can go worng. It's something I had accepted and I'm someone who he can just crack on with things.

My manager messed up once again and I covered for him. It was a stupid thing to sign some false documentation but I didn't expect me to get into trouble. I was taken to the manager office and almost got a displinary by his superiors. I was then told to pull myself together and never let it happened again. The problem is they didn't know the documentation was a fake when in reality it was my manager not doing his job correctly. Afterward my manager wanted to know if i spelt the beans and started being assy about it.
Soon afterward my manager started nip picking me again about nothing. So enough was enough! I went to HR and made complaints about his behaviour. Later I over heard they going to do an investigation into my manager behaviour because he's upsetting too many people and his work performance is terrible.

He can be a nice guy but he's taking everyone for a ride. The problem is I don't want him to get fired but I do expect to move him else where so his skills are put into better use. At the moment he isn't doing anyone any favours and make me wonder how he got promoted in the first place. We lost some good people because of him and I still haven't recieved any training. All I got is excuses and my promotion has gone down the drain.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9955
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/8/2013 12:44:34 AM   
indysgill

Get rid of the shit, don't feel sorry for him.
People like him always coast along, while people like you get the shit.
Had that happen to me many a time.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9956
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/8/2013 9:06:22 AM   
sanchia

I had my day planned out only to wake up this morning and find I can barely walk on my right leg because my knee has given up the ghost.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 9957
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/8/2013 4:15:23 PM   
Sway

I've been in a really bad mood this weekend, and the morons I've encountered in town today have just made it worse.

On my way back from the shops just now, I turned the corner onto the route I take back to my flat and realised there had obviously been a very recent accident up ahead. A police van was parked at the corner of a junction with a small group of people huddled over a body on the ground. There were a couple of bicycles around, I'm thinking he was knocked off his bike. But I really did not look, I saw this at a glance as I realised what was going on, and I made a point of keeping my eyes straight ahead and away from it all.

This was directly at the corner of a junction I have to cross to get to the side of the road where my flat is. So I had to stop at the lights that were about one metre away from this person on the ground. I stood there anxiously willing the green man to appear as soon as possible so I didn't have to stand there for long.

Naturally people started appearing around me - as happens at traffic light crossings on busy streets. And some of them were blatantly just gawping and staring at what was going on. Again, I kept my head straight on away from it, because I really didn't want to stare at somebody in pain or unconscious.

Then I heard sirens not too far away and realised it was the ambulance for this person. Confirmed by the appearance of a police man on the road directly in front of us signalling to the ambulance that was already drawing up beside us.

Then the lights changed and the green man appeared. I didn't move because obviously there's a fucking ambulance approaching the scene of an accident RIGHT BESIDE OUR FEET, and yet the morons all standing either side of me started to cross the road. The ambulance had to break to let the people pass. And then the cunts realised how much of a cunt they were being so dithered infront of the ambulance which meant the driver angrily gestured to just carry on crossing.

I then felt compelled to cross at that moment too because I was hidden behind these people and didn't want the ambulance spotting me a second after and breaking again. Which then made my bad mood ten times worse because to the paramedics I just look like another one of those morons who was too concerned about getting myself across the road rather than letting them get to the victim asap.

I know sometimes people can panic and don't know what to do in situations which involve the emergency services, but in this instance it was pretty fucking obvious. If it had been normal circumstances and a car that had been that close there's no way they would have stepped infront of it.

< Message edited by Sway -- 25/8/2013 4:17:15 PM >

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9958
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/8/2013 4:39:16 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

I don't want to play the part in getting someone fired and I hate him for putting me in this situation. My manager has no people skills, his work ethics is appalling and has no management direction. It like he there for the ride and doesn't want to get his hands dirty. I don't think there are times when he took charge of the situation and it always appears to be his superiors or everyone else. The situation is our department is easy to run and yet it's underperforming. How can our department give a shit if we see our manager not giving a fuck. He just run away from a crisis and let the real workers pick up the pieces.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 9959
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/8/2013 5:48:54 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

I don't want to play the part in getting someone fired and I hate him for putting me in this situation. My manager has no people skills, his work ethics is appalling and has no management direction. It like he there for the ride and doesn't want to get his hands dirty. I don't think there are times when he took charge of the situation and it always appears to be his superiors or everyone else. The situation is our department is easy to run and yet it's underperforming. How can our department give a shit if we see our manager not giving a fuck. He just run away from a crisis and let the real workers pick up the pieces.

You have mentioned him a few times as being someone who causes problems. You mentioned he got you to falsify evidence to cover his own error which potentially could have led to you getting fired but in the circumstance ended up with you getting disciplined for his error. he appears to have not learned from this or to actually have appreciated this by his first question being to check you covered for him rather than you being okay. I would say you have done more than enough for him and it is time to protect yourself. You're not doing it to be vindictive as the fact you are concerned about having reported him proves.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9960
Page:   <<   < prev  330 331 [332] 333 334   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  330 331 [332] 333 334   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI