Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  326 327 [328] 329 330   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/7/2013 11:30:07 PM   
elab49

People can suddenly start getting it with no location changes or weather - it's a bit of a bastard that way. It's such a shock for those that do - they finally believe the bit where you tell them you can wake up in the morning and not know whether it's flu or hayfever till the antihistamine kicks in!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 9811
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/7/2013 12:32:12 AM   
Valanya

I am pissed off because of Gove. Nuff said, really.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9812
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/7/2013 2:17:11 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I hate to say this but I wouldn't be so sure - it's really common for hayfever to go away for years at a time and then come back and hit you just as hard. My mum was out of it for about 15 years and then it came back. I'm really lucky as I'm in the almost clear phase at the moment but I know it won't last from experience.

When I was a kid it was so bad I couldn't go outside for chunks of the time, especially when the grass had been cut - very slightly pass-outy.

Have either of you gone with the pre-season injections? I've found they can close it down enough for over the counter medication to help.

I mentioned this in another thread but I got hayfever for the first time in my life last week and I'm 34, which was unexpected. I was quite surprised as I had just figured I was one of those lucky souls who didn't get it. I assumed it's to do with living in a new, much greener area and maybe being exposed to stuff I haven't really encountered before (or just a miserable by-product of getting older). I do remember reading a couple of months ago that this year is meant to be one of the worst in decades for it though, so maybe that's something to do with it.

Supposedly local honey is great for hayfever, as it's made from the local flora and therefore immunises the body against the pollen.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 9813
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/7/2013 5:47:31 PM   
moontheloon

In my interview on Friday I specifically asked when they would be letting people know if they were successful or not. The answer I got was that they didn't want to leave people hanging on, and obviously wanted the weekend to discuss it, they had something important on on Monday so that it should be Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. It is now Thursday and I have still not heard anything. I hate that I have been glued to my phone, checking my emails hourly, if not more often, on the off-chance I'll hear something.

I've sent them an email politely asking if they could provide me with feedback to help me with future interviews, but I just really hate waiting, especially as I am fairly sure I've not got the job. I would just rather know for sure so I can move on.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 9814
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/7/2013 6:39:10 PM   
El Becks

Some asshole has damaged my beautiful car! And ranted and raved at ME when it was clearly his fault; I was parked! Asshole then threatened to burn my house down! ASSHOLE!!!

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 9815
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/7/2013 6:50:12 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Becks

Some asshole has damaged my beautiful car! And ranted and raved at ME when it was clearly his fault; I was parked! Asshole then threatened to burn my house down! ASSHOLE!!!

Gutted if you arent insured for it.... I know how that feels, ive got some bad ass key scratches on mine... but fuck it, nothing I can do about it now.

quote:

I've sent them an email politely asking if they could provide me with feedback to help me with future interviews, but I just really hate waiting, especially as I am fairly sure I've not got the job. I would just rather know for sure so I can move on.

Same here, I passed the first stage and telephone interview in Feb and was waiting for selection centre, which were all booked then (this was in Feb). Have read that some people already have offers and im still left hanging so i emailed yesterday.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to El Becks)
Post #: 9816
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/7/2013 1:10:16 PM   
jcthefirst

The power steering went on my car last night, making it impossible to drive home. Had to get a tow back to Bangor (70) then leave it by the Hyundai garage overnight. Went back down there this morning at half 8, waited 2 hours for them to 'diagnose' the car (have to replace the whole steering column; would be nearly 2 grands worth were the car not still under warranty. Thank frig it is.) then had to wait another hour before a courtesy car came back in.

STRESS!

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 9817
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/7/2013 1:16:45 PM   
elab49

Odd - I'd to have the entire steering column on my Hyundai replaced within a few months of getting the car - an i20. Which is a decent enough car but it spent a chunk of May/June in and out of the garage because, it turns out, of a possible problem in the way it had been laid up before being delivered - or at least that's the only time the garage had seen this particular issue with the brakes before. Brake pads seem to need replaced more often than my old car as well.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9818
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/7/2013 1:25:37 PM   
jcthefirst

Ours is an i30. This is the first time we've had any problems with it in 3 years, although there had been a creaking/grinding noise we'd noticed lately when we reversed. Guess this was that.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9819
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/7/2013 6:17:35 PM   
Valanya

Admittedly our hyundai is ten years old, but it has no end of problems. To the point where we're essentially ignoring the warning lights until the day it finally dies. Which is fine, except for the days when it won't start

On the other car (Clio this time) the power steering went weeks ago, but haven't been able to get it fixed yet because no one seems to be able to track down the right part.

In short, when I have a proper income in the autumn I fully intend to buy a new car with warranty, because I am tired of going to the garage.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9820
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/7/2013 2:50:06 PM   
Valanya

I am so tired of being the only person in my house that seems to think it's important to put anything away.

My partner and I live in a titchy studio flat, so it's hard to keep it clean and tidy at the best of times, but he's developing a habit of getting stuff out and then just... leaving it. Especially around his desk which, I kid you not, I can't actually reach without leaning over a pile of random cables, hangers, clothes, guitar and laptop stuff, tools, music books and god knows what else. It's aggravating at the best of times, but today I said I would get a courier sorted for a parcel so I need to weigh it. He last had the luggage scale but - surprise surprise - it isn't in the drawer where it lives. It wouldn't annoy me so much, but I only said I would get the parcel sent because it's been waiting to go since Monday and he hasn't gotten around to it yet. And now I can't even do that because he's put the scale SOMEWHERE in the black hole of his desk

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9821
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/7/2013 10:44:47 PM   
Goodfella

I am utterly disgusted at this shithole village I live in and tonight's events just typify this place!

I'll try not to rant but let me explain. We have some students staying with us currently. Italian boys, three of them, one aged eleven, and two aged 12. We are do it for a local organization for foreign students who come over and stay from the continent. We've been doing it for a few years and they are perfectly nice lads, as they usually are, we had two girls last year instead. They are polite, pleasant, do as they are asked and are always well behaved, a real example to the anti-social behaviour problems we have around here with the locals relating to alcohol and drugs. Anyway one of their friends, also Italian, is staying down the road at another property and I know the family there have a reputation, they run an attached B&B and have had questions over planning permission and parking and their elder son also smokes and deals drugs in the local area which I have witnessed, I also know he drives home drunk because I have worked in a pub where he was served far too much alcohol before driving off in his car although at the time no-one was aware he had driven to the premises.

Anyway in this property, the elder son has a French friend staying there and this "friend" in question has claimed he had 80 in an envelope in his room and it has disappeared and the blame has been laid at the young Italian boy's door. Their evidence? There is none. Apparently he was alone in the property at some point on his own today (which he shouldn't have been anyway but that's beside the point at this stage) but so were several others and he doesn't even know the room this other French lad is staying in. They have therefore decided he is guilty and threatened to call the Police, understandably as a young child in a foreign country where he has a basic understanding of the language and with his experiences of a sterner Italian police force, he has become quite upset and is worried about being detained, they leave tomorrow, so his friends have all chipped in, 5 each, to pay this French lad in question. He is adamant he has not stolen it, when his leaders were informed they visited the property and seemed to receive a mixed story about what had actually happened, with the mother claiming that initially she thought he had done it but now she is not so sure given his reaction yet all these students have given up a small amount of money each to stop the French lad, and presumably her son, calling the Police and she apparently burst into tears during this, something regarding her son so the leaders, who understandably are in a terribly difficult situation themselves with their reputations on the line too, have left the matter as it stands, given they leave tomorrow and have told us informally they will give boys their money back when they return to Italy tomorrow, presumably as an attempt at appeasement for the reaction they will most likely receive from some parents.

I think it's absolutely disgusting. Where is the evidence that this young boy is guilty? Where was this money? Did he definitely even have the money in the first place? Who else was in the property and possibly a suspect? Why is the elder son involved and the mother so concerned about that? How dare they use bully-boy tactics to frighten some young, innocent children into paying money over for something they most likely had no involvement in whatsoever. Why also, let's say he did take the money, would he take English currency the day before he leaves the country, especially when he is just 11 years old!? This reeks to me, especially given I now know the elder son is involved and know about what he gets up too in his spare time and personally we will be calling the Police tomorrow after they have left. I don't expect the Police to do anything because frankly they are more of a running joke than these kind of incidents around here, half the reason we have such an issue with drink, drugs and anti-social behaviour in a small, seaside village in the idyllic English countryside is because there are no fucking Police here, we have no regimented officer for the local area and occasionally a car or van flies through but that's about it. Well I'm not having this, the Police can sort this out and get that money back or I'm going down to get back it and I will change it up into Euros and send it back to all the students in question with a letter of apology on behalf of my local village and at my own personal expense.

It is so typical of this place, standard reaction to "outsiders" as they are perceived and frankly, questionably racist, and there's plenty of that around here so I wouldn't at all be surprised!

RANT OVER!!! My apologies.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9822
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/7/2013 5:54:34 PM   
Hood_Man

People who watch a channel in SD when they have a HD TV and get the HD version of the same channel.

USE IT!

Or people who watch programmes that were filmed in 4:3, stretched to the 16:9 format. IT DOESN'T LOOK BETTER IT LOOKS WEIRD!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 9823
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/7/2013 8:18:55 PM   
Valanya

That's horrifying Goodfella - that poor kid! I can't believe there are scumbags that would do something like that - if the money hasn't been found, and no one has suddenly mysteriously acquired 80's worth of new stuff then what the hell do they think they're playing at? Sounds supremely dodgy to me; I highly doubt it's as simple as 80 went missing and they decided this kid was the most likely suspect. Good on you for trying to get this sorted out.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9824
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/7/2013 8:36:07 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya

That's horrifying Goodfella - that poor kid! I can't believe there are scumbags that would do something like that - if the money hasn't been found, and no one has suddenly mysteriously acquired 80's worth of new stuff then what the hell do they think they're playing at? Sounds supremely dodgy to me; I highly doubt it's as simple as 80 went missing and they decided this kid was the most likely suspect. Good on you for trying to get this sorted out.

Thank you, to be honest I calmed down a bit after last night and we spoke to the leaders again this morning and they say if this had occurred earlier in the trip then they would have dealt with it in a very different manner but they're hands are really tied now so they've left it and returned back to Italy and will give the money back to the boys when they land, out of their own pockets might I add, which is absolutely disgraceful. We're still going to the Police though and I expect the Police to go and speak to them about it, if I find out, like I have in the past when dealing with such incidents around here that they have done nothing then I will be heading down there to speaking to them directly and telling them exactly what I think of them and they can like it or lump it, we're also going to contact the parents of the students we had staying with us and apologise if this at all blighted their experience and try and reassure them this is not typical of behaviour in the UK, which is the impression I fear many of these students might go back with this, this is not the first problem they've had encountering locals, several years ago a young lad was attacked by a group of local teenagers and they've had other incidents where they've been picked on or had their mobile phones stolen and like you say, it's completely unacceptable and someone's got to do something otherwise this will carry on.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9825
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/7/2013 10:45:14 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

People who watch a channel in SD when they have a HD TV and get the HD version of the same channel.

USE IT!

Or people who watch programmes that were filmed in 4:3, stretched to the 16:9 format. IT DOESN'T LOOK BETTER IT LOOKS WEIRD!

We had Sky TV for about 6 months before we realised we had to change to the HDMI mode on the TV, stupid installation man never mentioned and there we were "There's not much difference really, is there?"

EDIT I also always forget that there's an E4HD, for some reason it's way down on the listings

< Message edited by musht -- 14/7/2013 10:46:22 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9826
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/7/2013 12:57:39 AM   
Hood_Man

My freezer has defrosted! The knot on the wrapper for the bread got caught in the doorway when I closed it, which must have left a gap and with this hot weather we've been having it's caused what little ice was in there to leak

Luckily there was only beef mince and the bread in there so nothing's ruined, and the only thing that has been spoilt was a little remaining coleslaw that happened to be directly underneath where the water leaked out, but it's still flipping annoying

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 9827
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/7/2013 2:32:28 PM   
StaceyB

1. International people can't fill in forms properly. Even when you have the exact same conversation with them over a period of six months culminating in them simply sending a big pile of receipts to you and their boarding cards with no form whatsoever.

2. The fact that "please amend this form and fill out the section entitled "location" with the location of this task and send back to me for approval" wasn't clear enough for the person to fill in any location details before sending it back to me.

working life is getting on my tits today. I despair.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9828
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 1:06:16 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I've had enough of this weather, it's just oppressively hot and sitting in an office while my desk fan circulates warm air around me is just hellish. What's pissed me off though is my boss telling me to enjoy the weather because I'll be complaining when it's cold, as if everybody's default favourite weather is hot and dry. I very rarely complain when it's cold as I like cold weather. It's easier to warm up than it is to cool down and I'd prefer to be walking outside wrapped up in a wooly jumper and a thick coat than sweating my bollocks off in shorts and a t-shirt. Don't get me wrong, I do like it to be occasionally hot but not for 3-4 weeks straight (as has been forecast). I haven't been able to sleep properly for over a fortnight now and it's annoying the fuck out of me. Still, the eye candy is best at this time of year so there is that .

Roll on the freshness of autumn.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 16/7/2013 1:18:22 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to StaceyB)
Post #: 9829
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 1:57:46 PM   
jonson

quote:

My freezer has defrosted! The knot on the wrapper for the bread got caught in the doorway when I closed it, which must have left a gap and with this hot weather we've been having it's caused what little ice was in there to leak

Luckily there was only beef mince and the bread in there so nothing's ruined, and the only thing that has been spoilt was a little remaining coleslaw that happened to be directly underneath where the water leaked out, but it's still flipping annoying

Nightmare. (do you really freeze coleslaw?)

About 15 years ago, I was building a conservatory at a huge house, and had an apprentice with me.
"Plug this in" I said to him, passing him an extension cable. He wandered into the garage, came out and went "rally on"
The next day, the client met me on the drive and informed me he had unplugged their freezer and had defrosted 15,000 worth of prawns for a party they were having. At first I laughed, "15 grand's worth of prawns? Surely that's not possible?" (not having a clue what expensive prawns cost or how big the freezer was)
Thankfully they were insured, but I got a right bollocking off my gaffer for assuming the apprentice could plug something in without unplugging something else.
Which was the last time I trusted anyone under the age of 21 to do anything vaguely responsible

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9830
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 2:33:33 PM   
superdan

Anyone who spends 15 large on fucking prawns deserves to be inconvenienced at every possible opportunity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle
I've had enough of this weather, it's just oppressively hot and sitting in an office while my desk fan circulates warm air around me is just hellish. What's pissed me off though is my boss telling me to enjoy the weather because I'll be complaining when it's cold, as if everybody's default favourite weather is hot and dry. I very rarely complain when it's cold as I like cold weather. It's easier to warm up than it is to cool down and I'd prefer to be walking outside wrapped up in a wooly jumper and a thick coat than sweating my bollocks off in shorts and a t-shirt. Don't get me wrong, I do like it to be occasionally hot but not for 3-4 weeks straight (as has been forecast). I haven't been able to sleep properly for over a fortnight now and it's annoying the fuck out of me. Still, the eye candy is best at this time of year so there is that .

Agreed. I hate getting to work and getting home bathed in sweat because it's so hot, whereas I like walking to work wrapped up against the cold and feeling the bite of it against my face. Sunny is fine, hot is not.

< Message edited by superdan -- 16/7/2013 2:37:11 PM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9831
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 2:35:38 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

I read that as Hoody having one of those fridge-freezers where the freezer is a little compartment above the fridge. My parents had one of those and anything directly underneath the freezer compartment did get regularly dripped on.

Unless he does freeze coleslaw, which is just fucking weird.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9832
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 2:45:57 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

About 15 years ago, I was building a conservatory at a huge house, and had an apprentice with me.
"Plug this in" I said to him, passing him an extension cable. He wandered into the garage, came out and went "rally on"
The next day, the client met me on the drive and informed me he had unplugged their freezer and had defrosted 15,000 worth of prawns for a party they were having. At first I laughed, "15 grand's worth of prawns? Surely that's not possible?" (not having a clue what expensive prawns cost or how big the freezer was)
Thankfully they were insured, but I got a right bollocking off my gaffer for assuming the apprentice could plug something in without unplugging something else.
Which was the last time I trusted anyone under the age of 21 to do anything vaguely responsible

Taken shortly before the freezer incident.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 16/7/2013 2:46:39 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9833
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 2:47:07 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Still, the eye candy is best at this time of year so there is that .

It really isn't!   Acres of white pasty flesh spilling over trousers and down to their knees

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this weather but don't need to see that.......

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

quote:

I read that as Hoody having one of those fridge-freezers where the freezer is a little compartment above the fridge. My parents had one of those and anything directly underneath the freezer compartment did get regularly dripped on.

Exactly how I read it as well.  Jonson just isn't used to those small appliances (bet he's got a massive fuck off freezer)

< Message edited by Hobbitonlass -- 16/7/2013 2:48:23 PM >

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9834
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 2:49:50 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

USE IT!

We had Sky TV for about 6 months before we realised we had to change to the HDMI mode on the TV, stupid installation man never mentioned and there we were "There's not much difference really, is there?"

EDIT I also always forget that there's an E4HD, for some reason it's way down on the listings

Hang on, does that mean I can set it to have the HD channels on my Sky box as 101, 102 and so on, instead of having to go to 143 for BBC One HD?

I thought that only happened if you had the HD package from Sky, which I don't.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 9835
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 3:36:12 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Exactly how I read it as well. Jonson just isn't used to those small appliances (bet he's got a massive fuck off freezer)

I have a Fisher Paykel fridge freezer (with freezer drawers) but lets not get into an American Ice Maker conversation as Sinatra will be going on about it all day

quote:

I read that as Hoody having one of those fridge-freezers where the freezer is a little compartment above the fridge.

Yeah, fair point, I didn't assume that, sometimes I forget how the other half live, what with all this talk of prawns and separate fridge freezers

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9836
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 3:44:56 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

USE IT!

Hang on, does that mean I can set it to have the HD channels on my Sky box as 101, 102 and so on, instead of having to go to 143 for BBC One HD?

I thought that only happened if you had the HD package from Sky, which I don't.

First of all I meant to say "we had Sky HD" before realising ... etc

Secondly, no JC you can't, not as far as I'm aware. BBC1HD is 143 for me as well but all the BBCs are down low (3 and 4 are 210 and 211 which is just wrong because there' so much shit ahead of them) because in Ireland we have RTE at 101 etc. The listings is up to Sky. But usually they have the common sense to list the HD channels ahead/along side the SD equivalents however for some reason E4HD is well into the 200s whereas E4SD is 134 or something like that and hence I always select it first because it comes up first.

I hope I haven't confused things further

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9837
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 4:14:43 PM   
jonson

quote:

BBC1HD is 143 for me as well but all the BBCs are down low

I hope I haven't confused things further

Just to confuse you even more, but BBC1 HD on my SKY package is 141, with BBC2 HD being 142 etc. My missus watches BBC 1 on 101, it annoys the hell out of me. However, watching the news the other night , the newscaster looked so gross in high def with her inches of make up, we switched back to SD.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 9838
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 4:26:00 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

Yes, yes, yes! What is that all about? The assumption that you shouldn't complain about the considerably hot weather, because we don't get enough of it, and everyone loves the hot weather don't they!? To be honest I don't mind hot weather when I'm expecting the place I'm in to be in is usually hot i.e. when abroad on holiday, but this, working and following an everyday schedule in this heat and humidity is really starting to get to me as a British person and anyone wagging their finger at you when you start to complain about. One of my best friends is getting married on Friday and I'm trying to get checked into the hotel as early as possible to get changed into my suit there as I really don't fancy driving the 45-odd miles in this heat in my finery, I'll be a sweating chestnut by the time I get there! The hotel usually only let check-ins after 2pm and the weddings at 1.30pm, you can check in early at 11am but have to pay a 25 fee. I'm not paying that to just use a room for 20 minutes, dump my kit for the next day and then head down to the find the watering hole! But, apparently, if you speak to them under the guise of the wedding party they might make an exception, I'm hoping so, since the room has already cost me 80 bleedin' quid! Mind you it is the no.1 wedding venue in the south-west so I can't honestly say I was surprised and I got in earlier so got a cheaper but still very pleasant and comfortable room, unlike the slower arrivals who have ended up paying the better part of 200 for a single room with a double bed in it and a piddly en-suite!

The best part of the booking process was the Jeeves-style character trying to sell the superior room down the phone to me when I booked - "I have to tell you sir, it's a lovely room to wine and dine the young ladies in" - My response of well for 145, you are going to have to guarantee me a few ladies with that mate, I'm not sure how well that went down to be honest!

However I am absolutely thrilled for them that they are going to get such a beautiful summer's day, let's face it, quite unique in this country, to get married on. They've paid for the whole thing themselves and are only 29 and 23 respectively (and not the way around on the ages there that you might imagine either!) so I'm very pleased for them both they are going to get a day like one of the ones we have been experiencing over the last week or so for one of the best days of their lives.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9839
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/7/2013 4:49:54 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

but have to pay a 25 fee. I'm not paying that to just use a room for 20 minutes, dump my kit for the next day and then head down to the find the watering hole!

You could have a shit and a wank. At the same time. Under the bed.
Get your 25 quids worth.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 9840
Page:   <<   < prev  326 327 [328] 329 330   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  326 327 [328] 329 330   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI