Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  327 328 [329] 330 331   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 5:02:29 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

BBC1HD is 143 for me as well but all the BBCs are down low

I hope I haven't confused things further

Just to confuse you even more, but BBC1 HD on my SKY package is 141, with BBC2 HD being 142 etc. My missus watches BBC 1 on 101, it annoys the hell out of me. However, watching the news the other night , the newscaster looked so gross in high def with her inches of make up, we switched back to SD.

Funny, the only thing I really notice/care about the difference is on news or sport. Re movies and entertainment I don't really notice that much between SD and HD unless there's loads of CGI

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9841
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 5:11:07 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

but have to pay a 25 fee. I'm not paying that to just use a room for 20 minutes, dump my kit for the next day and then head down to the find the watering hole!

You could have a shit and a wank. At the same time. Under the bed.
Get your 25 quids worth.

You don't half to know how to get the best value out of 25 don't you jonson!?
And wouldn't a wank just make me even hotter in this weather?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9842
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 5:29:19 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle
Still, the eye candy is best at this time of year so there is that .

It really isn't! Acres of white pasty flesh spilling over trousers and down to their knees

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this weather but don't need to see that.......

It makes me glad I am a heterosexual male as the number of podgy, corpse fleshed, badly tattooed (prison tattoos as a friend termed it) individuals in stained tracksuit trousers and no shirts is certainly not a good thing.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9843
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 6:48:44 PM   
Ghidorah

I'm know there is an emotional affair thread which I wasn't commited to in the first place. At least it shows a glimpse how confused people can get when they are in these situations.

Coming out of these situation is always messy and why many people fall back into an affair, just to make the pain stop. However I'm on a path of recovery but at the sametime I had my heart broken and lost a good friend too. However now I'm showing signs of depression and other people are picking up on these signs. I do think part of the blame can levelled at the heatwave which is too warm for many activities. i can't even turn on a game console without frying the room. It's made worst my room is facing the sun when it sets and means my room takes longer to cool down. Since the heatwave I'm getting around four to five hours sleep every day and it's taking it toll.

My shift patterns has change andthe changes are worst for me. My manager once again shows he doesn't get it and his ideas would make more sense if he speaks from his arse. Just overall I just got completely shit on and there's no need going for a promotion this time because they will turn me down because of my bad six months period.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9844
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 9:05:22 PM   
Mister Coe

Went all the way to Manchester today to meet up with old NHS friends who were on the same Uni course as me (I got made redundant so couldn't finish the course... long story that I don't want to bore you with...), the date was written down in stone, messages sent in FB, my phone number given out... and no fucker got back to me or showed up. That's a few twats deleted off Facebook. That'll show 'em!

Joking aside, aren't people disappointing? I thought we were mates.

Perhaps I really am just a cunt... as my Mum once told me.

Say what now?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9845
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 10:38:39 PM   
Hood_Man

Just to clarify, it was a small freezer compartment above the rest of the regular fridge shelves Freezing coleslaw? What Godless beast would do such a thing?? It was cheese coleslaw as well if anyone's still interested.

Turns out it wasn't anything I did, it's actually stopped working. The light works but it's just not cooling, so the landlord is going to replace it tomorrow "at some point."

Luckily when I went to the supermarket the other day it was mostly tins and pasta that I bought, disaster unintentionally averted!

Except for the coleslaw

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9846
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/7/2013 12:52:27 AM   
Shifty Bench

Not pissed off, just slightly irked. I have been trying to post in the spam alert thread about someone called sandorkolar posting in threads claiming you can watch films for free on their blog. The last one is in the EMPIRE'S DVD CLUB- NOMINATIONS thread in the dvd forums.

I tried to post it seven times in the spam alert thread but I keep getting a message that it had been deleted. No matter which post I replied to in the thread. Annoying.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9847
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/7/2013 9:45:06 PM   
Ghidorah

Another emotional affair piece.

Today I decided to check her twitter page and I read some very interesting comments. The comments were about the recent Big brother incident which a house mate assualted/threaten another.

Basically my former friend was making out Hazal was an angel and Daley was a twat. She was half right and some credit could go her way. However then she made mention Daley was a cheater and she hoped his girlfriend would dump him.
A friend of her retweeted and decided to put her straight. She mention how Hazal was flirting and leading Daley on. So I wonder what my former friend could say about that? But she dodged it and instead mention Hazal didn't deserve to be treated in that way. She also said it takes two and Daley didn't stop her advances. I stopped your advances but you still contuinued with them.d.
Her friend retweeted and once again tried to put her straight. Telling her Hazal had created this situation, and it was her fault.

Nice to know my former friend was thinking about me today.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 9848
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/7/2013 11:07:41 PM   
Hood_Man

Fucking Madagascar! Open your damn seaports!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9849
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/7/2013 8:48:51 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Today I decided to check her twitter page and I read some very interesting comments. The comments were about the recent Big brother incident which a house mate assualted/threaten another.

Basically my former friend was making out Hazal was an angel and Daley was a twat. She was half right and some credit could go her way. However then she made mention Daley was a cheater and she hoped his girlfriend would dump him.
A friend of her retweeted and decided to put her straight. She mention how Hazal was flirting and leading Daley on. So I wonder what my former friend could say about that? But she dodged it and instead mention Hazal didn't deserve to be treated in that way. She also said it takes two and Daley didn't stop her advances. I stopped your advances but you still contuinued with them.d.
Her friend retweeted and once again tried to put her straight. Telling her Hazal had created this situation, and it was her fault.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9850
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/7/2013 9:17:46 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

haha I take it you are playing Plague Inc?
Cracking game, I sometimes start in Madagascar as it annoys me too much waiting for them to get infected.(Greenland is a fucker as well)

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9851
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/7/2013 9:37:13 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9852
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/7/2013 11:18:01 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

Cracking game, I sometimes start in Madagascar as it annoys me too much waiting for them to get infected.(Greenland is a fucker as well)

I'm playing its even more infuriating older brother Pandemic 2, and bugger me it's impossible to do anything once the President of Madagascar hears about someone coughing.

I love Plague Inc though, especially the zombie add on

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9853
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/7/2013 12:17:52 PM   
jonson

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm playing its even more infuriating older brother Pandemic 2, and bugger me it's impossible to do anything once the President of Madagascar hears about someone coughing.

Z-Z-Z-Z-Zombie add-on? I didn't know there was a zombie add-on......

I quite like the fungus infection. Devolve the ailments, infect the whole world without anyone knowing they're ill, then hit them with diarrhoea, paranoia, insanity then coma.
Fucking awesome

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9854
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/7/2013 5:08:05 PM   
Valanya

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Z-Z-Z-Z-Zombie add-on? I didn't know there was a zombie add-on......

I quite like the fungus infection. Devolve the ailments, infect the whole world without anyone knowing they're ill, then hit them with diarrhoea, paranoia, insanity then coma.
Fucking awesome

I'd completely forgotten about Pandemic, didn't even realise there was a phone version! Went to download it but my HTC gets a bit upset if you try to have more than a few apps at once (god forbid you have apps AND text messages AND photos!) so it won't let me. Might have to dig out the old online version

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9855
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/7/2013 7:17:48 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

On a serious note I might be showing signs of depression. I'm not having sucide thoughts but I'm having mood swings and EVERYONE are noticing it. Sometimes I want to cry like today when I arrived at work or comletely flipped out. However a few hours later i am fine and dandy.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9856
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/7/2013 11:06:23 PM   
Mister Coe

I got waylaid by a Charity Mugger today (yeah, I know, I shouldn't have stopped....) who was collecting for disabled kids doing sports or something... fine, good cause, so I was reaching in my pocket for some change...

No, that wasn't good enough, he produced a credit card machine, said he could only accept donations that were linked to some kind of lottery ticket thing and said it was a minimum 10 donation!

MINIMUM DONATION???

Needless to say, those disabled kids are going without their sports equipment thanks to this cunt and the organization he works for...

Say what now?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9857
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/7/2013 11:27:10 PM   
MonsterCat

Fucking emotional affairs...

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9858
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/7/2013 9:12:01 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I got waylaid by a Charity Mugger today (yeah, I know, I shouldn't have stopped....) who was collecting for disabled kids doing sports or something... fine, good cause, so I was reaching in my pocket for some change...

No, that wasn't good enough, he produced a credit card machine, said he could only accept donations that were linked to some kind of lottery ticket thing and said it was a minimum 10 donation!

MINIMUM DONATION???

Needless to say, those disabled kids are going without their sports equipment thanks to this cunt and the organization he works for...

Do they seriously expect someone to scan their credit card on a machine which some random bloke on the street produces? He probably had some blank credit cards handy after skimming all your details and pin number from whoever falls for it.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9859
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/7/2013 6:34:29 PM   
ChickMagnet

I've mentioned this in the Comic Shack but its still pissing me off a bit at the ineptitude of Amazon.

On Thursday last week I ordered Volumes 1 & 2 of the Graphic Novel Saga, at the time I went for the free cheap delivery option, agreeing to bundle them together even though this would cause a delay as one of them was out of stock till today.

Sure enough Saturday I get an e-mail to say my order has been despatched, 'yay' was my initial thought until I properly read the e-mail and saw they'd despatched volume 2 'to give me a quicker service' which is all good and well but when someone orders Volume 1 and 2 of a book series you'd think they'd realise that Volume 2 is pretty much useless without Volume 1.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9860
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/7/2013 4:27:56 PM   
Ghidorah

You would think open back lorries get swipped after unloading it cargo.

I was joining various carriageways to join the motorway. I came up behind a lorry designed to transport write off cars and all of a sudden bits and bobs were hitting my car. I originally thought it was stones but why were they hitting my windscreen? All of a sudden a burst tyre came off the back of the lorry and landed directly in front of my car. So what pelting my car wasn't loose stones but crap on the back flying backwards at 60 mph. Of course I change lanes, quickly overtook, went back into the inside lane and turned off at my junction.

Afterward I took my car to the car wash so it would easier to count the amount of chips in my windscreen.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 9861
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/7/2013 5:01:15 PM   
superdan

quote:

I was joining various carriageways to join the motorway. I came up behind a lorry designed to transport write off cars and all of a sudden bits and bobs were hitting my car. I originally thought it was stones but why were they hitting my windscreen? All of a sudden a burst tyre came off the back of the lorry and landed directly in front of my car. So what pelting my car wasn't loose stones but crap on the back flying backwards at 60 mph. Of course I change lanes, quickly overtook, went back into the inside lane and turned off at my junction.

Afterward I took my car to the car wash so it would easier to count the amount of chips in my windscreen.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9862
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/7/2013 5:13:11 PM   
sanchia

quote:

I had an incident like that a few years back where a sheet of corrugated iron came flying off the back of a lorry and flying towards my windscreen. I floored it and sped up so it floated about an inch over the roof of the car and only sliced the ariel off rather than my head when it went through the windscreen.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9863
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/7/2013 6:10:52 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

I had an incident like that a few years back where a sheet of corrugated iron came flying off the back of a lorry and flying towards my windscreen. I floored it and sped up so it floated about an inch over the roof of the car and only sliced the ariel off rather than my head when it went through the windscreen.

That's messed up. All I had is four chips in my windscreen.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9864
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/7/2013 1:41:03 PM   
sanchia

Not so much pissed off as bemused. I have received a letter from my insurance company stating someone has named me as the cause of a car accident in March 2012. this is news to me as I have only had one accident in my present car which i have had since march 2011 (someone ran into the back of me 3 days after I purchased it). This is the second time this has happened as in my previous car someone claimed i had been the cause of an accident in Bath (a place i have never been to) and in that instance even though I had called the insurance company three times and informed the Indian call centre three times that i was not involved and I did not drive Corsa (the type of car involved in that accident) and had never been to the place the accident happened Norwich Union still paid out and left me with a black mark on my insurance policy which it took over a year to sort out and still shows up as an accident on my history as once on it can never be removed (it turns out the call centre never bothered to log my calls).

They don't have a lot of information on the present so called accident (apart from I apparently turned in front of a car and crashed into it) but it was definitely not me and they informed they were closing it from my direction and passing it their third party claim handler to deal with and hopefully close it with the belief they simply gave the wrong number. Hopefully they logged the call today and at least it appeared to be a call centre in this country which I have a little more hope for as they did not appear to be reliant on a script.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 26/7/2013 1:42:52 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9865
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/7/2013 2:37:09 PM   
emogeek

quote:

Not so much pissed off as bemused. I have received a letter from my insurance company stating someone has named me as the cause of a car accident in March 2012. this is news to me as I have only had one accident in my present car which i have had since march 2011 (someone ran into the back of me 3 days after I purchased it). This is the second time this has happened as in my previous car someone claimed i had been the cause of an accident in Bath (a place i have never been to) and in that instance even though I had called the insurance company three times and informed the Indian call centre three times that i was not involved and I did not drive Corsa (the type of car involved in that accident) and had never been to the place the accident happened Norwich Union still paid out and left me with a black mark on my insurance policy which it took over a year to sort out and still shows up as an accident on my history as once on it can never be removed (it turns out the call centre never bothered to log my calls).

They don't have a lot of information on the present so called accident (apart from I apparently turned in front of a car and crashed into it) but it was definitely not me and they informed they were closing it from my direction and passing it their third party claim handler to deal with and hopefully close it with the belief they simply gave the wrong number. Hopefully they logged the call today and at least it appeared to be a call centre in this country which I have a little more hope for as they did not appear to be reliant on a script.

Have you tried contacting DVLA about it?

I had an incident a few years ago, where I got sent parking charges for me being parked at Lymm Services (on the Northbound M6 in the vicinity of Warrington). Luckily, aside from me knowing I had never been there, I could also prove it - as I was on holiday in Devon at the time (I was even able to tell them exactly what I was doing at said time!) Now I'm fairly sure it was a scam (the parking company seemed to very quickly withdraw the fine when I challenged it, but would not send me confirmation of this in writing, claiming that the picture evidence they had (which I wish I had asked for a copy of) showed a vehicle that was clearly not my car, but displaying my licence plate).

As well as reporting to the police, (which I was wary of doing as I didn't want my reg plate flagged and thus keep getting pulled over!) I spoke to DVLA who carried out an investigation for me.

They didn't find anything (which convinces me even more that the parking company were a scam) but it does appear that they have a procedure for trying to uncover reg no cloning.

Might be worth a try (sorry, as it was a few years back I can't remember how I went about it, but might be worth ringing them?)

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9866
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/7/2013 2:55:18 PM   
sanchia

I get the impression it is probably just a number plate similar to mine but with a wrong digit on it. I've asked the insurance company to check the make of care an where the accident happened but hopefully this one will be sorted without problems. i will be phoning them every few weeks to keep on top of it until I am informed in writing that nothing else is happening though.

It is just a bit irritating that this is the second time it has happened.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 9867
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/7/2013 10:26:02 PM   
Ghidorah

My gym had recently installed an Olympic bench pressing pad, with safety hooks and storage areas for the weights. Fancy stuff.

I never used an Olympic barbell before and I gave it a go after I had finished my exercises routines. I thought the bar itself weighed aprox 5kg when in actual fact the bars can weigh between 12.5kg to 20kg depending on the length. I added four 20kg discs to the bar and did three cheap reps.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9868
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/7/2013 10:34:15 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

I get the impression it is probably just a number plate similar to mine but with a wrong digit on it. I've asked the insurance company to check the make of care an where the accident happened but hopefully this one will be sorted without problems. i will be phoning them every few weeks to keep on top of it until I am informed in writing that nothing else is happening though.

It is just a bit irritating that this is the second time it has happened.

If it doesn't work I suggest calling the insurance cancellation number. You will get put through almost straight away to British person and will enquiry why you want to leave. Tell him or her of your situation and they should try to sort it out for you. It's their job to prevent their customers leaving.

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 26/7/2013 10:35:02 PM >

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9869
RE: I am pissed off because... - 28/7/2013 5:32:38 PM   
Shifty Bench

BT.......... just, fucking BT..........

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9870
Page:   <<   < prev  327 328 [329] 330 331   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  327 328 [329] 330 331   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI